Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

craftyclipper Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:33:31 PM(UTC)
craftyclipper

Groups: Registered

I have had my E2 for almost a year now. I have never had a problem with it at all.

This past week I've been trying to cut scallops for some halloween gift tags, but its not cutting properly at all. The paper is ripping, but at the same time, its not even cutting through the page! Even after going over it 3 times its still ripping and not cutting through all the way.

I thought I needed a new blade since Its been awhile since I replaced it, I got a new one today and even with the new blade its doing the same thing.I've tried different settings, different paper and still its not cutting properly. I have no idea what Im doing wrong. I've cut scallops many times and never had this problem.

Is there a certain way the blade housing needs to be put in? Thats the only thing I can think of. Until I figure it out I cant use my Cricut Cursing Im going through withdrawls! lol

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
craftyclipper Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 4:42:37 PM(UTC)
craftyclipper

So, I also just got a new mat. My cricut isnt cutting through any of the normal paper that I've cut through before. Im having to go over it 3-4 times to get it to cut all the way through. My depth is at 5 and the blade at 6 and even through normal cardstock its not cutting all the way through.
boogleosity11a2a66c Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:52:37 AM(UTC)
boogleosity11a2a66c

Confused are you using the right blade? I learned the hard way that the blades are color coded so to speak --green coverings regular blades and deep cut blades are purple could that be it??