Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Lguild Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:59:26 PM(UTC)
Lguild

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1717 time(s) in 690 post(s)
I'm seeing more and more documents full of cartridges for sale on Facebook! Most are selling for $10, $15 and $25! Those are some really good prices compared to what they're going for on Ebay these days!

Edited by user Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:17:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked Lguild for this useful post.
garagesaler on 11/14/2012(UTC), rhondah* on 11/17/2012(UTC)
CarrieK Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:22:32 PM(UTC)
CarrieK

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I NEED a link, Linda! I haven't seen any from my friends on FB
southgirltexas Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:24:41 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)
We have a local facebook selling page and I have bought 2 carts for 10 dollars each. I have even bought carts at garage sales (new and unopened). One for 2 dollars and another for 25 cents...I count myself lucky.
 1 user thanked southgirltexas for this useful post.
Lguild on 11/16/2012(UTC)
craft-mommy Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:57:52 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

United States

Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Would you like to share the link with us? BigGrin
LauraEbeth Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:37:21 PM(UTC)
LauraEbeth

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
go to the facebook marketplace and just type "cricut" in the search
cristine Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:52:08 PM(UTC)
cristine

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 67 post(s)
where is the market place on facebook? I looked and can not find it.
LindainWA Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:58:23 PM(UTC)
LindainWA

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 941 time(s) in 551 post(s)
I typed in facebook marketplace and it came up but when I searched for cricut - got nothing.
scrapalette Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:21:10 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18943 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
There are several selling groups on FB. I follow The Scrap Yard and Scrapbook Deals. I also follow a trade only scrap group~Scrappy Trade Shack. Most of the cheap carts I see listed are linked, although I have seen plenty of new ones for $25ish.

Oddly enough, the only things I've purchased through FB have been from members of this MB! LOL
Lguild Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 9:18:37 PM(UTC)
Lguild

They're on private group pages. One is the Scrap Yard and another is a group of us who used to post on the Cricut MB.

Not sure how you get access to the pages since the administrator has to let you join.

I'm seriously considering selling my cartridges too. Have so many that I never use and I even have a Hello Kitty! That one alone would bring almost enough to buy a different die cutter!

Since I'm learning how to use the 3rd party software, there's no need of having the cartridges any longer.

Edited by user Friday, November 16, 2012 9:19:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LindaKinkead Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 9:22:50 PM(UTC)
LindaKinkead

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 40 post(s)
I am selling my cricut expression (almost 1 yr old) with i think 10 carts and my gypsie with even more carts on it. Not sure what price I should ask for it. Any and all suggestions or offers are/will be appreciated. Everything works fine I want to get a different kind of machine.

Linda Kinkead
Lguild Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 10:32:57 PM(UTC)
Lguild

Originally Posted by: LindaKinkead Go to Quoted Post
I am selling my cricut expression (almost 1 yr old) with i think 10 carts and my gypsie with even more carts on it. Not sure what price I should ask for it. Any and all suggestions or offers are/will be appreciated. Everything works fine I want to get a different kind of machine.

Linda Kinkead

Provocraft is now saying it's fine to sell the Gypsy with the cartridges on it without selling the physical cartridges at the same time. Tory at customer service told me that herself. She says you just have to tell the buyer that the cartridges can't be recovered when the Gypsy breaks.

Someone needs to tell Ebay that. They've been pulling auctions for G's with linked cartridges.

GracefulGrammar Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 10:44:27 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1818 time(s) in 865 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Lguild Go to Quoted Post
Provocraft is now saying it's fine to sell the Gypsy with the cartridges on it without selling the physical cartridges at the same time. Tory at customer service told me that herself. She says you just have to tell the buyer that the cartridges can't be recovered when the Gypsy breaks.

Someone needs to tell Ebay that. They've been pulling auctions for G's with linked cartridges.

So you are saying that PC has released all Gypsy owners from the EULA about selling linked cartridges and Gypsies with linked cartridges? If what Tory says is true, then it's PC professional responsibility to notify Ebay and all Gypsy owners, in my opinion, that the EULA or parts of it have been changed and/or made null and void.

Edited by user Friday, November 16, 2012 10:54:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 11/17/2012(UTC)
letypedroza Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 10:49:43 PM(UTC)
letypedroza

Was thanked: 204 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
So you are saying that PC has released all Gypsy owners from the EULA about selling linked cartridges? If what Tory says is true, then it's PC professional responsibility to notify Ebay and all Gypsy owners, in my opinion, that the EULA or parts of it have been changed and/or made null and void.

Is this another indicator that the G is going bye-bye, like the imagine?
Lguild Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:19:52 AM(UTC)
Lguild

So you are saying that PC has released all Gypsy owners from the EULA about selling linked cartridges and Gypsies with linked cartridges? If what Tory says is true, then it's PC professional responsibility to notify Ebay and all Gypsy owners, in my opinion, that the EULA or parts of it have been changed and/or made null and void.

I went back and read the entire EULA and can find nothing prohibiting you from selling your G with the linked cartridges on it. The only thing I can find is a sections that prohibits the sale of the "software"--not the machine itself.

If you'd had the EULA to read prior to purchasing the G, I don't think you'd have bought one after reading it!

MaryScraps Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:22:49 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 6866 time(s) in 2791 post(s)
Well then PC should update the G so we can unlink our cartridges.
If they changed their policy then there are some cartridges I want to get rid of.
I don't use them. Some I never have. Stupid me linked them to my Gypsy.
Of course at the time there weren't as many cartridges to chose from like there is now.
 2 users thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
Annabella on 11/17/2012(UTC), farmscraps on 11/18/2012(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:55:12 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18943 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
I think selling linked carts and Gypsy together falls under this section {http://content.provocraft.com/b/pdfs/1.3CRICUT_GYPSY_EULA_08-22-12.pdf}:

2.3 Use of Your CRICUT GYPSY™ System, Software and Cartridges. You are responsible for all activities with
respect to Your CRICUT GYPSY™ System, Software and Cartridges including all users though You of Your
CRICUT GYPSY™ System, Software and Cartridges. You will ensure that:
(a) You and any users will only use Your CRICUT GYPSY™ System, Software and Cartridges, in
accordance with this Agreement, all applicable laws and regulations, the appropriate
Documentation for Your CRICUT GYPSY™ System, Software and Cartridges, and the End User
License Agreement for Cartridges;
(b) You have the right and authority to enter into this Agreement, either on Your own behalf or on
behalf of a company or other entity, or minor, and that You are over the age of majority;
(c) You and Your users will not knowingly use or permit others to use Your CRICUT GYPSY™
System, Software Cartridges or portion thereof in isolation or with any other software or data in a
manner that in Provo Craft’s judgment, interferes with, degrades or adversely affects any software,
system, network or data used by any person including Provo Craft or otherwise has a detrimental
effect upon Provo Craft or any of its licensors, customers or products or services. You will
immediately cease any such activity upon Provo Craft delivering notice of same to You;
(d) You and Your users will not use Your CRICUT GYPSY™ System, Software, Cartridges or any
portion thereof, to commit or attempt to commit a crime or facilitate the commission of any crime or
other illegal or tortious acts, including any breach of privacy or infringement, violation or
misappropriation of any intellectual property rights and/or other proprietary rights of any third party
(including, without limitation, unlawfully circumventing any digital rights management protections);
(e) You and Your users will not sell, rent, lease, or transfer, or attempt to sell, rent, lease, or transfer,
the Software or Cartridges or any portion thereof (including operating a software-as-service,
application service provider, service bureau or equivalent service using the Software or Cartridges
to any other person, without the prior express written permission of Provo Craft);
(f) You and Your users will not transfer, or attempt to transfer, any Software, Cartridges or any portion
thereof pre-installed by or on behalf of Provo Craft on a CRICUT GYPSY™ System for use on any
other product or device without the prior written permission of Provo Craft; and
(g) You and Your users will cooperate with Provo Craft and provide information requested by Provo
Craft to assist Provo Craft in investigating or determining whether there has been a breach of this

But, I've never really talked with anyone in CS about it. Huh
dailyscrapper Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:51:46 PM(UTC)
dailyscrapper

Was thanked: 192 time(s) in 101 post(s)
Customer Service does now say you can sell it as long as you let the buyer know. Luckily I recorded the conversation. Pretty much blows the EULA out of the water legally when then contradict themselves on the phone. Glad they identify themselves as PC with their name in the beginning.
 2 users thanked dailyscrapper for this useful post.
rhondah* on 11/17/2012(UTC), GracefulGrammar on 11/17/2012(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:02:22 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: dailyscrapper Go to Quoted Post
Customer Service does now say you can sell it as long as you let the buyer know. Luckily I recorded the conversation. Pretty much blows the EULA out of the water legally when then contradict themselves on the phone. Glad they identify themselves as PC with their name in the beginning.

DId you ask customer service about selling gypsy-linked carts??

Lguild Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:35:05 PM(UTC)
Lguild

DId you ask customer service about selling gypsy-linked carts??

Yes, I did ask.

According to Tory at customer service, there's no restriction as long as you tell the buyer they've been linked and explain what that means.

I don't know why PC's stance has changed on this. Or maybe we just all misunderstood the EULA???

2 users thanked Lguild for this useful post.
rhondah* on 11/17/2012(UTC), GracefulGrammar on 11/17/2012(UTC)
rhondah* Online
#20 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 5:08:02 PM(UTC)
rhondah*

United States

Was thanked: 14342 time(s) in 8782 post(s)
This is good to know. Thanks for the info.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#21 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 10:32:08 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: Lguild Go to Quoted Post
I went back and read the entire EULA and can find nothing prohibiting you from selling your G with the linked cartridges on it. The only thing I can find is a sections that prohibits the sale of the "software"--not the machine itself.

If you'd had the EULA to read prior to purchasing the G, I don't think you'd have bought one after reading it!

You are correct......... That's why I posted over and over requesting that PC post the Gypsy EULA before it debuted.......

craft-mommy Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:27:50 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

United States

Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 95 post(s)
The scrap yard is very hard to join (it may just be me Glare) but I have tryed to join few times but they keep turning me away Unsure
SkyCandy Offline
#23 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 7:57:29 PM(UTC)
SkyCandy

United States

Was thanked: 334 time(s) in 248 post(s)
I wonder also if ebay has stopped enforcing PC's eula with loaded gypsies, I have seen these completed sales now and then and they state no cartridges included. This one says you get what is pictured, there are no cartridges. It would be nice to know the answer to this from PC!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/...p;_trksid=p2047675.l2557
 1 user thanked SkyCandy for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 11/18/2012(UTC)
Lguild Offline
#24 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 8:31:29 AM(UTC)
Lguild

Originally Posted by: dailyscrapper Go to Quoted Post

1 user thanked Lguild for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 11/19/2012(UTC)
Lab~BLAB Offline
#25 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 12:25:51 PM(UTC)
Lab~BLAB

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I would like to know as well, I have tried to sell my gypsy several ways, once by itself, once with 1/2 the cartridges that were linked and once will ALL the linked cartridges and each time it was removed by Ebay after they were notified by PC or someone affiliated with PC. I emailed the copyright email that came with the removal notice and received nothing so I am selling all the cartridges that I will not use again and looking to part with my gypsy as well.
 1 user thanked Lab~BLAB for this useful post.
Lguild on 11/19/2012(UTC)