Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

DakotasMimi1998db52af87 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 12:03:25 PM(UTC)
DakotasMimi1998db52af87

Groups: Registered

I also got my Cricut Mini for Christmas and I'm having the same problems you all have mentioned. The instructions for the machine are great and can be found when you login and are found in the set-up instructions. I have gone to youtube for instructions, which helped. I had bought the Ribbons and Rosettes cartridge, and that is where the instructions kind of fell down. I wanted to make a rosette, but was having troubles with it, then found out on a youtube tutorial, that the Rosettes have to be made in pieces and glued together Duh!!!. Having never seen a Cricut machine, except in commericals, makes for a huge learning curve. One thing I'm disappointed in, is the inability to use light weight paper. That means I can't use homemade paper, shoot. I'm sure, with time, we will be able to circumvent the problem and figure out better ways to use the Mini, but meanwhile, I'm viewing as many tutorial as I can.. I found Creations with Christina has many many Cricut tutorials and I have been enjoying them all. Is there more tutorial sites that any one knows of? Every bit of information will help.

I just stumbled on to the Cricut forum and I'm hoping I will learn a lot from all you knowledgable ladies.
MaryStillman Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 9:19:04 AM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1245 time(s) in 789 post(s)
I have a mini also and use it with my gypsy. I have cut thin paper with the mini. The key is to turn the pressure way down and the blade depth to only 1 or 2. I don't make handmade paper, but have cut it in the mini. It does not cut thick handmade paper well, but I've cut thinner handmade paper. If the paper has flowers, twigs, etc. in it, it probably will not cut and may dull your blade. I have found that when cutting handmade paper, I need to tape it down to the mat. The mat stickiness is not quite enough to hold it in place.

Youtube has some great videos on using the mini and also card making. What a great resource!

Enjoy your mini and make sure you post some pictures of what you have made.

Mary