Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

christiegriffith13b604c5 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:06:51 PM(UTC)
christiegriffith13b604c5

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

I was not aware that you could only hook up to two computers but my laptop cord broke so I had to use other ones while I waited for a replacement cord. Today my cord came in but when I tried to cut CCR will not allow me because it has been authorized on two other computers. This makes NO sense because I first used the machine on my laptop. Is there anyway I can UNauthorize the other computers so I can use it on laptop again??? I don't even see a way to log into my account or settings. And Obviously Cricut did not warn that this would happen when I hooked it to the other computers. They seem to do everything they can to make their products unusable. I am so frustrated with this machine and lack of customer support.

If anyone can help it will be great. If anyone knows for sure that this is not possible please let me know so I can go buy another brand to get this finished this weekend!

Thank you
 1 user thanked christiegriffith13b604c5 for this useful post.
mollieabigelow297604df on 12/9/2012(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:16:55 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19106 time(s) in 8537 post(s)
It's true you can only have two computers that have the cutting authorization. The info is in the user agreement when you first create your CCR account. If you cut from the laptop initially, I'm not sure why it's not one of your two computers. If you never cut from the laptop, then the two computers you did cut from are the ones with cutting authorization listed on your CCR account.

Since CS is closed on the weekends, the only thing I can think of that you could do is create another account {using a different email address} on cricut.com and then create a CCR account from that. BUT, any digital images/carts that you bought under your current account won't be available to you and you'll want to insert the actual cart to be able to cut {and not link them} from the new CCR account. Don't link anything to the new account and on Monday, have PC change your authorized cutting computers.

Good luck!
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
christiegriffith13b604c5 on 11/17/2012(UTC)
christiegriffith13b604c5 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:19:19 PM(UTC)
christiegriffith13b604c5

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thank You Thank You thank You! This worked. Since I was making a custom design out of basic shapes I didn't have to mess with the cartridges.

Will get me by until Monday!