Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

marthastewart_1979eaa018c7 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 4:33:11 AM(UTC)
marthastewart_1979eaa018c7

Groups: Registered

I have cut designs out of vinyl, however when i remove the back it becomes a jumbled mess. I am assuming that i would need to use the transper tape, somehow i just cannot understand how to use the tape. any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 6:01:18 AM(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 12571 time(s) in 5048 post(s)
When you cut vinyl, you need to do it so that only the vinyl, not the paper backing is cut. Do this by setting your Cricut to speed 3, blade 3, pressure 3.

After you cut your shape, you need to "weed" off the negative space, leaving only the decorative cut on the backing paper. I use that dental hook thinging that came with the Cricut tool kit.

Then, cut a piece of transfer tape that is a bit bigger than your decorative cut. Peel off the paper side (gridded stuff), leaving a tacky/sticky paper. Place the sticky side down and smooth it over your decorative cut of vinyl (still on the paper backing at this point).

Next, flip the whole thing over and peel away the paper backing, leaving your decorative cut on the transfer paper.

Next, place the transfer paper (now with the vinyl cut on it) to the wall or object you are wanting to put the vinyl on. Use a squeegee (I use the one that came in my Cricut tool kit) or a credit card to smooth over the transfer paper to help the vinyl attach to the object.

Slowly peel away the transfer paper, leaving only the vinyl cut on the wall/object! If the vinyl doesn't want to stick, go over that area again with the squeegee to release it from the transfer paper and make it stick!

Watch these in order:
weeding vinyl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=...ture=channel&list=UL
using transfer tape http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=...y7VNWl5wk&playnext=1
applying vinyl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=...9a0TQGnCA&playnext=2

Edited by user Saturday, November 03, 2012 6:11:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com for this useful post.
WortWoman on 11/23/2012(UTC), EvyPixley on 12/19/2012(UTC), jeniseb677633aa7 on 7/29/2013(UTC)