Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

BarbaraPatch Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:02:34 PM(UTC)
BarbaraPatch

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
It is almost impossible to find the Gypsy on your website. When you do, it is out of stock. I have just emailed that Provo has lost me as a customer. First Provo has kept non-Provo software from being run on their machines: no way to do original designs any more. Then Provo promises for a year to be able to link cartridges on a Gypsy to the CCR. Based on the promise of Gypsy linking "coming soon," I thought I would wait until available. Well that was to no avail. I don't believe Provo intends to fulfill that promise. Then it looks as if Provo is dropping the Gypsy as it is almost impossible to find on their website. When you finally do, you find the Gypsy is "out of stock." I have just emailed Provo that they have lost me as a customer. I will be switching to another machine that accepts 3rd party software. I will continue to use the cartridges I have, my E2, and my Gypsy, but I will not be buying any more Provo products. And all Provo had to do to keep me was to do what they promised: linking Gypsy to CCR and continue to offer and support Gypsy as a product.
Gandicat Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:02:35 AM(UTC)
Gandicat

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I looked around on the web and found 2 places that carry it, buycheaper.com and cricut-xpress.com (I've used the 2nd one, they were a little cheaper for just the machine). Amazon has them too, but they are > $300.00 but include a number of preloaded cartridges. that seems to be the way they are coming because buycheaper had the same deal.

even if provocraft discontinues it, I'll still use mine. I've gotten to the point that I really don't cut anything without using it. I like the features of design studio better, but having to have the laptop with me is inconvenient when I'm not at home. CCR is in that same category, I don't like having to take a laptop with me when I go to a crop. Gypsy is great for that. I can't remember the last time I cut using just my machine (I have the original cricut).

having said this, my reaction to your question is buy one. If you use your machine a lot you will become addicted to using it fairly quickly. I'd go to cricut-xpress (mine came from there) and get just the machine and link your own carts to it (you could get the one with 50 carts preloaded, but you may not like the carts they have on it).

good luck!