Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<34567>»
DeniseKenna Offline
#121 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 8:58:21 AM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Wow Those are some frilly cards on that Heartfelt Creations sight! I tend to like something a bit less busy myself but I did really like one of the folded ones. Maybe I'll try it.

Hope all are doing well. I'm ready for my vacation but it's a month away!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#122 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 9:01:03 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 758 time(s) in 599 post(s)
Amy, most cards are far easier than you think. And sometimes it's just a matter of collecting certain supplies or tools to make it all easier. lol

I emailed the picture to Jean and it emailed fine (I think anyways). So now we'll see if she can maybe post it here for me. Though she may not be on as much today cuz I bet they lost electricity from storm Nemo.

Now I need to be given instructions on how to add pictures to a post other then using the "attach" button. Anyone?

craftymomof2 Offline
#123 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:59:29 PM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
JCI, I have started on this swap. I have lots of ideas just hope I can create them. Hope everyone stays safe and warm this weekend!

Hugs, Lana
CraftyOldBat Offline
#124 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:08:03 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 408 time(s) in 340 post(s)
DD left this morning; never did get to see her before she left.Sad Plow guy finally came this morning, now I gotta go shovel some more. I need Spring.

I wanted to see if I could still post pics where everyone is having so much trouble. Apparently I can only see/post from IE. This is our pool area; we had no snow prior to "Nemo". The white fence you can barely see is 3 1/2 feet tall...

Edited by user Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:13:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftyOldBat attached the following image(s):
Freakin Nemo1.JPG
Freakin Nemo5.JPG
ScrappinGwen Offline
#125 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 9:32:34 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I can see your pictures, but it took a long time for them to load for me.

and Wow! That's a lot of snow! lol

I don't understand why some of us can now only log on thru google chrome and others only thru IE, and then some of you can still do both, etc. I always have used IE, and now I can't. And they must have done more damage thru the week last week as I could post pics on Sunday but not now, a week later.

So frustrating!

amylendall Offline
#126 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:31:53 AM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Cob that is a lot of snow all at once! we have probably gotten about that much all winter! I totally agree I need spring here and now!! I have had enough cold and snow to last a lifetime!!

Gwynne I couldn't get the pictures to open in IE but they opened in chrome just fine! what have they done to our mb?!
planlady19 Offline
#127 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:33:41 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 281 time(s) in 264 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
DD left this morning; never did get to see her before she left.Sad Plow guy finally came this morning, now I gotta go shovel some more. I need Spring.

I wanted to see if I could still post pics where everyone is having so much trouble. Apparently I can only see/post from IE. This is our pool area; we had no snow prior to "Nemo". The white fence you can barely see is 3 1/2 feet tall...

Will be keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers. Be careful with the shoveling.. Don't want you to hurt anything or anyone that might be uncovered.

Just keep thinking that each day is one day closer to Spring... I am going to start marking them off the calender .. does anyone think that might help..

ok off to finishing up some other things. DH is tearing out dd's old bedroom to redo and so I am trying to hide in my craft room.. more fun then tearing out drywall..

hope everyone has a safe and snow free week.

terri
Jen Offline
#128 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 11:09:56 AM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Hope everyone in the storms path is safe. I do love seeing the snow pictures but also remember a few years back when we got back to back storms with those kind of snow falls. At first it was nice to see but then the work begins.

We only had a rainy day and no ice or snow. Unfortunately about 1:00 a.m we heard a loud noise in front of our house and our truck alarm went off, thinking it was the wind we discover someone hit our truck and took off leaving the scene. We went outside where some neighbors from as far as 4 or 5 houses down also came out from hearing the noise too. The car ripped the front tire off the truck and then some. Actually moved the truck about 3 or 4 inches from where it was parked at. The truck is a mess. The police did find the car a few houses down from us. It's sad because this is the truck dh so loves and drives daily. But at this point there is nothing we can do so it's just wait and see how the insurance companies decide how to handle it. As far as the truck we just want to be made whole again. I guess the rest is up to the police and the charges against the driver.

I love seeing the card ideas. i did just get a new book that is so out of my element that also has some ideas as well. I am finishing up some cards and then have the start of my ideas for this swap. Hoping to start on this swap mid to end of this week.

ETA: I answered the tissue box question on page 2 with the answers to the other questions.

Edited by user Sunday, February 10, 2013 12:39:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scraprageous Offline
#129 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 12:36:05 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
I am sorry about the truck. Glad no one was injured.

Storms going here as well (MN, but it is typical for us). However, dd works at McDonalds and they did call several hours before her shift and offer to give her the afternoon off if she felt roads were too treacherous. They said due to weather they could cover and that it was optional for today (a lot of ice right now). I thought it was nice of them. She did cover shifts yesterday for someone, so she told them thank you and stayed home. BigGrin

Regarding IE and Chrome - it is weird - I can't routinely use either of them to access this board, only Mozilla lets me in all the time. Go figure. Oh well - at least I know to keep trying different browsers. I should add - chrome lets me see stuff, just not log in. Confused

Hope everyone is having a safe and scrappy day.
amylendall Offline
#130 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:05:48 PM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
jci I haven't really started but I have been doing some browsing around different blogs looking for ideas! I have found some really cool ideas I just have to figure out if I can incorporate them into the directives of this swap!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#131 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 7:52:55 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Just a friendly reminder that we all will need to start concentrating on this swap more in the next couple of weeks. I know many of us have been busy finishing up other swaps this past couple of weeks, but I just want us all to start focusing on this swap so that we don't find ourselves running behind in April.

So please keep this swap in mind as you continue to finish up and join other swaps in March.

Thank you!
DeniseKenna Offline
#132 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 12:45:04 PM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Checking in. Lots of ideas rolling around in my head.
Denise
RockinRobin1 Offline
#133 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 12:52:54 PM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Was thanked: 1231 time(s) in 668 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
Amy, most cards are far easier than you think. And sometimes it's just a matter of collecting certain supplies or tools to make it all easier. lol

I emailed the picture to Jean and it emailed fine (I think anyways). So now we'll see if she can maybe post it here for me. Though she may not be on as much today cuz I bet they lost electricity from storm Nemo.

Now I need to be given instructions on how to add pictures to a post other then using the "attach" button. Anyone?

Gwen, I upload mine to photobucket.com then change the size to 800 x 600 (so they're not real big). Then where the box with the "Links" are (right side of screen) I click the one that reads "IMG Code" (click inside that box and it will then read "copied" when your link is copied). Then come back to MB, click "Post Reply", type your message, right click your mouse at end of message and click paste and it will paste the IMG Code into your reply. DO NOT CHECK "ATTACH FILE TO THIS POST?" because you're not going to attach file, you're just going to paste it into your reply. (In your message it will show up with the IMG in brackets and the http of your photo.) Then click "Post".

I know it seems like extra work, but I find it's the best way to get photos on the MB right now, especially with all the image problems.
CraftyOldBat Offline
#134 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 2:35:36 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Just a friendly reminder that we all will need to start concentrating on this swap more in the next couple of weeks. I know many of us have been busy finishing up other swaps this past couple of weeks, but I just want us all to start focusing on this swap so that we don't find ourselves running behind in April.
So please keep this swap in mind as you continue to finish up and join other swaps in March.
Thank you!

Dating myself here but do any of y'all remember watching Romper Room as a child and at the end of every show the teacher would look into her magic mirror and call us out by name for stuff we shouldn't be doing...

THAT'S how I felt when I read Gwynne's post! LOL LOL LOL I'm guilty of not starting yet but have been making notes. Hope to finish my mousetrap this weekend and start this one next week. I've cut back on the number of swaps I commit to at a time so my SS needn't worry!
CandyHazzard Offline
#135 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 3:54:42 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
I'm way ahead for me ... one item finished and one about half done
Jen Offline
#136 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 5:17:23 PM(UTC)
Jen

I am working on this swap this weekend. Mailed my soldier cards earlier this week and have cut baack on my swaps. Still need a few more ideas but they will come and in the mean time I want to get busy.
planlady19 Offline
#137 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 3:26:19 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

COB what Romper Room does not date us.. It just makes us Vintage...LOL LOL

Yep I am starting on this one as I have just mailed out my other swap and finishing up a couple of small things.. but I have to remember that I am cutting back on swaps also.. LOL LOL

Sometimes Spring fever hits as hard as wanting to do a lot of the Christmas ones..

ok can't sleep tonight so I think i will go and try again..

terri
ScrappinGwen Offline
#138 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:24:27 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I have a question for you all to answer please:

If you were to get a mini album specifically for you, what colors, style and papers would you want to be used on it?

I wish they would re-run Romper Room just to watch it and compare it to all their teaching shows they use nowadays! And to laugh over the styles of clothing, etc.
JeanP Offline
#139 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:28:47 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 922 time(s) in 747 post(s)
I have a question for you all to answer please:

If you were to get a mini album specifically for you, what colors, style and papers would you want to be used on it?

Good question.
I posted my answer with all the others on page 1 post #15BigGrin BigGrin

FYI, I can't see COB's pictures now but I could last night!!!!!

Edited by user Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:29:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

planlady19 Offline
#140 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:22:07 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

ok this picture posting thing is nuts.. I have always been able to post with the attach button but now I am getting the same error of network path not found.. which when i ask my techy son about he says is on cricut side not mine.. so yea for that but I then had to go to photo bucket to upload the pictures and as robin said takes longerLOL so i am hoping by the mailing date of this swap they will have this fixed or it is really going to be a pain ....

so i am off to get started on this one.. have ideas now to put them to paper..

have a great week everyone.

terri
ScrappinGwen Offline
#141 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 2:35:10 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Attention everyone:

If you haven't answered the last question about the mini album, then please take a minute to do so.

Thank you!

planlady19 Offline
#142 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 5:23:48 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

answered in my original post..

Jen Offline
#143 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 8:58:28 PM(UTC)
Jen

Been busy doing typical things like cooking, cleaning, organizing and spending time with our dgd, who turns 1 year old in March. Giving myself an extra "me" day this week to work on my paper crafting. I answered the last question on page 2 with the rest of my Q & A's
Scraprageous Offline
#144 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:30:42 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
JCI - answered question in my post.

Hope everyone enjoyed the President's Day (Holiday if you got it, otherwise, hope it was a happy monday) Have a wonderful week
DeniseKenna Offline
#145 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:25:17 AM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

I answered on the first page too.

Hope everyone is having a great week! Really looking forward to our vacation!
CraftyOldBat Offline
#146 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:34:56 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Working on the container for the mist item today and it really gets me to wondering *just how many times we have to burn ourselves for our fingerprints to disappear completely*? LOL LOL LOL
planlady19 Offline
#147 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:23:54 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

ok where is our spring...

snow, ice and yucky weather..

terri
DeniseE Offline
#148 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 1:36:39 AM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 330 time(s) in 303 post(s)
JCI. We had to have my sisters dog put to sleep tonight. She was 12 years old and had a stroke on Wednesday and could not move. My sis just had back surgery so I had to go with her husband and have it done. Hardest thing in the world.
I will gat back to this swap on Saturday.

Denise
ScrappinGwen Offline
#149 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 5:33:40 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

oh Denise, those situations are never easy but it's no fun to watch a dog or anyone for that matter suffer in pain. And 12 years is a good long life!

ScrappinGwen Offline
#150 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 5:40:42 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Okay, it's time to start concentrating on this swap and making sure you check in within a 2 week time period. It has been more than 12 days since the following have checked in on this thread, so please do so this weekend.

EvelynRobinson (I did receive a PM from her though this week regarding this swap)

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2013 5:44:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified