Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages123>»
ScrappinGwen Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 12:37:06 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 781 time(s) in 616 post(s)
This is a continuation of the Secret Sister swaps from last year.

The theme for this round is based on the following poem:

SPRING

The long cold winter is melting away
A single red bird was spotted today

Through the mist the sun is peeking
Squirrels are about and acorn-seeking

New life has come to fields and woods
Kids venture out in sweatshirts with hoods

In just a few weeks the river will flow
Blossoms on trees will be starting to show

There’s still a chill in the springtime air
Winter is gone but the memory is still there

Summer is waiting a few months beyond
To warm the air and the meadow and pond

A gopher peers out from the holes that he makes
Springtime is where the whole world awakes

THE IMPORTANT DATE TO REMEMBER:
LAST DAY TO MAIL YOUR BOX TO YOUR PARTNER IS MONDAY, APRIL 30, 2013

A Due Date of April 30th means that I must have a Delivery Confirmation Number (DC#) showing that the box has been accepted at the Post Office no later than April 30. Mailing can start as early as April 1st.

NOTE: My goal is to have all swap boxes received way before Mother's Day in order that everyone may then have the time and opportunity to put some of their spring themed gifts to good use on projects for Mother’s Day (May 12) or spring birthdays or end of school year teacher gifts, Father’s Day, etc. So please check your calendars and social schedules and craft accordingly each week to be done in plenty of time. My personal experience from themed swaps is that I would really rather receive the themed items way in advance so I can enjoy them instead of packing away until next year when the holiday comes around again.

THE LECTURE:

What I’m about to say is truly common sense, but it still needs to be put in writing for you all to ponder. This swap is for those crafters who take pride in their work, insuring their projects are neat and clean, of above-average quality or workmanship, and have respect for their partner’s crafting interests. You also must be mature adults capable of following your own crafting schedule in order to complete this swap on time. My day job is babysitting children and I will not have my hobby also include the job duty of babysitting adults. Check-ins will be every couple of weeks and if you can’t be bothered to check in then don’t sign up. We all have events in our lives that take us away from crafting and mess with our schedules – so accept that fact and deal with it and acknowledge that you will make an honest effort to follow the rules of this swap accordingly.

These swaps are meant to be fun and meant to be great learning experiences for each of us but there also is a high level of responsibility that goes hand in hand with the fun part of the swap. Please be considerate of that and show respect to your partner, to the entire group of swappers and to your hostess.

It’s my responsibility as a hostess to insure that everyone has a partner that will follow the directions and the rules and make this a positive, memorable swap for her partner as well as for my hostessing duties. Therefore, I do have the last say on who may join this swap and who may not. And who may stay in the swap and who may not when they start to disrespect the rules. Further, please know that if events happen in one’s life that will create havoc with the completion of this swap that you are to let me know ASAP and keep me informed so we can make decisions on how best to handle the situation and keep the swap happy for all of us. If necessary, I will do some behind the scenes changes to keep the swap running smoothly.

My goals for this swap are that we will be crafting homemade items with very little "buying” of items for our partners. (This round actually does have one directive that is to be bought) You may be directed to craft a specific item or you may be directed to craft using a certain technique - using that technique to create or alter an idea or item of your own choice. Therefore, it’s possible that you may have to go buy a certain inexpensive item to alter. But hopefully you will find that you’ve already stashed away supplies or alterable items during your last year(s) of swapping and will be so excited to have a reason to finally put that item to use!

Just remember that we all want to receive quality work as well as receive everything instructed to be made in this swap. Please do not think it is okay to send only 3 items when 6 items were requested. And please remember that if you yourself would not be happy to receive what you have just made, then please don’t send it on to your partner. There are so many helpful people on this Message Board and in this swap forum who will gladly offer ideas, suggestions, links, etc. when asked. That is half the fun of swapping – showing each other new ideas, new techniques, new discoveries!

Edited by user Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:42:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 12:38:26 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

The following rules should be well known by experienced swappers, but here they are as a friendly reminder to all:

1. If you have flaked in a swap, please do not ask to join us.

2. As this is a partner swap and one person is counting on you to follow thru with this swap to the end and deliver a lovely spring themed swap box to her - I ask that you have experience in previous partner type swaps or have participated in several swaps familiar to me so that I feel comfortable knowing you have the experience to follow thru to the very end and complete all directives for this round.

This really is not a swap for newbies as the level of crafting and research needs to be at a higher level of experience.

3. In order to get on the sign up list you must first post a picture of something you have crafted! The excuse “I don’t know how to post pics” will not be acceptable in this swap! So please post a picture and show us that you know how to post a picture….and if you don’t….then hurry up and ask us how to so that you can figure it out and then join! It’s that simple!

Note: If you played in previous Rounds – you do not have to post a picture.

4. Please PM me your mailing address as well as an alternative way to contact you – ie: email addy or cell phone number for texting you. Thanks! This way, if you can’t get on the MB, or if your computer blows up, I have alternative ways to contact you to see why you are not posting.

5. Check in at least once every two weeks is REQUIRED. I get busy too and just ask you to stop by and say hello and answer questions that may be asked throughout the week. Of course, we all know that daily chitchat makes for a much more fun swap! A little teasing and some fun back and forth banter goes a long ways here! Plus it just may help your partner to know you better and come up with some pretty neat ideas to make for you! If you want an awesome partner with an awesome box being sent out…. you have to chat and answer questions and have a very informative MQ filled out. Common sense, right?

5a. There will also be questions that will need to be answered. The first few weeks it is important that you check in more often to make sure no new questions need answering by you. And it’s always helpful to your partner if you keep a running list of the questions and answers all in the same post - preferrably the very first post where you indicated you were joining this swap.

6. Your MQ coordinates must be listed under your avatar. (Please make sure your MQ is updated)

7. Part of the fun of being a hostess (for me) is matching up partners. If you’ve been partnered with someone plenty of times this past year, then please let me know ahead of time so that I can match you up with a new experience!

8. MAIL ON TIME! Again, please plan accordingly and try to keep up with the directives on a timely basis and be ready to mail before the DD approaches.

9. Please PM, or email me, or text me the DC# once your box has been mailed.

10. Once you receive your items, please acknowledge receipt and post pictures in a timely manner.

11. Please remember that communication is key in swaps and really helps your hostess to do a better job and be less stressed.

12. and all the other obvious rules I’ve missed - so don't try to pull a fast one on me!

13. Last but not least - DO have fun in this swap!

So who is ready to sign up?

Edited by user Saturday, January 19, 2013 1:10:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 12:39:33 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

DIRECTIVES: (THE FUN STUFF!!)
And thank you to JeanP for finding this lovely poem for us to craft from!!

SPRING

The long cold winter is melting away
A single red bird was spotted today

You will be crafting 2 cards - working with polka dots, dots, spots. (i.e. paper, ribbon and/or embellies can be polka dots, dots, spots). You have the choice of 5 different card styles found below.

My thoughts are that as this is a spring themed round, the cards will be used as Mother’s Day cards or gift card holders or female themed birthday cards or even teacher appreciation end of school year cards.

For those that want to be challenged, here are 3 different tutorials to consider:

1. http://stampartic.blogsp...tryllekort-tutorial.html

2. http://mariannespapir.bl...g-zag-card-tutorial.html

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA0DAO1dJvk

http://www.cricut.com/fo...-CardMaker-Magazine.aspx

For those that need simpler instructions, then consider either of these:

4. Criss-Cross Card
http://www.splitcoaststa...orials/criss_cross_card/
5. “Inchie on a Twinchie” card

I have scraplifted this card idea from splitcoaststampers site under “Try a New Idea” card techniques. Your card front will be embellished with an inchie on a twinchie or multiples.

1. You can use an inchie or cut 1" squares out of cardstock, chipboard, cork...whatever material you like. And then you stamp on it or add some sort of embellie to decorate this tiny one inch square.

2 .Your twinchie should be a 2" square... again, you can use any material you like. If you’d like to work with a trinchie instead, that is fine with me. Trinchie = 3 inch square. And again, you may do some embossing or border punch one side, etc. to dress it up a little bit before place the embellished inchie on top of it.

3. You can use any number of inchie/twinchies...just as long as the inchie is on top of the twinchie.

4. Do remember to incorporate polka dots or dots or spots on the card.

5. Have fun and be creative.

Here is a link to a striking male card made using inchies. How perfect for when you don't want to use ribbons and flowers on a card. These inchies are super simply made but you can also get more creative too.
http://www.splitcoaststa...2316588?&limit=last1

I'm hoping that the inchies on twinchies idea will give us a quick embellie to throw on a 3x3 notecard, for example, when you need to add a note to a swap pkg. at the last minute.

Through the mist the sun is peeking
Squirrels are about and acorn-seeking

1. BUY a misting product (ie: glimmer mist, shimmer mist, or TH empty mister bottles, etc.)

2. THEN, craft or alter a small container, gift bag or gift box to hold the product decorating either in yellow theme or sun theme or spring animals/bugs theme.

New life has come to fields and woods
Kids venture out in sweatshirts with hoods

Craft and embellish at least 2 paper dolls, teen dolls or teddy bear parade bears. These diecuts will be cut from either a Cricut machine or similar machine. It would be nice to see these presented on a tag or similar presentation.

The paper dolls should be 3.5 or 5 inches tall; not sure how the teddy bear diecuts run. The dolls should also have an embellishment or two included. Like how a baseball player would have a bat and cap. And I expect everyone to put some thought into their dolls and choose really cute paper for their clothing, shade them or use white gel pen to highlight, or maybe tiny beads or pearls for buttons, necklace, snaps, etc. These are not to be 2 pieces of paper slapped together. But I think everyone participating in this swap would go above and beyond from previous experiences.

If you do not have access to any of the paper doll cartridges available, then craft items themed around a sweatshirt, zipper, etc. ( ie: zipper flowers or a card that is made to look like a sweatshirt or hoodie)

In just a few weeks the river will flow
Blossoms on trees will be starting to show

Craft any project of your choice, as long as it is themed around flowers or trees. If you choose to make home-made flowers, then they must be presented either in an altered container or on an embellished tag, etc.. (they just can not be place in a baggie as a stand alone item)

There’s still a chill in the springtime air
Winter is gone but the memory is still there

You will be crafting scrapbook memory projects for this directive.

Please craft a total of 10 photo mats and journaling tags to be used on Layouts;
(photo mats cannot be plain squares or rectangles – they must be fancied up in some manner such as punching one edge with a border punch or making the corners fancy, embossing the panels, etc.)

OR

Create a mini album/memory book

Summer is waiting a few months beyond
To warm the air and the meadow and pond

Please create a project of your choice that is all about Mother Nature, and, keeping the highlighted word “warm” in mind, you must have at least one embellishment on the project that was made using either a heat gun or a melting pot (i.e. stamped, heat embossed verse, charm made dipping in the melting pot). And yes, shrinky dinks qualify too.

This stanza also leads us into a male themed project or Father’s Day theme, so that might be something to consider when choosing your project.

If you do not own or have access to a heat gun or melting pot, then please PM me or join one of the several wishlist RAK threads and request some type of embossed item/verse to use in your project.

A gopher peers out from the holes that he makes
Springtime is where the whole world awakes

Choose one:

Create an altered frame or photo box (i.e. inserted picture would be peering out!)

Or craft a tissue box holder (i.e. tissue pops out of a tissue box cover!)

Or craft a project that incorporates “holes” (i.e. beads are full of holes and a mini picture frame or TH clear fragment charm so a chunky charm dangle could satisfy this directive; Tilda or Edwin peering out of a ship port hole)

AS ALWAYS, THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX IS ALLOWED AS LONG AS THE CONNECTION CAN EASILY BE MADE TO THE HIGHLIGHTED WORD AND BE SIMILAR TO THE CRAFT DIRECTIVE AND ALSO BE IN LINE WITH THE OVERALL SPRING THEME OF THIS SWAP.

Quick look at the Directives:
Make 2 cards
Buy misting product and present it in an altered container
Make at least 2 paper dolls, presented nicely
Flower or tree project of your choice
10 Photo Mats and Journaling Tags or a Mini album
Mother Nature Project with heat embossed embellie
Altered Frame, tissue box holder or project with “holes”.

Edited by user Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:25:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 12:40:44 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Participants:

1. Scrappingwen Received from AmyLendall, pictures posted
2. CraftyOldBat Received from Jen, pictures posted
3. CandyHazzard Received from COB, pictures posted
4. DeniseEmmerich Received from JeanP, pictures posted
5. Planlady19 Received from DeniseKenna, pictures posted
6. CraftyMomof2 Received from Candy, pictures posted
7. JeanP Received from CraftyMomof2, pictures posted
8. DeniseKenna Received from Scrappingwen, pictures posted
9. Scraprageous Received from DeniseE, pictures posted
10.Jen Received from Evelyn, pictures posted
11. AmyLendall Received from Scraprageous, pictures posted
12. EvelynRobinson_1 Received from PlanLady19, pictures posted

Edited by user Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:43:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 12:41:53 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

RUNNING LIST OF QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ANSWERED BY EACH PARTICIPANT:

1. Keeping in mind this is a spring themed swap - do you have a favorite color or color combo that you would enjoy for this round?

2. Or, is there a color or color combo that you really would prefer to not see on your projects?

(you either love pink or hate pink, for instance)

3. Do you have a favorite style of crafting?

ie: simple, vintage, steampunk, grunge, girly girly, frilly, shabby chic

4. Is there a style of crafting you'd like to be introduced to?

5. Regarding the card directive, if there is an occasion you would be more apt to use the cards for, then please mention it here.

ie: Mother's Day, Bday, Father's Day, last day of school for teacher, etc.

6. Regarding the "mist" directive - Michaels is selling glimmer mist now, maybe ACMoore too. There are other misting products too, shimmer mists at HL.

If you've recently purchased a certain color then you might want to list that here so your SS doesn't buy you the same color you already own. But otherwise, I'm not sure that we can list a color or product we'd prefer to receive as where your SS is able to shop at may not allow her to have full range of all colors or products.

7. Regarding the paperdoll or characters: Please give some hints to your SS, if you have a special use for a boy vs. a girl paperdoll or a princess or Disney character.

8. Regarding the "memory" directive: If you do LOs, please let your SS know what size pages
or if you don't do LOs or don't need a mini album of any sort or style, please mention that here.

9. What do you LOVE about Spring? List some thoughts that hopefully your SS can craft with for you!

10. Do you have have a favorite flower?

11. Do you have a favorite bug/spring animal/bird?

ie butterfly, dragonfly, ladybug, bees, cardinal, fawn, squirrel, etc.

12. Do you have wall space or shelf space to display projects?

13. Regarding the "peering out from holes" directive: Do you have room for another altered frame or photo cube, or do you already have an altered spring tissue box?

14. Are you hoping your SS will choose to create something besides an altered frame or tissue box for you?

15. Do you enjoy seeing altered or embellished projects with Fairies?

16. List a few projects you'd be interested in receiving from your SS.

ie: I need notecards to include in my box swaps
I didn't sign up for the altered mousetrap swap but think it would be cool to receive one
I've been enjoying all the pics posted of ________________________ in other swaps.
I have yet to receive a ____________ in any of these swaps, and I really, really wish I would receive it!!!

17. What color(s)are your craftroom, kitchen and bathroom.

18. What type of layouts do you do? Masculine, particular hobbies, girly, vintage, beachy, nature, etc.

These will give ideas on colors of tissue boxes, frames ann photo cubes along with styles and colors of mats and journaling tags.

19. Coffee or Tea or something else?

20. Do you garden? What do you plant?

21. what size tissue box do you usually buy? the smaller square box? or the bigger rectangular box?

22. If you were to get a mini album specifically for you, what colors, style and papers would you want to be used it?

Edited by user Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:25:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 12:42:58 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

RUNNING LIST OF QUESTIONS:

1. Keeping in mind this is a spring themed swap - do you have a favorite color or color combo that you would enjoy for this round?

I can go any way with this. I like pastels, I like pinks and yellows, I love red and I also like bright colors. So you really can't go wrong with me and any color that makes you think Springtime.

2. Or, is there a color or color combo that you really would prefer to not see on your projects?

I'm not that keen on pink/black combo.

I enjoy learning and experiencing all the styles. I'm fine with simple and clean in the spring or vintage images in the spring too. Grunge would be my last choice - when it comes to spring themed projects.

5. Regarding the card directive, if there is an occasion you would be more apt to use the cards for, then please mention it here.

Mother's Day and my mom's birthday are the same week....so something like a criss cross card that I could slip a gift card into would be perfect for her. Flowers would be a great theme and she would not be keen on yellow being the main focal color.

6. Regarding the "mist" directive - Michaels is selling glimmer mist now, maybe ACMoore too. There are other misting products too, shimmer mists at HL.

I use either gold tones or shimmery like a frost or sparkly glimmer mist often. So you could not go wrong sending any of those to replenish my stash.

7. Regarding the paperdoll or characters: Please give some hints to your SS, if you have a special use for a boy vs. a girl paperdoll or a princess or Disney character.

DGD Madison is 10; DGS is 7 and is playing baseball again this spring. Any princess or Disney character could be useful to me too.

8. Regarding the "memory" directive: If you do LOs, please let your SS know what size pages
or if you don't do LOs or don't need a mini album of any sort or style, please mention that here.

I would find most useful photo mats or journaling cards for 8x8 pages as I'm hoping that the 10yo girls will work on scrapbooks this summer so having a stash started for them would be wonderful!

9. What do you LOVE about Spring? List some thoughts that hopefully your SS can craft with for you!

OMGosh! What do I not love about spring??!! The warmer days, the sunshine, the flowers popping up, the birds chirping! Getting rid of all the brown and seeing all the green leaves and grass cover the hillsides and the pretty colors of flowers in the yards too.

10. Do you have have a favorite flower?

Tulips - pink or red; daisies.... really any flower for me though!

ladybugs and butterflies too! Red cardinal, a bluejay that visit my yard. Love catching the glimpse of a fawn off in the fields as we drive someplace.

12. Do you have wall space or shelf space to display projects?

I have lots of shelf space in kitchen and LR; not so much room in my craftroom. Some wall space anywhere in house.

13. Regarding the "peering out from holes" directive: Do you have room for another altered frame or photo cube, or do you already have an altered spring tissue box?

I do not own a tissue box cover and I always have use for another altered frame or photo box of any style. DGC's pics would mostly likely go in those.

14. Are you hoping your SS will choose to create something besides an altered frame or tissue box for you?

I am actually fine with which ever way my SS decides to go.

15. Do you enjoy seeing altered or embellished projects with Fairies? yes

I do need notecards (3x3 or A2 size) to include in my box swaps
I do not need a CREATE Banner as I have a lovely one displayed in my craftroom
If you have been making chunky charm dangles, then I have need to fill my Eiffel Tower received last round
I've not attempted the altered ticket strips, or altered bingo cards or flower sprays.
As mentioned above, anything that 10YO girls would enjoy using on LO pages would be handy too. We have a pool so lots of pool pictures to scrap to give you an idea of colors that would work best for this purpose.

My craftroom is beige walls, hunter green rug, medium wood tone furniture
Kitchen is yellow top half of wall, brick red bottom half of wall with a fruit border of same colors and sage green leaves
Bathroom is floral, tiny print, all pastel colors.

18. What type of layouts do you do? Masculine, particular hobbies, girly, vintage, beachy, nature, etc.

I don't do LOs but I hope DGD will be doing LOs this summer. Pictures will be collection of pictures I've taken during babysitting hours, outside play, pool, amusement park outings, and best friend themes. So really any colors will do and any themes or styles as there is always a picture from the past 10 years that will fall into that category or color scheme. lol

These will give ideas on colors of tissue boxes, frames ann photo cubes along with styles and colors of mats and journaling tags.

19. Coffee or Tea or something else? Something else, I don't do coffee at all, ever! I do drink unsweetened iced tea though, with lemon

20. Do you garden? What do you plant? I do not garden, however I do enjoy planting flowers, all varieties.

21. what size tissue box do you usually buy? the smaller square box? or the bigger rectangular box?

I would actually like to have a tissue box for my craftroom. And the smaller square box is the style I would prefer as it takes up less space.

22. If you were to get a mini album specifically for you, what colors, style and papers would you want to be used it?

Hmmm, this is hard to answer as I don't find myself in too many pictures as I do most of the picture taking, and then I don't necessarily take a lot or take pictures often!

One idea that comes to mind is would be "Our Vacations" as we do enjoy taking sightseeing vacations often enough this past several years. So I find myself in those pictures from time to time.

Colors would probably be bright and cheery, fun colors, colors that go well with pictures taken outside. Which could be from colors that go well with Grand Canyon or Mt. Rushmore to the pretty green scenery in Vermont and Maine to the blues of beach scenes. So a variety of colors works for me too!

Edited by user Saturday, February 16, 2013 11:11:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftyOldBat Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 1:37:00 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 410 time(s) in 341 post(s)
It's about time... LOL LOL LOL

Me! Me! Me!

1. Keeping in mind this is a spring themed swap - do you have a favorite color or color combo that you would enjoy for this round? Nature colors - greens, blues, light yellows, white, orange, purples

2. Or, is there a color or color combo that you really would prefer to not see on your projects? Pink only as an accent color and the lighter the better

3. Do you have a favorite style of crafting? C&S, Vintage, Steampunk, Classic. I just don't like frilly, girly, overly embellished or Grunge.

4. Is there a style of crafting you'd like to be introduced to? No

5. Regarding the card directive, if there is an occasion you would be more apt to use the cards for, then please mention it here. General use cards: Birthday, Thinking of You, Hello

6. Regarding the "mist" directive - Michaels is selling glimmer mist now, maybe ACMoore too. There are other misting products too, shimmer mists at HL. Prefer light colors if possible as I have lots of darker shades.

7. Regarding the paperdoll or characters: DS in the Navy & DD in the Army, DD going for RN after deployment, Mom was a veterinarian, anything family oriented. My LOs are 12x12 size appropriately please.

8. Regarding the "memory" directive: 12x12 LOs

9. What do you LOVE about Spring? Sunshine, flowers, cleanliness, walking, hiking, warmth

10. Do you have have a favorite flower? daisy, lily

11. Do you have a favorite bug/spring animal/bird? dragonfly or robin

12. Do you have wall space or shelf space to display projects? more wall but some shelf

13. Regarding the "peering out from holes" directive: Anything's fine. If tissue box cover- blues, greens or yellow

14. Are you hoping your SS will choose to create something besides an altered frame or tissue box for you? Not necessarily

15. Do you enjoy seeing altered or embellished projects with Fairies? yes but real fairies not Disney

16. List a few projects you'd be interested in receiving from your SS: Embellishments for cards/LOs, stamped/embossed words or phrases, 3x3 or 4x4 note cards for swap boxes, die cuts plain or embossed, photo mats, treat bags for care packages (DD deploying soon)

17. What color(s)are your craftroom, kitchen and bathroom? Craftroom = beige w/ slate blue accents and white wood Kitchen = black/white/ugly yellow-gold accents Bathrooms = light green upstairs light yellow downstairs Mom's room = blue w/blue accents if you wanted to do a tissue box holder for her

18. What type of layouts do you do? Masculine, particular hobbies, girly, vintage, beachy, nature, etc.? Lots of FAMILY: holidays, vacations, school, pool parties and non-family ones are mostly Parrot Head parties (think tropical, bright colors, Tiki designs,island decor)

19. Coffee or Tea or something else?Don't drink coffee or tea, mostly water

20. Do you garden? What do you plant? I should garden but I really suck at it. We have mostly perennials so all I really have to do is weed them LOL

21. what size tissue box do you usually buy? the smaller square box? or the bigger rectangular box? rectangular

22. If you were to get a mini album specifically for you, what colors, style and papers would you want to be used on it? Purple & black w/roses and Harley Davidson theme for DD

Edited by user Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:57:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CandyHazzard Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 1:55:58 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Me too ...

1. Keeping in mind this is a spring themed swap - do you have a favorite color or color combo that you would enjoy for this round? I’m pretty easy going when it comes to colour, I like most of them … I do like spring colours, pinks, yellows, greens

(you either love pink or hate pink, for instance) don’t hate any colour

3. Do you have a favorite style of crafting? I do a bit of everything, and am really bad at categorizing my style … OK, I don’t think I do girly girly and very little frilly

4. Is there a style of crafting you'd like to be introduced to? Not that I can think of

5. Regarding the card directive, if there is an occasion you would be more apt to use the cards for, then please mention it here. I don’t send a lot of cards, mostly generic for putting in swaps is good, Christmas or Birthday

6. Regarding the "mist" directive - Michaels is selling glimmer mist now, maybe ACMoore too. There are other misting products too, shimmer mists at HL. I don’t have a lot of glimmer mists so any colour would do, I do need black

7. Regarding the paperdoll or characters: Please give some hints to your SS, if you have a special use for a boy vs. a girl paperdoll or a princess or Disney character. I can always use dancers or football players

or if you don't do LOs or don't need a mini album of any sort or style, please mention that here. I only do 12X12 or mini albums

9. What do you LOVE about Spring? List some thoughts that hopefully your SS can craft with for you! I love that I can leave the house in flip-flops and no coat, and all the ugly brown snow is replaced by green grass

10. Do you have have a favorite flower? Love roses

11. Do you have a favorite bug/spring animal/bird? Butterflies

12. Do you have wall space or shelf space to display projects? Not really, but more wall than shelf

13. Regarding the "peering out from holes" directive: Do you have room for another altered frame or photo cube, or do you already have an altered spring tissue box? frame yes I have room, tissue box would also be fine

14. Are you hoping your SS will choose to create something besides an altered frame or tissue box for you? I like it when someone creates their specialty for me, but I would be happy with a frame or tissue box

15. Do you enjoy seeing altered or embellished projects with Fairies? DGD loves fairies and she steals half my swaps ☺

16. List a few projects you'd be interested in receiving from your SS. I can always use notecards for swaps, a spring wreath would be nice, cause I have the Christmas one up in my family room and I have decided that door needs on all year ☺, any notebook, organizer for my DGD (Yellow is her favourite colour so very springy)

17. What color(s)are your craftroom, kitchen and bathroom. don't have a craftroom (mostly craft in dining room which is burgundy and pale pink), Pink/forest green, blue

18. What type of layouts do you do? Masculine, particular hobbies, girly, vintage, beachy, nature, etc. I match the theme to the pictures, so any of these may be possible

19. Coffee or Tea or something else? Coffee in the morning, tea the rest of the day if I want a hot drink

20. Do you garden? What do you plant? No, I kill plants

21.If you were to get a mini album specifically for you, what colors, style and papers would you want to be used on it? Probably vintage, with flowers; or something I could put dance pictures in.

Edited by user Monday, February 18, 2013 4:45:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeniseE Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 5:42:24 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Me me me me me me!!

Denise

1. Keeping in mind this is a spring themed swap - do you have a favorite color or color combo that you would enjoy for this round?[Blues, light greens and flowery colors.

(you either love pink or hate pink, for instance)Please, no neon colors

3. Do you have a favorite style of crafting? Not really, if I see something I like I you tube it...getting into vintage shabby chic now.

4. Is there a style of crafting you'd like to be introduced to? Steampunk, the more I see it the more I like it.

ie: Mother's Day, Bday, Father's Day, last day of school for teacher, etc.I lost my parents many years ago, so mothers day for sisters would be cool.

If you've recently purchased a certain color then you might want to list that here so your SS doesn't buy you the same color you already own. But otherwise, I'm not sure that we can list a color or product we'd prefer to receive as where your SS is able to shop at may not allow her to have full range of all colors or products.

7. Regarding the paperdoll or characters: Please give some hints to your SS, if you have a special use for a boy vs. a girl paperdoll or a princess or Disney character. My niece just got the lead in The Little Mermaid at school and the show is in May, do maybe something along those lines. If not..than your choice, I can and do always find uses.

or if you don't do LOs or don't need a mini album of any sort or style, please mention that here. I do not do many layouts and I use 8x8 when I do, but a mini album would be wonderful

9. What do you LOVE about Spring? List some thoughts that hopefully your SS can craft with for you! The chirping birds,nature renewing itself, warm weather finally.

10. Do you have have a favorite flower? Daisy and though not Spring...sunflower

ie butterfly, dragonfly, ladybug, bees, cardinal, fawn, squirrel, etc. I love butterflys and dragonflys. The first red robin of sprin also thrills me.

12. Do you have wall space or shelf space to display projects? Shelf space more than wall space, really.

13. Regarding the "peering out from holes" directive: Do you have room for another altered frame or photo cube, or do you already have an altered spring tissue box? I do not have an altered tissue box, would love one. Or a photo cube would be cool.

14. Are you hoping your SS will choose to create something besides an altered frame or tissue box for you? no not really, I would like her to create something in her comfort zone, or what ever else she wants to do.

15. Do you enjoy seeing altered or embellished projects with Fairies? I love seeing them, but have never made one or had one created for me.

ie: I need notecards to include in my box swaps I do need notecards to include in my swaps, and would love some created for me.
I didn't sign up for the altered mousetrap swap but think it would be cool to receive one
I've been enjoying all the pics posted of _______Steam Punk_________________ in other swaps.
I have yet to receive a ____________ in any of these swaps, and I really, really wish I would receive it!!!
17. What color(s)are your craftroom, kitchen and bathroom. Craftroom is beige, with a touch of beige and a hint of beige (boring) kitchen is Mauve and blue and main bathroom is fishy colors...LOL blues, greens, yellows and a goldfish rug. 1/2 bath is blue and the kids bath is disgusting....

18. What type of layouts do you do? Masculine, particular hobbies, girly, vintage, beachy, nature, etc. No real rhyme or reason with my layouts, although they are all 8x8

These will give ideas on colors of tissue boxes, frames and photo cubes along with styles and colors of mats and journaling tags.

19. Coffee or Tea or something else?Keurig coffee only, Vanilla or Caramel Cafe express

20. Do you garden? What do you plant? Sadly no gardening....

21. what size tissue box do you usually buy? the smaller square box? or the bigger rectangular box? The Boutique (smaller square box)

22. If you were to get a mini album specifically for you, what colors, style and papers would you want to be used it? Mickey, Minnie Disney World Theme. My nephew is special needs and one of the highlights of his year is their vacation To Disney World in FL. They have a ton of pictures and he loves going through them when we are there.

Edited by user Friday, March 01, 2013 6:21:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

planlady19 Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 9:10:26 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 283 time(s) in 265 post(s)
me three...LOL LOL LOL

you should have known just to add my name ...

OK this is really going to challenge me.. heat embossing and I don't get along.. LOL

2. Or, is there a color or color combo that you really would prefer to not see on your projects? NO PINK

(you either love pink or hate pink, for instance)

3. Do you have a favorite style of crafting? steam punk, shabby chic, grungy anything but cutesy

ie: Mother's Day, Bday, Father's Day, last day of school for teacher, etc.

6. Regarding the "mist" directive - Michaels is selling glimmer mist now, maybe ACMoore too. There are other misting products too, shimmer mists at HL. any color is good but i use a lot of diamond or pearl mist.. I mix it with my inks to make my own colors..just a thought.

7. Regarding the paperdoll or characters: Please give some hints to your SS, if you have a special use for a boy vs. a girl paperdoll or a princess or Disney character. boys or disney pirates my grandsons both like jake the pirate

or if you don't do LOs or don't need a mini album of any sort or style, please mention that here. trying to get my los done and they are 12 x 12

9. What do you LOVE about Spring? List some thoughts that hopefully your SS can craft with for you! frogs and flowers

10. Do you have have a favorite flower? love them all

11. Do you have a favorite bug/spring animal/bird? frogs and red birds

ie butterfly, dragonfly, ladybug, bees, cardinal, fawn, squirrel, etc.

12. Do you have wall space or shelf space to display projects? either is fine

13. Regarding the "peering out from holes" directive: Do you have room for another altered frame or photo cube, or do you already have an altered spring tissue box? any of these are fine

14. Are you hoping your SS will choose to create something besides an altered frame or tissue box for you? as you all know i am always looking for something different so if it is weird that that is for me.

15. Do you enjoy seeing altered or embellished projects with Fairies? ype love g45 paper

16. List a few projects you'd be interested in receiving from your SS. still thinking on this.

ie: I need notecards to include in my box swaps
I've been enjoying all the pics posted of ________________________ in other swaps.

17. What color(s)are your craftroom, kitchen and bathroom. green , green and green.. just different shades .. all in the lighter softer tones.

18. What type of layouts do you do? Masculine, particular hobbies, girly, vintage, beachy, nature, etc. haha i really need to do my grandsons.. christmas ones..so anything is fine .

19. Coffee or Tea or something else? niether.. hot cocoa

20. Do you garden? What do you plant? love flowers..any and all

21. If you were to get a mini album specifically for you, what colors, style and papers would you want to be used on it? OK here are two choices. if you want to keep with the spring theme anything shabby chic, steampunked in the light greens and browns. If you don't then anything with a snowman theme.. in winter colors of white, icy blue, deep red and hunter green..

ok you asked..lol

Edited by user a day ago | Reason: Not specified

Edited by user Monday, February 18, 2013 5:21:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 9:41:53 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Originally Posted by: planlady19 Go to Quoted Post

OK this is really going to challenge me.. heat embossing and I don't get along.. LOL

Terri

Maybe you'd best get on the ABC rak thread and hope the letter E or H or V (verse) comes up real soon so you can wish for a heat embossed item! lol

craftymomof2 Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 1:04:13 AM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
I want in!!! I have never heat embossed but I have wanted to try it so this will help me jump on out there.

Hugs, LanaBigGrin
ScrappinGwen Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 10:59:37 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

btt
planlady19 Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 2:24:52 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Kelly has promised to teach me.. good luck..

so if all else fails. Kelly will have to do it..LOL LOL

terri
JeanP Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 2:39:53 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 952 time(s) in 766 post(s)
I am back!!!!!

Sign me upBigGrin

1. Keeping in mind this is a spring themed swap - do you have a favorite color or color combo that you would enjoy for this round? I think of daffodils and tulips when spring comes around. So a combo of Yellow/white/orange would be nice. I like pink, red and purple tulips.

No bright/neon colors. Pastels or naturals are good

3. Do you have a favorite style of crafting? Simple, but I have tried all kinds

4. Is there a style of crafting you'd like to be introduced to? No
5. Regarding the card directive, if there is an occasion you would be more apt to use the cards for, then please mention it here. Birthday or Sympathy

6. Regarding the "mist" directive - Michaels is selling glimmer mist now, maybe ACMoore too. There are other misting products too, shimmer mists at HL. I have a few colors but nothing blue or purple

7. Regarding the paperdoll or characters: Please give some hints to your SS, if you have a special use for a boy vs. a girl paperdoll or a princess or Disney character. I do lots of layouts of our trips. Usually we do beach vacations but have been in the Southwest(Arizona & Nevada) and also New England . So anything that would go on a layout for these themes would be great. We beach it, explore,& hike.
Particular paperdolls(if you want to be specific) would be:
1. DH(white hair, mustache & cleancut whiskers) decked out for fishing.
2. My boss who rides a trike. White hair, mustache & clean cut whiskers, leathers, pointed boots, sunglasses and a do-rag!!!!

I don’t need mini albums.
I do 12x12 layouts and use 3 ½ X 5, 4X6 and 5X7 photos

It means the end of Winter!!!!Green grass, flowers, warmer weather, apple blossoms

10. Do you have a favorite flower? Daylily, daffodil and Iris are my favorites

11. Do you have a favorite bug/spring animal/bird? I like butterflies and chipmunks

12. Do you have wall space or shelf space to display projects? Some wall space but not much

I have an 8X10 picture of Sam Elliott that could use a frame. An inspirational photo cube for my DD would be nice also. A spring tissue box cover in Dark pink/rose for my bathroom would also be nice.

14. Are you hoping your SS will choose to create something besides an altered frame or tissue box for you? I'm not too fussy. I tend to go for useful items

15. Do you enjoy seeing altered or embellished projects with Fairies? NO

Anything useful that I can use on layouts or cards. Stamped and embossed sayings or words come to mind. I love to use different fonts for each letter of a word. So embellished chipboard letters would come in handy. Adds to the look of a layoutSmile
I need small note cards to include in my box swaps
I've been enjoying all the pics posted of the altered ticket strips in other swaps.

Craftroom is green with wood trim. Kitchen is beige with black appliances. Bathroom(s) one light blue and one rose

18. What type of layouts do you do? Masculine, particular hobbies, girly, vintage, beachy, nature, etc. Mostly trips, so beach and nature would work best. Fishing for DH and I do have an 8X8 album for "kitty".

19. Coffee or Tea or something else? Tea at home, coffee everywhere else. I am known to have a glass of wine now and thenBigGrin

20. Do you garden? What do you plant?
We have a vegetable garden with tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, summer squashes and cucmbers. We have to fence it in because of the deer!!!!
I also have flower gardens. Mostly Daylilies but I have a woodswalk with all woodsy plants and flowers. I have to redo one of my long neglected pereniel gardens this year. So overgrown!!!

21. what size tissue box do you usually buy? the smaller square box? or the bigger rectangular box? I use both but more of the larger rectangular ones.

Anything beachy, not too frilly, maybe modern, any papers and beachy colors-blues,greens,(water) yellow, orange(sunsets). We fish (DH does), drink, walk, swim, shop and lounge around during our vacation. Love to dine on the water. Sometimes we take a boat ride.BigGrin

Edited by user Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:26:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: more questions to answer

DeniseKenna Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:13:33 PM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 129 post(s)
I want to play!!!! Gywnne, I will be gone on vacation March 2-16 and won't have wifi (or not sure if I will as it is a cruise Love ) If that's okay, I'll play ;)

Blue, orange, yellow

I'm not a big pastels fan

I like just about anything except super frilly. Kinda leaning toward Steampunk

4. Is there a style of crafting you'd like to be introduced to? ???? Not sure

Blank cards are probably best. Or general "Hi/Hello"

If you've recently purchased a certain color then you might want to list that here so your SS doesn't buy you the same color you already own. But otherwise, I'm not sure that we can list a color or product we'd prefer to receive as where your SS is able to shop at may not allow her to have full range of all colors or products. Was there a question here? LOL I have lots of blues and some reds and greens in shimmer mists. Summery oranges or yellows might be nice

7. Regarding the paperdoll or characters: Please give some hints to your SS, if you have a special use for a boy vs. a girl paperdoll or a princess or Disney character. Hmmmm, I don't have the teen cart. Aidan (11) plays guitar, football. Delanie is 13 and a typical teeny girl. Cel phone and make up but not boys yet.

or if you don't do LOs or don't need a mini album of any sort or style, please mention that here. I'd love something smash bookish. Not sure how someone would do it but it would be neat to see what you come up with.

9. What do you LOVE about Spring? List some thoughts that hopefully your SS can craft with for you! I hate breakup!Blink Our spring takes a long time to get here. I do love pussywillows and the return of lots of birds. I also like how we start getting long days!

10. Do you have have a favorite flower? Peony, Giant Sunflowers, poppies

Hmmm, I guess ladybugs. I do love the CC/CC2 cart animals

12. Do you have wall space or shelf space to display projects? Yes

Don't really need a tissue box. Would love a way to display a cruise photo or 2

15. Do you enjoy seeing altered or embellished projects with Fairies? I like cartoon types of fairies over pastel kind. Love these new nymphs http://www.7kidscollegef...esults.asp?Search=toread

I would love a wine glass made up with alcohol inks/ etching or something like that. One I could still drink out of. I've seen these on pinterest etc. but haven't tried it.

17. What color(s)are your craftroom, kitchen and bathroom. Craft room is denim, yellow, orange, My kitchen is neutral and so is bathroom . I have family photos up the stairwell.

18. What type of layouts do you do? Masculine, particular hobbies, girly, vintage, beachy, nature, etc. I use the old baybox system

19. Coffee or Tea or something else? Coffee and then sweet tea sometimes

20. Do you garden? What do you plant? Tend to try to grow some of those big AK veggies. Cabbage, zucchini. I love rosemary and basil

21. Tissue box we usually buy is the square ones. Don't really need holder though.

22. If you were to get a mini album specifically for you, what colors, style and papers would you want to be used on it? Hmmmm, It would be up to my partner. I really like Steampunk but don't know how you could do that with springish colors? That would be a challenge!

Edited by user Monday, February 18, 2013 6:55:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftyOldBat Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:28:47 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 410 time(s) in 341 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DeniseKenna Go to Quoted Post
I want to play!!!! Gywnne, I will be gone on vacation March 2-16 and won't have wifi (or not sure if I will as it is a cruise Love ) If that's okay, I'll play ;)

Glad to see your nameSmile ; got a bit worried after hearing that Mother Nature was taking her wrath out on AK not too long ago Scared
ScrappinGwen Offline
#18 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:03:41 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Please tell me you are going on a cruise outside of Alaska, Denise! LOL

what cruise line are you going on?

Going on vacation mid March will have no effect on this swap and thanks for letting me know in advance you won't be checking in at that time.
DeniseKenna Offline
#19 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 6:39:13 PM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
Please tell me you are going on a cruise outside of Alaska, Denise! LOL

what cruise line are you going on?

Going on vacation mid March will have no effect on this swap and thanks for letting me know in advance you won't be checking in at that time.

BWAHahahahaLOL LOL
Yes, outside of AK! We are going to the Caribbean and visiting the Panama Canal. My dad is taking us and the kids ThumpUp Woot ThumpUp So excited to THAW out. Celebrity is the line. Honestly an AK cruise usually starts in WA and does SouthEast AK which I've never been to. Wouldn't mind one in the summer.

COB~yes, Mother Nature has been a bit all over the place with us this winter! Now it is snowing and feelng once again like winter.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#20 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 6:43:58 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Our friends really enjoyed their Celebrity ship a few years ago. That's great that you are going to do the Panama Canal. I think that would be cool!
CandyHazzard Offline
#21 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 7:51:38 AM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Sounds like a great cruise Denise ... cruise ships do have wifi ... but it's outrageously expensive, about $20 an hour.
DeniseKenna Offline
#22 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 1:39:29 PM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

I figured they would have wifi but am really hoping to be out of the loop entirelyFlapper Any suggestions from cruise experienced peeps is welcome. We're total newbies to the experience.

Hmmmm maybe shrink plastic would work for the heat item????? YOu can just do those in your oven.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#23 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 2:08:39 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Originally Posted by: DeniseKenna Go to Quoted Post

Hmmmm maybe shrink plastic would work for the heat item????? YOu can just do those in your oven.

Now lookie here....someone is already thinking outside the box about the heat item. lol

This really should be a pretty simple and quick round. I don't think the time needed to craft the 7 directives will be all that bad this time around. Which is a nice change following the Christmas round and gives us opportunities to do some other crafting or swaps, etc.

So please join this round, if you haven't yet. It's one of the simplest rounds we've had - I think!

planlady19 Offline
#24 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 3:43:59 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Denise sounds like you have a lot of fun coming up..

Gwen anything to do with heat right now would be nice.. The chill factor here for the next two days is not being very nice.

brrrrr...

terri
ScrappinGwen Offline
#25 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 4:16:04 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

same here with the chilly weather! Just said on the news to expect zero to five below tonight! BRRRR!!

Hate that!
Scraprageous Offline
#26 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 4:48:23 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
I love themed things and this looks like fun. Gwen - I sent you a pm as I am not sure what types of photos you want posted.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#27 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 6:01:49 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

just post anything to show you know how to post a picture here on the MB. Most post a picture of something they have crafted.

Welcome and thanks for joining!
Scraprageous Offline
#28 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 6:45:03 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
Hmm - what to post?

How about a short/sweet/super quick tag I created today. Using only paper, stamps and a piece of ribbon

If you are curious about supplies - they are posted over on my blog.
JeanP Offline
#29 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 6:47:19 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 952 time(s) in 766 post(s)
We have almost 2" of snow all ready!!!!!! Supposed to snow all night and then hit the single digits for the next 3 days!!!!!

I want to go back to the DominicanBigGrin BigGrin

DeniseE Offline
#30 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:26:41 AM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 306 post(s)
We are experiencing our first real cold....in the teens cold. Got about an inch of snow tonight, but now all it is is an icy mess. The steps leading to my car look treacherous and according to the ice melt, it does not work in cold temps...really?I want my 50's back.

Denise