Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MariaReyes1 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 8:04:36 PM(UTC)
MariaReyes1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 1466 post(s)
I want to paint Elmo with my Yudu using vinyl. I want to know how to go about it I am so confusedConfusedright now I have 3 screens, and it will be my first project any advised will be greatly appreciated thanks.
Princessaam Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 10:26:09 AM(UTC)
Princessaam

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 289 time(s) in 196 post(s)
I simply wouldn't do it with Vinyl. The registration is just too hard to see.
MariaReyes1 Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 12:43:18 PM(UTC)
MariaReyes1

Thank you for your reply. If I want to do Elmos head do I have to burn 3 screens 1 for face, 1 for nose and one for eyes the shirt is black you could see I am a confused newbie sorry for all the questions.
Princessaam Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 3:01:19 PM(UTC)
Princessaam

no worries.. .thisis why we're here...

Shirt is BLACK...OUCH... this is where i say.... "Order Vinyl" You'll get MUCH better results

But if you're insisting ;) :

One screen for each "color"

So Yes

Head
Nose
Eyes
Pupils/smile

YOu'll need to use registration sheets to make sure you burn each screen in the right place. OR you can try and wing it by layering by site. ( BTDT it's not hard with something this basic) and if you do that, you can get a few parts on each screen, just tape some off.

You're issue is going to be the Red on the black. That black shirt is going to eat that red ink. So... you're going to need to lay a white layer down.... let it almost dry, now the red...

Whenever I"m doing anything nonmetallic on black... Vinyl. It just turns out better.

~M
 1 user thanked Princessaam for this useful post.
MariaReyes1 on 9/28/2010(UTC)
MariaReyes1 Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 3:52:28 PM(UTC)
MariaReyes1

Princessaam wrote:

Shirt is BLACK...OUCH... this is where i say.... "Order Vinyl" You'll get MUCH better results

So Yes

Head
Nose
Eyes
Pupils/smile

YOu'll need to use registration sheets to make sure you burn each screen in the right place. OR you can try and wing it by layering by site. ( BTDT it's not hard with something this basic) and if you do that, you can get a few parts on each screen, just tape some off.

You're issue is going to be the Red on the black. That black shirt is going to eat that red ink. So... you're going to need to lay a white layer down.... let it almost dry, now the red...

Whenever I"m doing anything nonmetallic on black... Vinyl. It just turns out better.

~M

Oh my gosh I think something simple for now lol didn't know what I was getting into Confused thank you
luvmyE&G Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 4:47:44 PM(UTC)
luvmyE&G

United States

Was thanked: 1356 time(s) in 700 post(s)
Princessaam wrote:

So Yes

Head
Nose
Eyes
Pupils/smile

~M

So would you say the same thing if I wanted to make black shirts with orange on them???
Princessaam Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:43:11 AM(UTC)
Princessaam

Yeah. Angry

Black is soooo hard to put those mid colors on. I haven't attempted orange but I know that the red just gets lost without a base. It all depends on the time you're willing to take and effort. I have fallen in love with Heat Vinyl. Especially if you're planning on using vinyl to screen with anyway. You will acutally save a ton of time with better results. Cut the vinyl, weed it out, iron it on. Done!

~M
 2 users thanked Princessaam for this useful post.
MariaReyes1 on 9/28/2010(UTC), luvmyE&G on 9/30/2010(UTC)
luvmyE&G Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:15:57 AM(UTC)
luvmyE&G

United States

Was thanked: 1356 time(s) in 700 post(s)
Princessaam wrote:
Yeah. Angry

Black is soooo hard to put those mid colors on. I haven't attempted orange but I know that the red just gets lost without a base. It all depends on the time you're willing to take and effort. I have fallen in love with Heat Vinyl. Especially if you're planning on using vinyl to screen with anyway. You will acutally save a ton of time with better results. Cut the vinyl, weed it out, iron it on. Done!

~M

We are new Yudu owners it is coming on Friday BigGrin so we are going to try and use orange on a old black T first and see what happens. I will post my outcome so you guys can see... cross your fingers
NewfyMom Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:53:08 PM(UTC)
NewfyMom

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 126 post(s)
The biggest problem with a dark shirt is similar to painting a light color over a dark paint. It may take several coats to cover. If you want a distressed look then using a white on black would work well. Dark shirts are just a pain. The heat viynl looks like a ton of fun for an Elmo. Hope you have fun with your new Yudu. Give yourself some time, there's a learning curve involved. This is not an 'use out of the box' toy. This is a 'take your time and work into more complicated projects' toy.
 2 users thanked NewfyMom for this useful post.
MariaReyes1 on 9/28/2010(UTC), luvmyE&G on 9/30/2010(UTC)