Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Karen Beattie Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 5:38:35 AM(UTC)
Karen Beattie

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I was trying to calibrate my imagine, YET AGAIN. As usual, it didn't want to calibrate so lord knows how much ink I went through in addition to 10 pieces of paper. Well, I finally got it to calibrate and the shapes on the bottom of the paper were finally cutting correctly. Miracle of miracles!!! I was ready to get to work, or so I thought....

I got my cuts ready (no CCR), I hit cut and went to load a mat to start. The stupid machine won't load a mat now, it just goes back to the screen for the image settings. I tried over and over and it refuses to cooperate!!! The rollers move for about 5 seconds but it doesn't pull the mat in! GRRRRRR!!!! I did update CCR, my E2 and Imagine a few days ago before I started working on anything so it was done.

This really is ridiculous! I swear I have had nothing but problems with this thing from day 1!
Khrista Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 7:09:48 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2509 time(s) in 1397 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Karen Beattie Go to Quoted Post
I was trying to calibrate my imagine, YET AGAIN. As usual, it didn't want to calibrate so lord knows how much ink I went through in addition to 10 pieces of paper. Well, I finally got it to calibrate and the shapes on the bottom of the paper were finally cutting correctly. Miracle of miracles!!! I was ready to get to work, or so I thought....

I got my cuts ready (no CCR), I hit cut and went to load a mat to start. The stupid machine won't load a mat now, it just goes back to the screen for the image settings. I tried over and over and it refuses to cooperate!!! The rollers move for about 5 seconds but it doesn't pull the mat in! GRRRRRR!!!! I did update CCR, my E2 and Imagine a few days ago before I started working on anything so it was done.

This really is ridiculous! I swear I have had nothing but problems with this thing from day 1!

What cartridge is it that you're using in the machine?
Karen Beattie Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 7:47:59 PM(UTC)
Karen Beattie

I've tried Snow Angel and Santas Village. The machine thinks it's already loaded, cut and spit the mat out but never even pulls the mat forward.
Khrista Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 12:46:21 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: Karen Beattie Go to Quoted Post
I've tried Snow Angel and Santas Village. The machine thinks it's already loaded, cut and spit the mat out but never even pulls the mat forward.

Hm.. so probably not the cartridges. Wonder if your mat has gotten scratched or something where it doesn't want to read it. Pretty much the only time I have mat issues is when I need to use a new mat as somethings happened to the black line or it's curled up on the sides too much. Did you already try a new mat to see if that was the case? Maybe double check your ink levels too.

:)Khrista
moms2cool8f4336db Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 1:18:14 PM(UTC)
moms2cool8f4336db

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This may sound silly but the other day I had same problem and stupid me suddenly realized I was using my Expression mat not my imagine. Switched mat , problem solved.
Karen Beattie Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 6:54:14 PM(UTC)
Karen Beattie

Khrista:
It had been a while since I had used it. I had to change both cartridges by the time I got the heads completely cleaned and aligned.

I was resusing a mat I had used during the many times that I had to do the advanced calibration because everything on the bottom half of the page was cutting outside the borders. I'll try an unused mat and see if it makes a difference.

moms2cool8f4336db:
Unfortunately that isn't the problem. It was an imagine mat I was using. The only green expression mats I have left I use as craft mats while I'm working with the cuts from the machine.

I'm telling you this machine has been a headache since day one. It didn't work right out of the box. The new one from PC worked but then I started having problems with the black cartridges leaking. And don't get me started on the constant calibration issues with it! It seems like every other time I use it I have to calibrate it. It is the most frustrating machine I have ever dealt with!

But I do love my E2 just like I loved my expression, that works like a charm! I have been using it constantly for the last few days since my imagine is once again a paperweight on my desk.

Thanks,
Karen

pvmax3c5bba6e2 Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 7:06:18 PM(UTC)
pvmax3c5bba6e2

hey, don't worry I can not even get my imagine to power up!!!!! Any ideas? Anybody? VirginiaMad
Karen Beattie Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 8:35:55 PM(UTC)
Karen Beattie

Originally Posted by: pvmax3c5bba6e2 Go to Quoted Post
hey, don't worry I can not even get my imagine to power up!!!!! Any ideas? Anybody? VirginiaMad

Unplug the cord, blow into the plug itself and the hole on the machine. Make sure the power supply plugged in tight and try and power it up again. Also try pluggin it into another outlet and see if it works. This machine is so finicky that it wouldn't surprise me one bit!
pvmax3c5bba6e2 Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 9:09:12 PM(UTC)
pvmax3c5bba6e2

Tried blowing in everything! Still is not working. Ordered power cord. How this works. Have not heard from the support team after several attempts to contact them.
Khrista Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 9:16:44 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: pvmax3c5bba6e2 Go to Quoted Post
Tried blowing in everything! Still is not working. Ordered power cord. How this works. Have not heard from the support team after several attempts to contact them.

That seems odd that you can't reach them. There are known power cord issues, so odds are that's the problem.

CricutGena Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 9:06:03 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
pvmax3c5bba6e2, We would love to help you with your Imagine through Customer Service. Please call us at 877-7cricut. This is the best and most efficient way to get your Imagine up and running!
-PCgena
pvmax3c5bba6e2 Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 8:54:31 PM(UTC)
pvmax3c5bba6e2

Finally after I ordered a power cord my cricut imagine will turn on. I am really surprised by this. I have hardly used this machine. I did try to contact customer support but, found it difficult to reach them. After reading online I decided to try and order the power cord. Cost about $17.00. I do not understand this as the machine was very expensive. If cricut knew of this problem why do they not send out replacement power cords to all people that registered their cricut imagine?
kristenongstad0f0c8624 Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 9:07:20 PM(UTC)
kristenongstad0f0c8624

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just got an Imagine and super excited! Can't even make one cut. It will not pull the mat into the machine. Says undetected. Brand new mat, not covering up the black lines, no curling. When it finally does pull the mat through it goes straight out the back.

Please help!
Narelle Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 10:29:48 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7858 time(s) in 3675 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kristenongstad0f0c8624 Go to Quoted Post
Just got an Imagine and super excited! Can't even make one cut. It will not pull the mat into the machine. Says undetected. Brand new mat, not covering up the black lines, no curling. When it finally does pull the mat through it goes straight out the back.

Please help!

First up... have you run all the Imagine updates?

And are you using it alone or with CCR? If you're using it with CCR will it work as a standalone?