Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cricaholic Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 12:09:57 AM(UTC)
cricaholic

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1202 time(s) in 683 post(s)
I've seen a lot of nice craftrooms on this MB and on the internet(always looking for inspiration/organization) and yeah, someday I'll have a craftroom like that.. but yours has really stuck with me for some reason. My "SOMEDAY" has become TODAY!! well really a few days ago but anyway..I have started purging and cleaning and reorganizing my crafting area. Which consists of a bunch of shelves which contain a lot of different shapes and sizes of plastic containers to store all my crafts...ThumbDown oh yeah, real UGLY but it was organized!!
ThumpUp JETMAX cubes are what I need they look ALOT NICER!!!
So THANK YOU!! for INSPIREING ME to FINALLY make someday TODAY!!!! THANK YOU Smile
kaleidoscope Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 7:15:28 AM(UTC)
kaleidoscope

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 195 post(s)
Laugh The cubes do look nice but I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on them. Especially on furniture made of particle board.
Just about everything in my area is salvaged, scavenged, repurposed, or recycled. I figure even if it can't be pretty it could at least be useful. Laugh

I do admire a pretty room though. *sigh*
kimk. Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 11:46:32 AM(UTC)
kimk.

Was thanked: 153 time(s) in 78 post(s)
You are so funny!! I think the reason my room has stuck with you is because the bright yellow walls have been permanently etched into your retinas! LOL

I really like the Jetmax cubes. They hold a lot, are fairly sturdy for being particle board, and aren't *too* expensive if you get them on sale or with a coupon. They are more expensive than say the Expedit from IKEA, but you can buy a few at a time and also rearrange them into a configuration that works for you. That is importnat to me since I have such a funky space to work with. Being in the basement, the ceiling is lower by the walls due to ducts or beams or whatever they are - the cubes allow me to fill the space with as much storage as possible. I have a lot of stuff so storage is good!

I also like them because they aren't fancy. I'm a casual person so the white suits me just fine. I see some BEAUTIFUL rooms and am in awe, but I don't think I could work in a beautiful, fancy room. I would be afraid of messing it up! LOL

You'll have to post pics of your space!! BigGrin
cricaholic Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:45:35 AM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1202 time(s) in 683 post(s)
Cool It's not bright yellow....IT"S SUNNY YELLOW!!! I mellow with yellow!!!BigGrin
Your right though, its the yellow walls and the white cubes!!! Gives your room a CRISP/Clean LOOK!!!
kaleidoscope - I've been following "Show me Your jetmax cubes" thread from the ol MB for about a year and I thought the same thing....but last week I finally decided to give it a try and WOW!!! it ain't no cheapy particle board, these cubes are really nice and STURDY!!! Michaels has a coupon every week and I'll get me a cube with a coupon.. I don't need a lot of them (maybe 6) cause I have a crafting area and not a room. SLOWLY but surely I'll get it done...Smile
Laugh Speaking of cubes, I have 2 coupons so I'll drag my son with me and see what M's has.....Laugh Laugh
kaleidoscope Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 6:05:25 AM(UTC)
kaleidoscope

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 195 post(s)
Even at the half off price of $15 each, it adds up too fast. They do make a room look nice though! (oh, and I guess it's not particle board - it's MDF) I like to see the different configurations people have done and how they look. Google it and click images. Laugh
Ms_Dee Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 5:47:03 AM(UTC)
Ms_Dee

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 56 post(s)
I like the cubes too...But I went with the IKEA Expedit systems and a couple of weeks ago I had my cabinets and countertop put in on the last 9' wall I had left in my scrapspace....And I am loving it...I have to clean it up first and then I'll update my Scrapbookroom pics......

I like the Jetmaxx cubes and want them in black...I know M's had them in Black for a second...but I guess they did not sale- so they did not carry them for long....I do have my Stamps in plastic container towers that I could change out.....Just can't get the Jetmaxx's in Black.....I bet a wall of white Jetmaxx wouldn't look so bad in my room of Ebony Ikea Shelving systems...(Thinking out loud..)Hhhmmmm.....You all have me thinking now.....

Alecia Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 10:36:37 AM(UTC)
Alecia

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Congrats!!