Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<1314151617>»
lv2scrap02 Offline
#421 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 8:56:27 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1281 time(s) in 996 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Flo Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone I'm from New Zealand so we are having some nice sunny days as we are coming into summer. Had a head injury last week so have been off work and had more time to do my videos. I am doing videos on the cricuts to go with books that are out. if you are interested in the cricut ebooks they are on my flos-a-scrapin blog.

Welcome Flo from New Zealand nice to meet you..BigGrin
lv2scrap02 Offline
#422 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 9:01:30 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Beautiful weather here today a little chilly but sunny out.

Finally got our tree hoping to start decorating it on Sunday after our Chrismtas Party.

I went to a local store this morning and asked where all the decorations went?? she said some people complained about them they had both religons on desplay and people complained so they took them all down and then the next day the owner of the store put them back up.

Debbie... so exciting looking for gowns... so much fun. I think my daughter Patty tried on 20 or 25 gowns then i saw a gorgeous gown nothing she would have imagine trying on she put it on and wouldn't take it off Sold.. LOL

Anyone else watch "X-Factor" ??

Sonya.. your gown sounds beautiful... did you have it preserved??

PedalPower Offline
#423 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 1:05:01 PM(UTC)
PedalPower

Was thanked: 1571 time(s) in 934 post(s)
Yes, it's in a big box in our closet. It's gorgeous and what put me over the edge of a fitting dress was I figured it would be the thinnest I'd ever be. And yes, that was true! LOL

I'm making cards and scrapping between loads of laundry. I got a page done from our Europe trip. Seems like so long ago.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#424 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 5:13:32 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1448 time(s) in 1154 post(s)
Debbie, isn't it fun to dress shop!!??!!! They just look so special. Both dresses are hanging in Megan's closet, waiting for the big day.

Maybe I have the wrong attitude, but if someone owns a store, it is their right to decorate the way they want to decorate. I love going in to Hobby Lobby because I can usually sing along with the music that is playing!

Choir practice this morning (musical is tomorrow) then I went shopping with Megan. Didn't get much. A skirt for Kate (she is paying for it - this way she will stop borrowing mine) a dress at Old Navy but if I decide I don't want it I will give it to Kate as it was only $7, and dog food. Exciting shopping.

Megan got both dogs a Christmas collar at Old Navy. They are dressed and ready to go. Tomorrow is Jeffie's first birthday.

I am ready for bed and it is only 5:12. I woke up about 4 a.m. and could not go back to sleep. Finally got up about 5:30. So, I am tired tonight.

DH is not feeling well. I am so glad that tomorrow is the last day for the awful antibiotics that he is taking.

SandraB. Offline
#425 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 9:59:08 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 229 post(s)
Hi everyone;
Just got back from hockey. It has been a long day...got a call from mom this a.m. that she needed to go to a medi clinic. She twisted her knee somehow last w/end and it hasn't been getting better, worse in fact she says. So after we took my van back to the dealership and got a courtesy car I headed into her place. Went to the medi clinic, then she had to go for x-rays, then get a presc., then to Safeway and then she wanted to get something to eat. I got back just in time to pick up the boys for the game. I had sprayed my oven last nite with the thought of cleaning it out this a.m., LOL , guess what I'll be doing tomorrow morning?

Joy: I agree, a storeowner should be able to decorate her store the way she likes. If the customer doesn't like it, they can always go elsewhere...just my opinion. Hope dh is feeling better soon

Debbie: glad your dd had some luck finding a dress/dresses as well as a venue.

Sonja: sounds like you've had a fun day crafting

Nancy: hope you get your tree decorated tomorrow

I did get the waterbottles done last nite. I'm attaching a photo of them and some of my cards I made. Now I don't think I'll be mailing any...it's getting too late.

Take care everyoneBigGrin

File Attachment(s):
waterbottle.jpg (1,476kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
Christmas Cards.jpg (1,558kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
DebbieScraps Offline
#426 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 1:08:32 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
I am puppy sitting BigGrin DD and DS have gone to DD's future in-laws to drop off christmas presents. They live in the country so it is quite a trip, three hours at least there and back. My back is giving me a lot of problems at the moment so I just did not feel like a long car trip, was glad that DS said he would go with his sister. Romulus has dog training beforehand, he is doing very well, he loves his food so responds well knowning that he will get lots of treats if he does as he should LOL at least it has tired him out and he is not giving Jet too much of a hard time. I spoke to the dog trainer about Jet not being happy having Romulus around and she said that Romulus has to learn to respect Jet and should treat him like an old man and it was not up to Jet to accept Romulus but Romulus to respect Jet. Intersting, glad that DD got to hear that as she kept saying that Jet needed to sort himself out and get use to RomulusLOL LOL LOL

Every time I speak to DD she has changed her mind about which dress she thinks she likes the most! I will be interested to see which one she will end up with! The second bridal shop we went into had lots for future brides trying on dresses and there was one young girl who came out wearing such a pretty dress, she really looked lovely. I told her so and she turned to me and said "please tell me honestly, this lot (pointing to who I presume were her Mom and two other older ladies) keep telling me everything looks lovely! I told her honestly that I thought the dress was perfect for her and she ended up getting it. Her Mom came up afterwards and thanked me and I told her how I thought my DD looked lovely in all the dresses she was trying on too LOL I did tell DD which one I liked best and it was the same one that she liked the in that shop too. another future bride saw DD in the dress and fell in love with it and she asked if she could please try it on after DD was finished and DD did not want to take it off LOL, these are all sample dresses and then they make them up for you to your measurements. It apparently takes them six months to make a wedding dress. DD was on a real high yesterday over it all Love
lv2scrap02 Offline
#427 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 8:03:36 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: SandraB. Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone;
Just got back from hockey. It has been a long day...got a call from mom this a.m. that she needed to go to a medi clinic. She twisted her knee somehow last w/end and it hasn't been getting better, worse in fact she says. So after we took my van back to the dealership and got a courtesy car I headed into her place. Went to the medi clinic, then she had to go for x-rays, then get a presc., then to Safeway and then she wanted to get something to eat. I got back just in time to pick up the boys for the game. I had sprayed my oven last nite with the thought of cleaning it out this a.m., LOL , guess what I'll be doing tomorrow morning?

Joy: I agree, a storeowner should be able to decorate her store the way she likes. If the customer doesn't like it, they can always go elsewhere...just my opinion. Hope dh is feeling better soon

Debbie: glad your dd had some luck finding a dress/dresses as well as a venue.

Sonja: sounds like you've had a fun day crafting

Nancy: hope you get your tree decorated tomorrow

I did get the waterbottles done last nite. I'm attaching a photo of them and some of my cards I made. Now I don't think I'll be mailing any...it's getting too late.

Sandra.. the cards are beautiful I love them. Did you use a Cricut Cartridge on them??

Very pretty and thanks for sharingBigGrin
lv2scrap02 Offline
#428 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 8:25:28 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Debbie... I am sure the other Bride To Be was grateful for your opinion on the gown. So hard to make a decision on gowns because they are all so beautiful.

I think the more gowns they try on the harder it is.

I remember when I tried on my first gown I fell in love with it and that is whate a chose.

Then when I married Steve I had a light Lilac gown that I fell in love with, I still have it
I could never fit into it now I was really skinny then.

I keep telling Steve since I married him I have gained weight. It is because I am content and happy LOL

We went to the Christmas party open house yesterday it was very nice the food was good and the company. One gal had just gotten married, her new DH works for Cannon he is a VP he presented her with a 10 Karat (sp) diamond ring. Holy Cow!!! gorgeous...

Anyway back to reality....

Today is our Christmas luncheon usually it is snowing or lousy weather right now it is cloudy and chance of showers at least it isn't snowing.

Well have a great day everyone/night

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEBBIE
NJsharon Offline
#429 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 9:21:47 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 404 time(s) in 243 post(s)
Hello all, had fun scrapbooking yesterday at a store in a mall. It is called Scrap that & was lots of fun. As it was in a mall I also did a little shopping for the girls & myself too.

Got a lot accomplished, including the Grinch pills. Just need to wait for my green tic tacs. I searched in about 7 or 8 stores for green tic tacs (apple flavor) & couldn't find them. So had to order them online & they won't be delivered until tuesday. But they are all ready to just stick the tic tac box in, tie it up & ready to go!

Today I am making potato latkes with the girls. Hope we have enough potatoes or we will go buy some more from the store, so we can make a bunch. Paul likes them, so will make extras.

Paul is going to see The Hobbit movie right now, fun for him. He looked after the girls all day yesterday, so deserves a break!

Still so sad about the shootings in CT. So many tiny kiddies. So sad. :(
NJsharon Offline
#430 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 9:22:51 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Happy Birthday Debbie too!!!
DebbieScraps Offline
#431 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 6:51:10 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Thanks for the birthday wishes, my birthday is actually tomorrow BigGrin It is just going to be an ordinary day tomorrow though, we celebrated my birthday in September BigGrin as being so close to Christmas it all gets a bit much.

Really busy day today, I'm tired, will type up more tomorrow. Have a great day everyone.
Shelly Offline
#432 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 10:21:54 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Hi everyone! Got back yesterday from my cruise and trip to DisneyWorld with some of your family. It was so much fun. My oldest daughter probably didn't have as much fun, she got a cold on the cruise about the 2nd day and was pretty miserable the whole trip. I felt so bad for her as she was so looking forward to this trip and getting away from her job for a while. She is an RN and has been really stressed at work lately. But it was really nice for the rest of us. Came back to snow! Also going to have a big storm tonight.

I have a lot of catching up to do with reading this thread, but I still have way to much Christmas shopping to do, so it will have to wait. I did not have much done at all before we left and now I'm panicking. Oh well, it will all work out. Will try and get caught up as soon as I can.

My daughters loved the envelope albums I made for them for the trip. They turned out so cute. Now I wish I would have made one for me. I had made only one for my oldest daughter, and gave it to her the day before we left. She loved it so much she wanted to do one for her sister too. I told her she was nuts, we didn't have time. Well, I finished packing and getting ready to go and we hurried over to Micheals and bought a bunch more stickers and supplies and we stayed up all night and made hers so we could give it to her when we met her at the ship. Luckily it was a long flight, so did get some sleep on the plane, although not very good. Can't get comfortable on planes.

Have a great day everyone!
Shelly Offline
#433 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 10:23:44 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEBBIE!!!
JeanneLee Offline
#434 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 2:13:26 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Debbie, its your Birthday!?
Happy Birthday, dear-friend-from-down-under!!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#435 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 3:28:50 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi.

Debbie, I wondered why I saw birthday party pictures on facebook months ago! Now I know. Laugh Happy Birthday, tomorrow.

Shelly, glad you had a nice cruise. If it is possible, I would love to see pictures of the books you made for the trip!

Nancy, I would NEVER be able to fit into my wedding dress. I was down right skinny when we got married. Not any more. Flapper

Sharon, I found the tic-tacs at K-Mart. I saw them when I was standing in line, so decided to make the project.

Sandra, I hope this is the last time you have to take your van to the shop! The car Jill is driving right now has air noise and it is driving her nuts. Did you know that part of her job is driving a new car all the time? She has one for two to three weeks before they swap to another one. She said the vehicle she is driving home for Christmas has about 500 miles on it. Some days she will have a $15,000 car, and the next week she might have a $90,000 car. This includes fuel for local driving. Quite a job benefit!

I bought more yarn today. I am saying that very quietly. Cuz I needed more yarn like one would need more scrapbook paper. It is for gifts, though, not for me. And only a little bit is for Christmas! The rest I should really have done by January 4, but that won't happen.
SandraB. Offline
#436 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 7:42:26 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 229 post(s)
Hi everyone;
Well, it has started snowing here again and is turning cold...supposed to be -30C by Christmas EveCursing!

Sharon: I couldn't find any green tic tacs either yesterday, so just bought a pack of white ones to give the pattern a try. It is so cute and now I got it all resized to fit and enough printed for 9 packs. Today after having coffee with my friends went to the Buck or Two and found 4 pcks of green tic tacs. Then headed to Superstore, no green so just got white ones. They'll have to do, no way I could order them now, if they would even ship them to Canada. Glad your crop went well

Nancy: glad you liked my cards. I did use the Cricut for a couple of them...some of the digital cards they had out earlier, might even of been the free ones

Joy: I get my van back tomorrow, the glass shop wanted to keep it over night. I hope it's home for good nowLOL!

Debbie: Happy Birthday, hope the dog sitting went well

Shelley: can't believe you are back from your cruise already...boy time flies. Glad you had a good time. Look forward to seeing the books you made

Better run and get working on the kids cards. Have all the Grinch pieces printed, I'm going to cut them out while watching the Voice tonite.

NJsharon Offline
#437 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 7:51:09 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Yeah I ended up ordering green tic tacs on amazon, as they had prime (which we have), so free 2 day shipping. They will get here tomorrow, so will take it in on wednesday.

Back to school today, was sad seeing the little kindergarten kiddies come in, knowing little ones that age were just shot dead a few days ago. Just how can someone do that?

Oh & got a call from the vice-principal at my girls' school saying both girls were fine, but could I call her about an incident that happened today. Called her back in my lunch hour & apparently a little girl told my daughter Elise, that she was going to kill Elise & then kill herself! They took it really seriously, took both girls to the guidance counselor separately to find out what happened & why. Spoke to Elise & told her she was safe & nothing would happen at school. I told the vice-principal I appreciated them taking it so seriously, for talking to Elise & letting me know.

Now Elise is saying she has a stomach ache & sore throat & doesn't want to go into school tomorrow. I hope it is not because of what happened today?! I will take her temp when I go to bed & told Paul to do that again tomorrow. But even if she doesn't have a temp, if she feels really sick she can stay home for a day. It's the last week before Christmas so they won't be doing a lot anyway.

AlyaMama Offline
#438 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 6:31:42 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Happy Birthday Debbie!

Larmabee Offline
#439 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 6:36:30 AM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Good morning everyone - made it on again today!
I am enjoying all the wedding dress talk. I bought my wedding dress 18 years ago, in preparation for a wedding that hasn't occurred yet! DH's ex is a bit of a loose cannon and will not allow their divorce to go through. Over the years there have been many not so nice words I have used to describe her!. Anyways, now the dress is way too big! I have lost about 15 pounds since then, and that is a huge difference in a wedding dress!
DH has a surplus of green tic-tacs at the store. I may have to go raid his stock pile!
Sharon Wow! Funny the ideas that go through kids minds. kind of scary too.
Sandra Fingers crossed for your van!
Debbie Happy birthday! It makes sense to celebrate earlier in the year.
Joy enjoy your yarn!
Shelly Welcome home!
Hi to everyone!
Take care
Laura

AlyaMama Offline
#440 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 6:38:47 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Hello everyone- You all are so busy!

Nancy I wish my mom would have taught me how to sew or crochet, I guess neither of us had the patience.

Joy it's ok to buy more yarn we all get it. There are worse habits you could have.

Sharon that's kind of scary about the classmate, good they are taking it seriously.

Sandra you have some cold weather. It's been pretty nice here for a change.

Today my friend had a holiday brunch, the food was so yummy I could have eaten for days there. I made some gingerbread houses out of paper using the sweet tooth boxes cartridge. They turned out so cute. Then I made some homemade hot cocoa mix and put that inside. I was quite proud of myself.

I'm typing with Layla on my lap, it's not easy.

Better go I think she stinks.

DebbieScraps Offline
#441 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 6:42:22 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, it has been a strange day, started off very ordinary with work all day and then had a very nice dinner with DD and DS. We took Romulus for a walk, he has got use to his lead very quickly and we looked at the houses that were decorated with lights, very pretty.

DD has made her final decision about her wedding dress, went for the more expensive one in the end but I think she made the right decision, it is a beautiful dress.

Joy the little whisper about the yarn made me laugh LOL

Shelly pleased to hear that you enjoyed your cruise

Sharon, it is sad what kids will say and do to other kids!

I think white tic tacs will work just as well as the green ones.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#442 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 6:56:32 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

OK I hope I get it right this time

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEBBIE today is the 18th

Hope your day was a good one

lv2scrap02 Offline
#443 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:00:09 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Too funny Joy about the yarn I guess it is just like buying cardstock you can never have too much LOL

Our Christmas Luncheon was a success in the end I had 22 people the food was good and everyone wants to go back again. You always worry that maybe that day the chef is having a good day..

Turned out well

Debbie glad DD made her decision one less thing to worry aboutBigGrin

Have fun with the grinch pills looks like a fun little gift

Well my little Abigail is waiting for her bottle then off for a nap

Have a good oneBigGrin

Edited by user Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:01:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

joyfullycrafting Offline
#444 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 10:45:31 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Debbie!!!!! So glad your DD got a decision made on a dress.

Laura, thanks for whispering about the yarn! LOL

Sharon, that is a hard situation with your daughter. Do you have any idea what the other girl's parents had to say?

When my girls were about middlel school age, a note was found with a "hit list" on a certain day. I knew about it ahead of time, and went ahead and sent my girls to school. BUT, many many parents found out about it and either did not send their kids or else pulled them out. My girls didn't do much that day. I remember in one class one of them made cookies, and in another, the teacher was their youth group leader, and she was the only one in the class, so he let her pick music to listen to, which happeened to be Christian rock. That would not have happened it it had not been her.

Angie, it sounds like your paper crafting is really catching on for you!!! YAY!

Dr appt for DH this afternoon. I think last week with him on those awful meds was one of the longest ever. It was a pretty terrible week.
Shelly Offline
#445 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:15:09 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

I will get pics of my envelope album up as soon as I can find the adapter card for the sim card in my phone. I have misplaced it right now, but maybe DH has it or knows where it is. Ther are lot of them, but I think they turned out cute.

Got 95% of my Christmas shopping done yesterdayBigGrin I could not get my kids to tell me beforehand what they wanted. I finally got a few ideas from some and told the rest that I was out shopping and if they wanted something for Christmas, they better tell me now or risk getting nothing or something they wouldn't want, since I would just choose something. Funny how that got a bunch of ideas out of them. Now to get wrapping. I hate wrapping.

Never got my Christmas cards made this year. So I guess I will just buy some this year, since I need to get them mailed today.

Have a good day!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#446 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:29:01 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Originally Posted by: Shelly Go to Quoted Post
Now to get wrapping. I hate wrapping.

I would love to come and wrap your gifts! BigGrin I love wrapping presents.

Did I ever tell you our oldest DD went to college in Ogden? She went through their automotive program. Our vehicles made LOTS of trips to Utah. It is about six hours from us to Ogden.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#447 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:56:41 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

For some reason, DH decided that now is the time to get a new freezer! I am not sure why.

We have looked at freezers for maybe 10 years. Ours is overe 40 years old and a power hog. We bought it from his grandmother when his grandfather passed away and his grandma moved into a nursing home. Way before we were married!

It will be SO NICE to have a frost-free freezer!!!!
JeanneLee Offline
#448 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 5:09:06 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Sharon, sorry to hear about the incident with Elise. Hope all works out and that she will be okay with a good nights rest. Must be very scary for kids to go to school this week.
NJsharon Offline
#449 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 5:16:02 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Well my student was out again today! She was out thurs & fri & now yesterday & today. I hope she is back tomorrow.

I was in with the class I find tougher today. But actually wasn't as bad, almost enjoyable. Maybe I am just getting used to it after being in there so much?! One of the autistic students was pretty funny, trying to give me hugs & kisses today. It was cute & we were all laughing.

But I do still miss the kindergarten kiddos, so hopefully I am back with them tomorrow.

Made my grinch pills, which came out pretty cute! Can't wait to put them in the teachers box tomorrow & see what her reaction is. She is also a Kindergarten teacher & in the room next to us, so I am sure she will come in to show us, so will be great to see her reaction & not knowing who did it. LOL

I am having an ugly sweater competition & get together on thursday evening at my house. I thought it was a fun idea, but only have 2 people coming so far! I am hoping they show up as it will be weird if it is just one person here with me! But it should be fun, even if it is just us 3... but still holding out hope that a couple more will make it!

NJsharon Offline
#450 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 5:17:11 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Oh & Elise did stay home sick today. I thought it may just be that she was afraid to go in, after what was said to her yesterday. But she was acting sick & took her temp & it was 99.7, so think she really was sick.