Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages<12345>»
ScrappinGwen Offline
#61 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:59:38 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 659 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Correct, you can pick and choose.

I just meant that you can't just fold a piece of paper and slap on a thank you. It needs to have a couple embellishments of some sort and have an extra panel of paper.

lauraa Offline
#62 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:22:58 AM(UTC)
lauraa

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 196 post(s)
It's 60 over here in Chicago area this morning. Crazy.

I hope it's ok to post this....
My simple way to decribe steampunk would be the industrial revolution and mother nature had a baby.
It came out something like Bubo(owl) from Clash of the Titans
(if you remember the original movie)
But it's not just that, it's sort of HG Wells-esque old fashioned syfy or
Mechanically(steam powered machinery)inspired.
I don't know if that helps...but its something interesting to google even if you might not be too fond of it.

Laura
 1 user thanked lauraa for this useful post.
NotGoingGreyGracefully on 1/29/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#63 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:57:45 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Yep, that's a real good explanation!
PennyDiGioia Offline
#64 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:27:22 AM(UTC)
PennyDiGioia

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 40 post(s)
I would like to get to know a little bit more about my partner and the rest of you. I thought it would be beneficial if we all said something about ourselves and our lives.

I'll start:
I have been married to my best friend for 28 years. We have three children, Brian is 23, Gina is 22 and Derek is 16. We live in CT. I am a wholesale perennial grower, my office is the outdoors. I have been crafting all my life. I love sewing, photography, gardening, and coloring with copic markers. In the past I have done candle making, ceramics, jewelry, silk flower arrangements, knitting, crocheting, embroidery, quilt making. You name it I probably have tried it. Lately I have been coloring and looking for ways to craft with what I color. I hold a standard copic certification and I am taking the intermediate class in March.

Looking forward to evertone's bio.

Penny

1 user thanked PennyDiGioia for this useful post.
NotGoingGreyGracefully on 1/30/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#65 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:41:57 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

This is a great idea Penny! And I will join in too.

I'm married 20 years (2nd marriage). Lucky that both my daughter and son live nearby and so it makes it real easy to enjoy and be part of my daughter's two children, Madison, 10, and David, 6. Madison has a real keen interest in my crafting and has a good eye for picking up details and how I made something. So I use her as my excuse to buy supplies - assuming she'll be doing some crafting here this summer! lol (anything for an excuse to shop, you know!)

I have a DayCare in my home which makes my weeks go by quickly. Started this business 10 years ago when Madison was born. So it's been a wonderful experience. My first "paying" girls still come here for summer break and their brothers too. So it's all good and we have wonderful memories. Now with them being 9/10, they are my bestest helpers with the little ones. So I think they too are gaining great experience and will either be very good babysitters in a couple years or be real good mommies in several years!

My DH is a huge sports fan so one sport or another often gets incorporated into our weekends from season to season. Not every weekend, but from time to time...so it's always enjoyable and a nice break for me to get out of the house and with adults. Plus, that's how I find time to craft and do swaps....he's busy watching one game or another on TV weekends, so that is my crafting time. I gave up TV for crafting! lol

Vegas is our favorite vacation spot (I don't gamble though) and so our friends' friends all know to call us when they are planning a trip out there. lol I'm also lucky that my DH wants to see the entire USA so we do take vacations in different directions from year to year. So never a dull moment for me at all!

My first crafting was learning how to sew when I was in 4th grade. I made 2 jumpers. I loved dresses so I sewed tons and tons of dresses all the way thru HS. My parents are also both good cooks so I too am a good home cooked meal sort of kitchen person. My baking is well enjoyed - esp. at Christmas time when I hand out cookie trays or whenever I have taken in cookies or other baked goods to my old workplaces or to my daughter's workplace.

When the cricut was launched on QVC several years ago, I just happen to be flipping thru the channels and it caught my attention and I said to myself that that would be great for babysitting and so I bought it. Totally on a whim! And look where I am now!

When I found this swap forum, I was a true newbie. I didn't do any scrapbooking at all but had always wanted to. Well, I still don't really do scrapbooking but I do love all the crafting instead. It had just been so exciting and challenging to keep learning new techniques here. And great friends get made along the way too.

I just love sharing with my swap partners. I take it super seriously and really always try to come up with a couple ideas just perfect for my partner. I love it when they innocently comment about something that I can grab and run with. I love those "lightbulb" moments when all of a sudden a great idea starts to form in your head. Makes me happy! And that is what makes swapping so much fun for me and why I continue to do it over and over and over! IT's not about what I receive but more about what I can create for my partner and sharing and helping out with swapping.

And it's been a wonderful hobby for me otherwise I suppose I could have had empty nest syndrome! Plus, it's been a way to keep my mind working and thinking beyond something other then baby talk and toddler games! lol

1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
lauraa Offline
#66 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:41:45 AM(UTC)
lauraa

My turn!

I've been married 20 years to my DH Len who is a machine builder.He has built everything from top secret government stuff, to car engine assembly lines, to ovens assembly line, to some new exciting top secret stuff I can't talk about. He is an avid cyclist and the whole Lance Armstong thing has been a huge topic at our house for years. He also loves drag racing, which bores me to tears.

No kids for us. My oldest niece has promised to take care of me in my old age, or at least throw me overboard if I lose it!LOL
So... to make up for no kids I have a rescued Scottish terrier instead. I'm the person who sends pics of their dog to everyone for Christmas dressed in a santa hat. He's adorable, what can I say?

I've always loved arts and crafts, and took courses in HS and College. Never very good, but always tried. I love art and my favorite place to hang out was The Art Institute in Chicago. I worked at a camera shop and a large photo processing plant for a while, until they moved.

I accidently fell into baking when I went to work for Fresh Fields in 1993. I was recruited to the bakery thankfully after a short stint as a cashier.(worst job ever)
I first learned cake decorating, not very good at it. Then went to laminated doughs(croissants), then to baking the bread. It was something I was born to do or something.
Unfortunately when Fresh Fields got bought out by Whole Foods the scratch bakeries were closed. It was one of the saddest days for me. Anyone who knew those FF bakeries still talks about them. Everything was scratch and truly all natural. Not a hybrid fakery like today. I'm amazed at what can be called natural now. I probably come off as a baked goods snob, sorry, just passionate about it.
I hung on at WF for a few years until they decided to go back to the scratch bread. I transferred to a store that did and got to make (mostly) real bread again there until 2010. My allergies got so bad, and I was just worn out. SO here I am, unemployed with lots of time for crafting. My husband bought me the cricut and I've never been the same. I've learned so much and am having so much fun!

Edited by user Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:47:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#67 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:48:58 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

The Cricut is a for sure a mid-life crisis saver! lol
JeanP Offline
#68 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:51:45 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 840 time(s) in 690 post(s)
lauraa

My Dd lives in Deerfield and attends Trinity. Anywhere near you?
lauraa Offline
#69 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:13:58 AM(UTC)
lauraa

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
The Cricut is a for sure a mid-life crisis saver! lol

Thats for sure! HAHAHA!

JEAN-
Yes Deerfield is very close. I worked there for 10 years, next suburb over!
La

Edited by user Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:26:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

STW Offline
#70 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:50:51 AM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Guess I'll go next! I'm Sharon and live in Louisiana - home of this year's Superbowl! I have 2 children - a son 25 and a daughter 21. My son is getting married in Oct and just finished grad school. I went from "empty nest" to both living back at home with me. (WHY did I sell my house to get a smaller one?!!!) I'm actually enjoying it, because both will be moving back out soon - even if it IS a bit cramped at times - not to mention the "snow effect" of DS's white Siberian Husky....geeze!

I've loved crafting for several years - started out decorating baskets and t's moved on to stenciling and stamping, painted floor cloths, beeswax and bread dough Christmas ornaments, and painted resin Santa's. Got into scrapbooking when my son was in high school and have gradually started making a few cards here and there. Interested in many things - master of none!

I sold advertising for over 15 years and stopped working to help take care and spend more time with my mom who had late stage breast cancer. I lost her this year, and getting over that has really been tough - but having the kids back home..... and Chloe (the dog!) have really helped.....even if I do complain and moan about the mess!!!

I LOVE LSU sports - football, baseball and basketball - but my absolute favorite is FOOTBALL! Love the New Orleans Saints too. I'm a football fanatic and go through "withdrawal" when the season ends!

Other interests include scuba diving & working out. Trying like heck to eat more healthy and curb my monstrous SWEET tooth - so I plead to everyone when my birthday or Valentine's, etc comes around to NOT GIVE ME CANDY or sweets - bc they don't survive in my house!!! I made my family take all the sweets away Christmas evening bc I knew I couldn't resist!!

Have a great day, everyone!
 1 user thanked STW for this useful post.
NotGoingGreyGracefully Offline
#71 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:54:56 AM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 800 time(s) in 450 post(s)
Okay, a little about me...

I've been married to my DH Tony for nearly 18 years. Eight months after we married, the Navy moved us to South Texas and we've been stuck here ever since. No children for us. But 13 months after we moved to TX we got a terrier puppy, and she is still with us. She is my favorite subject for photos (check out my avatar)!

I grew up in New England, moved to Virginia for college, got my degree in Chemistry and stayed until the Navy moved us. DH is my second hubby. I worked full time as a chemist for almost 20 years. When we moved south, I took a breather to live a little, then went back to work when, as a retiree, the government put my DH through college at no cost to us, but no income, either. I burned out after 3 1/2 years (DH had graduated) and after two suicide attempts was diagnosed bipolar, and drugs have been the story of my life since. I had a bad spell a year and a half ago, but got some really good treatment at a clinic in Florida and I am a real person again!!

I started crafting before I can remember. I started in needlework and that is still my first love. Right now I am knitting at least two hours a day in addition to my swaps here. If it's done with a needle or thread, I probably can (and do) do it, knit, crochet, embroider, sew, quilt, needlepoint, make lace...Mostly my Mom taught me, but I have taken lessons and learned from books too. I watched the infomercials for months, and got my baby bug (which may soon get launched out a second story window!) at the same time as my Gypsy, which I got at launch. I tried out the bug and some carts I got with it immediately, but the G stayed in the box for nearly nine months, until I registered it and found the message boards. It's been downhill ever since!!

NGGG
lauraa Offline
#72 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:32:21 PM(UTC)
lauraa

It's so interesting to hear every ones story, thanks for sharing.

Penny-Do you grow the perennials in your garden to sell? Wow, must be very rewarding to see fruits of your labor. Something I loved about baking.
I love to see the coloring of stamps on here. That's a real talent!

Gwen-You're so lucky to have your GK so close and that you get to craft w/them!
I tried a quilt once and never finished, even after showing pics and promising it to my great niece Blushing

STW- It seems every one's kids come back or never leave home now. My bros and sis' too. I guess the Europeans had it right all along?
So glad to hear you had your kids there when you lost your mom...So sorry.
My niece is a scuba diver too. Sounds like fun.

NGGG-Your dog is so cute!
Glad you're back and on a good path to recovery, staying busy is real help.
I'm so envious of those who can sew. I don't think I would remember how to thread the needle at this point.

As you all can see I have too much time on my hands...LOL.
Have a great evening.
La
NotGoingGreyGracefully on 1/31/2013(UTC)
PennyDiGioia Offline
#73 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:56:48 PM(UTC)
PennyDiGioia

laura

I work at a nursery. We grow 100,000 if not more one gallon perennials. It is a very small company, the owner, myself, and a few seasonal employees. I do everything from producing the catalog in the winter, updating the website I designed (jrichplants.com if your interested), I am the propagtor/ grower during the season. It's a great job, every day is somethng different and in the good weather I'm outside in the sunshine (bad weather too during the season). I work long hours (54 hrs/week April-Dec) but I love every minute of it. Winter time I only work 40 hrs/week and have more time to craft. I met my boss when I was 15 and working for someone else. Years went by, I left work to have children, he left to start his own business. Six years later he looked me up and offered me a job. I've worked for him ever since.

Great hearing about everyone's lives. I hope it helps all of us when we are deciding on what our SS will like. I forgot to mention that I was a girl scout leader for 11 years and my husband was a cubscout leader for 12 years.

Penny
lauraa on 1/31/2013(UTC)
Kazalah Offline
#74 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:18:03 PM(UTC)
Kazalah

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 597 time(s) in 250 post(s)
Ok... guess I'll take my turn BigGrin

I've been married to the love of my life for the past 6 years, his name is Dave. We have one son who is 17 and his name is Ryan. We actually met through my brother ( Dave worked for him lol )He is a warehouse manager and I am currently unemployed but was an administrative assistant for a signage & engraving company. We also have a dog, a boxer lab mix whose name is O'Rielly ... Illy for short.

I've been crafting in one form or another for about 25 years. It started out with learning to sew from my mother, then crocheting , then drawing, then making cards and so on and so forth. My mother actually bought me my first Cricut ( the baby bug) from QVC for my birthday. It was love at first cut! I bought myself an expression about a year ago and love that I can do things BIGGER with it! I do cards more than anything else and am always inspired by people on this message board. Lately I've been on Pintrest and looking at all the great stuff posted there ( I think Pintrest might become another addiction!)

Photography has become another passion as of late. Not even from the scrapbooking stand point but the beauty that can be captured in things that aren't immediately thought of as beautiful. I like to go for walks and just snap random photos . Oh and I LOVE to bake! Always looking for new recipes. Cooking I feel meh about but baking I love BigGrin

Lori
 1 user thanked Kazalah for this useful post.
lauraa on 1/31/2013(UTC)
PennyDiGioia Offline
#75 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:04:16 AM(UTC)
PennyDiGioia

I think we are still missing one person. OHscrapplady01855145 where are you???? Please come and share a bit about yourself.
#76 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:50:23 PM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

One more quicky swap to finish up and then on to this one!!! I DON'T want to fall behind, and end up doing half what I wanted because of time constraints. And you never know when your life will be put in the blender, and turned on high without the lidLaugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

NGGG
ScrappinGwen Offline
#77 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 6:16:22 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

NGGG, it definitely makes for a more enjoyable swap if you can pace yourself and work on the directives from week to week. This is actually a big swap, with 10 directives. So it's not like you can wait until the last week to rush thru it all. Rushed items never look as nice, for sure!

Plus, it's nice to have projects done ahead of schedule so they can sit on your table and you can look at them and make sure the edges all stay glued down properly or nothing starts to fall off. Plus, after you look at it for some extra time and start noticing similar crafts by other gals, you may pick up on some additional ideas to improve your own project.

So there are good reasons to stay ahead of the game! Better for you and certainly better for your partner too!
Kazalah Offline
#78 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 6:04:41 PM(UTC)
Kazalah

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 597 time(s) in 250 post(s)
I've done recipe swaps at my local craft shop (Scrappers Cove) but I've never done an online one before. I'm going to try and pace myself and do 1 or 2 directives a week ( depending on how crazy life gets ) I always try NOT to wait to the last minute to do things however, I do seem to do really good work under pressure so we'll see how this goes lol.

Lori
lauraa Offline
#79 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 7:17:56 AM(UTC)
lauraa

OOOO....Recipe swaps sound like fun!
I'm a worthless cook though! I have about 5 things I make over and over.
I can bake anything as long as I stick to the recipe. I tend to experiment and there's a 50/50 chance of complete failure(vegan PB 2 weeks ago) and if it's great I can never re-create it.
Still trying to recreate my Ritter Sport inspired rum raisin cookies of 2009...LOL

I'm moving along, have one project finished(I think) and am doing some of the "easier" stuff to get them done. I'm nervous about a couple of the projects, so will take my time doing those....
Spring theme is SO out of my comfort zone.
Hope everyone has a great weekend and happy crafting!
Laura
STW Offline
#80 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 1:43:12 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 76 post(s)
[quote=lauraa;1653316]OOOO....
I'm a worthless cook though! I have about 5 things I make over and over.
I can bake anything as long as I stick to the recipe. I tend to experiment and there's a 50/50 chance of complete failure(vegan PB 2 weeks ago) and if it's great I can never re-create it.

I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!!!LOL
 1 user thanked STW for this useful post.
lauraa on 2/3/2013(UTC)
#81 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 1:58:32 PM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

My main objective, once I get dragged to the kitchen, is to get out of it as soon as possible!!! You'd be amazed at what I can put on the dinner table in 15 minutes.

That said, I HATE to cook.... but love to bake. Does that make sense? I remember my Mom coming home from somewhere when I was a teenager, and finding me in the kitchen. First words out of her mouth... "Smells great, but how did you get flour on the ceiling????"!!!

Most often said at our dinner table: "Simple food for simple folks."

Most often argued about: "No, it's NOT my turn to do the dishes!!!!"

Hope you enjoyed that...LOL LOL LOL

Edited by user Saturday, February 02, 2013 1:59:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: flour, not four!

1 user thanked NotGoingGreyGracefully for this useful post.
lauraa on 2/3/2013(UTC)
PennyDiGioia Offline
#82 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 3:42:19 PM(UTC)
PennyDiGioia

I love to cook! Not so much of a baker. My 16 year old son likes to bake so whenever we want something sweet he's the guy. I started cooking when I was a teenager. I would find a recipe and tell my mom what to buy and then I would cook for the family. Of course, I had seven siblings so I usually would have to double the recipe.

When I met my husband I swear I hooked him with my cooking. My mother in law is not much of a cook so the bar started pretty low. I fed him stuff he had never tried before and he loved everything I made. He gained about 30 lbs in a couple of months. But my mother in law is a clean freak, so when my husband and I moved in together we made a deal. I COOK HE CLEANS, been that way ever since (30 years) and we get along just fine. It's great I mess up the kitchen and walk away, if he complains I tell him I'll stop cooking.
lauraa on 2/3/2013(UTC)
JeanP Offline
#83 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 6:34:19 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 840 time(s) in 690 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PennyDiGioia Go to Quoted Post
I love to cook! Not so much of a baker. My 16 year old son likes to bake so whenever we want something sweet he's the guy. I started cooking when I was a teenager. I would find a recipe and tell my mom what to buy and then I would cook for the family. Of course, I had seven siblings so I usually would have to double the recipe.

When I met my husband I swear I hooked him with my cooking. My mother in law is not much of a cook so the bar started pretty low. I fed him stuff he had never tried before and he loved everything I made. He gained about 30 lbs in a couple of months. But my mother in law is a clean freak, so when my husband and I moved in together we made a deal. I COOK HE CLEANS, been that way ever since (30 years) and we get along just fine. It's great I mess up the kitchen and walk away, if he complains I tell him I'll stop cooking.

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

PennyDiGioia Offline
#84 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 6:29:50 AM(UTC)
PennyDiGioia

I have a question. Are paper dolls supposed to be real paper dolls that kids play with or are they supposed to be an addition to a scrapbook page or card?
lauraa Offline
#85 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 7:04:39 AM(UTC)
lauraa

HAHAHA! Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like to cook that much. I'm all about the one pot meal. 15 min or less too.

NGGG-Thats so funny about the flour on the ceiling!

I make a meatloaf once a year for my hubby's bday. Poor guy. I don't really eat much meat, so he's SOL over here. At least until he learns how to cook, which will never happen! I tried to learn to make his families' Puerto Rican food, I swear, really, no really I did. I've only mastered the chicken soup(again one pot) Which is just chicken soup with some extra sazon(sofrito) so I can't possibly pretend I can't make it...HA!

Penny,
Your Hubbie is so lucky to have you cook for him! Sounds like a good deal! My house is a disaster. I need a cook and a cleaner. Can you guys make it over here for dinner tonight?LOL
Maybe you can share some of your tricks with us non-cooks?

As far as the paper dolls go, I'm not sure. When I do cut swaps, they're all glued together. SO unless someone asks for them not to be, probably that.

If you watch the SuperBowl have fun today! If you don't, craft away!

Edited by user Sunday, February 03, 2013 7:38:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NotGoingGreyGracefully on 2/3/2013(UTC)
planlady19 Offline
#86 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 7:54:17 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 257 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PennyDiGioia Go to Quoted Post
I have a question. Are paper dolls supposed to be real paper dolls that kids play with or are they supposed to be an addition to a scrapbook page or card?

Penny when I think of this directive I think of them as an addition to a card or scrapbook page.

there are so many options for this directive just have fun with them.. you can make them simple with just a couple of embellies or go all out and really jazz them up..

terri

Ps.. my DH does a lot of the cooking which he did not know anything about when we were married 32 years ago because he used to get home from work before me..

2 users thanked planlady19 for this useful post.
lauraa on 2/3/2013(UTC), NotGoingGreyGracefully on 2/3/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#87 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 8:00:04 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Now that I'm able to get back on the MB, I'll post some pics of paperdolls to give you some ideas.

But yes, Terri is correct....most gals use them on LOs or on card fronts.

I'll also try to move on to Group 2 and get some thoughts or pics posted about that as I have time this week. Though I know it won't be until Tues. or later. Next 2 days are busy!

Here are paperdolls that I made back in 2009 when I first started swapping here. I was able to make some pretty good paperdolls cuz I took the time to seek out pictures posted by other gals and I copied how they drew on the faces, etc. I used a Q-tip to dab on some red chalk for their cheeks, just applying it lightly in a soft, circular motion. (you can erase it off if you get it on too harsh) Also, take note on how I've either brushed some chalk around the edges of the clothing or used a gel pen to add some hightlights or to mark up the seams of the clothes like around the armholes or the zipper, etc. Stroking some lines where the locks of the hair are. Back then, I only used chalk as that's all I knew to do and that was really before Tim Holtz came along and taught us all to ink the edges, etc. Chalk will stay on as long as you rub your finger over the chalk strokes. I guess the oil in your hand seals it... Also note how I used different textures of paper. Some of the paper isn't readily available, like the fuzzy paper I used on the snowgirls' mittens. You can't tell in the pictures, but the snowtube and her ski outfit are actually cut out of vinyl. Her goggles have clear plastic for the lens.

Edited by user Sunday, February 03, 2013 8:17:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen attached the following image(s):
IMG_1948.JPG
IMG_2225.JPG
IMG_2244.JPG
IMG_2286.JPG
IMG_2291.JPG
IMG_2296.JPG
 2 users thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
lauraa on 2/3/2013(UTC), NotGoingGreyGracefully on 2/3/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#88 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 8:18:52 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Here are some paperdolls from a paperdoll swap I was in. See how we had to do embellishments to go along with the doll? Pretty good job by all! I did not make any of these (mine was the snowtube girl above) Though, if you study them all, you will see that some did not chalk or ink the edges or add highlights and it really does take away the "wow" factor when you don't do that. Not meant to hurt feelings, but the extra minute to add the extra touches make a huge difference.

Also, take note of the faux alligator or leather paper she used on the guitar. And the one in the pink bathrobe - that gal handpainted those beautiful eyes using a tiny nib. I wish I could remember her name, but I can't.

Edited by user Sunday, February 03, 2013 8:27:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

IMG_2388.JPG
IMG_2389.JPG
IMG_2390.JPG
IMG_2392.JPG
IMG_2394.JPG
IMG_2395.JPG
IMG_2396.JPG
lauraa on 2/3/2013(UTC)
lauraa Offline
#89 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 8:26:07 AM(UTC)
lauraa

Ok, I'm totally digging those paper dolls, Never really thought to use them on cards. I just thought of them for kids only.
If my partner wants to make me clowns, faeries, mermen/maids, or gnomes(or anything) I'd be darn happy with that!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#90 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 8:29:37 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

This is why I'm showing pics! A whole new world opens up once you get a better idea of where we are going with these directives. You just need help getting your creative mind jump started. But once you get the swing of swapping - you are addicted, for sure! Here are some more....
Jack and the beanstalk doesn't even come from one of the actual paperdoll cartridges...and the policeman is one of my favorites as one of the ex-swappers here, kimi-n-GA, taught me how to draw the face, the eyes. And the frankenstein head is actually a rubber stamp that I cut out and attached to the body of a paperdoll to make a Halloween card. And then all the other pretty girls are from Forever Young cartridge. Take note how I used little pearls to form a necklace or little butterfly gem as a barrette in the hair. So this should give you lots of ideas.

Edited by user Sunday, February 03, 2013 8:57:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

IMG_3572.JPG
IMG_3578.JPG
IMG_2902.JPG
IMG_2901.JPG
IMG_2929.JPG
IMG_2934.JPG
IMG_2938.JPG
IMG_2984.JPG
IMG_2936.JPG
NotGoingGreyGracefully on 2/3/2013(UTC)