Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Louly Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:41:21 PM(UTC)
Louly

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I had NOOOOOOO problems using my CCR back in like May.
Now I have tried upteen times to get this to work The update
sucks my husband was able to get it back to the older version but
then you cant sign on. This happened this past weekend . Sooo
I went to try in today same thing the old version wont allow you
to sign on it just sits there and does nothing the new version
just sits there and goes round and round and round Initailizing
I am already trying to sell one of my E's to go down to 1 and
go with"something" else This company yes I mean YOU people will be going out
of business very very soon. Don't put a product out that doesn't work. Free to use or not
it's fraud in my book.
Angry Cursing Cursing Angry
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:00:19 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18984 time(s) in 8482 post(s)
Well now, I'm not sure if you want us to help you {because there are a few things you might need to do} or if you just needed to vent {because then people will say I'm negating your feelings if I try to help resolve the issues}. So, if you want some troubleshooting tips, just say so.
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:39:07 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8072 time(s) in 4722 post(s)
It works for a lot of us and in my personal opinion, I think the company is doing just fine.

Maybe we can help you.....as Scrapalette says.

Can we try?

Char
CraftyJossie Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:05:39 PM(UTC)
CraftyJossie

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi I am a new Cricut owner and I just LOVE mine! I dont get a chance to log on much but decided to today to get to know some other crafters. Sorry you are having cricut problems! I do call the support line and the cust service has been really great.
 1 user thanked CraftyJossie for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 12/14/2012(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 8:39:01 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: jmichel20082f2374b1 Go to Quoted Post
Hi I am a new Cricut owner and I just LOVE mine! I dont get a chance to log on much but decided to today to get to know some other crafters. Sorry you are having cricut problems! I do call the support line and the cust service has been really great.

CraftyJossie - Why not check out the CRICUT CHAT forum. We would love to have you join us, share your projects, etc.!! Welcome to CRICUTLAND! We learn a lot over there, too!

Char
nleews17cefc64 Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 7:25:45 PM(UTC)
nleews17cefc64

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I agree that CCR is totally useless. I went to try and use it again today and it did an update, but still won't open. The "C" has been going around for 4 hours now "Initializing". I have really never gotten this program to work, but I keep trying. Maybe I need to go back to design studio. I use CCR on a laptop with Windows 7.
CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 11:19:40 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: nleews17cefc64 Go to Quoted Post
I agree that CCR is totally useless. I went to try and use it again today and it did an update, but still won't open. The "C" has been going around for 4 hours now "Initializing". I have really never gotten this program to work, but I keep trying. Maybe I need to go back to design studio. I use CCR on a laptop with Windows 7.

Can you tell us how much RAM you have on your laptop? I had a laptop I bought in 2005 that only had 506MB RAM on it. I know I could never try to use CCR on it.

Do you use Internet Explorer....if not, have you tried to download it on your computer? The requirements CCR gives is Internet Explorer is the one they recommend. That doesn't mean it won't work with other browsers?

How did you initally install CCR? Was it through a link PC sent to you via email? Or, did you go to cricut.com to download it, initially?

Have you ever tried to call ProvoCraft, to see if they can help you.

It should only take a few minutes for your download to "initialize". Your antivirus might be blocking the program, also.

I would call PC if you have tried a lot of other things that aren't working for you.

Sorry you're having problems getting it up and going.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Cricut Dani on 12/22/2012(UTC)
BrendaHill1 Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 11:38:57 AM(UTC)
BrendaHill1

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm having the same problem where the CCR program shows continuous screen with the Cricut logo that says "initializing Cricut Craft room". I use my gypsy and the Cricut design studi mostly. Thought I would try out some of the advertized "free designs" in CCR, but can't get past this screen. I've uninstalled, reinstalled program several times today. Started and restarted my computer to no avail. I've spent many hours in the past with updated previous cricut machines and don't have the patients to waste more days trying to get the CCR to work for me. I love the Cricut. I have all versions of this machine (except the Cricut Create). I love using it for may applications of crafting. However, I'll try back some time next spring or summer, maybe for using the CCR. Hopefully, kinks will be worked out.

Good Luck.
sandrasellman Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 11:53:35 AM(UTC)
sandrasellman

Can someone help me? I used CCR for the first time this morngin and loved it. Now I can't get it to open. I click the link on my desktop, i click agree to the question and nothing happens. Please help???
CricketCMV Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 5:24:10 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: sandrasellman Go to Quoted Post
Can someone help me? I used CCR for the first time this morngin and loved it. Now I can't get it to open. I click the link on my desktop, i click agree to the question and nothing happens. Please help???

What question are you agreeing to?

Char
robyncannd178bf18 Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 8:45:48 PM(UTC)
robyncannd178bf18

I used CCR at Thanksgiving time and thought it was brilliant!!! I was thrilled to death. NOW..I logged on, did a project and came back a bit later and tried to open CCR again and it will not, no matter what I do, open. It has been initializing for hours! And yes, I have plenty of RAM and yes, I have the latest version. If you have not had this problem, you have no idea how maddening it is.

Just got the Expression 2 for my Christmas gift (hubby gave to me early) and I find it very cumbersome. Touch screen is funky. That's why I was so very thrilled with the CCR.

And YES, I do want help. Otherwise the machine goes back to the store. :-(

Huh
CricketCMV Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 9:09:55 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I think you ALL really need to take the time to call ProvoCraft Customer Service and get your answers. Really, everyone has so many different scenarios (machines they're using, browsers they use, security they use, etc.)! If you don't get satisfaction, ask for a supervisor and stay with them until you get the answers you need.

Believe me, it is as frustrating for us to hear those of you with all your problems as it is for you to know many of us are able to use our products almost trouble-free. We really do want everyone else to be able to use theirs, too.

GIVE PC A CALL.....at your very earliest convenience. Stick with it until you get your answers or just keep asking for someone else. You may not get the answers you want, but at least you will KNOW whether or not you will ever be able to do what you want to do with PC's products. OR, it may be something really simple you haven't thought of...and you'll be on your way to crafting before you know it.

Good luck! Let us know if you get your problems resolved.

Char

Edited by user Sunday, December 16, 2012 9:11:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Louly Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 6:15:39 AM(UTC)
Louly

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I was venting alot it seems. I was really frustrated that day SorrySad Thanks for listening. I will call PC after the holidays I am not in desparate need to use it now and they need to walk me thru with a new code for DS it was originally put on my old computer and now with my new computer it says I need new code I tried calling twice and was on hold over 20 minutes both times with no one picking up. I will try fresh after the holidays.
What I meant to say is the online boards and ebay are loaded with E's E2's Imagines and gypsies carts linked and unlinked and has drove the prices down like crazy. It is a shame.The private selling boards they are just fed up and are going elsewhere.

Thank You for your offer to help. I will come back if needed after I contact PC. Thanks
and Happy Holidays Everyone
 1 user thanked Louly for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 12/17/2012(UTC)
ImTheNana Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 7:50:49 AM(UTC)
ImTheNana

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I had this same problem when I started, and it was caused by my Norton Security System. There were simple changes the firewall and antivirus that fixed it for me.
 1 user thanked ImTheNana for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 12/17/2012(UTC)
amy.griffin12d349dd Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 6:19:46 AM(UTC)
amy.griffin12d349dd

I used my CCR last night....got up this morning to finish working on some Christmas gifts and now it is stuck initializing. HELP!!!! Any suggestions, nothing has changed since last night!! I don't understand!Huh
CricketCMV Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 3:36:41 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: amy.griffin12d349dd Go to Quoted Post
I used my CCR last night....got up this morning to finish working on some Christmas gifts and now it is stuck initializing. HELP!!!! Any suggestions, nothing has changed since last night!! I don't understand!Huh

I'm a little curious, because this does seem to happen quite often to different users.

Did you LOG OUT of CCR after you finished last night? Or, did you leave it open and try to start from that point when you went back to work in CCR this morning?

Char
sandrasellman Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 4:40:17 PM(UTC)
sandrasellman

I called cricut for help. They said it is a problem with adobe air. I can't find a phone number to call for support on adobe air webiste. Maybe a security problem but i don't know how to fix.
blondybrie31ce8a3135 Offline
#18 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 4:50:12 PM(UTC)
blondybrie31ce8a3135

I just bought a new laptop and installed CCR on it. It is constantly initializing. I had it on my older laptop and loved it! Did Customer Service not tell you what the problem with Adobe was. We really don't know how to fix it if they don't give you some kind of information. I really don't like the Customer Service hours.Cursing
CricketCMV Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 8:28:25 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I called cricut for help. They said it is a problem with adobe air. I can't find a phone number to call for support on adobe air webiste. Maybe a security problem but i don't know how to fix.

You can go to ADOBE AIR's website and download their latest version; maybe you're using an old version. Make sure, also, that your ADOBE FLASH is activated. If you need help with these, tell us what kind of computer you're using, the operating system and maybe one of us can help you get the newest update. IT DOESN'T COST ANYTHING; IT'S A FREE DOWNLOAD.

What version Adobe Air do you have? Do you know how to tell? We can help you with that, too, if you don't know how to get to it.

Char
chirp chirp Offline
#20 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 11:35:00 PM(UTC)
chirp chirp

Hi, I'm new to the whole Cricut thing. I am using my niece's Expression and really like it. I'm trying to make a Christmas gift with a family quote. It's hard to maneuver the quote just on the machine itself. I did some research and downloaded the CCR yesterday and thought "Great, maybe the PC people figured out that they have to join the digital world instead of just suing the other software makers." CCR was slow yesterday. Today, it locks up if I open two text boxes. How am I supposed to build a quote if it keeps locking up and 'not responding'. This is unbelievably frustrating and a HUGE time sink! Can anyone help me? I've already removed the program and reinstalled it, but it's doing exactly the same thing. Please help if you have any suggestions so I can finish my gift.

Thanks so much!
Vickie
sandrasellman Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 8:16:49 AM(UTC)
sandrasellman

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
You can go to ADOBE AIR's website and download their latest version; maybe you're using an old version. Make sure, also, that your ADOBE FLASH is activated. If you need help with these, tell us what kind of computer you're using, the operating system and maybe one of us can help you get the newest update. IT DOESN'T COST ANYTHING; IT'S A FREE DOWNLOAD.

What version Adobe Air do you have? Do you know how to tell? We can help you with that, too, if you don't know how to get to it.

Char

I am using Windows vista. I downloaded new updated adobe air and adobe flash from the webiste. How do I know if flash is activated?

I redownloaded all adobe and CCR. It still ask me to agree to licnesing for adobe air. I do and nothing happens.

CCR help didn't tell me what the problem is with adobe air just that is an ongoing issue.
CricketCMV Offline
#22 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:27:31 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I am using Windows vista. I downloaded new updated adobe air and adobe flash from the webiste. How do I know if flash is activated?

I redownloaded all adobe and CCR. It still ask me to agree to licnesing for adobe air. I do and nothing happens.

CCR help didn't tell me what the problem is with adobe air just that is an ongoing issue.

The way I activate ADOBE FLASH is to go up to the menus when you're in your browser and go to TOOLS/manage add ons/go to CURRENTLY LOADED ADD ONS and use the dropdown arrow to select ALL ADD ONS/see if ADOBE FLASH is there and if it is ENABLED/DISABLED. I don't know about VISTA...I know VISTA had its own problems between Windows XP and the current Windows 7. So, I don't know if VISTA might be some of your problems.

Have you ever tried calling Customer Service?

Tell me if you see the ADOBE FLASH. Also, see what version Adobe Air you have. I'll go look at mine and tell you the current version I have; although, I have used my machines in between versions with no problems, knowing my version updated on one of my computers but not on the other and the other computer that had not updated did not cause my machine not to work. I use a MINI on one machine and my Expression on another. I have Windows XP and the newer Windows 7.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#23 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:33:03 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: vgorton5a281683 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I'm new to the whole Cricut thing. I am using my niece's Expression and really like it. I'm trying to make a Christmas gift with a family quote. It's hard to maneuver the quote just on the machine itself. I did some research and downloaded the CCR yesterday and thought "Great, maybe the PC people figured out that they have to join the digital world instead of just suing the other software makers." CCR was slow yesterday. Today, it locks up if I open two text boxes. How am I supposed to build a quote if it keeps locking up and 'not responding'. This is unbelievably frustrating and a HUGE time sink! Can anyone help me? I've already removed the program and reinstalled it, but it's doing exactly the same thing. Please help if you have any suggestions so I can finish my gift.

Thanks so much!
Vickie

It might depend on your internet connection, Vickie. Do you have DSL or faster Broadband? Do you live in a rural area? Maybe they were having some glitches yesterday....although, I can go to CCR almost any time of day or evening and have virtually NO problems with the program. There are so many variables, unfortunately.

I think PC should be able to work around these variables, myself....but, what do I know? I mean, who knows how difficult it is to please all of us. I think they probably please the MOST of whomever their database is...and they probably can't go further. I have no idea. It's not to frustrate users, because I'm sure they want to PLEASE ALL OF THEIR CUSTOMERS all of the time, but that's not feasibly possible for anyone.

I hope you can get things working. Hope you'll try it again, today. Be sure when you're clicking on something to wait long enough for it to responde without clicking again. When you do multiple clicks, it does tend to freeze things up on our computers. Not always, but it can. Sometimes, it takes ten or fifteen seconds for something to pop up in CCR. Not always; just sometimes. If we're off clicking on something else when we should have waited a few seconds longer, I think it can cause problems.

Good luck.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#24 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:37:38 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Have you all INSTALLED DRIVERS for the Cricut machine you're using? Go to HELP in the upper left menus in CCR and with your machine plugged in to your hard drive and turned on, install the driver for your particular machine?

If you all have NORTON ANTIVIRUS, search the titles in this forum to see if you can see Narelle's (or other) suggestions to get past those problems.

If you are using Windows 8, you also need to look for titles in this forum to address that problem. Narelle helps us all with that, too.

I SO WISH EVERYONE COULD ENJOY THIS PROGRAM TO ITS FULLEST.

Your best bet is to CALL ProvoCraft to have them go through all these scenarios with you, because since we don't get all the facts on what machines you're using with what computer programs, it's hard to be helpful here.

BUT, we still try! LOL.

Char
chirp chirp Offline
#25 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 11:09:17 AM(UTC)
chirp chirp

Thanks for the response. I live in the city and have a fast broadband connection because I have a home office. I have all the drivers and latest version of Adobe Air. I'm very computer savvy and work with a number of software programs so I don't think it's something I'm doing wrong.

I really think the software is just not well-written software. PC was practically dragged into going digital and that tells us a lot about the culture of the company. That said, this program may be good enough for most scrappers.

If I buy a die-cutter, I'll probably get the Silhouette Cameo. Through all my research on this project, it seems that it's more of what I need. I don't want to amass a collection of cartridges, but prefer to design online, then cut out my design. The pre-designed images are cute, but if you want to do something personal (words or names) it seems the best way is digital. Maybe I'm missing something... Is there another way to do a quote on the Cricut Expression?

I understand PC makes money on the cartridges, but they're a pain to collect and store. The company may want to consider a subscription-based business model. They could charge a monthly fee for use of their images and software. They could even stagger it by basic and premium subscriptions so serious users have full access to everything, but pay more. It's the model of the future. If you work for the company, you may want to suggest this to them. They could continue to sell the cartridges for those who just want to cut pre-made designs and skip the computer part.

Unfortunately, we are doing our Christmas gift exchange tomorrow, so I can't wait until next week to call PC Tech Support. I've already killed too much time on this whole thing. Maybe my expectations were too high for this product.

Either way, thanks again for your response. Merry Christmas!

Cricut Dani Offline
#26 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 2:37:31 PM(UTC)
Cricut Dani

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nleews17cefc64 Go to Quoted Post

HelloI

It does sound like your antivirus may be interfering with our program. We would like to recommend contacting your antivirus provider to make sure that our programs are added to the exception list including CCRBridge.exe, Cricut Sync, Cricut CraftRoom. If you have questions on how to do this please feel free to call Customer Support at 1-877-7CRICUT.

Cricut Dani
chirp chirp Offline
#27 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:27:03 PM(UTC)
chirp chirp

Wow! There is really no need to get ugly. It was just a suggestion. If you do work for the company, you are very unprofessional. Perhaps I should forward your hasty comment to PC Corporate HQ... I doubt they want you talking to potential customers like that.

BTW, I had not made a decision yet. They had a live one because I am sampling their product. Sampling usually converts to sales. But, you have just solidified my decision not to go with Cricut.

I am still working on my project, but I'm pretty sure I can find a more helpful message board elsewhere.

Thanks anyway.
CricketCMV Offline
#28 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 9:27:02 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: chirp chirp Go to Quoted Post
Wow! There is really no need to get ugly. It was just a suggestion. If you do work for the company, you are very unprofessional. Perhaps I should forward your hasty comment to PC Corporate HQ... I doubt they want you talking to potential customers like that.

BTW, I had not made a decision yet. They had a live one because I am sampling their product. Sampling usually converts to sales. But, you have just solidified my decision not to go with Cricut.

I am still working on my project, but I'm pretty sure I can find a more helpful message board elsewhere.

Thanks anyway.

You're hilarious. Why would you think I work for PC? I don't live in Utah. Go ahead and report me; I didn't make any hasty comments. I don't think you're a potential customer at all. That's not what you said you were. If you want to be a customer, you will be, and not because of anything I said. That's ridiculous.

Char
Cricut Tanja Offline
#29 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:22:27 PM(UTC)
Cricut Tanja

Groups: Registered, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 18 post(s)
We are here to help. If you are experiencing initializing it certainly be your antivirus. Please give us a call at support. We are here to help and we do have the information on different antivirus and how to help manage the exception. Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MST) Cricut® support: 801-932-1144 toll-free service phone: 877-7CRICUT.

Happy Holiday

CricutTanja

sandrasellman Offline
#30 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 4:14:18 PM(UTC)
sandrasellman

I appreciate all the suggestions. I never could get it to work on my desktop. I switched to an older laptop and it works, EXCEPT now I can't get any cartridges to link.
I will call for help in the morning.

Sandy