Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

tdohrman1a836797 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 3:33:26 PM(UTC)
tdohrman1a836797

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is it broken? I thought maybe it needed updating (haven't done it for awhile) but I cannot get it to turn off either because I can't see the screen. Any ideas? And if I have to get a new one (I assume the warranty is over since I bought it in Oct 09), will I be able to transfer anything from it and use my cartridges? I love this thing and don't think I can live without it! Help!!!!
 1 user thanked tdohrman1a836797 for this useful post.
lgw30a67c2d on 7/14/2013(UTC)
CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:46:31 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tdohrman1a836797 Go to Quoted Post
Is it broken? I thought maybe it needed updating (haven't done it for awhile) but I cannot get it to turn off either because I can't see the screen. Any ideas? And if I have to get a new one (I assume the warranty is over since I bought it in Oct 09), will I be able to transfer anything from it and use my cartridges? I love this thing and don't think I can live without it! Help!!!!

Hello! I am sorry to hear you are experiencing a problem with you r Gypsy screen! We would love to help you. You can turn off your Gypsy by using the tool found by unscrewing the top of your stylus. Poke it into the hole found on the back of the Gypsy above the vent. Once the Gypsy is turned off you can try a reset. Hold down the top silver button on the left of the screen along with the silver button found on the right of the screen. Then press in the power button, so that you are holding all three buttons down together. You should get a rainbow screen with the blue power light. If this does not work the first time try it 3 or more times.
If you still can not get the screen to come back please contact customer service at 877-7cricut. We can tell you how to proceed.
-PCGena
kallie04 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:43:19 AM(UTC)
kallie04

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 19 post(s)
I, also got the black screen. Tried resetting but no luck. Talked to customer service and said I would have to buy a new. I paid good money for my Gypsy and don't think I should have to buy a new one after 1 1/2 years. I am very disappointed in Provo Craft cause they don't stand behind their products when there is a known issue with it.
karenrobati Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:30:31 PM(UTC)
karenrobati

My Gypsy has 2 white lines gong across the screen and I'm afraid that means it's nearing the end of it's life! I can't even find any for sale on this website because they are out of stock! I looked on Amazon and they go for well over 200 for a new one! I don't think it's fair that I paid good money for this only a few yrs ago and I'm having problems with it. Are they doing away with the Gypsy? Why don't they have any for sale?
lgw30a67c2d Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 8:57:33 AM(UTC)
lgw30a67c2d

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello! I am sorry to hear you are experiencing a problem with you r Gypsy screen! We would love to help you. You can turn off your Gypsy by using the tool found by unscrewing the top of your stylus. Poke it into the hole found on the back of the Gypsy above the vent. Once the Gypsy is turned off you can try a reset. Hold down the top silver button on the left of the screen along with the silver button found on the right of the screen. Then press in the power button, so that you are holding all three buttons down together. You should get a rainbow screen with the blue power light. If this does not work the first time try it 3 or more times.
If you still can not get the screen to come back please contact customer service at 877-7cricut. We can tell you how to proceed.
-PCGena

Mine has the same issue... I will make the call, but am not prepared to spend any more money on something I have not used more than a dozen times and that is only to look up where to find images on my cartridges.Mad
 2 users thanked lgw30a67c2d for this useful post.
Coah'sNana on 7/14/2013(UTC), elmojs031e0f22f5 on 11/14/2013(UTC)
Coah'sNana Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 9:26:42 AM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 17162 time(s) in 4569 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lgw30a67c2d Go to Quoted Post
Mine has the same issue... I will make the call, but am not prepared to spend any more money on something I have not used more than a dozen times and that is only to look up where to find images on my cartridges.Mad

They do offer a repair option for the Gypsy now. If you are only using it to find images, a better search option is CCR. While I love my Gypsy and don't use CCR myself, it does have better search features. There is also a website you can use to search for images. HTH

http://www.mycutsearch.com/
Nickybb Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 07, 2013 7:14:55 AM(UTC)
Nickybb

I have to write to tell you my story! One day I went to use my cricut and it had a black screen and would turn off. After attempting all avenues, Cricut told me I had to buy another one. So, I bought a used one. When I got it, it worked but I never got around to sending it into Cricut to get it re serialized. I have a lot of carts. Blink 5 months later, I am finally able to mail them back in, and I try to turn on the good one and it doesn't work!!! Now I have two of them with the same problem.

I am soooo disappointed with Cricut. I should be able to de serialize them if the gypsy fails! (Twice!)
theproc0a14c052 Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 07, 2013 11:37:25 AM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

Was thanked: 131 time(s) in 116 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nickybb Go to Quoted Post
I have to write to tell you my story! One day I went to use my cricut and it had a black screen and would turn off. After attempting all avenues, Cricut told me I had to buy another one. So, I bought a used one. When I got it, it worked but I never got around to sending it into Cricut to get it re serialized. I have a lot of carts. Blink 5 months later, I am finally able to mail them back in, and I try to turn on the good one and it doesn't work!!! Now I have two of them with the same problem.

I am soooo disappointed with Cricut. I should be able to de serialize them if the gypsy fails! (Twice!)

They now offer a repair service for the Gypsy. Although I haven't had the need for it (thank goodness!), several others I have read have used it and been pleased. It might be worth a try to get one up and running.
elmojs031e0f22f5 Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:10:00 AM(UTC)
elmojs031e0f22f5

I went to use mine last night after a few months and got the black screen. called customer service and because I didn't register it for a few months after I received it they need proof of purchase. It was a gift for Christmas. I am so disappointed in this product. I haven't had or even used it for a year and the doesn't work. I can't just go buy a new one, they're expensive. I love my cricut but I really don't know that I will ever purchase another thing from this company if this is how they treat their customers. So very very disappointed.
Coah'sNana Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:55:10 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 17162 time(s) in 4569 post(s)
Originally Posted by: elmojs031e0f22f5 Go to Quoted Post
I went to use mine last night after a few months and got the black screen. called customer service and because I didn't register it for a few months after I received it they need proof of purchase. It was a gift for Christmas. I am so disappointed in this product. I haven't had or even used it for a year and the doesn't work. I can't just go buy a new one, they're expensive. I love my cricut but I really don't know that I will ever purchase another thing from this company if this is how they treat their customers. So very very disappointed.

I am surprised that they did not mention their repair service because they do have one now. Since the Gypsy is discontinued, it would be tough finding a new one anyway. I might suggest you look here to see if the issue you are having is repairable. HTH

http://www.cricut.com/home/support/gypsy-repair/