Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

atwood.jessica5b8dcd8f Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:12:47 PM(UTC)
atwood.jessica5b8dcd8f

Groups: Registered

I bought my circut mini in August, bought a few cartridges, recommended it for my sister who is an elementary school teacher. She found she was asking to use my cricut tons since I got it. I thought I'd be able to share my cartridges with her, allowing her to upload them to her Cricut Craft Room. Found out today, this is not the case. Can she even use them without linking??

Is there a way to share cartridges with the mini? Had I known this I wouldn't have linked them to my account, yet then again, it defeats the purpose of them being on the cricut craft room for ease of use.

I understand the need to limit "linking" of the cartridges, but not more than one cricut??? I uploaded 4 cartridges from my sister in law over Christmas, will she be able to use them with her expression?? If not, looks like I'll be buying her some new cartridges.

scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:28:14 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19028 time(s) in 8503 post(s)
First, when you link your carts in CCR, you are actually linking them through CCR to your cricut.com account. A cart can't be linked to more than one CCR account. However, if someone else wants to use your cart(s), CCR will prompt them to insert the cart(s) in their Cricut and then once CCR reads all the carts, the design will cut.

You can log into your CCR account from any computer {that you've downloaded CCR to}, but you can only have cutting rights for each CCR account on 2 computers. So, you could share your log in info and you can cut from your computer and your sister can log in to your account and cut from her computer. But if you wanted to cut from a desktop and a laptop, it would be better for your sister to use the physical carts and insert them when prompted.

Regarding those 4 carts of your SIL, if you mean you linked them to your CCR account, then she can still use the cart in her Expression, she just can't link them to her CCR account or a Gypsy {if she has one}.