Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Khrista Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:12:08 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2507 time(s) in 1395 post(s)
Ok.. I'm just dink donking as I call it on the messageboard. I *really* should be putting together a training I'm doing next week for a bunch of staff but am procrastinating. BigGrin This forum has sadly been dying a slow death since Provo announced the no longer continuing to make the Imagine. etc. etc.

So, I know there are Imagine users out there. I thought I'd just start a chat thread up.

What's everyone working on? I need to get cranking on Christmas cards. :) I want to make some Christmas tags this year. I did a few last year.

I'm on survival mode the next 3 weeks as I teach and it get's crazy this time of the year. It's like the last week of school, but for 3 weeks :)

So what are the rest of you up to?
:)Khrista
LenoreSovereign Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:00:12 AM(UTC)
LenoreSovereign

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 26 post(s)
I finished Christmas cards for a shop I wholesale them to and mailed them out (two times) I made file folders to hold 5 X 5 papers. I am printing all of the pattern and palate papers and need one folder for each cartridge. Working on Country Carnival now. Being ble to see the papers in this size is so helpful.
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:03:27 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7813 time(s) in 3647 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LenoreSovereign Go to Quoted Post
I finished Christmas cards for a shop I wholesale them to and mailed them out (two times) I made file folders to hold 5 X 5 papers. I am printing all of the pattern and palate papers and need one folder for each cartridge. Working on Country Carnival now. Being ble to see the papers in this size is so helpful.

What size are you cutting your samples at Lenore?

At the moment my Imagine is being used as a bench to hold my mail! But that's only because I've been giving my E2 a big workout! I like to share the love between my machines. Smile
Al Sposeto Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:11:46 AM(UTC)
Al Sposeto

Italy

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 40 post(s)
BigGrin I'm still around, just haven't been on the board in a while, I got tired of reading all the negative junk and all the threats. I poped on tonite to see if things had cooled down. Glad to see not all is negative. Hope y'all have a good day.
Ciao Y'allBigGrin BigGrin
scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:16:14 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18934 time(s) in 8449 post(s)
Like with most of the "product" forums, I think people only come to them if they have questions or problems or they are mad about something and need to vent. Otherwise, they are happily crafting away and some of them will take the time to post their projects in the "craft" forums. . .although some don't even post there. Huh
karenwalls Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:05:17 PM(UTC)
karenwalls

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am here... loving my imagine.... making lots of cards... but I have to say... I don't know how to upload them to the site.... lol... I post them all in the forum I run.. on facebook... I rave about my imagine... as I think its a great machine... I am that bad.. that I have someone looking to buy one with the bits I have been making.... lol
soo instructions on how to upload a pic from my comp to the site would be helpful... I even went on the cartridge bit to see what had been posted on there... and not a lot.. I have not long getting most my imagine cartridges... as I wanted them before they sold out and ran out of cartridges... I need buccaneer... and some others to complete the all the ones I need.... lol...
hope all the imagine creators come back out to play.... and blow the negative vibe away....
Narelle Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:02:25 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7813 time(s) in 3647 post(s)
Originally Posted by: karenwalls Go to Quoted Post
I am here... loving my imagine.... making lots of cards... but I have to say... I don't know how to upload them to the site.... lol... I post them all in the forum I run.. on facebook... I rave about my imagine... as I think its a great machine... I am that bad.. that I have someone looking to buy one with the bits I have been making.... lol
soo instructions on how to upload a pic from my comp to the site would be helpful... I even went on the cartridge bit to see what had been posted on there... and not a lot.. I have not long getting most my imagine cartridges... as I wanted them before they sold out and ran out of cartridges... I need buccaneer... and some others to complete the all the ones I need.... lol...
hope all the imagine creators come back out to play.... and blow the negative vibe away....

There's a couple of different ways you can upload your photos. Here's some info on both: http://myfaqcricutds.blogspot.c...tos-to-messageboard.html

For the second method, it's possible you might be able to grab the image link from your Facebook page instead of having to use Photobucket.
Khrista Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:03:01 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

I love seeing the papers printed out too. I was good for the first half of all the cartridges and then have not kept up :( I did 3x3" squares, hole punched and put them on a big ring to hang up under a shelf. Maybe will catch up one of these days, or just use the paper for projects LOL 5x5 is a great size although I'd be tempted to grab one out and use it for a project, then forget to remake it :)

lol @ mail holder. I've been using my mini a lot lately just due to the nature of what I've needed to get done. I wish they'd made it a 12x12" size though is all. Compact like it is, but bigger. Oh well, I still wuv it.

Pictures - Click on the 'attach files to this post' before you go to post. Then it'll take you to the next screen where you can browse your computer to upload the picture you want. Some people use photobucket etc. I just pull them off of my computer. Depending how big they are depends whether it shows in the message as a picture or a file people can d/l to see.

I pulled my sewing machine out last night. I have to switch some to my other hobby of quilting/sewing this Christmas season. My poor floor in my craftroom will either have paper bits or thread pieces! LOL LOL LOL

LenoreSovereign Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:00:38 PM(UTC)
LenoreSovereign

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Narelle I have been cutting them at 5 X 5 and then making little file folders a ;ittle bigger. Have about 19 carts done and close to that many to make. It is so worth it when I am doing cards or los.
moms2cool8f4336db Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 1:23:11 PM(UTC)
moms2cool8f4336db

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi, I am new to the boards, I have the Imagine as well as the first Expression and the new Expression 2 still in the box. Not sure if I should keep or not. Any opinions I would appreciate them.
We just did 200 invitations to the H.S. Holiday Ball for Chorus. It was a lot of work, but they turned out beautiful.

Now I am working on holiday gifts. Doing a book on our vacation this summer for each of my 3 girls. we went to Paris, Israel, and Rome. So it was a blast.

I have had my Imagine for a year, but I have been very ill so I am new to using it. I want to know if they will keep making ink and cartridges? And for how long? Does anyone have information about this?

Nice to join all of you. Take care. I will visit again soon.
BJR Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 7:59:31 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
The inks have not been made for awhile- if you can find them they will have had expired dates on them, but many say they are still good. PC finally said that the I will take other ink carts- first they recommended HP 97 & 98, then added 134, 344, 129, 377, but you need to update your machine to use them. I wish they would support us with more supplies. BJR.
LysaAlvarez Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 2:23:21 PM(UTC)
LysaAlvarez

Hi. I love the imagine. I went to put in on last night to start working on my christmas cards and it is frozen on the pain screen with the print. cut. imagine. Won't go any further. I tried connecting it to the computer as I type and it says that it's not connected to plug it in and turn in on. Any ideas? So sad because I love this machine. I've only used it maybe 5-6 times so this is disappointing to me. Hope there's a fix?
Khrista Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:08:38 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: moms2cool8f4336db Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I am new to the boards, I have the Imagine as well as the first Expression and the new Expression 2 still in the box. Not sure if I should keep or not. Any opinions I would appreciate them.
We just did 200 invitations to the H.S. Holiday Ball for Chorus. It was a lot of work, but they turned out beautiful.

Now I am working on holiday gifts. Doing a book on our vacation this summer for each of my 3 girls. we went to Paris, Israel, and Rome. So it was a blast.

I have had my Imagine for a year, but I have been very ill so I am new to using it. I want to know if they will keep making ink and cartridges? And for how long? Does anyone have information about this?

Nice to join all of you. Take care. I will visit again soon.

Wow! That's a lot of invitations! Would love to see what you made. :) They started to make mats that will work with the original Expression, E2 and Imagine. Long as it has the black lines on it you're good. They put the ink, as someone else mentioned, that'll work. It's just an HP printer. No one knows about the archivial factor though is all.

Cartridges - up in the air. No one knows :( There was a mixed response from PC in the main chat forum. They may do so digitally it looks like, but CCR is spotty in working with the Imagine.

HTH
Khrista Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:12:16 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: LysaAlvarez Go to Quoted Post
Hi. I love the imagine. I went to put in on last night to start working on my christmas cards and it is frozen on the pain screen with the print. cut. imagine. Won't go any further. I tried connecting it to the computer as I type and it says that it's not connected to plug it in and turn in on. Any ideas? So sad because I love this machine. I've only used it maybe 5-6 times so this is disappointing to me. Hope there's a fix?

That's one I'd call PC on. The computer might not be registering it as it may need the drivers. You can try to install those via CCR. Try a different USB port also if you haven't done so and make sure you don't have a firewall interferring.

ScottieMom Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 11:51:28 AM(UTC)
ScottieMom

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 294 time(s) in 119 post(s)
I just made this simple Christmas card on my Imagine. Used the Word Collage cartridge-changed the color to gold for the lettering and just printed it at 4.2 inches. Then I printed a 12 X 12 sheet of the same gold color and cut the Crown oblong frame shadow at 6.25 from Elegant Edges. Then used cream cardstock for the top layer. Embossed with Mistletoe Kisses and Holly Ribbons folders.

1 user thanked ScottieMom for this useful post.
joshuabonnett3c78d968 on 12/7/2012(UTC)
Kris Dietz Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 12:11:58 PM(UTC)
Kris Dietz

United States

Was thanked: 261 time(s) in 227 post(s)
ScottieMom -- your card is gorgeous! Love all the detail. TFS.
Kris Dietz Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 12:18:30 PM(UTC)
Kris Dietz

United States

Was thanked: 261 time(s) in 227 post(s)
I am planning on using my Imagine this weekend with my niece and nephew. We have been working on the glitter ornaments and will be using the Imagine to decorate them. We are also making some decorative plates and will be using the printable vinyl to decorate.

I have been using my Imagine for cuts with various cartridges but haven't used the printing much in the past few weeks.

I wish there would be more cartridges for the Imagine. I absolutely love it! We got one for my niece (11 years old) for Christmas because she loved mine so much. Can't wait to see what she comes up with.

Kris
Khrista Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 8:46:20 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

[quote=ScottieMom;1613291]I just made this simple Christmas card on my Imagine. Used the Word Collage cartridge-changed the color to gold for the lettering and just printed it at 4.2 inches. Then I printed a 12 X 12 sheet of the same gold color and cut the Crown oblong frame shadow at 6.25 from Elegant Edges. Then used cream cardstock for the top layer. Embossed with Mistletoe Kisses and Holly Ribbons folders.
quote]

Wow! Gorgeous! I always forget about using Word Collage on the Imagine. Have yet to use it at all :) I'm seeing some use with that one maybe this weekend. :) Gorgeous embossing too.

TFS!