Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

fca196857a3029b Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 1:39:32 PM(UTC)
fca196857a3029b

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It's been since last Christmas since I used my Cricut mini. Blushing I have an Expression so I've been using that. I've just been using the cartridges so I haven't been in the Craft Room in just as long as using the Mini. First thing I notice is that it looks very different. No biggie, I can figure everything out. But, when I click on Mat size, it doesn't show the 8 1/2 x 12 mat for the Mini Cutter. I also can't find where I can choose what machine I'm using. The Mini is plugged into my laptop and on so it should be registering. I tried to update the craft room but it gets stuck while configuring. I can use my expression but I wanted to get back to using my Mini and the Craft Room with the holidays coming up. Any thoughts or help out there? Thanks in advance!
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 4:00:09 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8154 time(s) in 4778 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fca196857a3029b Go to Quoted Post
It's been since last Christmas since I used my Cricut mini. Blushing I have an Expression so I've been using that. I've just been using the cartridges so I haven't been in the Craft Room in just as long as using the Mini. First thing I notice is that it looks very different. No biggie, I can figure everything out. But, when I click on Mat size, it doesn't show the 8 1/2 x 12 mat for the Mini Cutter. I also can't find where I can choose what machine I'm using. The Mini is plugged into my laptop and on so it should be registering. I tried to update the craft room but it gets stuck while configuring. I can use my expression but I wanted to get back to using my Mini and the Craft Room with the holidays coming up. Any thoughts or help out there? Thanks in advance!

On the left menus, when you're in CCR, go to the MACHINE AND MAT tab to check off the machine you're wanting to use.

When you were using your MINI before, were you using the same computer? See if you're on BUILD 179 in CCR by clicking on the HELP menu in CCR and clicking on ABOUT CCR.

A lot of times a laptop doesn't have as much capacity as a desktop; so, if you did use another computer before, perhaps your laptop doesn't have as much capacity as it needs to run CCR efficiently.

I would suggest is you turn off your machine, unhook it from your laptop and start from scratch. I would clean out the browser (DELETE Browsing History, using Tools at the top when you're on your internet). REBOOT. After reboot, plug in your CRICUT and turn it on.

Go into CCR. Sometimes, even though it doesn't seem like something has updated, it might be fully updated anyway. Just see if it's still asking for the update. Maybe you need to update the drivers, first.....if that is needed. Go to one of the menus at the top left in CCR and see where you can install the drivers and see if they need to install.

See if your ADOBE AIR is up-to-date (go to Control Panel to ADD/REMOVE programs, even though you're not there to add/remove). See if you're on 3.4.0.2710.
fca196857a3029b Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 10:33:02 AM(UTC)
fca196857a3029b

Thank you for your help! I realized I was being a dummy head and going into Cricut Design Studio instead of the craft room. But, having said that (or admittedBlink that I should say!) I can't get into the craft room. I hit PC and it just brings me to the download. There's no other place to for me to click to go into it. I decided to uninstall and reinstall again. But now it's been initializing the craft room forreeevvveeerrrrr. This is the same laptop that I was using last year, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I did click to update my Adobe Air. Frustration is setting in.
 1 user thanked fca196857a3029b for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/4/2012(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 3:37:23 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8154 time(s) in 4778 post(s)
You weren't being a dummy at all!

I'm wondering if you don't already have it downloaded on your computer, but you're not going to the right place to get on the online version (the one we download to CUT). It sounds like you have used FAVORITES to click on CCR and that only brings you to the WEB version (that doesn't CUT and does not actually download to our computers). On the WEB version, you won't see a CUT button, so if you download that again, see if you see the CUT button.

Before you tried to install CCR, did you happen to see if it was already in your CONTROL PANEL? Go to Control Panel and click on add/remove programs. You're not going to add/remove unless you need to do so, but just see if CCR is there. While you're at it, make sure you have the latest version of ADOBE AIR, which goes along with CCR (Version 3.4.0.2710).

If you see them, see when you downloaded them in the first place (sometimes you can see the information there). If they were already downloaded, and you're not seeing the ICON on your desktop for CCR, then you might be trying to install over your previous installation.

Many times programs will allow the re-install, but perhaps the STALL on your computer is simply that......it knows it doesn't need to do anything because everything is already installed. It should tell you that; but, who knows?

DO YOU NOT SEE A CCR ICON ON YOUR DESKTOP? You can also go to SEARCH (down in your START area of your computer) and type in Cricut CraftRoom and search ALL files to see if it's already installed.

Let us know if you need further help. Someone might be able to offer something else.

Char

Edited by user Sunday, November 04, 2012 3:38:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cricut Dani Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 4:25:49 PM(UTC)
Cricut Dani

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fca196857a3029b Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for your help! I realized I was being a dummy head and going into Cricut Design Studio instead of the craft room. But, having said that (or admittedBlink that I should say!) I can't get into the craft room. I hit PC and it just brings me to the download. There's no other place to for me to click to go into it. I decided to uninstall and reinstall again. But now it's been initializing the craft room forreeevvveeerrrrr. This is the same laptop that I was using last year, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I did click to update my Adobe Air. Frustration is setting in.

Hello,

It does sound like your antivirus may be interfering with our program. We would like to recommend contacting your antivirus provider to make sure that our programs are added to the exception list including CCRBridge.exe, Cricut Sync, Cricut CraftRoom, as well as Adobe Air. We hope this information helps.

If after doing this troubleshooting process it does not fix your issue then would we would like to recommend that you call the number below where a representative will be happy to walk you through further troubleshooting.

1-877-727-4288 Monday-Friday: 7am-6pm MST

-Cricut Dani
fca196857a3029b Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 6:26:26 PM(UTC)
fca196857a3029b

Ok I uninstalled everything (craft room exe and Adobe Air) then tried to re-install the craft room. I clicked "allow" to let my computer make the necessary changes, but when I got to initializing craft room it stalled again. I checked my windows firewall and it is allowing cricut craft room program to run. I'll have to contact my Avast security provider and see what they can help me with. It's confusing for me because I used Avast last year as well and there were no problems. Of course, I could be looking in the wrong place or doing something wrong. If I have any further trouble I'll contact the number you provided for additional help.

Thank you!