Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<45678>»
Scraprageous Offline
#151 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 6:56:41 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
JCI - computer issues these days, but my email scraprageous@gmail.com will always work. I can check email at work, but not message boards BigGrin

On a break from these for now as sick kids and I have been sick too - hoping to work again over the weekend/next week.
CraftyOldBat Offline
#152 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 7:10:14 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 247 Swap Questionnaire Pg 1 Post #8

Was thanked: 418 time(s) in 347 post(s)
Choking down my Greek yogurt and checking in; I have two directives completed. Was going to make the tree/flower item this weekend during the CursingsnowstormCursing but can't find the material anywhere locally so I've ordered it; maybe I'll start the cards instead.

I've spent the past several days sorting through my scrap paper. I wish I'd taken a before picture because it was just AWFUL. I have all the solid color papers sorted, trimmed and put in a better system but still have to tackle the prints, yikes! It was fun separating out the prints though because I actually remembered what I'd made with so many of them!

We're expecting up to a foot of heavy, wet snow tomorrow night so we could lose power. I REALLY hope not but if I get uncharacteristically quiet in the next 36 hours at least you'll know why..

Have a warm, safe and happy weekend!
JeanP Offline
#153 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 7:26:39 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 803 post(s)
COB-it looks like your area will get hit again. We are supposed to get rain sat and then some snow on Sunday. 1-3 along the coast. I hope you don't lose power!!

To all of you that are in the path of this storm across the midwest and up to the Northeast,STAY SAFE!!!!!

Some of you know that I go away next month so I have been working on this swap so that I can get it finished and mailed on time to my SS.

Here is my updateBigGrin

Make 2 cards-cut and assembled but not decorated

Buy misting product and present it in an altered container-COMPLETED
Make at least 2 paper dolls, presented nicely--changed my mind--work in progress
Flower or tree project of your choice-Work in progress

10 Photo Mats and Journaling Tags or a Mini album-COMPLETED

Mother Nature Project with heat embossed embellie-COMPLETED

Altered Frame, tissue box holder or project with “holes”-COMPLETED.

Edited by user Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:30:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: status update

ScrappinGwen Online
#154 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 7:36:42 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 845 time(s) in 659 post(s)
It's always so refreshing (from a hostess standpoint) to have an over-achiever in the group!

Just think how much more fun you'll have Jean knowing you don't have to return home and worry about this swap, last minute!

We are taking DGC to Penn State this weekend - Ladies BB game on Sunday. But the weather forecast for travelling there tomorrow and the chance of being able to walk the main street to visit all the shops, visit the tourist attractions, etc. is not looking good at all! We have to travel some country roads to get there and not so easy when they are calling for icy junk before the temps rise up. And then they are saying 80% of precip. on Saturday in State College. GRRR! Why this weekend of all weekends?

Though I suppose kids would be just as happy to hang out in pool and go to a movie to pass away Saturday. Nothing that has anything to do with the "college" atmosphere or experience. lol But understandable, they are young.

One way or the other, we'll have a grand time spending weekend with grandkids!
JeanP Offline
#155 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 7:40:11 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
It's always so refreshing (from a hostess standpoint) to have an over-achiever in the group!

Just think how much more fun you'll have Jean knowing you don't have to return home and worry about this swap, last minute!

We are taking DGC to Penn State this weekend - Ladies BB game on Sunday. But the weather forecast for travelling there tomorrow and the chance of being able to walk the main street to visit all the shops, visit the tourist attractions, etc. is not looking good at all! We have to travel some country roads to get there and not so easy when they are calling for icy junk before the temps rise up. And then they are saying 80% of precip. on Saturday in State College. GRRR! Why this weekend of all weekends?

Though I suppose kids would be just as happy to hang out in pool and go to a movie to pass away Saturday. Nothing that has anything to do with the "college" atmosphere or experience. lol But understandable, they are young.

One way or the other, we'll have a grand time spending weekend with grandkids!

BigGrin Thanks
Enjoy the weekend with the DGC no matter what you end up doing!!!!!

EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#156 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 8:29:45 AM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 141 post(s)
jCI - just wanted to let you know I am so excited about this swap. It was so overwhelming at first and then I asked for help (from our hostess) and she got me on track and now I am rocking. So, if you're feeling like I did, don't worry because Gwynne will get you going and it was so easy. This type of swap was a first for me so I wasn't sure what was really happening. Now, I have all my items in a box, and ready to start crafting. It was that easy. She said use items from your stash and oh my, I had everything I needed for my SS. I can't wait to mail. Well, gotta get it done first.

Evelyn

craftymomof2 Offline
#157 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 8:47:59 AM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
JCI- I have started on this swap and have all my items planned out.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Hugs, LanaBigGrin
CandyHazzard Offline
#158 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 10:59:30 AM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
I'm off to Myrtle Beach for a week, and won't be working on this swap while I'm there ... unless the weather is really bad Glare (I am taking craft supplies, just for another project) ... hopefully all the bad weather will be past before we have to drive through it. We're leaving around 4 today and driving straight through ... DH and SIL both drive professionally so they should be OK for most of the driving (it's about a 14 hour drive ... so with breaks about 18)
JeanP Offline
#159 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 11:31:00 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: CandyHazzard Go to Quoted Post
I'm off to Myrtle Beach for a week, and won't be working on this swap while I'm there ... unless the weather is really bad Glare (I am taking craft supplies, just for another project) ... hopefully all the bad weather will be past before we have to drive through it. We're leaving around 4 today and driving straight through ... DH and SIL both drive professionally so they should be OK for most of the driving (it's about a 14 hour drive ... so with breaks about 18)

Along the coast here, it is supposed to be rain until early Sunday morning so I think you might be able to get past us before any snow shows up.

ScrappinGwen Online
#160 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 11:41:15 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Have a ton of fun Candy! lucky you!

I see weather forecast for my area and state college has changed from 80% to 30% tomorrow - so that's good news! Should be good news for you too Candy as you'll be heading south right thru that same area.
amylendall Offline
#161 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 1:21:07 PM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
jci was hoping to get a start this week that is until I ended up so sick all week! just starting to feel human again today! good thing is I only work 2 days a week so I was able to stay home and be sick and rest as needed and not have to miss much work!

I believe I have everything pretty much figured out as to what I want to do. maybe I can spend some time this weekend crafting during the snow storms that are supposed to hit here!
CandyHazzard Offline
#162 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 3:37:57 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

We left our house about 5 last night, and got to our hotel at noon today ... very tired ... we hit some rain and fog on way the way down, but nothing too bad thank goodness ...
planlady19 Offline
#163 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 7:39:20 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 286 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CandyHazzard Go to Quoted Post
We left our house about 5 last night, and got to our hotel at noon today ... very tired ... we hit some rain and fog on way the way down, but nothing too bad thank goodness ...

Candy have a fun week .. and send some of the sunshine my way.. cold, dark and yucky here

terri
CandyHazzard Offline
#164 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 5:48:57 AM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

sorry Terri, they aren't calling for much sun here either, I don't think I'll have much to share ...
But it was West Virginia where we got the worst weather coming down, so maybe even a little bit would help LOL

The WiFi in this resort is awful, except for first thing in the morning, so don't look for me too much this week Glare
ScrappinGwen Online
#165 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 6:21:33 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Have fun Candy and make the most of the weather! Hoping lots of sunshine shows up for you!
DeniseKenna Offline
#166 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 7:47:50 PM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Hi Everyone! Whew getting ready for our vacation has been a booger! I leave on Sat so this may be my last check in for a bitFlapper I'm looking forward to sitting in the warmth and letting myself thaw!Cool
Jen Offline
#167 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:49:30 AM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Time for a check in. We got hit with a stomach bug this past week. DH had it last week and I got it Sunday. Funny thing is he sort of milked it for nearly a week, although he did admit that I had to worse then he did. Nevertheless I was up and moving and sanitizing the house today, about 24 hours later. I think it will be an easy dinner tomorrow so I can make up for missed craft time - lol.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:50:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeniseE Offline
#168 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:18:30 AM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 345 time(s) in 312 post(s)
Cannot remember the last time I checked in so I am checking in....there is a lot going on here so I am working on my swaps early (it is 5:07 AM) in the day. My baby sister is having a discectomy today, another sister had a nerve blocker last week...sheesh....sometimes I get tired of being the grownup.Hope to get things done after I drop the dog off at his beauty appointment. Ya know a boy has to look good for his public. Have a good day all

Denise
Scraprageous Offline
#169 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:13:21 PM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
The dog is a cutie - of course he needs to look his best BigGrin

JCI - progressing on this swap - trying some new things (and getting frustrated by some) - some work, some not so well. Glad we have plenty of time BigGrin
craftymomof2 Offline
#170 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:23:44 AM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
JCI- I plan on working on this swap this weekend. I have some ideas planned out, and my supplies together to get busy. I hope everyone is having a great week! Trying to get DS well. The flu bug hit this week. DS and 3 of his friends came down with it Sun./Mon. He is home with me again today. He has definitely been a trooper.

Hugs, LanaBigGrin
CraftyOldBat Offline
#171 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 7:35:56 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Not very chatty this Round we must all have full plates at this time of year! The "stuff" I had to order for the flower/tree directive is expected today so hopefully I'll complete that this weekend. It's something I saw on Pinterest, so it's the first one I'm making, I hope it turns out nice...
ScrappinGwen Online
#172 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 8:09:31 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I know I've been preoccupied with other stuff.

My son got called back to work finally with the gas well industry so has not been a normal routine this week here at all. Super early morning hours and they work late too so it has my routine all messed up. Thank goodness he's one that can eat a half-cold dinner and doesn't mind. lol But he comes home with wet clothes cuz of the rainy weather this week so that's another issue. And the lunches too. He's old enough to take care of himself but the mother in me automatically is right there helping him get back into the routine and make sure everything is in order for the next day. Plus, when you work out in that miserable weather, it takes a lot out of you....so he's been on my mind this week and taking up my extra time.

So, needless to say, no crafting got done this week! I plan on hunkering down Sat. and Sun. for sure! I can't believe it's March now! Feb. always flies by so fast for me.

The positive is that after taking a break this week - I'm plenty ready to get back into the groove of crafting again! Though I have another swap I'll probably put more time into this particular weekend. But it's all crafting!

Jean, finish up your packing and we'll be thinking of you this next week sitting in the hot, sunny sand! Lucky you....

We did have sunshine for a couple hours yesterday! It was so pretty to see streaming thru the windows!! Back to dreariness today though!

Jen Offline
#173 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 10:51:30 AM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Don't you just hate when you have something all typed up and are proof reading it before sending it and you hit something on your computer that deletes your who message - lol. Oh well...

Thought I would check in again. I have noticed it has been quiet here. Looks like we all have our reasons for not being so chatty right now. I am taking a break right now to check in and then I am going to start another day for the swap. I loose Saturday as a crafting day because dh is painting the foyer tomorrow and ask me to go out keep myself busy for several hours. Humm what shall I do?

Hope every one is in a good place now. There seems to be lots going these days. I know we are watching the Washington politicians play with our income. They do every year but this year is different because a 20% reduction in income is a large amount to have to deal with. So I decided to make the best out of a situation we have no control over and will be taking on another job as well. I start Monday.

Have a productive, fun, relaxing weekend everyone.
planlady19 Offline
#174 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 6:12:08 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

hope everyone has a great weekend.. only 19 more days until spring..

yea someone should tell the weather man that.. it is cold and dreary here..

i am hoping to get some crafting done this weekend. have to catch up on 2nd job as i had to spend extra time at 1st job.. Glare have board meeting this week so that is always interesting how 5 grown men can take 2 hours to talk about something that should only take 30 minutes is beyond me..

terri
planlady19 Offline
#175 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 5:23:27 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Gwen this is for you.. haha I did my heat embossed this time and it worked.. thanks for the tips..

here is a peak..
planlady19 attached the following image(s):
P3030050.JPG
ScrappinGwen Online
#176 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 7:08:55 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Great job Terri! I knew you could do it! lol

Love that verse too! And so perfect for the spring swap!

Is that stamp a single or out of a set? Bought at local stores? IT's the kind of verse I like to use on my projects.

I've been doing a lot of heat embossing this weekend, working on other swap. I was thinking of you every time I turned that heat gun on! lol
amylendall Offline
#177 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 6:56:18 AM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Teri that turned out really pretty! I love that verse as well as the color!
CraftyOldBat Offline
#178 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 7:33:35 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Terri, I'm glad you finally conquered your fear; that looks great!
CMC56 Offline
#179 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 9:54:21 AM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Hi ladies!!!! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing? Terri I love your sentiment. Sure miss swapping with all of you. Have a great day.

Cheryl
planlady19 Offline
#180 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 4:08:26 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
Great job Terri! I knew you could do it! lol

Love that verse too! And so perfect for the spring swap!

Is that stamp a single or out of a set? Bought at local stores? IT's the kind of verse I like to use on my projects.

I've been doing a lot of heat embossing this weekend, working on other swap. I was thinking of you every time I turned that heat gun on! lol

Glad i could bring so many people joy.. LOL LOL

Gwen it is from a ctmh set that i bought a couple of years ago and have been afraid to use..

so now maybe i can do some other things..

thanks everyone for the support..

terri