Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

KarenGriffin1 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:50:25 AM(UTC)
KarenGriffin1

Groups: Registered

Angry When I try to update my gypsy I get a "A new version of sync is available. Sync will restart when update is complete." When I click OK, a green bar appears & appears to be updating.

Problem is: I let it go all night & it is the exact same in the morning.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???? PLEASE HELP. THANKS.
Scrapzalot Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 7:08:50 PM(UTC)
Scrapzalot

United States

Sounds like a problem I had when I first got Cricut Sync. You may have to identify the cricut sites to your firewall or anti-virus software so it will allow the entire process to occur. Wish I could tell you how to do it. Confused I got help from the geek squad. Good luck.
largewally205c0244 Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 5:27:26 PM(UTC)
largewally205c0244

I had this same issue....crazy thing ran all night and then froze up! I had to go in a do a restore/reset on it.
So here's what worked for me....not sure if it's
"protocol" but I winged it and now everything is good. If your gypsy is still working, first backup your projects if you have any saved on your gypsy.
I could not do this because it was frozen and lost the few items I had saved.When you restore it deletes everything in your saved file.
No biggie, but it could be if you have lots of goodies already.
I then went in and deleted/uninstalled all the cricut software from my computer ~ CCR and Sync. Then emptied the
garbage and restarted the whole system. I work on a Mac, so I went back to Cricut.com and downloaded the appropriate
current versions. Got all the software in place and working, then started the Sync process all over. It took about an hour or so for the
new Sync to run. But all my carts are now showing back up. No projects, as they were deleted in the restore process.

However, I still do not have my individual images showing up! Where do they appear once downloaded?

Hope this helps!