Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

germy1479305e6e Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:23:47 PM(UTC)
germy1479305e6e

Groups: Registered

I'm new to Cricut. I have a mini. Are you familiar with the cupcake wrapper and heart layer that is in Create a Critter 2? I dragged it to a layer and copied it so I'd have 2. Then, I did 'hide contour' to get rid of the wrapper only on one of them, leaving me with only the heart. I copied the heart and pasted it on another layer. Then, I made the heart smaller. I wanted to connect several of the hearts in a border, so I used copy/paste over and over and moved one heart to touch the other. But, when I did this, I got extraneous vertical 'cut' lines underneath the hearts. I cannot get rid of them. Can anyone help, please? Thanks!

P.S. I want to use the same hearts for the entire project.
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:10:44 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18935 time(s) in 8450 post(s)
Try grouping them. {Draw a selection box around all the images and then click Group on the top tool bar}. If that doesn't fix the problem, try moving the images to another position on the mat. And copy and paste from there.

If that doesn't work, it's probably because the image has been manipulated so many times. Try reducing the image to the size you need the heart and then Hide the other part.

I've had it happen a few times on projects but eventually have been able to get it welded properly.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
germy1479305e6e on 1/17/2013(UTC)
germy1479305e6e Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:28:23 PM(UTC)
germy1479305e6e

Groups: Registered

I tried grouping the random cut lines, but it automatically defaults to grouping the hearts as well as the cut lines. I believe the problem occurs when I try to weld the little hearts. As soon as they touch, a random cut line appears underneath. I don't think they are the cut lines on the wrapper, but maybe they are. They didn't come up as being able to hide though. I'll keep playing. Thanks so much for all of the suggestions!