Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Kizziew Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:50:10 AM(UTC)
Kizziew

Groups: Registered

Ok, I'm sure this has been covered before, BUT - When I cut vinyl on my expression (I've been cutting vinyl on it for about a year) it is so hit or miss whether it will cut correct.
Sometimes it is fine and all the excess vinyl pulls away with no problem then 10 minutes later I can cut the exact same image/phrase and it will skip lines, or cut them all where it looks like it's cutting like this ------ instead of _____________ (does that make sense?)

I've tried new blades, vinyl, cutting mats, changing the speed, blade depth, pressure, resetting the machine, turning it off then on again, closing my SCAL program and starting over.

I'm just tired of not knowing whether it's going to work right today, when it was great yesterday or 30 minutes ago.
Also, a lot of the time (way way more often than I feel it should!) while it's cutting the vinyl the blade seems to pick up the vinyl and take it with it whil it continues cutting, therefore ruining the cut anyway as it's tearing the vinyl along with it.

Is it just not meant to cut vinyl as well as other machines (I'm saving up to "upgrade" to another brand) I cut paper on it sometimes and it seems to do "ok", it seems to have problems connecting the beginning and end of the circle cut (or letter, or really any other shape).

Today is a bad cutting day...so I'm reaching out hoping someone can give me a miracle fix! Maybe I'll take a picture of one of my cuts and post it...

feel free to pm with other machine suggestions! :)

Edited to add pictures of my cricut cutting vinyl today

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2013 3:00:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxluv Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:34:31 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 382 post(s)
I use mine to cut vinyl with all the time..maybe its the type of vinyl you are using? I have some glossy vinyl that i have to set the blade to 2, pressure and speed on 3..and then the other vinyl i set everything to 3 and it works just fine. have you tried using the multiple cut?
TammyPuckett Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:19:18 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 222 post(s)
I cut vinyl a lot with mie. I set everything on 3 & it works perfectly.
Kizziew Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 3:03:00 PM(UTC)
Kizziew

I added some pictures to my original post....maybe someone will have some more ideas?!