Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cgarmon00164b9e90f Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 7:48:04 AM(UTC)
cgarmon00164b9e90f

Groups: Registered

Hey ya'll! My husband just bought me the CE2 for my birthday and so i am jsut getting started using it. Can someone help explain to me what you need and the actual process of how to cut fabric? Also how do you adhere it to like a onesie or a burp cloth? You cannot do like a traditional monogram with it can you?
SusanNorthofChicago Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 7:58:00 AM(UTC)
SusanNorthofChicago

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
My suggestion would be to check out YouTube videos - searching for fabric and cricut.

There is also a great video using the Pazzles with fabric - similar machine, same cutting concept.
cgarmon00164b9e90f Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 11:37:36 AM(UTC)
cgarmon00164b9e90f

I have watched them, but they all use different stuff to adhere it to the onsie. Does anyone have any recomendations as to what has worked best for them?
LilMsG Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 5:07:59 PM(UTC)
LilMsG

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I use my E2 90% of the time to cut fabric. I make and sell childrens customs clothes. Here is how I use it.

I use fabric quarters (found in quilting section at Joann's) or 100% cotton fabric.
I iron fabric onto Heat & Bond - the Ultra hold.
I place the fabric with the heat & bond on the cutting mat (I mostly leave paper on but have also cut with paper off).

E2 settings
Blade at 6
Pressure High
Speed (changes depending on what I am cutting - if cut has little detail I cut at a high speed, the more detail the cut the slower the speed.

Once cut I iron onto the Onesie. I always sew a zig-zag stitch around the design. Since my clothes are for children I want to ensure design does not come off. I also want to ensure they look as professional as possible.

Hope this helps. Please PM me if I can be of further assistance.
♪♫*Stacy*♫♪ Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:00:22 AM(UTC)
♪♫*Stacy*♫♪

Was thanked: 339 time(s) in 169 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LilMsG Go to Quoted Post
I use my E2 90% of the time to cut fabric. I make and sell childrens customs clothes. Here is how I use it.

I use fabric quarters (found in quilting section at Joann's) or 100% cotton fabric.
I iron fabric onto Heat & Bond - the Ultra hold.
I place the fabric with the heat & bond on the cutting mat (I mostly leave paper on but have also cut with paper off).

E2 settings
Blade at 6
Pressure High
Speed (changes depending on what I am cutting - if cut has little detail I cut at a high speed, the more detail the cut the slower the speed.

Once cut I iron onto the Onesie. I always sew a zig-zag stitch around the design. Since my clothes are for children I want to ensure design does not come off. I also want to ensure they look as professional as possible.

Hope this helps. Please PM me if I can be of further assistance.

Do you have any issues with sewing through it and it messing up your needle/machine/fabric?? (like making the needle gummy??) I've always been told NOT to sew through Ultra? Also, do you put the H&B side face down on the mat or the fabric side face down? The youtube vids show to put the H&B towards the mat, but you mentioned to keeping the paper on so not sure which way works better.

I know the Steam a Seam doesn't work well like Youtube vids show... it always moves around when the paper shifts and screw up the cut. I've been hesitant to try the Ultra because of the issue I mentioned above, but if you say it's probably OK, I'll give it a try.

LilMsG Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:12:50 PM(UTC)
LilMsG

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I have discovered that when I use fabric softner sheets as fusible web when I am sewing the zig zag around the design it stops the needle from becoming gummy. Its a less expensive alternative and make the clothes smell good.

I place the Ultra Heat & Bond face down on the Mat. Sometimes I keep the paper on and sometimes I peel the paper off.