Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<4142434445>»
PedalPower! Offline
#1261 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 5:50:09 AM(UTC)
PedalPower!

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Hi all...thought I'd pop in and let ya'll know I have a new identity. LOL I have a new email address and apparently when I changed my email address, it created a new identify for me. I couldn't rename myself "PedalPower" so I just added the ! and made it work. Frustrating, but at least I can be on the boards again.

Been busy with biking. Hoping to do a 50 mile charity ride on Sunday as long as it doesn't rain. I've also really gotten back into scrapbooking. Less cards, more pages--it's been refreshing.

Hope everyone is well!
NJsharon Offline
#1262 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 10:11:38 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 404 time(s) in 243 post(s)
Well after some consideration I think I am selling my Cricut products. I do love them, but feel that the 'other machine that should not be named' offers more for me. Hubby offered to buy it as an early 40th birthday present for me (birthday is not until September). But first going to sell all my cricut stuff!

So that being said, I have listed all my items on the Bargains/Deals/Reviews board (think that is what it is called... the message board on here where everyone sells things!).

I must admit, as I was typing up the list I felt some strong connections to certain cartridges & was a bit scared to sell them. LOL But I know I will be okay. LOL

lv2scrap02 Offline
#1263 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 4:35:00 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1281 time(s) in 996 post(s)
Hi girls,

Nice to hear from Angie and Sonya.. glad all is well with both of you

Wow!! Sharon I would be lost without my Cricut
Are you getting more into Stamping (CTMH)

Abigail has been keeping me busy less nap time in the am but sleeping a little longer in the afternoonBigGrin

Sandra.. pretty tulips... all our just opened up this week red, yellow.

I will be busy this week preparing for Abigail 1 yr. old Birthday party.

We are up to 24 so far. Still waiting for a couple of RSVP's

Bowling we won all 3 games shocker but we bowled really good

Hoping everyone has a nice weekend

lv2scrap02 Offline
#1264 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 5:57:36 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Girls,

Busy day here today I have to go to Costco and pick up all my meats I decided to make for next week Abigail' party "Pulled Pork" I need to buy 10 pds. and chicken cutlets about 8 pounds.

So off to the supermarket

Have a great day

joyfullycrafting Offline
#1265 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 10:04:03 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1448 time(s) in 1154 post(s)
Hi all.

Got to see Kate last night and today! It has been since her wedding that we have seen her.

What a LONG drive yesterday. 12 hours.

Sharon, I hope you keep coming here to visit with us!!!!!!!

We will head out soon to help decorate for the reception.

I was ready to order First Few Years from a website this morning, good price, and they were all sold out. Of course.
NJsharon Offline
#1266 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 12:46:59 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

yes, I will still come visit & check in with you... you are my friends now, couldn't desert you!

My cartridges are 'flying off the shelves', was having a hard time keeping track last night. LOL

Girls' birthday party went so well today! If anyone has kids or grandkids & has a Shoprite supermarket near them, I really recommend the birthday party!! They cooked some loaded nachos, chicken sliders, fish/jello bowls & decorated cupcakes. The chef that led the party was great too, explaining everything & of course very hands on.

NJsharon Offline
#1267 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 5:21:52 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Anyone got any fun plans for today?

I think I am going to do a charity walk this morning, at 10.15am. It is a 2K, so should be easy.

Then we are off to Toys R Us so the girls can spend their GCs & then maybe to a street fair in a local town.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#1268 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 5:53:29 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Beautiful day here today in fact it has been nice most of the week although windy.

This week we are supposed to get heavy rain actually I don't mind at all since I will be doing a lot of cooking towards the end of the week.

The weather channel said we should have a nice weekend. I hope so I can't imagine 13 toddlers running around my house LOL

Today is our 29th Wedding Anniversary Steve is taking me out to dinner this evening.
I asked him if it felt like we have been married 29 yrs. he said no he remember it was such a windy day and we had a outdoor wedding.

Sharon.... Glad the twins birthday party went well at Shop Rite we have one that opened last year in the area but I never heard of having birthday parties in the supermarket but I must say what a nice idea. Glad it all went well.

Joy... glad you got to see Kate 12 hours is a long ride I hope you made some stops along the way

Well have a nice day/evening
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1269 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 5:55:43 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: NJsharon Go to Quoted Post
Happy Cinco de Mayo! Anyone got any fun plans for today?

I think I am going to do a charity walk this morning, at 10.15am. It is a 2K, so should be easy.

Then we are off to Toys R Us so the girls can spend their GCs & then maybe to a street fair in a local town.

Enjoy.. I am sure the girls will have a good time shopping at Toys R Us
NJsharon Offline
#1270 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 4:37:56 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU & STEVE!!!
Hope you ahve a great day!!!

Did the 2K, but ended up actually walking 2.5K I think. A bunch of us went on ahead & we did one of the runner's loops instead of turning off early. So we did a bit extra. LOL Felt good to be up early & getting a bit of exercise in. My goal is to do a 5K eventually.... but slowly does it for me, I am nowhere close to doing a 5K!

Then we went & bought a bunch of stuff for the girls from ToysRUs using all GCs. Included legos, couple of DS games, a microscope, some cool stuff!

Street fair was fun. Girls bought a pair of earrings each, some doll clothes (for their madame alexander dolls) & of course we had to pick up some yummy kettle corn! Oh & some gumbo for Emily, she loves that.

So a fun day, but tired now. Think I will take a nice hot bubble bath to relax!
 1 user thanked NJsharon for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 5/8/2013(UTC)
SandraB. Offline
#1271 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 7:10:40 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 271 time(s) in 230 post(s)
Hi everyone;
we had an absolutely beautiful w/end here, hope this isn't our summerLOL!

Sharon: glad the party went well...the supermarket idea sounds like a lot of fun. Sounds like the girls had a fun shopping trip. Glad your cartridges are selling well for you...sad to hear you are giving up on your Cricut. Don't forget us when you move onBigGrin! Hope you are getting a good price for your carts. Congrats on doing the walk.

Nancy: good luck with your party preperations...fingers-crossed for nice weather for the w/end. Happy Anniversary to both you and Steve, hope you have many more.

Joy: glad you got to visit Kate, enjoy your visit with them. I was thinking about using my credit for that same cart also...I guess I will have to wait unless I can get it digitally.

Sonya: nice to hear from you again, glad you are back into your scrapbooking

Just came back from a walk around our subdivision...can't believe all the new homes going up behind us, they opened up a new phase or two last spring and almost all the lots are filled up now.

Bye for now, I think I can actually wear summer clothes to school tomorrow instead of pants and long sleeved tops. What a difference a few days can make around hereLOL
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
JeanneLee Offline
#1272 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 12:55:37 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
I know that I have asked you all before, but do any of you use an ATG gun? I have been thinking about getting the scotch pink one from J's as I have some gift cards from Christmas/birthday. I used to use a tape runner that I got from the dollar store on .88 cent Tuesdays, but the store closed down.

Hi Joy, yes, I got my ATG several years ago and have participated with one of the Cricut gals here whenever she does the tape *share*. She buys a huge lot and the cost is really low. I still have about 10 rolls and like Nancy I use it as my #1 adhesive.
JeanneLee Offline
#1273 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 1:17:30 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Happy belated Anniversary, Nancy!
The photo of Abilgail is precious...a whole year since her birth, My how time has flown by.

Hello, all, I tried to go back two pages of posts to catch up with you all!

Debbie, great to hear from you and look forward to hearing all about Bali! Safe travels.

Angie and Sonya, missing seeing you both, but know how busy life is! Just happy you come back when you can.

Sharon, your girls are beautiful, congrats on another birthday! That is so neat you got(or getting) *that* new machine. Its the wave of the future. Please be sure and let us know your take on it!

Sandra, spring still happening in your part of the world? Hope it truly is spring.

We have had unusual weather here in MD, though I am NOT complaining. Sunny yesterday and beautiful. We were invited down to our oldest DS's place near the beach. He is moving soon and wanted to have us down before then. His GF made dessert(she could be a baker for sure!), DS made turkey burgers and brats, DD and her hubby brought chips, dip and sodas and Hubby and I brought Potato Salad and Mac&Cheese. We went for a walk down on the Chesapeake boardwalk. Perfect day! I will post photos on my blog tonight! Only one missing was our Marine.
He is doing well. We talked yesterday. He got his first promotion on May 1st...no longer a Private but a Private First Class! Ooo-Rah!

Off to see what I can do for Mothers Day cards...did you all try the FREE one on CCR?
Have a great evening everyone!
 1 user thanked JeanneLee for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1274 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 2:21:39 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi all.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Nancy and Steve!!!

As to stopping when we travel, only long enough to use the restroom and grab a bite to eat. VERY short stops. Yesterday was a six hour drive to home. And boy, there was not much from there to here. Just desert.

JeanneLee, I have never used CCR to cut! I am just a Gypsy girl. I hope it lasts a long time.

It is a lovely day here today. I finally got out and I think I have the flower beds almost ready to plant. I want to get some Miracle Grow soil to put in them, then flowers, here we come! My biggest problem is that I have a very brown thumb. I love flowers, but they tend to die on me. I would blame it on our hot summers, but other people just take better care of their flowers than I do.

Got Outdoor Man in the mail today! WOHOO!! Ready to make my dad a birthday card. He will be 88 in nine days.

I was fixing sandwiches for lunch today. DH grabs the mayo jar and lays it in the sink. Then he said, "Look, sinko de mayo." (I spelled it like it really was, not like the holiday). Silly man.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1275 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 3:33:33 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I am excited.

Jill was nine months old her first Christmas, and my sister gave her a musical teddy bear.

That bear was LIFE to Jill. And she still loves that bear. But that bear is flat, worn out, worn out, threadbare, worn out, threadbare. I think you get the picture. Poor bear. You can tell it has been well-loved.

I think I just found HER BEAR on ebay. The starting price is really low, but shipping is kind of high. I will watch it and bid anyway.
Shelly Offline
#1276 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 3:59:19 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Hi everyone!

We got back LATE last night from our cruise. Boy the Caribbean is beautiful. The water is so pretty. We had a lot of fun. Already trying to figure out when, where and how we can go again soon.

Tried to catch up on the posts.

Nancy - cute picture of Abigail. She is so precious. Glad things went well with the christening. Hope the weather is good for the birthday party. The kids will LOVE your backyard! Also belated Happy Anniversary to you!

Sharon - Your girls are so pretty! Sorry to hear you are getting rid of your Cricut stuff, but I understand the other machine is really great. Hope you sell everything. Glad you will still be here!

Joy - Glad you were able to get your Gypsy updated and CCR going. I plan to do that this week once I get caught up on being gone. Hope it goes ok for me. I get scared to sync, since my G died when I did it once. Fortunately PC replaced it for me, but still scares me! Hope you can get the bear for your daughter at a low cost!

Sandra - Your tulips are pretty. I am loving mine. This year they are all different colors, since it is the first year. But I guess they will all be going to red and yellow after this. At least that is what I was told. Hope not, but that's ok.

It is rainy here today and tomorrow, but then we are supposed to get into the high 70s and maybe into the 80s next week. I think nice weather may have finally come.

Trying to come up with something fun to do this weekend with my oldest DD to celebrate our birthdays and Mother's Day. My DH is going to be out of town and it's her 30th birthday, so she has 6 days in a row off and wants to do something fun. Problem is I don't have much money left. She is single and an RN so she has money to do those kind of things.
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1277 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 4:59:00 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Shelly, welcome back! I am so glad you had a great cruise!!!

Our cruise friends are coming over tonight so we can start planning our next one. YAY!!
SandraB. Offline
#1278 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 7:55:57 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 271 time(s) in 230 post(s)
Hi everyone;
Just back from a Special O meeting, it was so beautiful out I decided to walk to the meeting place. We hit 30C today, so it was a bit warm going there but it has clouded over and was lovely walking back. Just found out I won a $25.00 Tim Horton's gift cardBigGrin BigGrin

Joy: good luck on your bear

Shelly: glad your trip went well

JeanneLee: actually it feels more like summer now, but we are supposed to be back to seasonal temps tomorrow. Sounds like you had a lovely bbq with your family on the w/end. Forgot all about the free card on CCR, will have to check it out.

Better run, have ironing waiting for meMellow
NJsharon Offline
#1279 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 3:15:48 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Shelly so glad your cruise went well & you enjoyed yourself! I would cruise about 3-4 times a year if I had the money & time off work! I love cruising, especially the Caribbean. It is beautiful there!

I get my new 'other machine' today! Very excited to see it!!! I will let you all know what I think of it. I am already missing my Expression though & haven't even sold it yet. LOL

Only problem I will have is CTMH uses the cricut & you can cut images that match the stamps, so won't be able to do that. Would have to do it by hand or scan the stamps into the 'other machine' I guess?! Bit of a pain. But I will like the versitality of the new machine I think.

Have a cropping weekend this weekend, so plan to take it with me & play with it!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1280 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 8:26:07 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Sharon, maybe you could find a used baby bug to cut with the CTMH carts for not very much.

I am feeling better about life this morning. We booked a 14 day cruise to Alaska! I didn't know that I needed to go to Alaska again, but the price we right. We paid as much for this 14 day cruise as we did the 7 day cruise last fall, so a MUCH better deal this time. We are going with the friends that we went to Hawaii with in January. On the Diamond Princess. We have been happy with the Princess cruises that we have been on.

Off to Costco today, even though the new coupons don't start till Thursday. Which just means we get to go again next week! Our doggies may go hungry if we don't go somewhere to get them dog food today.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1281 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 8:27:57 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Me again.

There is a tiny white house (shack, really) that has been empty for at least eight years, maybe 10, right next door to us. We were AMAZED that when we got home, someone is working on it!!!! It has to be in terrible shape. Our cruise friend said that it was a shack when she was a teenager, and she is in her 60's now. So, I guess we will be getting new neighbors soon.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1282 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 9:15:05 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I was walking across the lawn, minding my own business, when I stepped on something with a stinger. It stuck right at the base of one of my toes. Boy, it hurts.
Shelly Offline
#1283 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 9:58:16 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

JOY - We did a 14 day Alaska cruise last year. LOVED it. We have been once before that. It was really a B2B cruise as we went to all the ports twice. But it was cheaper to just stay on the ship and do the return, than to fly from Anchorage home. We were looking at going again this summer, but did this cruise instead. We have never gone on Princess. Several others, but want to try it sometime. HAVE FUN! Cruising is the best! Just wish the flights were not so expensive. We have done several Mexico cruises because we can drive to California, and we also drove up to Vancouver. Makes it so we can afford to go sooner.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1284 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 10:38:25 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Shelly, when you drove to Vancouver, where did you park? We will be driving up. It is about 10 hours for us.
Shelly Offline
#1285 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 9:47:38 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Good morning.

I just want to share something. My 20 yr old DS got invited to some weddings recently and asked me about getting gifts from their registries. This happened just before we left on our cruise, so I told him how to do it and found him some coupons to Bed, Bath and Beyond and told him he could wrap it at the store and by a card or get a free simple one there also. Last night he showed me the gifts he had wrapped (not too bad, but definitely could use improvement). I asked him why he didn't get a card to go with it. He said because he hoped I would make him some. I told him he was just to cheap to buy one and wanted free ones. He said no, that what I could make would be much nicer and offered to pay me for them. Made my day!!

Just had to share.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1286 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 9:55:20 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Shelly, that is so sweet!!!! Makes you feel good, doesn't it. BigGrin

My foot is swollen and hard today. It is difficult to walk. My toes don't touch the ground!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1287 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 2:03:42 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

I was walking across the lawn, minding my own business, when I stepped on something with a stinger. It stuck right at the base of one of my toes. Boy, it hurts.

OUCHAngry how is your foot
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1288 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 2:05:01 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: Shelly Go to Quoted Post
Good morning.

I just want to share something. My 20 yr old DS got invited to some weddings recently and asked me about getting gifts from their registries. This happened just before we left on our cruise, so I told him how to do it and found him some coupons to Bed, Bath and Beyond and told him he could wrap it at the store and by a card or get a free simple one there also. Last night he showed me the gifts he had wrapped (not too bad, but definitely could use improvement). I asked him why he didn't get a card to go with it. He said because he hoped I would make him some. I told him he was just to cheap to buy one and wanted free ones. He said no, that what I could make would be much nicer and offered to pay me for them. Made my day!!

Just had to share.

Wow Shelly how nice is that... glad you had a nice time on your cruise we missed you
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1289 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 2:13:10 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Girls,

I did read all the posts ...

Nice to hear from JeanneLee, glad you are back Shelly.

Thanks for the Happy Anniver. wishes and the nice comments on Abigail's photos

Joy I hope your foot is ok!!

so busy getting ready for Sat. lots of rain coming just hope it doesn't rain Sat. Although Steve put heavy duty netting all around the Patio Roof so the rain today didn't come in but yet you can see out. So prefect in case it rains we can still party outsideBigGrin

Starting preparing Marinara Sauce is on as we speak, marinated 9 pounds of pork with a dry rub
but now I am told I should have done 15 to 20 pounds because it melts down. But between the hero's, salad's, chicken parmagiana and pasta plus my daughter is making all kinds of snacks I think I am good to go.

Well now I need to start dinner

Edited by user Wednesday, May 08, 2013 2:13:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NJsharon Offline
#1290 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 3:23:48 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Wow Joy, do you think it was a spider bite? I would go to the ER if it stays swollen, to get it checked out!

Lucky you booking a 14 day Alaska cruise! That sounds like heaven to me!
I leave for my cruise on May 31st, but it is only 3 nights... way too short for me! LOL But the rest of the group I am going with voted on it & chose a shorter cruise (I think as many of them are cruising newbies!). It will still be fun though, but man, 14 days is heaven!!!