Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SarahSchmidt Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 10:47:15 PM(UTC)
SarahSchmidt

Groups: Registered

Are any of you having trouble getting your cricut to cut welded words correctly from the Gypsy? I have been having this trouble for a while and would like to get it fixed.

The words are shaped wrong when cut.

It does cut the single letter correctly when not welded.

Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks,
Sarah
gm5casey593656ad Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:10:43 AM(UTC)
gm5casey593656ad

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
The same thing happened to me the other day but it was not welded letters it was shapes.I was using shapes from the George cart to construct a snow globe. I didnt have any snowglobes on any carts so I was building one from shapes. I created a shaped card from these shapes and that image had a lot of welding. It cut perfect, but when I deconstucted it to make a layer for the top of the card, the welded image cut all wonky. So instead of the welded image I just cut a rectangle for the layer. Still looked good on the card. I went into denial that something is wrong with the gypsy and choose to believe it is some sort of glitch with the George cart. That does not bother me as I don't use it much, and all cuts on G have been perfect since. I would hate to do a bunch of stuff to the G incase the process ruins her further. What cart were you using for these words? and have you tried words from a different cart with same results? I still would be interested to here other's replys as well, but that is my experience with welded images cutting badly. HTH
TammyPuckett Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 10:48:14 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 195 post(s)
Are you going to the Advanced tab & welding them together & then previewing it to make sure they are welded?
SarahSchmidt Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 7:54:35 PM(UTC)
SarahSchmidt

Yes I am previewing before I cut and it shows it correctly.

I was using the Mickey Font.

Sarah
Hugabug Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 11:37:44 PM(UTC)
Hugabug

Was thanked: 542 time(s) in 238 post(s)
This is also happening to me. It started after the last update.
I found that if I have a image that is welded to another image it must be on the gypsy mat alone.
If I have anything besides that welded image on the mat, the welded image cuts wackadoodle but not the singular image. If I advance to preview to check the weld it looks perfect. Needless to say I have multiple pages when it could be done in 1 or 2 pages) due to this problem. My gypsy apparently doesn't play nice with others! Hmmmmm...kind-of like PC!LOL
 2 users thanked Hugabug for this useful post.
Kateroo on 6/26/2013(UTC), krafty kate on 7/29/2013(UTC)
Kateroo Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 11:24:33 AM(UTC)
Kateroo

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Thank you, Hugabug!! I have wasted so much paper this afternoon trying to cut a simple welded image - and all I got was wackadoodle cuts!! I tried your trick and it worked like a charm. My Gypsy and I are back on speaking terms again. BigGrin
SuzieQue Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:38:44 AM(UTC)
SuzieQue

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I find I need to enlarge my welds to double check they are really welded. Sometimes they look together but they are so small it is hard to be sure. Also, that deal with doing only one welded design at a time ... I have found sometime when switching from one area a second I forget to double check the weld by enlarging it. I'm not sure I explained it right but I can usually get more than one designed welded on a sheet of paper by double checking before I cut. It also helps to drop some of the extra lines yourself before you weld it.