Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages«<56789>»
CraftyOldBat Offline
#181 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 7:49:30 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

Groups: Registered
United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 247 Swap Questionnaire Pg 1 Post #8

Was thanked: 414 time(s) in 344 post(s)
Getting ready for another Cursing Cursing Cursing foot of snow so hopefully I can spend some of that time crafting. I did get the time-consuming part of the tree/blossom directive finished over the weekend, just need to embellish it now. Need to finish the display for the paper dolls and start the cards but moving along at a good pace.

Stay out of the storm east coasters and JeanP...
QUIT LAUGHING AT US!!

LOL LOL LOL
ScrappinGwen Offline
#182 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 10:22:05 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 809 time(s) in 636 post(s)
Not to rub it in COB...but once again the storm is moving under us and then up around us but not touching us at all. Not even a flurry in the air here. It is just SO weird how that works!

And I do feel sorry for the rest of you still getting more snow. It's awful!

Jean escaped just in time this week to miss this storm! lol
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#183 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 1:45:29 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 139 time(s) in 131 post(s)
JCI and saying hi to my SS. Soon she will be finding out who she is. Loving getting things together for it because I am giving my room a major clean up.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Evelyn
amylendall Offline
#184 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 1:48:45 PM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
I am so sorry to all of you who are in the path of the next storm! I just have to say glad it's you and not me! I really need all this rain and snow to go away! I need my back yard to dry up so we can get the rv out and go do some camping and atv riding! it has always been a family tradition in DH family to go to the sand dunes for easter weekend, but over the years everyone has pretty much quit going. so we quit going on that particular weekend because it is the busiest weekend, but we still go either the weekend before the weekend after east to avoid the crowds! this year we have decided to go mid week the week following easter coming home the sunday after because of the way spring break falls for the kids this year! so needless to say I really need things to warm up and dry out so I can go have some major fun and get out of the city for a few days!! I don't want things to warm up to much to fast to where we start having flooding problems!
planlady19 Offline
#185 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:58:12 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 284 time(s) in 266 post(s)
ok i think the weather man was playing a bad joke on everyone here.. schools two hour delay everyone running to the store to stock up 5 to 8 inches of snow predicted... and what did we
get.. not even an inch.. LOL LOL

i am so looking forward to the weekend and playing .. i need a crafting weekend.. enough of work..
tomorrow night is my monthly board meeting.. so what should take about 45 minutes will take over two hours.. ugh.. try getting 5 men to agree on anything..

terri
CraftyOldBat Offline
#186 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 11:23:46 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Originally Posted by: planlady19 Go to Quoted Post
ok i think the weather man was playing a bad joke on everyone here..

terri

So maybe they're fibbing when they tell me to expect a foot of heavy, wet snow.. Cursing Cursing Cursing
ScrappinGwen Offline
#187 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 5:47:52 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

You lucked out Terri! I heard on the weather channel this morning that it was hit and miss in your area, DC area, etc.

COB -- not so sure you will luck out though! I saw quite a bit of snow on the ground in the scenes from MASS!

ScrappinGwen Offline
#188 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 5:57:14 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Okay...time for a realty check for this swap.

DD is Monday, April 22nd - that's less then 7 weeks away. There are 7 directives in this swap.

So that means you need to have at least one directive complete and set your goal to finish one each week from here on out. Better yet, get 2 done in one week and get ahead of the game!

Me, I haven't even started this swap yet - so I really need a realty check! I have another swap to finish up this weekend first.

So I will be the guilty one setting the goal to complete 2 or 3 in one week's time to get back on track!

The positive note to all of this is that Easter break is fast approaching and maybe some of us will have some extra time off to craft. I don't have any time off myself...but less kids thanks to having a bunch of teacher's for parents this year! So, if nothing else, at least I should still have energy left by end of day to do some crafting in the evenings over Easter break! lol

So, not only am I concerned for myself falling behind, but I'm also concerned that the rest of you may be falling behind too as we've not been real chatty on this thread and have been concentrating on other swaps this past several weeks.

So this is my friendly warning, snapping my fingers at you all, to get a move on with this swap! lol

I really don't know how all these weeks are flying by so quickly since Christmas! Unbelievable!!
Scraprageous Offline
#189 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:30:23 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
jci as I will be away from here until 3/15. Thanks for reality check - actually makes my life easier - I had written down it was due to ship 4/5!

I have started, not done, but after the 15th - my life will return to 'normal' LOL LOL LOL as normal as it gets at least

Have a great week/weekend, etcBigGrin

Edited by user Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:30:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftyOldBat Offline
#190 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 8:54:54 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Hey Terri they dropped your snow off at my house; I'll send it back to you!

We actually had grass and ground yesterday...

CraftyOldBat attached the following image(s):
030813 015.JPG
030813 022.JPG
030813 025.JPG
030813 021.JPG
amylendall Offline
#191 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 10:25:52 AM(UTC)
amylendall

Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
Hey Terri they dropped your snow off at my house; I'll send it back to you!

We actually had grass and ground yesterday...

I am so sorry but when I saw your pics I couldn't help but lol!!! it was so warm here thursday that almost all the snow is melted and we are just getting a few light rain showers on and off today! no snow! you can keep all that yucky white stuff! I am so done with it!

Gwynne I have to say thanks for the wake up call! I have been battling this yucky cold that is going around for the last 3 weeks! some days I feel pretty good then others I just feel lowsy! I have all my ideas rolling around in my head now to just get them done! have a friend that is on vacation this week and asked her to send me some pics for some inspiration for one of the directives!!!
JeanP Offline
#192 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 6:37:45 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 968 time(s) in 780 post(s)
JCI

No SNOW here, just white SANDBigGrin BigGrin Sorry COB!!!!!

Where I live in RI there was only about 1/2 inch of snow. It seemed to have moved away from the coast
I heard the Boston area was a mess!!!!!

planlady19 Offline
#193 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 6:38:50 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

COB glad i good help out.. LOL LOL

Gwen i really need to get started on this one also.. I have written down all my ideas and i have one actually done.. so now get off of my behind and get the rest at least started.. but
no snow this weekend.. YEA.. so we are going to a softball game.. LOL

i guess that means that spring is actually here..

have a beautiful weekend everyone..

craftymomof2 Offline
#194 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 11:11:39 AM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
Hello Ladies! Just checking in. I have a couple items in progress for this swap. Hoping to craft tomorrow after work. Thurs. and Fri. I got a lot of spring cleaning done. DD's soccer pics were at 8am then her game. Now I am off to take a nap for work tonight.

COB, I love the snow pics. (Obviously, I am a Southerner, wishing for snow, haha) Stay warm! We are having overcast, chilly weather today.

Jean, I can't wait for our trip to Bonaire!! Enjoy the wonderful sunshine.

Hugs, Lana
Jen Offline
#195 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 10:17:23 AM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Checking in to see how everyone is doing. Last week was super busy for me. I went back to work and was juggling things a little. Then I decided I wanted to budget my household expenses better so I put together a coupon binder. It's interesting to see all the offers available. I don't plan on going to extremes like people do on TV. But a few hours a week and taking the binder with me is actually starting to pay off. Does anyone else do anything similar, I'd love to share ideas.

Yesterday we celebrated my son and father in laws birthday. Next week my grand daughter will be a year old. My goodness where does the time go.

Well we didn't get the snow that we were supposed to get, just mostly rain. A little sad but there's always next year,

Thanks for the reminder Gwen. I am working on a few things now.
CraftyOldBat Offline
#196 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 10:29:09 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

We wound up with another 18" but it's melting nicely in these warmer sunny days. It'll be in the yard for awhile but that will make the well happy!

I finished the "blossom/tree" directive yesterday and will finish the paper doll directive this afternoon. The dolls are done, just need to design something to display them on? I think I'll work on the memories directive next (procrastinating the cards LOL )

I figured with turning the clocks ahead it's unofficially Spring so I guess I'd better get the rest of the Christmas decorations down and put away LOL LOL but that can wait til tomorrow cuz' today I'm baking. The last batch of cookies I sent DD got devoured by the girls bc they never made it out of the barracks. But then the girls started bragging to the boys that they missed out so now the rest of her platoon wants to try them too; good thing I have a big box!
planlady19 Offline
#197 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 2:04:12 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Jean rub it in that you have sand instead of snow.. LOL LOL

oh well today it is 65 but the rest of the week is all downhill from here.. rain, rain and more rain.. yuck.. so i am enjoying the weather while i can..

COB good thing you are redoing your kitchen so you will have extra room to make all those cookies.. i am sure the are well appreciated..

have to get cracking, so if it is going to rain then i will get my things done.. which is the only good thing about rain.. and I can use this swap as an excuse not to paint the bedroom that needs finished.. dh will do it then...

terri
ScrappinGwen Offline
#198 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 4:50:26 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I can proudly say that I have now started this swap! lol

I did lots of research last night and found some real fine inspiration! I'm so excited now! lol

Then decided to get out of the house and enjoy the 60 degree weather, so I spent the afternoon browsing the craft stores - found some more inspiration and bought my glimmer mist too! So it's official!

May be another week before I actually craft and complete an item though....

Think I'll work on my taxes this week. Ugh! But would be nice to have them behind me...
planlady19 Offline
#199 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 5:05:54 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

oh where did everyone go? we are on page 2?

the weather here has been so depressing.. it was in the 60's on the weekend and then it has been downhill ever since. It was snowing so hard today that you could not see at times.. and then 5 minutes later the sun was shinning so bright you needed sun glasses.. LOL LOL

so i need to get busy with this so that spring will come back..

counting down the days until we are going to my dd's in april.

so i need to get this done soon.

terri
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#200 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:19:46 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 139 time(s) in 131 post(s)
My project have gone from planning to IN PROGRESS! Woo hoo. I am happy happy happy. This has been the most challenging swap ever for me. I want it to be just perfect for my partner and then I get so nervous wanting it to be alright. Everyone knows what I mean. I haven't been much for chatting due to all the things I have been doing to get ready for this swap and working on others. So, I hope all is well for everyone and that your week has been a good one.

Evelyn
ScrappinGwen Offline
#201 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:55:30 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Terri, although we've done next to no chatting on this thread - we are on page 7, not only on page 2! lol Though for a second I thought you might be correct! It's been pretty quiet, I will admit.

I think we are missing the chatter from those that were joining regularly last year but are taking breaks from swapping right now.

I haven not accomplished anything this week so far. The babysitting kids have been so out of sorts from the time change that by the time evening arrives, I'm ready to just sit and relax and enjoy the peace and quiet! lol Luckily, they should all be back on routine today. I myself even slept better last night, so I'm looking forward to a rewarding day with everyone! lol

I am definitely starting on this swap this next week though! Otherwise, April 1st is going to sneak up on us and I'll be in trouble. I just can't believe how fast the weeks fly by - even with all this crappy weather!

Get crafting everyone!
CraftyOldBat Offline
#202 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:42:51 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

I find that I get bored working on one swap at a time so I do a little on this one, a little on another, a little on cards and they all seem to be finished on time. My cards are done for this month and actually did 20 more than I committed to; I'm halfway through with this swap, so I'm going to focus on my other one for a bit because it's due before this one is anyway.

The germy-crud that's been going around all winter is trying very hard to get me so I'm fighting hard to stay out of its reach. As of right now I'm losing the battle but I'm not giving up yet..

Edited by user Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:43:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: typo

ScrappinGwen Offline
#203 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:50:19 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ_p35sa594

Here's a utube video for the long tissue box just in case anyone is having a hard time finding a tutorial for this.

The upright tissue box is certainly more popular when seeking out tutorials.

So just wanted to share this with you as it was brought to my attention recently.
amylendall Offline
#204 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 8:51:48 AM(UTC)
amylendall

http://kelleyhighway.blo...ine-make-tissue-box.html
this is a generic tutorial I found for tissue box covers. basically it will work for what ever size box you use! it says to measure your box and add 1/16 inch to each edge. I have started but not much need to finish a project I decided to do as a gift for my mom and friend who's birthdays were last month but we are getting together next week to kinda celebrate!!
craftymomof2 Offline
#205 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 2:27:54 PM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
JCI- hoping to get some crafting done this weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hugs, LanaBigGrin BigGrin
DeniseE Offline
#206 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 11:04:56 AM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 341 time(s) in 308 post(s)
JCI waiting for a friend to pick up the treadmill that she bought from me and then I can finish my craft room and get busy again.
Denise
Jen Offline
#207 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:21:12 AM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
We are a quiet bunch this round. Guess everyone is busy creating. After the grocery store I am crafting the rest of the day too.
Scraprageous Offline
#208 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 10:59:04 AM(UTC)
Scraprageous

United States

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 137 post(s)
jci

finishing up a few things, but some progress on this swap too!BigGrin
ScrappinGwen Offline
#209 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 11:03:07 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Well COB.....are they going to be laughing at us again, with this new storm arriving?

Snowflakes just started to fall here....about an hour ago. Schools all got out early even!! Ugh!

I am SO ready for warmer weather!

I'd probably be a lot more chatty if I had somthing to talk about besides the darn cold and snow and lack of sunshine every day for the past month! Honestly!

I'm not dealing with any negative personal issues but I've just been so preoccupied with lots of stuff here. My routine has been anything but normal and it's slowing me down or making me quiet or something like that. Plus you all remember how this time of year is when those darn sniffles and colds the little ones all have just won't go away? Try dealing with 5 or 6 kids and their yucky noses every day for over a week now! lol They are miserable and I'm miserable too (though I'm healthy).

I just want good weather to arrive! But that's not happening for another 10 days....according to the weather channel! Ugh!

On a good note, I had ordered some items to help me out with this swap and they all arrived Saturday - so I am set to go! I actually already tried out some of the stuff, so I'm all excited! I'm happy!

planlady19 Offline
#210 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 4:18:10 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Gwen it is so dreary here that i think it has all all in the gloom and doom mode instead of the happy spring mode..

but here is a picture of something I did over the weekend that is definitely springy..

OK and no laughing for those of you who know about me and pink.. this did not stay at my house it went to the school for the craft table and someone bought it already.. LOL LOL

got the new g45 secret garden paper this weekend so that is a happy note for this swap..

cob and gwen just keep thinking happy thoughts and the snow will go away.. but i almost wish i had the snow instead of this dark and dreary crap..
planlady19 attached the following image(s):
P3170059.JPG