Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
*NanaDonna* Offline
#31 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:03:33 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2626 time(s) in 1383 post(s)
YEAH! I got all 3 of my cards done and it is only ThursdayBigGrin . I am trying to stay focused when I am working on a card and not get sidetracked by the computer or other things. Also when I find a paper that works I STOP looking instead of looking and looking and looking.

Paper is from one of my first paper stacks DCWV Butterflies.
The tag cut is from Calligraphy Collection using CCR to make a shadow for it. Well I tried to use CCR and after 8 tries,Cursing Cursing about an hour later when trying to use my Imagine I finally turned it off and used my Gypsy to re-create it.
The border on the bottom of the tag is from MS All Occasion Cake Art
The gray flower is a CTMH embellishment.
Sorry Josie just could not find the right buttons to work with this so I stuck some flat back silver pearls in the center of a couple flowers
The happy birthday was cut out of vinyl I am really really liking working with the vinyl,Love it cuts so easy and you can cut fine small lines with great success.

I am practicing with the vinyl because I am going to make my daughter some wall art for her house. She recently moved and had to take hers down, she had bought it from someone on-line but I told her when she was ready I would make them for her. Here is one of them she wants me to cut out.
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#32 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:36:16 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I managed to get sketch one completed tonight. I'll wait till the lighting is better in my house to take a picture of it and post it to my blog. Then, I can post it here! I just had to try my Cuddlebug and I have to say, I love it!

Just one question, when do I use the C-mat for clarification? Thanks. So far, I've only used the b mats.
TurtleBug Offline
#33 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:27:57 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 960 time(s) in 622 post(s)
Hi Ladies,
Just now signing in for first time today. Had a Dr. appointment in the a.m. and then my monthly lunch with my friends from high school....fourteen of us, we started with just four about a year ago. Great fun and conversation... and food!

NancyJ. AKA carrottop
#3 and Extra Credit - LOVE IT!! Perfect Hubby/guy card, the lips and sentiment say it all! Very nice BG paper and the tiny red buttons with the black thread look great! Are the lips from Indie cart, how did you make them look so luscious??LOL LOL

NanaDonna
#1 and Ad Colors - LOVE the floral paper, it has it all...flowers, butterflies, Bling and flourish, very pretty! The tag is very pretty also, so soft-looking against the bright colorful background. Will have to try cutting on vinyl, does it already come with some kind of adhesive on the back? Is it easy to remove from the mat?
Save yourself the workLOL LOL ...I have seen that wall sentiment, maybe not the same font (among others) at Kohl's, in the candle and frames section. It is a beautiful wall decoration!

Now to go find a sketch to make my Ad Color card.BigGrin!

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:30:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#34 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:49:27 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: christineramey8b61e521 Go to Quoted Post
I managed to get sketch one completed tonight. I'll wait till the lighting is better in my house to take a picture of it and post it to my blog. Then, I can post it here! I just had to try my Cuddlebug and I have to say, I love it!

Just one question, when do I use the C-mat for clarification? Thanks. So far, I've only used the b mats.

christine,
The "C" plate is used with your cutting dies....like Spellbinders, Sizzix, etc. You might want to use a set of the "B" plates JUST with the "C" plate and another set of "B" plates JUST with your "A" plate. When you use cutting dies, your "B" plate will get embossed, which does happen.
I hope this makes sense to you and I didn't confuse you more. Just follow the sandwich instructions for the Cuttlebug machine from the folder that is included with your SpellBinders.
Hopefully, NanaDonna, Raquel or some of the ladies with more experience than I can explain it to you better than I did.Laugh

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:50:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#35 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 9:55:20 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
christine,
The "C" plate is used with your cutting dies....like Spellbinders, Sizzix, etc. You might want to use a set of the "B" plates JUST with the "C" plate and another set of "B" plates JUST with your "A" plate. When you use cutting dies, your "B" plate will get embossed, which does happen.
I hope this makes sense to you and I didn't confuse you more. Just follow the sandwich instructions for the Cuttlebug machine from the folder that is included with your SpellBinders.
Hopefully, NanaDonna, Raquel or some of the ladies with more experience than I can explain it to you better than I did.Laugh

Thanks Turtlebug. . .I think I understood you to say the C mat is for cutting basically. For the sizzix and other embossing folders that are not Cricut related. Is that correct or did I misunderstand?

That's the way I though it was from what I've read in the manual already. Just trying to make sure I know how to use this correctly. :) Thanks.
SandyPalmer Offline
#36 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 5:34:55 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Nancy J, you know, it's going to take awhile to get used to the name change! Oh my gosh, those lips are fabulous! Your hubby is going to LOVE his card! Wonderful job on it!

Donna, such a pretty card! Love how you did the tag! I didn't know they made silver pearls! I bet they are quite nice!

Christineramey, you have it right! C plate is for cutting, B plate is for embossing! ThumpUp
You could look it up on youtube if you like!
#37 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 9:22:59 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Finally got my blog post up with my new card design. Enjoy guys and thanks. http://wp.me/p2Ygsl-1v

Thanks Sandy for clarifying that for me. That is what I was thinking but wanted to be sure. :)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#38 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 9:59:12 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Nancy J.: love the name change but I did love carrottop too! LOVE your lips from Indie Art. I've only used that once ages ago. Awesome card!

*NanaDonna*:
very pretty tag card... love the way you embellished it. Great job getting all 3 sketches done already. Good luck making the vinyls... they're fun to work with!

christineramey8b61e521:
very pretty "celebrate" card... love the way the flowers turned out

Edited by user Friday, January 18, 2013 10:00:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot something

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#39 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 10:23:52 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Just sharing some pics of hubby...

First image is sometime in the beginning... it's still dark out since they started around 5:15 in the morning

Second image is at the end where he's showing he's completed 26 miles... he's so tired and in pain

... but he made it! YAY!

Edited by user Friday, January 18, 2013 10:25:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because of a typo :)

♥ Raquel ♥ attached the following image(s):
halfway.JPG
end.JPG
BingoLady Offline
#40 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 10:38:04 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 978 time(s) in 664 post(s)
Donna, wow,wow, what all 3 done, and they all came out nice.

Turtlebug, A very big thankyou for the soup. It was delious.Home made meatball soup.

Carol. very nice, like the image of the little bird.

Nancy, Wow , your Hubby is going to love those lips. It came out nice.

1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/18/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#41 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 10:39:20 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

My # 2 sketch
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 2 sketch 051.jpg
BingoLady Offline
#42 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 10:46:16 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Christine, I'm so sorry, I keep forgetting I have to go your Blog to see them.
and it came out so nice, like those pink colors.
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#43 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 1:48:50 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

BingoLady: very pretty card... really love that flower you used
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#44 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 1:59:04 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Here's my sketch 2... my daughter won her award in school for a project she created to celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. so my other daughter thought it was only fitting to create a card that included his image

... buttons included BigGrin

#45 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 2:18:44 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Came back to leave my comments before looking into sketch two! So here it goes:

TurtlebugLove all of your sketches you presented to us, but the bird on sketch one is very pretty. Your mom card I love with the addition of the butterfly in the center. I'm a sucker for the butterflies. So it's of course a winner for me!

NanaDonna Lover your butterfly/worm card. Love the bright colors you added to it, and I'm certain it would make anyone receiving it smile!

I also loved your butterfly happy birthday card as well. It's so pretty with that pink all over it. Good work on both cards.

BingoLadyLove the embossing folder you used on the card and the silhouette you used holding the pink flower. Nice touch on that. Very elegant for sketch 3. I also loved your lighthouse card. Very pretty but very simple too. Could be used for anyone. Love those kind of cards. You're miss you card is also pretty. It seems almost like a coastal theme going on these cards. So pretty with the buttons in the corner of your card there. Well done.

JoyfulCarol Love the bird on your card for sketch one. The frame really adds to it's dimensions. Great job.

Raquel Love the use of Martin Luther King on your card. Would have never thought to use that but it makes it very unique and it's so pretty with all of it's colors together. :)

Okay, think I got everyone if I missed you, I'll get you on the next round. Off to work on sketch two! :)
 2 users thanked christineramey8b61e521 for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/18/2013(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/20/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#46 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 3:16:42 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Christine, thankyou for the comment on the lighthoue,but Donna is the one
who made the pretty lighthouse.BigGrin BigGrin
*NanaDonna* Offline
#47 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 4:54:17 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2626 time(s) in 1383 post(s)
Hi great cards, I typed up my comments yesterday and the something happened and it didn't post. Will try again but probably not till Sunday. Just found out that Emma's Daddy is going to be in Phoenix for the weekend so we are taking Emma & her Mommy up there to visit.

ALSO had to tell you that my hubby is making me a new rack for my paper, much like the one Nancy's hubby made for her.
#48 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 7:07:52 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Originally Posted by: BingoLady Go to Quoted Post
Christine, thankyou for the comment on the lighthoue,but Donna is the one
who made the pretty lighthouse.BigGrin BigGrin

Whoops! Sorry about that! It's still very pretty. :)
TurtleBug Offline
#49 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 11:11:02 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

christine
#1 - Like the color combo and embossing, the ribbon is pretty with the printed sentiment on it. The tiny flowers match the BG perfectly. Very pretty Springtime-type card!

Raquel,
Thanks for sharing the pictures of the Marathon Man. He looks very proud of his accomplishment, as he well enough should be. Congrats to him!!
Congrats to your DD as well, good for her! LOVE the card with Dr. King's picture on it. The whole card is beautiful! Your other DD came up with an awesome idea, she will be making beautiful cards soon, just like her Mommy!

BingoLady
#1 & Extra Credit - Love the color combo, buttons and the flower in the center. Have never seen the frame cut before, is it from a cartridge or a Spellinder? Very nice card!

Have a great 3-day week-end everyone!

Edited by user Friday, January 18, 2013 11:11:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/20/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#50 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 12:02:00 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Since I had already made my three sketch cards for this week I couldn't decide on a sketch for the AC card, I knew when I first saw the AC colors I wanted to make a Wedding card. This card sort of just evolved as I went!!

My Ad Color Challenge Card:

Rose Print Paper - "Elegant Wedding" stack from DCWV
Sentimnt - Stamping cartridge
Border - EK punch
Embossing - "Swirls & Birds" CB folder
Hearts - CTMH acrylic stamp from the "It's Your Day" collection
I added pearls, pink ribbon and made a Pearl Cluster bouquet that I attached a Pearl hatpin to the bow.
TFL!! BigGrin

Gisele Offline
#51 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 6:41:38 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Christine – glad to hear you are feeling better! Pretty card and happy that you are using your new Cuttlebug!

Nancy - Great Valentine’s card for your dear hubby! Great job with the lips!

Sandy – nice to see you dropping in! Looking forward to seeing some of your beautiful creations!

Donna – I must say that you are persistent with CCR and Imagine. I really like my Gypsy and the portability when I don’t have any Internet connection. Beautiful card and I never thought of using vinyl on a card. Your daughter will be happy with the wall art that you are making.

Raquel – TFS pics of your DH’s marathon! Wow I am impressed – I am just a casual runner 5 miles maximum. Great sketch #2 easel card – Nice embossed background paper and very striking card! Congrats again to your DD!

BingoLady – What a great Sketch #2 – I like the patterned paper and solid contrasting colours! Great embossing as usual and pretty flower accent!

Turtlebug – wow! What a gorgeous wedding card in the ad colours! I love how you made a bouquet with the pearl clusters! The punched border and embossed grey patterned paper add such dimension!
 2 users thanked Gisele for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/20/2013(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/20/2013(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#52 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 6:45:15 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Here is my version of Sketch #1 in the ad colours.

Carts: Creative Memories Holiday Frames and Tags for the tag, Cupid
from Sweethearts.

Buttons from my stash and pink heart brads glued on top. "True love" Grommet and pink ribbon to finish it off.
Gisele attached the following image(s):
SAM_1308.jpg
Gisele Offline
#53 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 6:49:00 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Sketch #2 in last week's challenge ad colours BigGrin

I used Creative Memories Holiday Frames and Tags (can you tell that it is a new cart that I received at Christmas BigGrin ) for the notepaper cut and the entire frame in black and red. The letters LOVE are from Storybook.

It is snowing here so a great day to create in my craftroom.

Enjoy your weekend!

Edited by user Saturday, January 19, 2013 6:49:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SAM_1310.jpg
SandyPalmer Offline
#54 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 7:43:38 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Raquel, wow, your hubby looks good after having that long run! I think I would be lying on the floor, or bent over in exhaustion, lol! Who am I kidding, I could never run that far in my life, lol! He must be in really good shape to have completed that run! You must be very proud!
Love that easel card you made for your daughter! Wonderful, crisp feel! I don't know, everything is fabulous on it! You must be very proud of her as well! BigGrin

BingoLady, such really pretty colors and papers you used on your sketch 2 card! great embossing, and beautiful flower!

Turtlebug, oh, very pretty wedding card in the ad colors! Soft and delicate just like a wedding card should be! great job on it!

Gisele, thanks, I am trying to get in the swing of things! Love your sketch 1 card! Wonderful idea to decorate the tag and use it as your focal! It turned out quite nice! I just love everything about your sketch 2 card from last week! I so love polka dots! Drool
 3 users thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/20/2013(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/20/2013(UTC), Gisele on 1/21/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#55 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 3:41:02 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Raquel, Martin Luther King , if he would of seen this card, he would say ,Wow
what a wonderful card.

Turtlbug, the frame cut is from the Sentimental cartdrige. And your card came out so pretty with the pearls.

Gisele, wonderful tag card, love the little Cupid. And thanks for making last weeks
sketch it came out nice.
 3 users thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/20/2013(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/20/2013(UTC), Gisele on 1/21/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#56 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 4:40:34 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

# 1 sketch
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 1 sketch.jpg
Nancy J. Offline
#57 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 10:04:42 PM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Hi ladies, sorry I have not commented on your cards which are all very beautiful!!!! I have been very busy with my granddaughter Megan. Some of you might remember she broke her leg last April and had 2 plates and 15 screws put in her leg to repair that break... well since then she has been fighting infections one after another.... the infection has become a big problem so last Thursday they decide to do surgery and take those plates and screws back out of her leg... so I been spending lots of time with her. We hope that she gets to come home on Monday. Even if she does come home she will have an have IV therapy (antibotic) for about 9 weeks at home but she will be able to go back to school.

About my Valentine card with the lips...and yes the lips they were from the Indie Art Cartridge... I think that the lips look so good right from the cartridge, I really like that cut.... I cut them out of red glittered paper.... and cut some white cardstock to go behind the wholes in the lips to make them stand out.... I was going to use pink cardstock for behind the lips but I grabbed some white cardstock instead and that just seemed to work so I stayed with that idea LOL. Plus I used 3-D glue dots behind the lips to set them off the card just a bit. Sorry about the picture of that card it looks so grainy for some reason must have set my camera on a wrong setting. Glad you liked the card and thanks for the nice comments.
Gisele Offline
#58 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:40:34 AM(UTC)
Gisele

I will be back later today to comment.

Here is my version of Sketch#3 - another Valentine card. Cricut used is Creative Memories Holiday Frames and Tags for the frames and the heart. Flower was the TH tattered flower die. Embossing folders used were the Swiss dots and Swirls.

Edited by user Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:42:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SAM_1311.jpg
AcrossThePond Offline
#59 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:55:23 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Hi girls, its been snowing here for the last few days plus DH has been off work on leave so have only just got round to making my cards for this week.
This first one is for my MiL. I used a 5x5 card blank, some HOTP papers I have had for over 10 years and a stamp set by Sheena Douglas. I used PS to cut the tag shape at 3 and some gold peeloffs to hide the joins lol. I did add some glitter pen but not showing up much in the photo.

Sue

AcrossThePond Offline
#60 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 10:02:59 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
This next card is a 5x7 and uses 2 stamps from Barbara Grey at www.claritystamp.co.uk I also used some HOTP papers again. I matted using the pink from the ditsy flower and finished off with 2 buttons. I coloured in the vase using tea green Promarker pen.

Sue

Edited by user Sunday, January 20, 2013 10:04:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified