Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LoraineJenkins Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:01:48 PM(UTC)
LoraineJenkins

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 214 time(s) in 128 post(s)
First off, hello again! I have been gone for awhile other than occasionally popping in. My life has been about 6 shades of crazy since my mom passed away in August. Haven't had time for papercrafting or much of anything other than work, kids, and taking care of my dad. Anywho, in all that my craftroom looks kind of like a junk pile right now! I'm trying to get organized so I can actually CRAFT when i have a few minutes.

I need some feedback on cartridge storage. I don't have a ton (probably about 70 or so. I've had more, but have had to do some selling lately to pay some bills and haven't had the money to do any buying. Fortunately, I am going to have some room in my budget to buy some of those carts that have been on my wishlist for awhile! Yay!!! Anyway, I've been pretty OCD about my carts. I like them all in their boxes on my shelf. I have a 5 shelf bookcase. I have plenty of room for more carts, I'm just thinking that that bookshelf might be better used to store something else like paper or bins of other supplies. So.....I've been looking at other options. I don't want to go with the bag. I love the concept, but I don't go to crops so it seems kind of pointless. I'd rather have something that can fit on my shelf. I've looked at the cartridge binders and I've looked at the art bin things.

Any thoughts?
NewBieMom Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 10:04:29 PM(UTC)
NewBieMom

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I use the snapware bins to store them in and made plastic dividers for them. I found the how to on google.

I have also seen people put the carts in baseball card holder pages.

Just google cricut cart storage.

I just have my carts box sitting on my desk since all my handbooks are on my tablet but I still have my handbooks out sitting else in case I still need them.

rhondah* Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 10:04:33 PM(UTC)
rhondah*

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 15779 time(s) in 9117 post(s)
Sorry to hear of your Mom's passing.

For me, I love to use the Art Bin containers. I just keep the cart boxes up in the attic in case I want to sell one or I ever change my mind on storage. It works best because of my limited space in my craft room.
MissAnn Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:50:21 PM(UTC)
MissAnn

United States

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 302 post(s)
My life took a turn when my mother passed also. So sorry to hear about your mother. I love my boxes also. My 3 shelve bookcase is full and I don't have space for another one. I have to figure out something too.
southgirltexas Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:17:49 PM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)
So sorry to hear of your loss. This is a life changing event for you but you can recover (and will).

As to the storage....I hate buying things to store my stuff in. It just sounds counter productive. So I had a rolling storage cart that I made do with and I really like my idea. It has 3 drawers. The last one is really deep but the first 2 are just deep enough for cart storage. Almost 90 carts in here and I have room for a few more in this drawer and haven't even used the the other.....yet!

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:24:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

southgirltexas attached the following image(s):
003.JPG
001.JPG
jenny dennis Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:35:47 PM(UTC)
jenny dennis

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 16930 time(s) in 4087 post(s)
So sorry for your Loss. I also store mine in the artbin containers I would love to keep them in there boxes but just don't have that kind of space. I do still have all of the boxes stored away.
Momtozsm Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 12:45:35 AM(UTC)
Momtozsm

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I have mine stored on shelves but lately I have been thinking it's time for a change.. Obsessed with scrap booking has a post on different ways of storing the cartridges. I am leaning toward creating the file folder type with a pocket to hold the cartridge. I want to keep the overlay and handbook together, but I also like the snapware containers.

Cassie Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 4:35:47 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Was thanked: 313 time(s) in 255 post(s)
So sorry to hear about your mom's passing.

I store my carts exactly like southgirltexas, except I use the Really Useful Boxes from Office Depot. I love it and it's great for taking to crops. The overlays are in a photobox, because I hardly ever use them, but there is a Really Useful Box large enough for those as well.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 4:47:56 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 927 time(s) in 457 post(s)
I really like my cartridge tower that I made myself. I use ccr exclusively but I don't have and don't want my carts linked and I don't need the overlays and have my books in a drawer beside my laptop. I started out using DS when I first bought my expression 6 years ago so inserting the carts is no big deal for me.

I like this because they are right at my fingertips. I built a box from scrap plywood and covered it with heavy duty felt. I put the scratchy side of a heavy duty velcro dot on the back of my cart and hang it on the felt. The box sits on a spindle I found at walmart and the little box on top holds my extra blades and markers. The tower can hold 96 carts and mine is almost full. So I need to stop buying carts or build another tower

Edited by user Friday, January 18, 2013 5:43:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Olivia'sNana attached the following image(s):
IMG_5347 (Medium).JPG
IMG_5348 (Medium).JPG
IMG_5349 (Medium).JPG
 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
NewfyMom on 1/21/2013(UTC)
LoraineJenkins Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 6:04:14 AM(UTC)
LoraineJenkins

Was thanked: 214 time(s) in 128 post(s)
Thanks!Those are all great ideas!!