Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

*Karel* Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 4:16:02 AM(UTC)
*Karel*

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Just wondered if any one else has this problem. I am trying to print & cut from the Snow Angel imagine cartridge, using directly in imagine. It will print but not cut. This used to work with no problems. My Imagine goes back to the menu screen after it has printed. I am having no problems with any other cartridge in the Imagine. I can use a regular cart with Snow Angel patterns and colours to print and cut.
I cannot use CCR as that will only print and not cut.( It did work for 3 cuts but has given up now.)

Hoping someone can Help.

Karel
janeshepherd Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 6:46:56 AM(UTC)
janeshepherd

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I was using CCR last night with the Snow Angel cart as well. I had chosen an image and choose a pattern paper from another cart to fill the image. Everything was working well then suddenly the same problem, my project would print but not cut.
Frustrated I tried to cut only one of the sheets I had previously printed. it would cut only, but of course the cut was off the prints.
I tried my snow angel cart in the imagine without any CCR and it worked fine.
Cricut Dani Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 10:09:08 AM(UTC)
Cricut Dani

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: *Karel* Go to Quoted Post
Just wondered if any one else has this problem. I am trying to print & cut from the Snow Angel imagine cartridge, using directly in imagine. It will print but not cut. This used to work with no problems. My Imagine goes back to the menu screen after it has printed. I am having no problems with any other cartridge in the Imagine. I can use a regular cart with Snow Angel patterns and colours to print and cut.
I cannot use CCR as that will only print and not cut.( It did work for 3 cuts but has given up now.)

Hoping someone can Help.

Karel

Hello Karel,

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Snow Angel cartridge. Have you updated your Imagine machine recently?

What version of the Cricut Craft Room are you currently using? You can find this under the Help link in the top left hand corner. Once you have selected Help you will select About from the bottom of the dropdown. If you are already at 179 and still experiencing issues,I would suggest trying the link below.

We apologize for the issues that you are experiencing with your Imagine and the Craft Room. We are working on the issue to have it resolved. Unfortunately we do not have an exact date of when it will be available. We would like to recommend installing the older version of the Craft Room on your computer. You can find it at the following link:

http://craftroom.cricut....cricut-craftroom_132.exe - PC download

http://craftroom.cricut....cricut-craftroom_133.dmg - MAC download

We appreciate your patience and hope this will help while we work on an update.

If you have any further questions please feel free to call the number below where one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist you or you are welcome to reply to this email.

Cricut Dani
*Karel* Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 3:42:20 PM(UTC)
*Karel*

Hi Cricut Dani

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to use snow angel cart directly with the imagine and it keeps re-setting to the menu screen. I have done a format and restore twice today, to no avail, so the imagine is up to date. I was able to use snow angel last year to make my cards with no problems. All other carts that I own are working.

I will try down-grading CCR to the earlier version, 132, and let you know what happens. Although I was never able to do anything but print and have the mat eject out from the front as if the cutting had finished. The Imagine then went to cut without the mat. I have CCR version 179 installed on my windows 7 64bit computer. I am also using Norton 360 version 5 as version 6 will not let me access CCR or Cricutsync.

Karel

Have just tried to install CCR 132 via your link and get this:

This application cannot be installed because this installer has been mis-configured. Please contact the application author for assistance.

Edited by user Sunday, November 04, 2012 3:49:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cricut Dani Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 4:46:01 PM(UTC)
Cricut Dani

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: *Karel* Go to Quoted Post
Hi Cricut Dani

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to use snow angel cart directly with the imagine and it keeps re-setting to the menu screen. I have done a format and restore twice today, to no avail, so the imagine is up to date. I was able to use snow angel last year to make my cards with no problems. All other carts that I own are working.

I will try down-grading CCR to the earlier version, 132, and let you know what happens. Although I was never able to do anything but print and have the mat eject out from the front as if the cutting had finished. The Imagine then went to cut without the mat. I have CCR version 179 installed on my windows 7 64bit computer. I am also using Norton 360 version 5 as version 6 will not let me access CCR or Cricutsync.

Karel

Have just tried to install CCR 132 via your link and get this:

This application cannot be installed because this installer has been mis-configured. Please contact the application author for assistance.

Hi Karel,

Try uninstalling build 179 from your computer and then reinstalling with the link provided above. What type of internet connection do you have?

-Cricut Dani
Toya Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 6:37:32 AM(UTC)
Toya

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Good Morning...
I used my Imagine fine on Saturday with my Baby Boutique cart just fine. I tried to use the same cart this morning and my cuts are off!!! Please help. It says that my imagine is up to date.
*Karel* Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 4:42:40 AM(UTC)
*Karel*

Originally Posted by: Cricut Dani Go to Quoted Post
Hi Karel,

Try uninstalling build 179 from your computer and then reinstalling with the link provided above. What type of internet connection do you have?

-Cricut Dani

I did this and it still won't cut, only print. I then let it update to 179 and nothing has changed.

I have a super fast fibre optic broadband with downloads at 50mb and upload at 15mb, so nothing to do with this. It is as if it is timing out when it should cut. I, deleted my anti virus and this made no difference so reinstalled it.

I am still not able to get Snow Angel to work in my Imagine as a stand alone. Any Ideas? This used to work!

Karel

Ang Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 12:38:37 AM(UTC)
Ang

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Hi Karel,
At the top of the Cricut chat page there is an announcement by Nathen about the forum being off line for a few hours for maintanance. But another thing he says there is that there is a new person from Cricut who will help people (sorry cannt remember her name), but it may be worth dropping her a line - see how good she is!!
karenwalls Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:11:42 PM(UTC)
karenwalls

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
mmm mine did this today on the yummy cartridge... so i wonder whats going on...
kaz-za
karenwalls Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:59:52 PM(UTC)
karenwalls

ok... ok... i have been back on machine and cut 5 projects... with a brand new mat.. and not one bit of hassel... i am wondering if the imagine is gettin half way threw cut.. and not recoginising the mat.. so its over riding itself and shuttin down as it doenst know what to do next as it can not recognise mat.. can you all try new mats in your machine.. and see if this happens again... or if everything is fine...???
kaz_za
jcg Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:00:02 PM(UTC)
jcg

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I don't know if this will help, in the forum a couple days ago someone had similar issue.
And when they used new mat which PC CS asked if they could buy one. After they tried all the other options and thought new mat
was an odd request. They tried it to say they did all the options offered and it worked. I couldn't find a bookmark for it sorry.
So I'm wondering if there is a bad batch of mats out there, black lines wrong somehow that aren't registering.
I haven't had this issue yet but now that I've mentioned it I probably will.
So see if you have another pack of mats(hopefully purchased at a different time), I've seen mats where adhesive is bumpy or
green background is lighter, so they have many version out there.
Good luck.
jcg Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:46:48 PM(UTC)
jcg

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Found it

https://www.cricut.com/f...It-s-a-sad--sad-day.aspx

one of her posts below:

Update~The customer service person that emailed me the bad link stopped replying to my emails. Left me high and dry with no link at all. I was so disappointed, I usually get really go cs when I call. So I felt that I had to tackle the whole thing again.

So....
after hours and hours, even days of experimenting and trying to get my I to cut again, it is finally working. I ran the restore two more times until it made it through the process without getting stuck. It still wasn't cutting so I tried cutting again with CCR and it didn't work but then I thought I would try using my Gypsy and it actually CUT!

I thought it was strange and realized that if it could cut with the gypsy it HAD to be able to cut alone, so I again called PC and talked with a new person that kept urging me to buy new mats even after I told her that I had good, clean mats and then she suggested that I take my machine and use another computer to run the restore on it. I didn't want to do that so I thought I would "appease" her by going and buying new mats just to be able to say I tried it and it didn't work. But guess what???? So far, it is cutting in CCR, alone and with my Gypsy. She said that she thought the machine was having a hard time recognizing the mat so I needed to try a new one. Thanks you Kaila Christenson!!!! I have hope.

On a side note: she did say that since my machine was out of warranty that I would be out of luck when it did quit working but that she would continue to "research" to help me to get it to cut if her suggestions did not work.

All of this to say that for some weird reason perseverance and a new mat seems to have solved my problem. I have only made about 10 cuts on it so who knows, it could quit tomorrow but for now, yay!!!!!

Blessings,
Jana
K.Dee :o) Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:31:31 PM(UTC)
K.Dee :o)

Canada

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Just checking to make sure I understand this correctly.... the Imagine uses different mats than those used for the Expression?????

I've not had time to plug in my Imagine, let alone get it all updated online and such... but I have been reading the forums for helpful information and to get myself prepared for the worst - so to speak ;o)

With all this talk of buying new mats in order to make the Imagine work again, I just have to ask if there are different mats for the different machines? I always thought the mats were interchangeable.

Please advise so I have the correct information! Thanks!

~K
karenwalls Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 7:04:58 AM(UTC)
karenwalls

K... the imagines mats have a black line round.. this is how it knows where to cut.. so when it can not read the lines to plot what it is to do.. it will not cut... most the mats are now being made with the black lines round them in the 12 by 12 size ... the expression does not need the black lines round the mat...
oooww and get your imagine out.. they are loads of fun.. esp if you get them working the way mine is at the min... i love using my imagine.. and i am thinkin about buying a reconditioned one.. just in case... i would be gutted if it broke on me...
kaz_za