Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

little_e_fan811596f566b2 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:50:59 PM(UTC)
little_e_fan811596f566b2

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I just want to start off by saying that I am new to Cricut and the CCR and was trying to figure a few things out. I'm starting to get the basics down and I haven't pulled all of my hair out yet! Yeah Me! I was wondering if you could make a word cut into a shape. I don't know exactly how to explain it other than in the cart Tie The Knot there is a heart shape that has thank you in it. Does anyone know how I might be able to do this? I'm working with the CCR and an Expression. THANKS!
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 6:29:06 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 885 time(s) in 422 post(s)
Yes you can. Lay your heart or whatever image on your virtual mat, size it the way you want it and choose the font that you want to use. Type your word. I would do this first outside the shape either each individual letter onto your mat or by using the text box. You can weld the letters if you want and when you have them like you want, select all the letters and click group in the tool bar. This will make your letters as one image. Move over the grouped letters and place on the heart like you want, resize if necessary. Click on the heart image and choose don't weld. This will cause the letters to cut out of your heart shape but leave the welded letters (if you welded) in tact. When you cut, the letters will cut out of the heart. Be sure that you save the center cuts of letters like the o, d, b, e because you will need to use them on your project to make the letters complete.

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you need more help and let us see your project and welcom to the world of cricut. CCR has a bit of a learning curve, but I can't imagine using my E without it. Actually, I wouldn't.

Hope this helps
 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
little_e_fan811596f566b2 on 1/2/2013(UTC)