Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

vphotoangelbf7da317 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 11:09:08 PM(UTC)
vphotoangelbf7da317

Groups: Registered

I am new to craft room and it was semi working ...it asked me to update firmware and now it's stuck at initializing..i've read all the recommendations to fix it but i am on a MAC ....does anyone know how to fix this?
♥Carol♥ Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 11:28:08 AM(UTC)
♥Carol♥

Was thanked: 2765 time(s) in 2202 post(s)
I see that you posted this 12 hours ago without a reply, and hopefully you've resolved the issue by now. I am not a CCR user, nor do I have a MAC, so I am not in a position to offer you a workable solution. However if your problem persists, I recommend calling Customer Service, they may be able to walk you through it so that the program is working properly for you.

I hope it is working for you soon!
jenniatonu Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 11:09:21 AM(UTC)
jenniatonu

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I don't have a mac, but I have this problem since downloading it on my new computer. The only thing that works for me:

Open as 'administrator'. It will sit on the initializing screen for awhile. Close out of the program.

Restart computer.

Re-open as administrator.

This usually works. I don't know why. I have to try to open the program first. EVERY TIME. I can't just restart and have it work. Weird.
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 7:58:19 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jenniatonu Go to Quoted Post
I don't have a mac, but I have this problem since downloading it on my new computer. The only thing that works for me:

Open as 'administrator'. It will sit on the initializing screen for awhile. Close out of the program.

Restart computer.

Re-open as administrator.

This usually works. I don't know why. I have to try to open the program first. EVERY TIME. I can't just restart and have it work. Weird.

jenni - You are probably logging on as GUEST and don't know it. Sometimes someone else will get on your computer and if they use the GUEST account, it might revert to that until the GUEST account is logged off and you tell the system to go into your ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT as default. I'm not sure how you tell on your machine; all three of mine are different. One clearly shows me if I'm logged on other than where I think I am. The other two don't.

Maybe someone else can help with this.

Char
jenniatonu Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 8:25:22 AM(UTC)
jenniatonu

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
jenni - You are probably logging on as GUEST and don't know it. Sometimes someone else will get on your computer and if they use the GUEST account, it might revert to that until the GUEST account is logged off and you tell the system to go into your ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT as default. I'm not sure how you tell on your machine; all three of mine are different. One clearly shows me if I'm logged on other than where I think I am. The other two don't.

Maybe someone else can help with this.

Char

I don't know exactly what you mean.

Our computer doesn't have a guest sccount set up. It's only has the one user account, and we never sign out of it.

Here's an example of the rediculousness that is CCR. Lets say I get CCR open. I make a few cuts, then log out of the program. I play around on the internet, and decide 10 minutes later to work in CCR again. I go back to the program, try to open it, and it locks up in the initilizing mode. I didn't even LEAVE the computer. Everytime I close the program, I can't log back in, without restarting the computer. And as I said, I have to try to open the program first.

So, same scenario. I use CCR, close out, and decide to do something else on the computer. I decide I want to use CCR again, so I go straight to restarting the computer. When I go to open CCR, it doesn't work.

I literally have to try to open the program, THEN restart for it to work. It's so finicky and annoying. I seriously HATE it.
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 7:45:15 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

jenni - Do you ever CLEAN OUT YOUR browsing history? If not, go up to TOOLS when you go into your browser and select DELETE BROWSING HISTORY. I checkmark everything. After that, turn off your computer and restart it. I would unplug your CRICUT machine from the hard drive (USB cord) before you turn off your computer. AFTER the computer reboots, then go ahead and plug in your CRICUT and turn it on.

See if you can CUT now. Start a NEW project with a simple image on it. If you have tried a number of times to CUT a project that won't cut, be sure you OWN all the cartridges you used on the project. Every now and then I get something in that I don't OWN. In that case, you will not get a CUT of your project.

Is your memory full on your computer? Do you use Internet Explorer? How much RAM do you have on your computer?

Sorry to ask so many things...but some of them might help you if we can figure out what your problem is.

Char
mom2001scrapper Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 8:28:31 PM(UTC)
mom2001scrapper

United States

Was thanked: 202 time(s) in 193 post(s)
I don't have a mac but I had this problem when I bought a new laptop recently. I called into support and found out it was my virus protection blocking the craftroom. They sent me directions on how to add craftroom as an exception to the program.

Give support a call and see if they can help you.

Julie
jenniatonu Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 4:56:10 AM(UTC)
jenniatonu

jenni - Do you ever CLEAN OUT YOUR browsing history? If not, go up to TOOLS when you go into your browser and select DELETE BROWSING HISTORY. I checkmark everything. After that, turn off your computer and restart it. I would unplug your CRICUT machine from the hard drive (USB cord) before you turn off your computer. AFTER the computer reboots, then go ahead and plug in your CRICUT and turn it on.

See if you can CUT now. Start a NEW project with a simple image on it. If you have tried a number of times to CUT a project that won't cut, be sure you OWN all the cartridges you used on the project. Every now and then I get something in that I don't OWN. In that case, you will not get a CUT of your project.

Is your memory full on your computer? Do you use Internet Explorer? How much RAM do you have on your computer?

Sorry to ask so many things...but some of them might help you if we can figure out what your problem is.

Char

I'm not trying to be mean, but did you even read my post? I can't LOG IN to the program. It has nothing to do with cutting, it's logging in. It's a BRAND NEW 1 week old, top-of-the-line computer. Which, is already a problem of it's own with the windows 8, since CCR doesn't work on it. You have to open it in compatability mode.

When I use my laptop, with the OLDER CCR on it, I had no problems. However, with my brand spanking new computer with the newest updated CCR, I can't LOG INTO the program without restarting my computer EVERY TIME I want to OPEN the program. Not a new file, not cut, just OPEN the program. It will not START.

I know I'm not the only one with this problem, as I've been all over the internet with it. The only consensus has been to keep restarting the computer everytime we want to open the desktop application.

Narelle Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 5:00:31 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7902 time(s) in 3704 post(s)
I'm not trying to be mean, but did you even read my post? I can't LOG IN to the program. It has nothing to do with cutting, it's logging in. It's a BRAND NEW 1 week old, top-of-the-line computer. Which, is already a problem of it's own with the windows 8, since CCR doesn't work on it. You have to open it in compatability mode.

When I use my laptop, with the OLDER CCR on it, I had no problems. However, with my brand spanking new computer with the newest updated CCR, I can't LOG INTO the program without restarting my computer EVERY TIME I want to OPEN the program. Not a new file, not cut, just OPEN the program. It will not START.

I know I'm not the only one with this problem, as I've been all over the internet with it. The only consensus has been to keep restarting the computer everytime we want to open the desktop application.

Have you changed the properties in the CCR icon to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode and to run as an administrator?

jenniatonu Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 11:27:39 AM(UTC)
jenniatonu

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Have you changed the properties in the CCR icon to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode and to run as an administrator?

Yes, I said this in my previous posts.

Literally, I change NOTHING to get it to open, just trying to reopen and then restarting the computer. Nothing else changes. I could literally close out the WORKING program, instantly go to re-open and it won't.

I instantly re-start computer, and try to re-open program and voila. Magic.

Also, as I said, this doesn't just happen to me. If you do a search on the internet, you will find this is a common problem and fix. No idea how or why.Glare

Edited by user Saturday, December 08, 2012 11:35:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 3:43:16 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

DID YOU READ YOUR POST? You said you could CUT and then you couldn't CUT!!! Sorry, I guess I read it wrong. HAVE YOU EVER GOTTEN BACK IN YET? To CUT?

Char
jenniatonu Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 4:43:58 PM(UTC)
jenniatonu

DID YOU READ YOUR POST? You said you could CUT and then you couldn't CUT!!! Sorry, I guess I read it wrong. HAVE YOU EVER GOTTEN BACK IN YET? To CUT?

Char

I just went back and re-read my post. I never said I couldn't cut. I said I could not log back into the program after I, like the OP, was stuck in "initilizing cricut" Which is what pops up before the log-in screen on the program.

Once I restart the computer, I'm allowed to open the program again. This only happens on my new computer, with the newest updated CCR.

My laptop with an older non-updated version of CCR works just fine.

As I said, I wasn't trying to be mean and I'm sorry if it came off that way, it just came off like you hadn't read my post at all, and it made me rather frustrated. I've already had PC basically say "sorry, there's no fix. Oh well." And then to have someone ask me if I even own the cartridges just rubbed me the wrong way. I also admit I'm much more moody, being that I'm 38 weeks pregnant and just mad at the world right now, too. I'm sorry if I came off as mean or harsh in my reply, that honestly was not my intent.
CricketCMV Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 9:35:44 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

When I first started in CCR, I did a few projects and placed images on my MAT that were from a few cartridges I didn't own. I hadn't realized I was using cartridges I didn't own, so when I went to CUT, naturally, I didn't get any cuts.

I was merely pointing out something that could be a problem for you.....but, I wasn't trying to make you feel bad if you made that mistake or trying to accuse you of not owning a cartridge and were trying to use it when you shouldn't use it. I have made the MISTAKE and I thought that might be something to look at, in case you might have made that mistake, too.

I need to slow down when reading the posts. Sometimes, you're reading so many things on here and you're just trying to get through the posts quickly.

Sorry you're not getting CCR to work for you. Maybe someone else will be able to help you.

Char

Edited by user Saturday, December 08, 2012 9:37:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified