Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<3940414243>»
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1201 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 7:04:58 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1282 time(s) in 997 post(s)
Laura.. glad you enjoyed your day off and was able to go back to sleep..

My heart goes out to the families who lost loved ones in Boston and Texas

Sharon.. glad you are enjoying your job sounds like a fun night and a fun weekend

Sandra... you had a busy week I hope you get a chance to relax this weekend

chiropractor this morning then out to breakfast had something special took most of it home

Blueberry, banana walnut pancakes hmmmmmmmmm good I have enough for 2 more days they make the pancakes so hugh!

need to do some chores then make my granddaughter a birthday card.. i am thinking about Piglet since she loves that.

Have a great day/evening
Shelly Offline
#1202 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:12:30 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 306 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hi everyone.

Rainy/cold day here, but that's better than the snow we had earlier this week. Not good for the big marathon that's going on now. Boy, they have been talking all week about the beefing up of the security they are doing for this. Sad that the world has gotten this way!

I made my daughter a mini album/journal for her to have for her pregnancy. I already made my other daughter one with her first baby and she didn't do anything with it. In fact she lost it. Anyway, I hope she will like it. It didn't turn out like the fancy mini albums I see on YouTube. I guess I'm just not that creative.

Sandra - Hope you are having a good weekend at the tournament. Glad your mom is doing better.

Sharon - Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned! Glad you are liking your new job!!

Laura - Helpful husbands! Glad you could get back to sleep!

Nancy - Isn't that how it always goes? No company, and then tons. Feast or famine we say at my house for those kinds of things. Would be nice if things could be spread out on a more consistent basis. Hope you get your card made. Post a picture please.

Going to cut out some flowers and stuff to decorate the door for our cruise. First time I did it was on a cruise with just my daughter and there was a contest (which we got a prize for our floor). We liked it because we could find our cabin easier, so the next time I went with DH I took some stuff, but didn't think he would like it. I told him about it and he said to do it. Now he asks me every time what I have. He likes being able to see the cabin easier. So I guess I'll be forced to spend some time crafting todayLOL

Take care everyone!
Godot's Girl Offline
#1203 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 5:44:57 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2885 time(s) in 1730 post(s)
I am just going to jump in with both feet. I have chatted with some of you in the past, and will try to keep up with what is going on from this point. Hope it is OK just to start....everyone has to somewhere right?

I am waiting for the Dutch Apple Pie I put in the oven to be done, and then set up enough to eat! I have at least another 30 minutes for that. I cannot wait to put some French Vanilla ice cream on top and dig in. My hubby and 3 boys are anxious as well. We usually do not eat so late....kitchen here closes down at 7pm so we can all keep our weight under control, but we are making an exception tonight. My youngest got a hankering a couple hours ago, so whipped one up as quick as I could! I will eat a bite for each of you...lol!

We hit the ground on our knees when we found out what was happening in Boston, and are so glad for answered prayers.

Looking forward to chatting with all of you. Blessings, GG.

Edited by user Saturday, April 20, 2013 5:46:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

catrin03 Offline
#1204 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:20:11 PM(UTC)
catrin03

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
evening ladies:

So tired tonight. I spent the day working on some greeting cards of various kinds for a donation for our volunteers. Made one to send or give for a wedding, one to send or give with a gift with a stork and bundle on it, and the third one I worked on today was a invitation to lunch. made about 12 to 16 of each... My share will be about 80 cards and one of the other girls will do the other 80. There are about 40 volunteers and we give out 4 cards each. Hope to finish up tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good night.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1205 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 6:42:59 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning everyone

Catrin... my you have been busy are they cricut cards or stamped... please share it is always nice to see other crafters cards and layouts

Welcome Godots nice to see you please come back anytime to chat we welcome everyone
hmmmmm that Dutch Apple Pie sounds so delish... hope you enjoyed it

SHELLY.. what a great idea decorating the ship's door fun idea

Well we are off to our first Koi meeting the Pres. of the club is opening his house for a meeting and they will be selling quality Koi.

Our little Koi babies were put into our smaller pond on Friday I think it is still too cold but DH said no... I hope they will be ok

Well running late

Have a great day all

Edited by user Sunday, April 21, 2013 7:36:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandraB. Offline
#1206 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 7:20:36 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 275 time(s) in 234 post(s)
Hi everyone;
Well we made it back safe and sound from the tournament. Troy won a silver medal in his division for his individual score and his team won a gold in their division for their team scores. What a great birthday present for him...he turned 33 today! Now they wait to see if they move on to Nationals next year. I sure hope this week is slower than last, can't do many more weeks like that. Hockey is done for the season now and only 1 more bowling nite left. Now maybe I can get some crafting done.

Godots: hello and welcome from Canada. Your Apple pie sounds like it was great

Nancy: hope your Koi meeting went well and your baby Kois are surviving ok.

Catrin: wow! you sure have been busy making cards.

Sharon: glad your new job is going well

Laura: glad you enjoyed your day off. My dh has done that to me a few times also

Shelly: hope you got all your door decorations done

JeanneLee: hope your ds football is going well

Well, better run got a few more loads of laundry to take care of yet tonite. We just took Troy back to his house. He's pretty tired so I think he will sleep well tonite.
Take care everyone, hope you have a good week.
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 4/22/2013(UTC)
NJsharon Offline
#1207 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 5:16:18 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 406 time(s) in 245 post(s)
I had a great time at the crop on saturday & got a lot done! Here is a sampling of a couple of projects I made using the new Dream Pop paper pack (you can order that in May through me).

I love the bright colored cards!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1208 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 7:34:54 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Sharon nice layouts and cards.

Sandy Congrats on Troy getting a silver medal

Well we are now the proud owners of 2 Koi from Japan... now Steve wants to get rid of some of our older Koi because we now have 22 Koi which is way too much for our pond. But buying these 2 Koi from Japan you can see the difference in the coloring with them then the domestic Koi.

One of the Koi we bought goes for 6000.00 in Japan of course we didn't pay nearly that much. We got a great deal.

So they are swimming around in the pond. Too funny our baby Koi Steve put in the small pond they jumped over the water wheel and went into the big pond. Amazing how high they can jump LOL

Abigail is teething she has so many teeth now and the molers are coming in..

Well hoping everyone has a good day/night
Shelly Offline
#1209 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 10:13:25 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Good morning (its still morning here, anyway)

Sandra - Congratulations to Troy and his team on their wins!! Hope your life slows down and you can get some crafting done.

Sharon - Such pretty, bright colors. Love them. Your cards and layouts are really great.

Nancy - Poor Abigail. That teething is so miserable for them. Your new Koi sound like fun!

Godots - Mmm your pie sounds yummy!

Have a great day everyone!!
JeanneLee Offline
#1210 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 12:00:22 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Doing laundry and thought I would try and catch up with you all.

Sandra, Congrats to Troy and his team for doing so well at the tournament!

Sharon, looks like some fun projects you finished. Very colorful cards.

Nancy...a Koi costs $6,000 dollars in Japan! WOW!
That is a lot of money...I would rather spend on crafts! LOL

Cool here today(60*F)...have our churches annual Bible Study Sun-Weds evening this week.
So not mych playing with the Cricut...its going to collect dust soon. Want to be sure that the Gypsy and CCR can cut.

GG...that pie sounds delish. Care to share the recipe??

Hi Catrine, what a sweet gesture to do for your volunteers. Hope you will share what you made.

Father-in-law called on Friday to give us his new phone #. They went back to get a landline...not liking how calls are dropped a lot on their cell phones. They live in a valley and we think that is why. He said he is healing from his surgery and saw the doctor about his finger and said it was fine too. At 81 yo that man never complains!

Off to clean my craftroom table.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1211 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 4:16:33 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: JeanneLee Go to Quoted Post
Doing laundry and thought I would try and catch up with you all.

Sandra, Congrats to Troy and his team for doing so well at the tournament!

Sharon, looks like some fun projects you finished. Very colorful cards.

Nancy[/i[color=yellow]]...a Koi costs $6,000 dollars in Japan! WOW[/color]!
That is a lot of money...I would rather spend on crafts! LOL

Cool here today(60*F)...have our churches annual Bible Study Sun-Weds evening this week.
So not mych playing with the Cricut...its going to collect dust soon. Want to be sure that the Gypsy and CCR can cut.

GG...that pie sounds delish. Care to share the recipe??

Hi [i]Catrine
, what a sweet gesture to do for your volunteers. Hope you will share what you made.

Father-in-law called on Friday to give us his new phone #. They went back to get a landline...not liking how calls are dropped a lot on their cell phones. They live in a valley and we think that is why. He said he is healing from his surgery and saw the doctor about his finger and said it was fine too. At 81 yo that man never complains!

Off to clean my craftroom table.

That is cheap Koi in Japan or even in the States can go into the thousands. The Pres. of our Club has bought Koi for 10,000.00 and up and even higher. Those are show Koi where they are judged for color and the quality of the Koi

Edited by user Monday, April 22, 2013 4:17:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked lv2scrap02 for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 4/24/2013(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1212 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 4:21:05 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

chilly and windy here today. Abigail get me busy.

I see some gals are having problems with CCR I still haven't tried cutting with it.

I miss my landline our Cable for the computer and the TV and phone are all in one and when the lines are busy sometimes we can't make a phone call. Very annoying but a heck of a lot cheaper.

Well nothing new here
Have a good evening/day

NJsharon Offline
#1213 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 4:49:27 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

We have landline phones & our cell phones. We have Ooma for our landline phones & haven't had a problem so far, except if the electricity goes out then so does our landline phone! So good to have the cell phones as back up!

http://www.ooma.com/

I was hoping to be a vendor at a local hot air balloon festival. I thought I could sell premade cards & layouts & gifts. But enquired about it & got a reply that it was $795! It is a 3 day event, so I guess for 3 days that is pretty reasonable, but just cannot justify spending that much. Even if I split it with another CTMH consultant, that is still a lot!

Anyone local going to CKC in Lancaster PA in July? Just registered for it & looking forward to it! The only thing was that the main 'host' hotel was fully booked already! So staying at a hotel 15 mins away. But we will work around that.
SandraB. Offline
#1214 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 7:09:12 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
ok I'll try this again. I had my last reply posted and realized I had the wrong pics on it. Anyway, hope everyone is having a good day. Did all the updating to my Gypsy and CCR, didn't take long at all. The only thing is that some of my carts aren't showing up on my Gypsy, not sure why.

Sharon: lovely cards and layouts. Sounds like you had a good time at your crop. I could go to one this Sat., but it's my Sat. to spend with mom so will have to pass on itSad

JeanneLee: glad your FIL is on the mend. We have both cell phones as well as a landline. When one fails we have the other.

Nancy: congrats on your new Koi. I know how much those darn things are worth, glad you got a good deal on yours. Hope everyone gets along well in the pond.

I think spring has finally sprung here, fingers crossed anyway. Almost all of the snow has gone, which is hard to believe considering how much we had. Tomorrow nite is the wind-up for the hockey team and being Troy was a volunteer we have been invited to go. Thanks for all his congrats. I just finished downloading all the pics I took, so I thought I would share a couple with you. One is of him with his silver medal and one of him and his buddy with their gold medals.
File Attachment(s):
Troy.jpg (1,987kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
SandraB. attached the following image(s):
DSC_0219, Troy & Mike.jpg
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1215 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:16:43 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Thanks Sandra for the pic's you must be so proud of him

Sharon...Our Craft Fairs that seems to be the going rate and sometimes depending on the location (where the place you) can go as high as 1200.00. You would never make that money back
We also have our Cell Phones with Hurricane Sandy we had no communications at all at least with our cell phone carrier which was Sprint. So now we upgraded to Verizon kind of expensive but it seems most people still had the Verizon cell phones connections.

I haven't checked my Gypsy to see if all the carts downloaded on CCR.

My friend makes beautiful bead jewelry and she does all the craft fairs and said she never comes out ahead.

Abigail is being dropped off a little later so I thought I would catch up on some chores.

We are starting her now on solid foods she loves everything so far. Thursday we start her on eggs.

We are hoping for nice weather for Sunday when she is Baptised

Have a great day

NJsharon Offline
#1216 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:33:19 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Aaaw great picture Sandra, like Nancy said, you must be so proud!

Nancy we have AT&T as our cell phone carrier & had service through hurricane Sandy. Just had to charge the phones in the car as we had no power to charge them at home!

Edited by user Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:36:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 Offline
#1217 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:16:25 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Quiet on the MB today...

My son in law went to the dentist for a cleaning and they said one of his teeth was infected. He didn't feel anything was wrong and they decided to pull it. Poor guy he drove there so all they could do was give in 6 needles in the upper mouth we know how painful that is. So he stayed home from work dropped Abigail off at 11:30am went home and took pain killers

She was so good today I had to go out and buy another High Chair the one I had was old and started giving way so I said lets buy a new one while I am there they had a Slae just for this evening so I bought a good Car Seat for her.

Well going to watch Dancing With The Stars
Have a good night
catrin03 Offline
#1218 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:20:26 AM(UTC)
catrin03

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good Morning!

Going to try to insert pictures of the cards I made for the volunteers

I have the pictures in a file on the computer and have been trying to attach it but must be missing a step somewhere. have not been able to download here.

got it!!!

Edited by user Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:22:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

catrin03 attached the following image(s):
BABY CARD.jpg
JUST A NOTE CARD.jpg
LUNCH CARD.jpg
WEDDING CARD.jpg
 1 user thanked catrin03 for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 4/24/2013(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1219 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:38:39 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Catrin...Thanks for sharing your cards they are very pretty. You must have been really busy making all of them.

Last night DH wanted to go out for Mexican food Love it...

Then we did some shopping at Babies R Us I bought a new high chair because the one I had was used but seemed like it was giving way so off we went. Then I said I better buy a car seat for my car after all Abigail will be 1 yrs. old.

So then DH said he will treat my daughter and he bought 1 for her car. So now they just have to buy one for my son in law and they will be all set.

I have to run get ready for bowling

I did work on Abigail's birthday card but don't know if I am happy with it. I have so many cute ideas can't made up my mind. I did cut Piglet out and some balloons but then I also like a lion don't know can't make a decision!!

Have a great day

JeanneLee Offline
#1220 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:07:30 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Catrin, thanks for sharing your cards! Great job!

Wow,Nancy...I can't believe that much for a cool fish.
I have cut with my CCR and had no difficulties.

Sharon, that is incredible to hear how much they want for a craft space...that is ridiculous! CKC-Creating Keepsake Convention? I am about 2 hours from Lancaster...but no plans to go. Can't wait to hear what you think...have you been before?

Sandra, enjoyed seeing Troy! TFS! That is wonderful that you snow is melting. We have had crazy weather...60s F yesterday, today 79*F, and 60s again tom'w. BUT I love sweater weather!ThumpUp

DH chomped on a macadamia nut cookie 2 nights ago and cracked the inner aspect of a bottom molar.
Thank goodness he has no pain...they can't get him in till May 14th. The lady said it sounded like a post and crown most likely. Poor guy...he is worse about going to the dentist then I am.Sad
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1221 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:55:30 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1461 time(s) in 1166 post(s)
Hi all. I didn't fall of the earth, I just haven't bothered to turn on my computer!

I read everything, but I won't comment on all that much.

We have only cell phones. My parents keep talking about doing it, too, but I won't let them. They can't hear their cell phones ring! So, they need to keep their land line. They have had their phone account for someting like 53 years!!!!!

Sandra, thanks for posting the picture of Troy and his medal! That is so very special.

JeanneLee, not till May to the dentist???!!!???? Oh my. My mouth hurts for him.

Catrin, your cards are cute. Thanks for sharing them!

Nancy, that is a mouthful of teeth. My kids were VERY slow in getting teeth. Kate, youngest, was like 15 months before she got her first one.

Shelly, where are you going on your cruise? I know you have told us, but I have a short memory. I watch for door decorations to help me find my room. Also, at least on Princess, the carpet is different colors on each side of the hall so at least I know which way to turn when I get off the elevator. I have a terrible sense of direction.

DH keeps pushing keys on my computer! He thinks he is helping me type. Flapper

Boy, I am writing a novel!

We had fun at the races. We walked over five miles on Sunday.

Do any of you watch Dancing With the Stars? Maks was the Grand Marshall of the celebrity race (that is the race that Jill was part of the pit crew). After the race, he was hanging around in the pits, so I got my picture taken with him. FUN for me!!
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 4/27/2013(UTC)
Shelly Offline
#1222 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:55:43 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Hi everyone.

Catrin - Your cards are really cute! Thanks for sharing.

JeanneLee - Ouch! But glad he's not feeling pain, ESPECIALLY since he can't get in for so long! Hope it stays pain free.

Sharon - Wow, that is a lot for a booth!

Joy - We are going to the Southern Caribbean. We fly into San Juan and leave from there. We will get there on Saturday and leave Sunday night at 10 p.m. Have never had a cruise leave that late. Then we go to St Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St. Kitts, and St. Martin. So only one sea day, which makes me sad. I like sea days, since my DH likes to go, go, go in ports. I go on vacation to relax, he goes to see how much he can do and see. So we have early excursions each day. Haven't ever been on Princess. I like the idea of the carpet being different colors on different sides of the ship. I ALWAYS get mixed up getting off the elevator so that would really help.

I am getting a haircut tomorrow, I hope. Then need to do the last minute laundry and start packing. We don't leave until 11:30 at night on Friday, so I will have all day Friday to go to Walmart several times to pick up last minute things, LOL.

I have gone shopping every afternoon for the last three days with my daughter. She has been looking for some new clothes for the trip. I was looking for a pair of pants. She has bought so much. Would be nice to have the money to do that. Plus, she is nice and slim and everything looks so cute on her. I need to loose some more weight, so I don't like how most things look on me. I haven't been doing well on my weight lately.

Didn't mean to write a novel. Will catch up with everyone when we get back. Not sure if I will get on here again before we leave.
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1223 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:11:25 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I LOVE sea days. On our last cruise, we didn't do any shore excursions. We rented a car in Honolulu, and took free shuttles to shopping areas on the other islands. Loved no deadlines except dinner and a show!

lv2scrap02 Offline
#1224 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:33:28 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy I thought you left on vacation! How are you feeling?

Shelly... You will love the Southern Caribbean I have been to St. Martin and St. Thomas several times I think those are my favorite if you love jewelry you can bargain with them and get some really nice gold jewelry. Barbados nice beaches you will really enjoy this Cruise

Crazy weather here today cold all day and by 5pm warmed up and it is so nice out right now.

Well hoping everyone has a good night/dayBigGrin

joyfullycrafting Offline
#1225 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:40:46 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, we are at Jill's house. The past three days have been dogsitting Jeffie! Jill had to go out of town for work.

I guess I will try the Gypsy/CCR update synch stuff. I sure hope and pray my Gypsy comes through it OK! I am sad about the official announcement that they are not making any more, although I could see the handwriting on the wall. I just have no desire to cut with my computer. It's too much work. A Gypsy was so simple.
SandraB. Offline
#1226 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:33:10 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
I just read back and realized I haven't posted for a few days. Tues., nite we had the wind-up for our hockey team and being Troy volunteered with them we were all invited. Had a team pic taken with the team as well as a nice dinner. Yesterday I went in and did a bit of work in mom's flower bed for her. This afternoon I got a call from my gf that I grew up with saying her and her mom were in Edmonton and want to see mom & I. So we are getting together Sat., morning at mom's. It will be nice to see her again...we haven't seen each other for quite a few years as she lives in Kelowna, BC. So looking forward to that. We got a new student in our class today...seems like an odd time to change schools, but I guess you don't know the situation.
Thanks for your kind comments on Troy's pics. We are patiently waiting to find out if they move on to Nationals.

Nancy: dh was out cleaning the pond today and only found 1 dead fishBigGrin! He thinks he will put the pump back in this w/end. I think spring is finally here...time to get the yard cleaned up again. It actually hit 17C. here todayBigGrin BigGrin

Joy: glad you are enjoying your visit with Jill. Sounds like you had fun at the racesBigGrin. I did all the CCR/Gypsy thing with no problems...though a couple of my newest carts aren't on the G. I posted a note on the main board and someone mentioned it wasn't ready for the G yet. At least I know I didn't mess anything upLOL

Shelly: hope you enjoy your cruise

Catrin: great job on your cards

JeanneLee: hope your dh is ok until he can get into the dentist

I foolishly left a scrapbook page laid out with loose pieces on it. Now, mysteriously a couple of pieces have disappeared (a couple of cats have been questioned)Glare. Now I have to recut them...part of a title on the CCR and a number with my Sizzix. Lesson learned...Don't leave anything unattached or my door openLOL!

Bye for now, take care everyone

1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1227 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 7:30:52 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Beautiful sunny day decided to take Abigail for a morning walk we were gone for 1 hour walking around on the way home it was like a wind storm. I hate that wind and so did Miss Abigail.

Now she is down for her am nap...

Joy... glad you are having a nice time in Ca. how is the weather?

Sandy... it will be nice to catch up with old friends and especially with your mom.. have a good time

When does your school term end our end in mid June.

Well of to do some housework

Have a nice day/nightBigGrin
SandraB. Offline
#1228 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 6:33:55 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi;
We had a lovely, lovely day here today...hit 20C! So warm I brought out my flip-flops! DH & I went to pick up the income tax...he gets $$ back I have to pay $$! Was so made I cleaned out my flowerbeds when I got home. Replanted my cala lillies and another that I had dug up last fall. Supposed to rain tonite, so that would be good for them. We had a neighbourhood clean-up walk today at school. Went well, the younger grades teamed up with the older grades and headed out in little groups to pick up garbage around the school. Was a beautiful day for it, and now the wind has picked up so there will be more blown around!

Nancy: we go to school right until the end of June. I think you guys start back earlier than we do in the fall. Looking forward to my visit tomorrow, my friend called and wanted me to bring pictures along. The only album that is really up-to-date is my great-neices but I think there are pics of pretty much everyone in there with her so I will take that. I just cut out an Elmo to put on her Christmas page as we gave her one of those LOL Elmos. Didn't get to cutting out the "Missing" piece of a title last nite for my other page so will have to do that tonite.

Well, better run and get cuttingBigGrin.

Take care everyone and have a great w/end.BigGrin
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1229 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 8:23:49 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Good Evening.

The weather here was great last weekend for the race, but really cool the past few days. But today was beautiful! DH and Jill worked outside, and I made a couple of cards, and did the house stuff - laundry and cooking!

We were at KMart tonight. There was a lady about three in front of me (only two lines were open and both were too long). This lady had at least 30 clothing items in her cart, I don't think any of them were tagged (clearance items) and she would only put one up on the counter at a time. Oh brother!!!! Talk about slow. I finally changed lines, and two people who were in front of me in the first line left, and I still got checked out before that lady finished. Slow, slow, slow.

I am going to make a Mickey card tomorow. I love Mickey, but some of those parts are tiny. I will have to keep Jeffie away so I don't end up with missing parts! He would eat them.

Have I ever posted a pic of Jeffie? He is a cutie, but HUGE. And he has a mind of his own.
NJsharon Offline
#1230 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 5:33:41 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Originally Posted by: JeanneLee Go to Quoted Post
Sharon, that is incredible to hear how much they want for a craft space...that is ridiculous! CKC-Creating Keepsake Convention? I am about 2 hours from Lancaster...but no plans to go. Can't wait to hear what you think...have you been before?

Yep, been before & it is a lot of fun! You should try to stop by if you get the chance. The expo floor has tons of vendors & the crop is really fun. They do games & giveaways. Plus I am taking I think 3 classes. Should be a fun time!

Think I am going to CKU (Creating Keepsakes University) in September too. That is in Stamford CT & you get to make a full album, plus some other smaller classes. Whole weekend is $295, plus accomodation/food. Road tripping there with a couple of friends, so should be a fun time!