Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

island_mame Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 5:23:00 PM(UTC)
island_mame

Groups: Registered

So I just upgraded to the Expression2. I went to use DS and it doesn't recognize it. What all do I need to do to get them to work together?

Also, I have tried to update my E2 and after my E2 has restarted, there is a window on my computer that says it's still working. Is this normal? I have left it all night and same window still going :/ You can see jumbled letters that look to appear to be files going by and it says that it is still working.

Can anyone help me?
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 6:04:38 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7858 time(s) in 3675 post(s)
Originally Posted by: island_mame Go to Quoted Post
So I just upgraded to the Expression2. I went to use DS and it doesn't recognize it. What all do I need to do to get them to work together?

Also, I have tried to update my E2 and after my E2 has restarted, there is a window on my computer that says it's still working. Is this normal? I have left it all night and same window still going :/ You can see jumbled letters that look to appear to be files going by and it says that it is still working.

Can anyone help me?

The E2 isn't compatible with Design Studio. You'll need to use either a Gypsy or Cricut Craft Room to design and cut with if you don't want to use the machine as a standalone.

When you say you updated the E2... did you use Cricut Sync to do that?
island_mame Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 6:19:04 PM(UTC)
island_mame

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
The E2 isn't compatible with Design Studio. You'll need to use either a Gypsy or Cricut Craft Room to design and cut with if you don't want to use the machine as a standalone.

When you say you updated the E2... did you use Cricut Sync to do that?

Well that super sucks! Wish I knew that before I upgraded to the E2 Glare But thank you for clarifing that for me...I appreciate it.

Yes, I was using the Cricut Sync.
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 6:40:23 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7858 time(s) in 3675 post(s)
Cricut Sync does sometimes get stuck after it's finished the update. Just exit out of it.

You can open it up again then and if everything went ok, it will tell you that your E2 is up to date.
SadieB Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 10:42:34 AM(UTC)
SadieB

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am I correct in understanding this thread?

I have recently purchased the E2 machine and have linked up my Design Studio Software to cut something that I have saved as a file and use on a regular basis and the computer has told me that there is no driver installed, I have done all the driver checks etc and its still not interested.
I then found this thread and understand that the E2 does not work with the CDS software?

If this correct, is there any way I can transfer my CDS files to the Craft Room software...I am going to cry if not.

Thank you for any help x

Edited by user Saturday, January 12, 2013 10:53:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricutGena Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 3:16:54 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SadieB Go to Quoted Post
I am I correct in understanding this thread?

I have recently purchased the E2 machine and have linked up my Design Studio Software to cut something that I have saved as a file and use on a regular basis and the computer has told me that there is no driver installed, I have done all the driver checks etc and its still not interested.
I then found this thread and understand that the E2 does not work with the CDS software?

If this correct, is there any way I can transfer my CDS files to the Craft Room software...I am going to cry if not.

Thank you for any help x

Hello Sadie- Yes, this is correct. The Expression 2 is not compatible with the Expression 2. If you do need to transfer files from Design Studio to Craft Room you will just need to export the file out of Design Studio and save it to your desktop. You can then import it into Cricut Craft Room. If you need additional help doing this please call customer support at 877-7cricut, we would be happy to assist you!

-Cricut Gena
 1 user thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
SadieB on 1/16/2013(UTC)
SadieB Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 8:26:17 AM(UTC)
SadieB

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thank you for your help, if you could let me know where I find the export button on Design Studio as I cannot readily see it.

I can find the import for the Craft Room software.

Thank you - SADIE X
DCDoll Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 9:55:57 PM(UTC)
DCDoll

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I'd like to know why there is no disclaimer stating that the E2 is not compatible with Design Studio. I have had my cricuts since forever. This past year, I treated myself to what I thought was an upgrade... To the E2, only to find out that I couldn't use my Design Studio software with it. I don't recall this being stated at the launch for the E2. I saved up to get one and now, it's just pretty useless for me.

SO..... WHAT'S BEING DONE???