Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

rob.sells09dbe7e0 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:41:36 PM(UTC)
rob.sells09dbe7e0

Groups: Registered

I have just received my new cricut mini and downloaded craft room and connected it up and it worked fine for a short time , I had cut out the thank you card twice and a full page of tags (about 30 tags) a small box , then for some reason the cutter would not cut through the card, and it started ripping it i altered all the settings and tried every one still no different has anybody else had this problem surely it cannot be the blade not this short of a time, is there a way of resetting the machine like there is on the other cricut machine, hope someone can help thanksAngry
MaryStillman Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 4:49:38 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1241 time(s) in 788 post(s)
Did you get this fixed? I had something similar happen to me and it was because there was paper stuck in the blade. I unscrewed the blade housing and there was lots of paper stuck to the blade. I pulled it off with a tweezer.

Also, check to make sure your blade housing is screwed in all the way and not loose.

If nothing works, then call customer service.

Mary
crafteechic Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 10:17:13 AM(UTC)
crafteechic

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
thanks for this advice. i have had my mini for a few weeks and i've made quite a few cuts, but some paper tears and some doesn't or i'll have to double cut most things. i was cutting something and the blade did the tango with some black paper so i'm betting that's why my blade is acting funny. never thought about unscrewing the housing unit.
Originally Posted by: MaryStillman Go to Quoted Post
Did you get this fixed? I had something similar happen to me and it was because there was paper stuck in the blade. I unscrewed the blade housing and there was lots of paper stuck to the blade. I pulled it off with a tweezer.

Also, check to make sure your blade housing is screwed in all the way and not loose.

If nothing works, then call customer service.

Mary

Edited by user Monday, December 03, 2012 10:17:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified