Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

debbie7576adaa722 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:05:33 PM(UTC)
debbie7576adaa722

Groups: Registered

I am new to the board here and just bought my Cricut Mini yesterday. I am having trouble with a few things and going crazy as I wany to use it. My first issue is when I am ready to cut all of a sudden it tells me I need the cartridge to do so. I thought what I downloaded from the craft room was free. Is there a way to only show me options of what I can cut? Also, the cuts I do make stick so badly to the board. Is there something I am doing wrong or does everyone have trouble pealing off their cuts?

Would love to hear any advice on these subjects.
Thank you!!!
Debbie
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:16:25 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19080 time(s) in 8526 post(s)
There is a free set of images in CCR. . .Craft Room Basics. And there is usually a free-for-the-week image set from PC. But otherwise, you need to own the physical carts or the digital cutting rights for the images in CCR.

If you choose the My Carts from the drop down menu at the top of the cart list, you'll see what carts/image sets you can cut from. Or, in the All Carts list, the ones you can cut from are in bold type.

The mats are generally very sticky when new. Some people reduce the stickiness by putting a piece of cardstock on and off the mat several times and some people pat the mat with a t-shirt or their hands. Once the mat is used a few times, the stickiness will be lessened and your cuts will come off easier. Also, using a tool like the Cricut spatula or something similar will help release the images from the mats without tearing them.
debbie7576adaa722 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:47:09 PM(UTC)
debbie7576adaa722

Groups: Registered

Thank you for the help! I plan to sit back down at the machine tomorrow and use your advice. Thanks again for taking the time to help me.

Debbie