Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
GracefulGrammar Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 7:57:21 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1845 time(s) in 874 post(s)
I would like to backup my Gypsy files........... This function hasn't worked for months. I would like to use my Gypsy files in CCR! Is the Gypsy another abandoned pricey toy????

My Gypsy is 3 years old...... I would like to backup my gypsy files before my Gypsy goes to the boneyard!!! Why has this feature been nonfunctional for months and when will it be working again?

Also, until recently the free carts PC gifted Gypsy owners appeared in CCR....... Blackletter, Christmas Noel, Tags, Bags, Boxes, Smiley Cards....... There were 6 and they have vanished........ When will access to these be restored in CCR? They were there once upon a time!

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:20:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
Khrista on 11/2/2012(UTC)
Khrista Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 9:42:22 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2509 time(s) in 1397 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
I would like to backup my Gypsy files........... This function hasn't worked for months. I would like to use my Gypsy files in CCR! Is the Gypsy another abandoned pricey toy????

My Gypsy is 3 years old...... I would like to backup my gypsy files before my Gypsy goes to the boneyard!!! Why has this feature been nonfunctional for months and when will it be working again?

Also, until recently the free carts PC gifted Gypsy owners appeared in CCR....... Blackletter, Christmas Noel, Tags, Bags, Boxes, Smiley Cards....... There were 6 and they have vanished........ When will access to these be restored in CCR? They were there once upon a time!

btt for you as I'd like to know this also since I have a gypsy too. I'm just not going to hold my breathe though since one Imagine issue they caused is now a year old and not been fixed. Angry

Khrista
 1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 11/4/2012(UTC)
Scrapperdee Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 9:46:17 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4167 time(s) in 2391 post(s)
I've been dying to backup my files too...especially if they are getting out of gypsy...we should, at least, be able to move our files to CCR prior to our personal gypsies dying (and we can't replace any more).

That is the VERY LEAST they should provide for the loyal gypsy owners.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 9:11:52 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Thanks for the BTT, Ladies :-)

I would really like for PC to respond to this! I am not able to share Gypsy files or back them up or use them in CCR!

Anyone have timeline as to how long this function has been unavailable? Has it been 6 months? A year More? Less??

Thanks for the responses BigGrin
Scrapperdee Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 6:27:11 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

btt
 1 user thanked Scrapperdee for this useful post.
MaryScraps Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 4:18:18 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 6875 time(s) in 2794 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the BTT, Ladies :-)

I would really like for PC to respond to this! I am not able to share Gypsy files or back them up or use them in CCR!

Anyone have timeline as to how long this function has been unavailable? Has it been 6 months? A year More? Less??

Thanks for the responses BigGrin

I've seen complaints go back a year or so. It never has been fixed.

I drag and drop them onto my desk top. Sometimes that works others not.

Edited by user Sunday, November 04, 2012 4:19:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 6:42:36 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: Scrapbooking_Grandma Go to Quoted Post
I've seen complaints go back a year or so. It never has been fixed.

I drag and drop them onto my desk top. Sometimes that works others not.

One year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and no fix to problem that PC bought on with a update?? When i drag mine to the desktop they always are zero K and I open the file with a text editor and it's blank!

My gypsy is 3 years old and I wont be replacing....... PC, I NEED TO BACK UP MY FILES!!!

Thanks for info, SB_Grandma........ The situation is really worse than I thought!

Khrista Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 12:14:07 AM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2509 time(s) in 1397 post(s)
btt
 1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 11/5/2012(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 7:35:40 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

PC, please respond to this post!!! Gypsy owners need to be able to backup their files! I wonder how many folks would sit quietly if their computer did not allow them to transfer, share or backup files???

PC, Please respond........... seems this problem has been going on for over a year?????????

unregistered Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 9:29:12 AM(UTC)
unregistered

Was thanked: 171 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Have you thought about taking your concerns and posting them on the Cricut Facebook page? Maybe doing it as a large group - so there are a lot of postings?

Provo Craft/Cricut really seems to be attentive to their Facebook page. I see a lot of "official" responses to questions there.

I have been hearing of the "death of the message board" in this age of Facebook and Twitter. I like the message board format, and I know that some of us don't do Facebook, but it seems that is where PC/C is focusing their social media resources.

Just a suggestion - hope it helps.
 1 user thanked unregistered for this useful post.
Sing&Scrap on 11/5/2012(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 3:47:21 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: IowaGirl2011 Go to Quoted Post
Have you thought about taking your concerns and posting them on the Cricut Facebook page? Maybe doing it as a large group - so there are a lot of postings?

Provo Craft/Cricut really seems to be attentive to their Facebook page. I see a lot of "official" responses to questions there.

I have been hearing of the "death of the message board" in this age of Facebook and Twitter. I like the message board format, and I know that some of us don't do Facebook, but it seems that is where PC/C is focusing their social media resources.

Just a suggestion - hope it helps.

Thanks for the response........... but Facebook and Twitter are social netword sites........ and tech problems generally aren't handled in a social media environment. Nathan was on the MB a few weeks ago and he introduced PCGena; and, at that time, he said that PC has several people reading the MB to handle technical issues.......

Every cutter company has a message board where technical issues are discussed and company reps respond........ most tech companies have longstanding message boards where technical issues are handled......... Posts are buried very quickly on Facebook and Twitter, social networks aren't appropriate or professional forums in which to address technical problems, in my opinion......... thanks again for taking the time to read my post and respondingBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
scrapalette Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 4:47:27 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18982 time(s) in 8481 post(s)
I guess I missed the post about having tech people on the MB. Huh There are several CS reps that are on the MB answering questions though {but that's not the same}.

Originally Posted by: Nathan Go to Quoted Post
All,

I would like to introduce, PCGena. She is here on the Message Board to help answer questions you might have about the Cricut Cirle program.

Thanks everyone!
~Nathan
GracefulGrammar Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 5:33:12 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
I guess I missed the post about having tech people on the MB. Huh There are several CS reps that are on the MB answering questions though {but that's not the same}.

Hopefully, if PCGena & Co can't address this problem themselves, they will have the initiative to forward this problem to someone who can..........

Gena has posted about tech problems after consulting, guess you missed that :-) The most recent being about a Cricut Sync Error.......it's a sticky at the top of General Chat on the Circle board.

Regardless, a year without being able to backup Gypsy files is inexcusable, in my opinion, regardless of what PCGena's responsibility is on the MB! Hopefully, someone who cares at PC will read this and see if the problem can be corrected or ar least looked at........... or perhaps the Gypsy has been abandoned also???

Edited by user Monday, November 05, 2012 5:34:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrapalette Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 6:06:04 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

I'm not saying you don't have a valid question, just that you might be asking/expecting the wrong people to answer it. I'm sure posts on the MB are forwarded on to the appropriate department but that's where the accountability seems to end {and it's been that way since the Bug Guides would forward threads/issues/problems and no on ever gave us answers except it was being passed on to "the powers that be"}.
SkyCandy Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 3:19:32 PM(UTC)
SkyCandy

United States

Was thanked: 334 time(s) in 248 post(s)
PC please respond! Thanks
GracefulGrammar Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 3:16:48 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

I am really hoping that someone from PC will see this post; and, and help to get this serious problem corrected. I can't imagine any consumer sitting quietly if they had a laptop that couldn't be backed up for over a year.
Annabella Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:13:12 PM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)

I wonder if the lack of action is the fact they want you to be totally on CCR. This way they have control of what you have and what they need from you, like your designs or something you have made.

They seem to have no accountability to the loyal customers. It just convinces me that the hand held G is also on the way out.

I said it on one of the other posts. I wish Nathan would remove his picture as it makes me want to puke. He promised so much and we got nothing!!!

This is my Honest Opinion.
 1 user thanked Annabella for this useful post.
letypedroza on 11/12/2012(UTC)
Scrapperdee Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:40:32 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Originally Posted by: Annabella Go to Quoted Post
I wonder if the lack of action is the fact they want you to be totally on CCR. This way they have control of what you have and what they need from you, like your designs or something you have made.

They seem to have no accountability to the loyal customers. It just convinces me that the hand held G is also on the way out.

So..if they want us to use CCR...they better let us DOWNLOAD OUR G FILES so we can use them in ccr!!!

1 user thanked Scrapperdee for this useful post.
BoomerKnows on 11/8/2012(UTC)
BoomerKnows Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 9:45:57 PM(UTC)
BoomerKnows

Canada

Was thanked: 1673 time(s) in 1153 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapperdee Go to Quoted Post
So..if they want us to use CCR...they better let us DOWNLOAD OUR G FILES so we can use them in ccr!!!

we can hope I guess...
 1 user thanked BoomerKnows for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 11/8/2012(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#20 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:24:38 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Hello, Cricut Mallie:

As you can see, this question was asked well over a week ago and there has been no response from PC....... Would you please find out when Gypsy users are going to be able to backup their gypsy files, share files, and transfer files to CCR??

This problem was bought on over a year ago following an update: and, it has not been addressed. Please get an answer for Gypsy users.

Tia

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:25:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Shelly Offline
#21 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:14:35 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 306 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Annabella Go to Quoted Post

I said it on one of the other posts. I wish Nathan would remove his picture as it makes me want to puke. He promised so much and we got nothing!!!

This is my Honest Opinion.

What about those of us who can't use CCR, because we don't have access to the internet where it is by our machines. I don't want to have to get on the internet to design. I love my Gypsy, its small, travels with me, and I love it.
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 11/16/2012(UTC)
Delia Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 5:46:36 PM(UTC)
Delia

Australia

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I would also like to back up my gypsy files and add them to CCR, When I got the gypsy all my carts were put on there, about a 100, I'm in Australia and wont be able to buy a new gypsy and send them both to USA to get them serialized. I'm so worried my gypsy will break down as its from launch 3 years ago.
 1 user thanked Delia for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#23 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 7:34:03 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8072 time(s) in 4722 post(s)
I'm not saying you don't have a valid question, just that you might be asking/expecting the wrong people to answer it. I'm sure posts on the MB are forwarded on to the appropriate department but that's where the accountability seems to end {and it's been that way since the Bug Guides would forward threads/issues/problems and no on ever gave us answers except it was being passed on to "the powers that be"}.

Isn't this the reason NATHAN posted about PCMALLIE a few days ago? I thought it was on a STICKY on Friday. I think he said she would be monitoring the MBs VERY CLOSELY.

Char
scrapalette Offline
#24 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 7:45:56 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Isn't this the reason NATHAN posted about PCMALLIE a few days ago? I thought it was on a STICKY on Friday. I think he said she would be monitoring the MBs VERY CLOSELY.

Char

Even though my post on this thread was before Cricut Mallie was introduced, there is only so much she can do. She can pass the request on to the IT team {if she even goes directly to the departments and not through someone else at PC}, but she can't make this a priority for them. She can only let them know there are {multiple} requests to get this feature working.

And, again, I'm not saying it's not a valid request.
CricutGena Offline
#25 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:03:05 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Hello everyone. The answer to your questions have actually been answered in several places. Unfortunately the answers do get buried in the message boards quite quickly. Hopefully you will all see this and be able to back up your Gypsy files. To back up the gypsy files you will simply need to create a file on your computer desktop. Once you have a file ready, connect your Gypsy to sync and allow Sync to pull up the screen which lists your projects. From there right click on your files one at a time and save them to your desktop file. Once they are all saved there you can also import them into your Cricut Craft Room Program. To do this you will start the Cricut Craft Room, then click on "My Projects". There will be an import option which will allow you to browse your computer for the file which you wish to import.
I hope that this helps!
-PCGena
 1 user thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
ssharp11d5c1f11b on 11/12/2012(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#26 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:11:08 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: PCGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone. The answer to your questions have actually been answered in several places. Unfortunately the answers do get buried in the message boards quite quickly. Hopefully you will all see this and be able to back up your Gypsy files. To back up the gypsy files you will simply need to create a file on your computer desktop. Once you have a file ready, connect your Gypsy to sync and allow Sync to pull up the screen which lists your projects. From there right click on your files one at a time and save them to your desktop file. Once they are all saved there you can also import them into your Cricut Craft Room Program. To do this you will start the Cricut Craft Room, then click on "My Projects". There will be an import option which will allow you to browse your computer for the file which you wish to import.
I hope that this helps!
-PCGena

Gena, thanks so much........but when we take the files from the gypsy to the desktop they come in at ZERO K; and, they won't open in CCR....... you have listed a procedure we are all familiar with. The problem isn't with the procedure but with the ZERO K files......
 1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
BJR Offline
#27 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 10:10:00 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
How about Design Studio? Can they be backed up there? I beleive it was on the desktop as mentioned and the zero file thing has been a problem for awhile. BJR.
CherylfromOz Offline
#28 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 1:01:52 PM(UTC)
CherylfromOz

Australia

Was thanked: 249 time(s) in 154 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PCGena Go to Quoted Post
I hope that this helps!
-PCGena

We were given this information awhile ago, it doesn't work for me nor a lot of others, so PC I am asking again when are we going to get this backup problem fixed
 1 user thanked CherylfromOz for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#29 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 2:05:38 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Even though my post on this thread was before Cricut Mallie was introduced, there is only so much she can do. She can pass the request on to the IT team {if she even goes directly to the departments and not through someone else at PC}, but she can't make this a priority for them. She can only let them know there are {multiple} requests to get this feature working.

Sorry, Scrapalette! I get a little behind and don't notice the dates people post, sometimes.

Hopefully, though, Cricut Mallie will be more pro-active in responding to people here on the MBs. If she passes a requst on to the IT teams, it would be nice to do the followup back here to the person asking for the request.....to let them know she has done so! It would also be nice to check back in UNTIL there is RESOLVE to the matter and/or to say a final "NO it can't be done"!(there are ways to handle this....I did it for years and was very good at keeping connections with people until their problems were resolved and prided myself on keeping them informed!) It's very sad that we're told time and time and time again there are people here helping and then they go away for weeks at a time! The way I took Nathan's introduction was that Cricut Mallie will be HERE!!!! That will be her job!

I know you're not arguing the fact the OP has a valid request and I'm not being confrontational; just stating what I understood of Nathan's announcement.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
letypedroza on 11/12/2012(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#30 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 2:06:42 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Sorry, Scrapalette! I get a little behind and don't notice the dates people post, sometimes.

Hopefully, though, Cricut Mallie will be more pro-active in responding to people here on the MBs. If she passes a requst on to the IT teams, it would be nice to do the followup back here to the person asking for the request.....to let them know she has done so! It would also be nice to check back in UNTIL there is RESOLVE to the matter and/or to say a final "NO it can't be done"!(there are ways to handle this....I did it for years and was very good at keeping connections with people until their problems were resolved and prided myself on keeping them informed!) It's very sad that we're told time and time and time again there are people here helping and then they go away for weeks at a time! The way I took Nathan's introduction was that Cricut Mallie will be HERE!!!! That will be her job!

I know you're not arguing the fact the OP has a valid request and I'm not being confrontational; just stating what I understood of Nathan's announcement.

Char