Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Nat44_4c24ee2e6 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 11:42:03 AM(UTC)
Nat44_4c24ee2e6

Groups: Registered

Hello! I'm fairly new to the cricut family. I just purchased a expression 2 and my machine is just cutting the small details properly. For example, the giraffe in the create a critter cartridge. It cuts the basic shape but when it cuts the small Details in the tail it is just cutting the tail completely off. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have slowed down the speed and increased the pressure and nothing seems to work. I'm so disappointed. Any ideas on what the issue might be? Thanks!!
Bnthrdntht Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 7:42:44 PM(UTC)
Bnthrdntht

What size are you cutting the giraffe? It could be that the size you're trying to cut is too small... Have you tried to cut it bigger and is it still doing the same thing?
Nat44_4c24ee2e6 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 6:38:19 PM(UTC)
Nat44_4c24ee2e6

Thanks for responding! I'm cutting the giraffe at 3 1/4 and I have also tried it at bigger sizes and it does the same thing. I'm not sure what else to do. I've tried it at the maximum blade length and strongest pressure and still nothing. It's a brand new machine so not sure why I'm experiencing so many issues.
Bnthrdntht Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 10:01:57 AM(UTC)
Bnthrdntht

Hmmm... Have you done any cutting besides the giraffe? Is it doing the same thing when you try cutting something else?

Sorry I'm probably not a heck of a lot of help but I can always try to figure out with you :) It doesn't seem to be that the size is too small, what kind of cardstock are you using? Sometimes when I use thin paper it tears quite easily so I reduce my speed...