Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

territickled04055c2 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 1:56:28 PM(UTC)
territickled04055c2

Groups: Registered

i got a new cricut mini for christmas and have been trying to install cricut craft room for a couple of months before christmas but have NEVER got past the initializing screen,

* i have a new windows 7 laptop with talktalk security,
* i have rang my security provider and they have checked that everything is going through the fire wall ok.
* i have tried to turn firewall off, windows firewall is off.
* deleted all cookies
* held down CTRL while trying to open ccr.

nothing works i have emailed criscut customer support twice and keep being told its my security blocking it but it is not the security.

is there anything else i can try getting really fed up with this now

thanks terri
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 3:40:26 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18941 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
You can try adding the CCR files into the exceptions on your security software. I've seen the steps to do this for lots of security software programs but not the talktalk one. Find the files you need to add {I know they've been posted ~ I'll see if I can find them for you} and call your security provider back and ask how to add them to the exceptions {if you don't know how ~ I would have to ask}.

Also, try running your computer as the Adminstrator.
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 3:54:14 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18941 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
Here's the file info:

Usually you can fix this issue by managing the exception on your antivirus program. Please add these programs to your antivirus exceptions: • Cricut Sync
• Cricut Craft Room
CCRBRIDGE.EXE (this needs to be added from both the Cricut Sync program files folder and the Cricut Craft Room program files folder
Once these have been added you should be able to log into your account just fine! If you are still having issues please call Customer Service at 877-7cricut.
-PCGena
Linda Ajello Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 8:45:45 PM(UTC)
Linda Ajello

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 61 post(s)
I am having a similar problem. The Craft room was working fine for me on Christmas morning- when i had no time to play with it. Tried to return tonight and now can not get past initializing - and it stays on that forever. Checked firewalls, anti spy etc- and never had a problem before- so is it a recent problem for everyone this week? Anyone else able to get on craft room today?
territickled04055c2 Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 1:33:21 AM(UTC)
territickled04055c2

i have been looking at the craft room folder and at all the programs on my computer and cricut sync and ccrbridge arent any where to be found could this be why it doesnt work and how do i download them

thanks
CricutGena Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:12:32 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Hello everyone! The Initializing issue happens when an antivirus program is blocking the Craft Room program from connecting. To resolve this issue you must add the following programs to your antivirus exceptions:
• Cricut Sync
• Cricut Craft Room
CCRBRIDGE.EXE (this needs to be added from both the Cricut Sync program files folder and the Cricut Craft Room program files folder)

If you are having difficulties doing this please contact customer service at 877-7cricut. We have several resources that can get you up and running!
-Cricut Gena
Linda Ajello Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:33:02 PM(UTC)
Linda Ajello

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Hi- thank you for trying to help. Apparently our Norton was expiring so my husband put the new Norton in on Christmas day- mystery solved as to why it stopped working then- BUT i checked the Norton settings and it says "allow" for the settings for the programs. Is anyone familiar with the anti virus part of NOrton- it has so many options for the antivirus- and it does not allow you to put a specific name in- it talks about web/ netowrks, etc. There seeems to be a way to set the antivirus there are things to allow and not allow. program came with default setting- so since the cricut items are listed elsewhere on the norton as allowed- what do i change on the antivirus? help, i need my craft room back -thank you!!!