Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

dldx29c949b7f Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:14:40 PM(UTC)
dldx29c949b7f

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone! I'm new to CCR and Cricut in general. I want to do the WINTER WONDERLAND VINYL WALL DÉCOR on my cricut expression. I am a bit confused as how to size it..so that all layers will be the right size. I didnt want to experiment and waste any vinyl. So I am coming to you all!
I have the CCR file ready to go I can see all the layers in my craft room. but was unsure as to what came next...does layer 1 cut first? I assume so but... if I want 3.5 inch letters...what size will the snowflakes and florish be..? the same? I may be overtninking it Flapper

Thanks for any input!

CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 5:29:27 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8141 time(s) in 4768 post(s)
You will be prompted as to which mat layer to cut first when you hit CUT. You'll see arrows at the bottom of the CCR screen in the CUT mode that will designate how many mat layers you have on your project. (Be sure to not confuse mat layers with layers of your project).

You can use RELATIVE DIAL SIZE for all the cuts to cut in proportion to one another. ALSO, you can designate the size you want your main image to be in the tab across the bottom in CCR when you're designing/bringing in your images BEFORE you start laying images on the mat.

Now, if you want to change the size of snowflakes or other items that don't requre layers, merely click on the snowflake/image you want to change the size of and get the handles. Left click on the bottom right corner arrow and holding left click down, drag in or out the size you want your snowflake/s/images/s/!

CAUTION: When you hit CUT and arrow over to which layer you want to CUT first (let's say you go to mat layer three and you already have the mat in your computer with the papers on that you want to CUT on mat layer three), be careful to make sure the third layer remains before you hit the final CUT, after you insert your cartridges. I have started cutting more than once and the mat layer has reverted back to a mat layer I don't want to cut, as yet. There are good reasons for why it does that, but I'm not smart enough/fast enough to keep it from happening! LOL.

HTH.

Char

Edited by user Saturday, November 17, 2012 5:32:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dldx29c949b7f Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:25:36 PM(UTC)
dldx29c949b7f

Groups: Registered

I see, thanks for clarifying that for me. I'm so excited to get started! ThumpUp