Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

holli.bethdfd621f4 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 6:03:05 AM(UTC)
holli.bethdfd621f4

Groups: Registered

I am trying to find metal signs that are blank in the middle where I can put vinyl personalized stuff. You see these at craft stores such as Hobby Lobby that are already done with quotes and saying, but I cant find any blank ones. They are normally rectangular. The middle is where you would add what you wanted and the edges look kind of like a frame (even though its all one pc. Does anyone know where I can find these. I have looked at all of the craft stores in my area and have been looking online, but when I search online....I get results for plain metal square signs and things like that. Please let me know if you know where I can find these!!!

Thank you so much!!
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 6:19:14 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18982 time(s) in 8481 post(s)
I don't know a source for blank signs either, but I did get two on clearance at HL and just painted over them and then added my own saying that cut in vinyl.

Hope someone knows where you can buy blank signs!
LisaDePugh Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:10:52 AM(UTC)
LisaDePugh

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 215 post(s)
My HL carries what I believe you're looking for in the unfinished wood department. Might try there.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:47:56 AM(UTC)
holli.bethdfd621f4

Thank you both for your help. I have looked at my Hobby Lobby and all other craft stores around here and they do not have them. I have even looked online....cant seem to find them. Hopefully someone will know of a website or something I can find them at.

scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 2:19:44 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18982 time(s) in 8481 post(s)
So, I stopped by HL on my way home from lunch with DH and guess what was in with the Valentine merchandise. . .red blank metal signs! And wouldn't you know it. . .the two I had bought a couple of months ago on clearance and painted. . .I painted them red! Flapper

So, if red is the color you're looking for or if you don't mind painting them, check your HL again but look in the seasonal items! BigGrin
CandiScraps Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 5:54:57 PM(UTC)
CandiScraps

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
It's a little out of the crafting realm but you could always stop by an auto body/detailing shop and ask about having some sheet metal cut into shapes you want. I'm not sure what the cost would be but I'm sure if you made a simple paper template to show them, they should be able to give you a price estimate. And if an auto body/detailing shop can't do it they may be able to direct you to a metal shop that can.
You may also want to ask at a local high school. If there's one close to you that has a metal shop they may be able to help too.
Either way, try thinking outside the box a bit & you may be able to get just what you need Smile
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:26:03 PM(UTC)
holli.bethdfd621f4

Thank you everyone for your help! I will be going to HL tomorrow and if I dont get enough of what I need, I may have to see what someone will charge to make them. I will let you know if I find some!! BigGrin Very Excited to even have a chance of them being there!!!
ScrapyPiggy Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:58:59 PM(UTC)
ScrapyPiggy

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 182 post(s)
http://www.bestblanks.com has some sign stuff not sure about prices and if its the PVC or metal or both.

I just know about it because of the large rolls of magnetic material they sale when I was looking a few months back.