Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages123>»
ScrappinGwen Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 9:05:35 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 834 time(s) in 650 post(s)
ROUND 10 of the HOME-MADE SWAP
“CHASE THE WINTER BLUES AWAY”

Kelly asked me to step in and take over this swap as she’s going to be very busy with a new venture outside of this MB so everyone wish Kelley Good Luck!!

*As in the Fall/Halloween Round, you will again be crafting 3 home-made items for your partner.
*It is still a low or no cost swap but please use good quality materials.
*This is NOT a secret sister swap.
*All levels of crafting allowed.
*Newer swappers must have first successfully completed 5 other swaps on this MB before allowed to join this type of a partner swap.

MAILING DUE DATE TO YOUR PARTNER: TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 19th

If you do not provide a DC# showing package was accepted at the PO by Feb. 19th, then you must sit out the next round.

CHECK-IN RULES:

To join this swap, you must please PM me an alternative way to contact you should you go MIA from the MB. Email addy or cell phone for texting works great.

Check-ins will be required weekly on either Sunday or Monday, starting January 6, 2013.

Please be aware that should you miss check ins for 2 weeks in a row and not answer emails or phone calls or make no effort to contact someone here on the MB thru Facebook, etc. then you will leave me no choice but to remove you from the swap and ask for an angel to step in.

There will only be 6-8 weeks to craft each round, so I am going to have to be strict about checking in weekly and enforcing the new rule that if 2 weeks passes with no check in or no communication then you will have to be removed in fairness to your partner, to the hostess, and to the person that has offered to jump in and be an angel.

So if you are going away on vacation or out of town, please remember to send me a quick PM.

SWAP RULES:

1. Make 3 homemade items according to the theme of the round.

Theme: CHASE THE WINTER BLUES AWAY!

You will either craft items in a winter theme (snowflakes, snowmen, sledding, snowy scenes, hot chocolate, cold wintry days, etc.) or you will craft your items in any shades of BLUE. If you opt to craft using the shades of blue, the projects do not have to be winter themed. This option could work better for those that live in the hotter climates and see no snow or have little use for cold, wintry themed projects.

You may also certainly do a mixture of both themes. Your partner will give you some thoughts on which way to go when she answers her questions.

2. Your MQ coordinates must be listed under your avatar and you must promptly answer the questions for this swap.

3. Be a good swap partner: Read your partner's MQ and her Answers and craft items or projects that will make her feel like you made them “just for her”!

4. Challenge yourself to do your best work. Remember, it’s only 3 items, so make them count!

If you are new to swapping, then I suggest you craft one major item that truly has the wow factor and showcases what you are best at in the crafting world. Then from there choose an item or project that is not so time consuming or not so challenging to you. And then from there your 3rd item can be something more simple, less time involved, something very familiar to you and that you feel comfortable making.

But whatever you choose to do, major or minor, we all expect you to do your best and send something you would be proud to give to your grandmother or mother or daughter or best friend!

If you are questioning what you’ve made, feel free to send me a picture of it and I will gladly give you some suggestions or give you my thoughts. You can expect fair and honest criticism and/or approval.

Our goal here is to share our loving gift of crafting and learn from each other and improve upon our skills from round to round and keep everyone happy. We all should be striving to swap fairly.

5. It will be your responsibility to provide mailing addresses to each other. Providing alternative contact info, i.e. email addy or cell phone for texting, would also be helpful just in case you cannot get on the message board.

6. NO DRAMA. Be kind and supportive to others. If there is an issue or concern, please PM me promptly.

8. YOU MUST MAIL ON TIME AND POST DC# ON THIS THREAD.

9. Once you receive your items, please acknowledge receipt and post pictures. If you know you have difficulty with posting pictures, please let your partner know at the beginning of the swap so that she can take pictures before sending to you.

10. In fairness to everyone, please do not advertise items you have for sale or list links to our store, etc.

11. Just remember: COMMUNICATION is so important in these swaps. Your partner can create nicer items for you the more she knows about you or can find posts made by you in other swaps to learn about you.

Communication also makes for a smoother swap and less stress for the Hostess. Showing respect goes a long ways in these swaps.

Edited by user Sunday, February 24, 2013 4:31:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 9:06:40 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

1. ScrappinGwen rcvd
2. Trvkladd (Rebecca) rcvd
3. CandyHazzard rcvd
4. SherrieStevens rcvd
5. Scrapin*Creations rcvd
6. JeanP rcvd
7. CraftyOldBat rcvd
8. jrobinson15722c73795 rcvd
9. craftymomof2 rcvd
10. ksqueenb rcvd
11. Planlady19 rcvd
12. Birdseye7776 rcvd
13. Scrappin_RN rcvd
14. DeniseEmmerich rcvd

Partners:
JeanP and craftymomof2
CraftyOldBat and ksqueenb
Trvkladd and Birdseye7776
Planlady19 and Scrapin*Creations
CandyHazzard and DeniseEmmerich
Scrappin_RN and jrobinson (Evelyn)
ScrappinGwen and SherrieStevens

Edited by user Sunday, February 24, 2013 4:27:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
CraftyOldBat on 1/6/2013(UTC), JeanP on 1/6/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 9:08:58 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Questions to copy and answer in your sign-up post:

1. Do you have a preference as to which theme you’d rather receive – winter theme or shades of blue theme or mixture of both?

2. Are there any craft items you would like to be made for you?

Examples but not limited to - a banner, a sign, altered blocks, an altered canvas, cards, tags, something to display on a shelf, a treat container, a mini album, home made flowers, charm dangles, etc.

If you know your partner is newer at swapping, you can really make it easier on her with some suggestions that also follow the “large, medium, simple” plan of attack.

3. Are there things about the theme that you really like or dislike? For example: You collect snowman even though you live in hot Texas but because you live in the deep South, you really have no use for knitted mittens.

trvkladd Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 9:15:29 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
I'm in Gwynne~

1. Do you have a preference as to which theme you’d rather receive – winter theme or shades of blue theme or mixture of both? All blue, lots of silvery glitz

2. Are there any craft items you would like to be made for you? sign, banner, altered canvas anything that can be hung on the wall

Examples but not limited to - a banner, a sign, altered blocks, an altered canvas, cards, tags, something to display on a shelf, a treat container, a mini album, home made flowers, charm dangles, etc.

If you know your partner is newer at swapping, you can really make it easier on her with some suggestions that also follow the “large, medium, simple” plan of attack.

3. Are there things about the theme that you really like or dislike? For example: You collect snowman even though you live in hot Texas but because you live in the deep South, you really have no use for knitted mittens. this is probably all be going to my DD because her favorite color is sapphire blue ...she's in love with stars and moons, just moved into a brand new apartment and can't paint so she wants to put stuff all over the walls so that it doesn't look so white

Thanks

~Rebecca

Edited by user Monday, January 07, 2013 5:23:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 9:21:34 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I'm going to try my best to chase someone's winter blues away!!

And here are some ideas to help chase my own winter blues away:

1. Do you have a preference as to which theme you’d rather receive – winter theme or shades of blue theme or mixture of both?

I do like snowmen. I decorate my kitchen mantle after Christmas with some snowman themed items and figurines, pictures on wall, etc. But the snowmen I choose to display have funky colors like yellow and lime green and pink scarf type of thing or some are country or rustic looking with a red that is like a brick red and a vintage green rather then blue themed as my kitchen is not in shades of blue at all.

I do not ski so that is about only thing I can think of right now that doesn't fit into the winter theme for me.

I like wintery scenes or anything wintery themed. I also love red cardinals on snowy branches as I have a red cardinal in my backyard I get to watch year round.

I love hot chocolate, snowflakes, etc.

We go to hockey games (indoors arena)

I have a pretty big eiffel tower I just received in my last swap for attaching dangles too, so I can always use more of them if you've been on the dangle/chunky charm band wagon this past year.

But I also enjoy all shades of blue, ie regular or light blue but also teal blues or aqua colors. I, however, do not decorate in shades of blue. So shades of blue would work better for me in cards or craft items in my craftroom, etc. Not anything meant to display in kitchen or LR. Or shades of blue such as pool (we have a big inground pool), beach themed, cruise themed items.

bottom line: Anything works for me with this round and the theme!

So whatever you enjoy making most is fine with me! For me, it's just as much fun to receive something you feel is your specialty as well as receiving something I've wished for. A little bit of both is fine with me!

I know we are taking DGC on some special vacations this coming year. A mini album for grand daughter Madison (10, 4th grade) would be a very useful item later this year. Or even an altered picture frame. Her brother David is 6, first grade.

Or, if mini albums are not your thing - then even just some wintery diecuts that I could have on hand to use in minis or LO pages I might do up for the kids. Or other embellies that would be useful on pages or LO pages, such as photo mats or a title.

Altered notebooks for DGC would also be enjoyed by them. Madison loves seeing what I receive and she often comments on the altered notebooks as something she would like to have. And they live in the country and love playing outside in the snow and they have a snowmobile too.

Snowman themed thank you cards would work great or just snowman themed notecards, blank, for me to write notes to my swap partners works too.

I'm all for treat holders!

An item that is your specialty or something you really enjoy making works too!

3. Are there things about the theme that you really like or dislike?

There is nothing about theme, winter or shades of blue, that I have negative issues with other then we don't ski.

Edited by user Sunday, January 06, 2013 5:20:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 9:29:27 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Rebecca, your above answers are fabulous!! You have more or less explained perfectly why you want to do this swap and given good examples of what can be made for you that you will find totally useful. So very, very helpful to your partner!
 1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
trvkladd on 12/31/2012(UTC)
CandyHazzard Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 9:44:04 AM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
I'm in ... I'll answer questions later ... plan to compete at least 1 swap today
KelleyRooks Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 11:06:54 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Gwynne, thank you so much for taking this swap over. It looks like so much fun. I'll be lurking to see what everyone comes up with. Everyone did such a great job the last round...this one will be awesome.

Have fun everyone!

Kel
SherrieStevens Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 11:54:56 AM(UTC)
SherrieStevens

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 144 post(s)
I want to join answer the questions later. Thanks Sherrie
Scrapin*Creations Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 12:52:30 PM(UTC)
Scrapin*Creations

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 101 post(s)
Gwynne...I'm in.

Winter theme. We live in the mountains and already have a lot of snow.

altered blocks, altered canvas, treat container, something to display on a shelf

3. Are there things about the theme that you really like or dislike? For example: You collect snowman even though you live in hot Texas but because you live in the deep South, you really have no use for knitted mittens.
I love snowmen, snowflakes, winter scenes, etc. Also collect snowmen.

thanks,
Ali

JeanP Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 1:30:31 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 969 time(s) in 781 post(s)
I am inBigGrin

Do you have a preference as to which theme you’d rather receive – winter theme or shades of blue theme or mixture of both?
All 3 items can be winter themed or mix them up. If you want to go with something blue, The only room that something blue would work in is my downstairs bathroom.

Altered canvas, frame, 3X3 or 4x4 Thank you cards, scrapbook pages(12X12), snowmen,snowflake or any winter/beach die cuts to use on scrapbook pages. (Beach bum Paper dolls
would be cute)
Winter blocks would be okay also. Right now I have FALL ones on my window sill. I only want useful thingsBigGrinSorry but I don't need anything that hangs, mini-albums, or any altered tins.I have plenty of them. All my wall and shelf space is full.

3. Are there things about the theme that you really like or dislike?

Well, my idea of a "winter vacation" is sitting on the beach in ArubaBigGrin We do get snow here but I like it less and less as I get older. I think it is beautiful but don't like the cold associated with it.I prefer White sand!!!!!

Anything blue relating to the beach worksBigGrin

Edited by user Sunday, January 06, 2013 6:33:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: more ideas

CraftyOldBat Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 4:01:44 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 247 Swap Questionnaire Pg 1 Post #8

Was thanked: 414 time(s) in 344 post(s)
I'm in...

1. Do you have a preference as to which theme you’d rather receive – winter theme or shades of blue theme or mixture of both? Either is okay. For Winter I like snowmen and vintage-y scenes/colors. My craft room is beige/brown & slate blue and I have plenty of wall space but no shelf space. I do have some shelf space in my bedroom which is basically brown so any shade of blue that goes nicely w/ brown will work.

2. Are there any craft items you would like to be made for you?Just as suggestions: sign, blocks, altered canvas, 12x12 LOs, borders, flowers or embellishments for LOs, tissue box cover, organizational items. I'll be sending a lot of care pkgs. to Afghanistan for the next year so treat containers would be handy. I don't need anymore dangles, pin cushions or stick pins please!

I'm also a beach/ocean lover so blue items could depict beachy/oceanic scenes too.

3. Are there things about the theme that you really like or dislike? Not a coffee drinker so no coffee themed items please.

Edited by user Monday, December 31, 2012 4:06:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: because neatness counts...

EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 6:22:41 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 131 post(s)
Please count me in ....

. Do you have a preference as to which theme you’d rather receive – winter theme or shades of blue theme or mixture of both? Winter theme please

2. Are there any craft items you would like to be made for you? mini album is great, I love tags and flowers, an altered frame, a journal, a stationary set, stick pins

3. Are there things about the theme that you really like or dislike? For example: You collect snowman even though you live in hot Texas but because you live in the deep South, you really have no use for knitted mittens. I really enjoy snowmen and snowflakes. There is not a thing I dislike.

Thanks,
Evelyn -
craftymomof2 Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 7:05:14 PM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
Please sign me up. I really enjoyed the no traditional Christmas swap. I will post my wishes a little later. Happy New Year!!!!!

Hugs, LanaBigGrin
craftymomof2 Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 7:13:50 PM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
1. Do you have a preference as to which theme you’d rather receive – winter theme or shades of blue theme or mixture of both? Winter or a mix of both would be great

2. Are there any craft items you would like to be made for you? Altered canvas, 3x3 or 4x4 cards, banner, storage items, altered blocks, HM flowers, tags, mini album

I like snowmen, snowflakes, hot choc.- we don't get much snow but we do get cold weather; we do love the ocean/gulf so beach themed is good also

Edited by user Monday, December 31, 2012 7:17:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ksqueenb Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 7:42:30 PM(UTC)
ksqueenb

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 243 post(s)
Please count me in. I really enjoyed the last round.

1. Do you have a preference as to which theme you’d rather receive – winter theme or shades of blue theme or mixture of both? Either is fine but I LOVE the color blue.

2. Are there any craft items you would like to be made for you? Would love some altered blocks, altered canvas. I am not a fan of dress forms or super girly items.

I do collect snowmen. I especially love primitive/wood looking ones that don't necessarily have christmas items with them as I can leave them out into January. I really like subway art but I don't use a lot of tags. I like stick pins. Oh yeah, did I say I LOVE the color blue?Love
planlady19 Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 12:29:07 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 267 post(s)
Gwen I am in please sign me up.. Thanks

1. Do you have a preference as to which theme you’d rather receive – winter theme or shades of blue theme or mixture of both? Winter - everyone knows i love snowmen. I don't have anything blue in my house.. LOL... now it used to be all blue but not anymore..

2. Are there any craft items you would like to be made for you? thinking on this: I would like to have something that I can use like an altered canvas,blocks, or sign etc. I don't need anymore mini albums at this time.. just started a different job so something that i could use on my desk would be ok also.

As above I love snowmen and snowflakes.. Especially since "my family is a bunch of flakes" is one of my favorite sayings..LOL

Edited by user Tuesday, January 01, 2013 12:35:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

trvkladd Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 1:21:54 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Happy New Year to all the wonderful ladies on the MB. May God bless you the whole year through. May you all have a healthy, safe and prosperous year

{{hugs}}

~Rebecca
Birdseye7776 Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 9:21:49 PM(UTC)
Birdseye7776

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I will join

Winter is good for me, I like the color blue too

I wouldn't mind something to sit on my Piano (altered blocks?) cards, tages, Treat container

I LOVE Snowflakes. Snow men are cute too. I live in Utah, It snow's here.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 02, 2013 4:54:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: cuz

ScrappinGwen Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 5:34:49 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Probably close on either late Sunday or on Monday. Leaving it open for a week is long enough and allowing everyone to get back on schedule now that holidays have passed.
CandyHazzard Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 7:19:54 AM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)

1. Do you have a preference as to which theme you’d rather receive – winter theme or shades of blue theme or mixture of both? Both is fine ...

2. Are there any craft items you would like to be made for you? Cards (blank to include in swaps), home made flowers, charm dangles, any bedazzled office supply, both DD and DGD love those, the only blue in my house is the bathroom

3. Are there things about the theme that you really like or dislike? For example: You collect snowman even though you live in hot Texas but because you live in the deep South, you really have no use for knitted mittens. well, I'm not a big fan of cold, but I love the look of snow and snowflakes ... the only thing I collected are tiny boxes
SherrieStevens Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 9:37:25 AM(UTC)
SherrieStevens

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Sorry it took me so long to post. But here are my answers.

1. Do you have a preference to which theme you'd rather receive? Winter

2. Are there any items you would like to be made for you? Altered blocks treat container mini album canvas, something to display on a shelf.

3. Are these things about the theme you really like or dislike? I love snowmen/snowwomen and snowflakes.

Thanks Sherrie
trvkladd Offline
#23 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 6:38:29 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Hi to all~ JCI...

Gwynne~ Was going to ask when you'd be closing but you already answered. BigGrin BigGrin Looking forward to partners!

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday! Can't wait to get started on this one

~Rebecca
JeanP Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 1:31:37 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

only 12 people signed up for this swap?

Where is everyone that loved the last one because it was only 3 items. This one looks pretty easySmile

I don't think anyone would have to go out and buy for this one either. I plan on only using what I have on hand!!

Edited by user Thursday, January 03, 2013 1:32:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftyOldBat Offline
#25 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 1:42:15 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 247 Swap Questionnaire Pg 1 Post #8

Was thanked: 414 time(s) in 344 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
only 12 people signed up for this swap?

Where is everyone that loved the last one because it was only 3 items. This one looks pretty easySmile

I don't think anyone would have to go out and buy for this one either. I plan on only using what I have on hand!!

That is definitely surprising; usually this swap gets lots of participants?

Nothing personal Gwynne, but maybe if you put in the title description box, that it's same one formerly run by Kelley people wouldn't think it was a "new" swap? Some might be just watching for Kelley's name/avatar attached to a homemade swap to sign up w/o realizing THIS is the one. I know "I" do that - look for swaps by particular hostesses based on having done theirs in the past.
CMC56 Online
#26 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 4:05:53 PM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Hi MB ladies hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. This sounds interesting. I am think about this one to see if I have the time.

Cheryl
JeanP Offline
#27 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 5:41:09 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
That is definitely surprising; usually this swap gets lots of participants?

Nothing personal Gwynne, but maybe if you put in the title description box, that it's same one formerly run by Kelley people wouldn't think it was a "new" swap? Some might be just watching for Kelley's name/avatar attached to a homemade swap to sign up w/o realizing THIS is the one. I know "I" do that - look for swaps by particular hostesses based on having done theirs in the past.

Good ideaBigGrin

ScrappinGwen Offline
#28 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 7:36:22 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

COB, I can do that.

But also...I know it's right after the holidays and everyone has New Year's resolutions to get organized and take a break from swapping. Plus money it tighter this month for many. If they are like me, they are getting ready to pay their final estimated tax payment and fretting over it. lol

But by end of month they soon forget about all those resolutions and are ready to come back to swapping. It's hard to stay away for long.....

Anyway, for those that are considering this swap or thinking about waiting til later in month: Jean found a great "Spring" poem for me to work with for directives for the next round of the SS swap. So I'm all excited and pretty much have that swap all figured out. I look forward to posting that later in the month. It will have 7 directives and be due end of April so that all boxes are delivered before Mother's Day. (a special treat for all of us for Mother's Day!)

Obviously I have no New Year's Resolutions to cut back on swapping though I truly promised myself a month ago that I would find the time to weed out my flower beds this spring!

ScrappinGwen Offline
#29 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 7:42:28 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I do have a question that has nothing to do with swapping or crafting.

Has anyone ever cruised on the Norwegian cruise line? I've only cruised once, and that was Royal Carribean Freedom of the Seas. Our friends who cruised with us had cruised on Celebrity before and I think they thought Celebrity was nicer. But oh are they expensive!

We are going to cruise next christmas and there are great prices right now to kick off the new year. Norwegian is super price, but I can't tell from website how it compares to Royal Carribean ship. And then I get to thinking that maybe it's one of those "you get what you pay for" and the cheap price means cheap entertainment and food, etc. How do you know? lol
JeanP Offline
#30 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 6:12:58 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
I do have a question that has nothing to do with swapping or crafting.

Has anyone ever cruised on the Norwegian cruise line? I've only cruised once, and that was Royal Carribean Freedom of the Seas. Our friends who cruised with us had cruised on Celebrity before and I think they thought Celebrity was nicer. But oh are they expensive!

We are going to cruise next christmas and there are great prices right now to kick off the new year. Norwegian is super price, but I can't tell from website how it compares to Royal Carribean ship. And then I get to thinking that maybe it's one of those "you get what you pay for" and the cheap price means cheap entertainment and food, etc. How do you know? lol

DD always used Holland America I think but I will check with her.