Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

wedon92149d0ed6a Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 1:17:06 PM(UTC)
wedon92149d0ed6a

Groups: Registered

I am want to cut only the outline of certain images. I have tried welding/not welding. I am able to cut the whole image,but I do not want to put my image together like a puzzle. I just want a fish, not a bunch pieces to make into an image. I am using the craft room, the image is digital, I have an expression two...any advice would be appreciated. I have been dealing with this for hours, and now my husband is frustrated too.
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:21:57 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19164 time(s) in 8571 post(s)
Different images give you different options. Some of the digital images have to be separated and ungrouped and separated. Some have the Hide Contour feature.

Which image are you trying to cut and I'll look at it in CCR. Or see if this solves your problem:

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
They are already layered together. To cut each layer out they have to be separated then ungrouped. If you select one of the images you'll see that there is no Hide Contour button, only an Edit Group button.

This is what an image looks like using an Imagine:

Using any other Cricut:

Hide Contour isn't available on these images.

This is what it looks like once the layers have been separated (notice that there's still no Hide Contour button:

None of the individual pieces can be copied or manipulated in any way until they are Ungrouped.

Once that's done each piece can be manipulated. (But there is still no Hide Contour button - at least on this image anyway.)

I'd say the reason that Hide Contour isn't available is that these images were created mainly to be printed and cut on the Imagine (although they can be cut on the other Cricuts). Hiding Contours would make the image print incorrectly.

The single Layered Images from Create a Critter that were added recently work in the same way.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:32:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified