Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<34567>»
ScrappinGwen Offline
#121 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 6:07:16 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 809 time(s) in 636 post(s)
I'm sorry but this swap was closed a couple weeks ago. Sorry for the confusion.
lauraa Offline
#122 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 7:01:24 AM(UTC)
lauraa

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 196 post(s)
The snow mostly melted over here yesterday. It rained all day, yuck. Now there's just ugly piles of slush and ice.

I was able to use my coupons at Michaels to get YES glue and it does work great! Thank you.
I'm pretty sure that jar will outlast me though.
I'm really hoping my vision will become reality.

Lori-look up altered bingo cards on yahoo or pinterest. They're fun!

I have a crazy week-taking Father in Law to airport tomorrow morning at 4am. I'm so glad he's getting to Puerto Rico though. My MIL has been there about a year and he hasn't seen her since. She went to visit and never came back!BigGrin Don't blame her, half their family live there, I wanted to do the same thing.
I'll be taking care of his dog and house while he's gone, which means 4 trips a day for 3 weeks over there. Not so much fun. Was hoping to get help from DH but he's working in Memphis this week, oh well.
Also need to visit my mom, make cupcakes for Niece's engagement party, get the cartridges I sold sent out. So if I don't check in, you'll know why!
Have a great Monday!
Laura

PennyDiGioia Offline
#123 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 5:18:27 AM(UTC)
PennyDiGioia

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Hello ladies

I've been working hard on this swap and have seven done. I'm having trouble with the 3rd directive and choosing a second item. Would you all be willing to say which you would prefer from that group. Maybe my SS will answer or I could at least get a general idea of what people prefer. Myself I would chose Hot air balloon
Kazalah Offline
#124 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:08:27 AM(UTC)
Kazalah

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 718 time(s) in 284 post(s)
Penny,

Phrasing your question that way was a really good idea! This way hopefully you find out what your SS wants but you still have your anonymity BigGrin And 7 done already? Darn your good! I think I've spent more time shopping than crafting :( . I did however have to finish up some special Valentine's for my best & her puppies so now I'm freed up to work on this swap *whew*

Ok so from directive #3 Earth Day is good.. embellishments in green are always useful especially for spring/summer

And Fire Up the Grill : Not a huge grill fan but the idea of recipe cards with red & white checkered paper sounds good especially because I bake & cook ( like baking more of course lol)

Hope your SS responds!

Lori
ScrappinGwen Offline
#125 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:16:44 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I will try to add some pictures and thoughts about Group 3 soon.

The directive for making a crisscross card requires using some striped paper on a portion of the card - but I should point out here that it does not have to look like a male themed card or a baseball themed card at all.

I'm just loosely associating baseball uniform pinstripes with scrapbook paper as a way to tie in a spring catch phrase with something in the crafting world.

Make sense?

Same with Fire UP the Grill. You may come up with a great idea truly associated with the grill or you may instead just choose to go with a red/white checkered scheme - whether you choose to use some checked paper or a stamp and color in red and white, etc. You could weave paper with red and white strips to make a back ground and that would work too.

It's harder to come up with ideas that are real personalized in this group of ladies as you are all pretty new to swapping so not a lot of history to seek out on any of you. But it does get easier to come up with some neat ideas as you continue to swap and more is learned about each of you.

Tags have been so popular for a couple years now thanks to Tim Holtz and his tag die. But even before his die, tags have still been popular as one idea to craft for each other. They can come in handy when you are wrapping a special gift or giftbag and would love to tie on an extra special pretty tag to the gift.

If you are like me and tend to pick up papers every time they are on sale, then you probably will discover some tie dyed paper in your stash. I know I have some. But even if you don't, it's fine with me to just go with "very colorful", or even a rainbow of colors or splotches of color. It's okay to think outside the box. I'm not going to toss you in jail! I just ask that you make an attempt to associate the directive in some way, whether it be major or minor.

Here's an idea to make your own (sort of) tie dye look.

It requires a tag cut out of white glossy paper; a tray of water; and Tim Holtz Adirondack alcohol inks. Just drip a few drops of the alcohol ink into the water. Don't stir it up! Just let the ink lay on top of the water. Then carefully SLIDE your tag into the water, underneath the ink drops, letting the alcohol ink lay onto the top of the tag. Then slide back out. The longer you leave the tag in the water, the more color the tag will pick up. You can use just one color or use a couple colors. You will see that you end up with a neat effect on the paper.

I will try to find my picture of my tag done that way and post. Though, once embellished, not sure how much of the background you'll be able to see! As you can see below...the alcohol ink turned the entire white tag pinkish red, but it's blotchy, if you look closely. So adding another color to the water should add some interest to the look of the tag. And note that this was a very simply embellished tag, but still very striking (imo) to add to a gift bag.

To explain why I posted some of these pictures:

I posted some crisscross cards that just happen to have some striped paper on them.
I posted the Halloween altered laughing cow cheese container just to show you how so many things in our home can be altered fairly easy to use in these swaps. It made a perfect little gift box presentation to place a chunky charm dangle in. My point being that sometimes the presentation of the item you crafted is just as much fun to work on as the actual project. It will make your partner feel all the more special.
I posted the stamped image little file folder to show you another good idea for presentation. Easy to fold up the paper to make the little folder, easy to embellish the front using diecuts required in this swap, and makes a cute gift.
I posted the tissue box cover with the squirrel on it just to show yet another idea on how you can step it up a notch by doing something special with diecuts you make for your SS.
I posted the tag with the clockface as crackle glossy accents was used on the clock face. You can easily raise the bar to a wow factor by adding a simple ingredient. The clock just looks 100 times better with the glossy accents to give the look of a real clock. Wouldn't have to be crackled, but that was look I was going for in a vintage way. So just think how much better raindrops would look if you colored in each rain drop with glossy accents! Makes all the difference in the world....

Edited by user Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:36:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen attached the following image(s):
IMG_2511.JPG
IMG_6060.JPG
IMG_6122.JPG
IMG_6126.JPG
IMG_6124.JPG
IMG_5281.JPG
IMG_5282.JPG
IMG_5327.JPG
IMG_5328.JPG
IMG_3819.JPG
 2 users thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
lauraa on 2/14/2013(UTC), NotGoingGreyGracefully on 2/14/2013(UTC)
lauraa Offline
#126 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:22:44 AM(UTC)
lauraa

I would love any of the group 3 items. Maybe not baseball related directly if the card is what you want to do, but pinstripes and masculine would be great!
Laura

STW Offline
#127 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:26:41 AM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 81 post(s)
7 completed already?!!!!! WOW - I'm really feeling like a slacker now, lol. Great question - green embellies are always welcome (embellie junkie here!) as well as tags. If my ss has already crafted something else - no worries - I'll be happy with anythingBigGrin
NotGoingGreyGracefully Offline
#128 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:43:52 AM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 801 time(s) in 451 post(s)
There are lots o options here.... Green embellies of any kind would work, of course, any kind of card with striped paper (I may try the type of card Gwen put the link to), something red and white and/or checkered...

Try to think outside the box. I'm going to have to, as my national sport is football, not baseballBigGrin BigGrin !

NGGG
JeanP Offline
#129 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 3:21:13 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 968 time(s) in 780 post(s)
Yeah!!!! I can see all the pictures. Right now anywayBigGrin

It is now 8:30 and I can't see the pictures.

Not sure what is going onConfused I turned off my computer after posting that I could see all the pictures. When I turned it back on just now, I can't see the picturesCursing

Edited by user Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:44:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

planlady19 Offline
#130 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:13:42 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 284 time(s) in 266 post(s)
ok what is up with the pictures..

one thread I can see them and the next i can't.. this is so annoying.

I think someone really needs to get this fixed.. with all the techy people cricut has you
would think this would be able to be done..

grrrrr

Kazalah Offline
#131 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:21:52 AM(UTC)
Kazalah

United States

Ok this picture thing is annoying me as well. When I post photo's I never attach them . I uploaded them to my photobucket account first then type in the code. I think for the most part they then show up. I still can't see the one Gwen posted Crying

Lori
lauraa Offline
#132 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:55:53 AM(UTC)
lauraa

Love Happy Valentine's Day!Love

Yep, I can't see the pictures either.

I've been having a little trouble getting motivated the past week. I started 2 things, but can't seem to find the creative kick in the butt to finish.
And my ideas aren't exactly translating to the items very well, that's always my problem. I have big ideas then they don't look anything like I thought they would. Glare

La

NotGoingGreyGracefully Offline
#133 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:55:58 AM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Was thanked: 801 time(s) in 451 post(s)
Some threads I can see pics, some I can't..... some I saw last week don't show up now, and some posted last week I can finally see...

I posted my first pic on another thread Monday, then Tuesday it was gone. IT geek DH says it's something PC does. I'm not a happy camper.

NGGG
STW Offline
#134 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:14:05 AM(UTC)
STW

United States

Happy Valentine's Day, ladies!!!!
 1 user thanked STW for this useful post.
NotGoingGreyGracefully on 2/14/2013(UTC)
PennyDiGioia Offline
#135 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:31:23 AM(UTC)
PennyDiGioia

I seem to be able to view pics in IE (not my favorite) its when I use firefox or chrome that sometimes I see them sometimes I don't.
lauraa Offline
#136 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:31:55 AM(UTC)
lauraa

I can see them now!
Hurry look before they're gone again!LOL

Edited by user Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:34:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kazalah Offline
#137 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 5:27:39 AM(UTC)
Kazalah

United States

Happy belated Valentine's Day ladies!

I worked on a few cuts for the swap yesterday. I'm hoping to get more done today but as always I say that/take that with a grain of salt... you know.. best laid plans and all that!

Lori

P.S. One of my Valentine's Day gifts was a washi tape holder and whole set of tapes! Hoping to put them to good use today Laugh
lauraa Offline
#138 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 6:52:31 AM(UTC)
lauraa

Happy Friday!
Yay! Hubbie is coming home for a whole day and half before he's off to work in Iowa!

I was working on something last night and hopefully it will come together nicely.
Have another entire directive done too!
So 2 down FOR sure. Another 4 being randomly worked on here and there.

Laura
ScrappinGwen Offline
#139 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 7:00:37 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I bought the Anna Griffin washi tape collection last month but haven't used it yet. I've seen some nice cards made using it - now to just hunker down and actually pull it out of the box and use it!
Kazalah Offline
#140 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 6:07:16 PM(UTC)
Kazalah

United States

I haven't done too much with washi tape but I have started to collect the ones I like so hopefully when inspiration strikes I'll have what I need .My organizer and tape cam from HSN. The tapes are We R Memory Keepers & so is the organizer.

Lori
STW Offline
#141 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:08:32 AM(UTC)
STW

United States

Good morning, ladies! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I'm off to the LSU baseball AND basketball games today.......LOVE LSU sports!

I haven't tried any of the washi tapes yet. Don't even own any - yet!

I ordered the new punches on HSN last week and should be getting them any day. I'm anxious to try them out and use them in one of the directives - but don't ask which one yet! Have trouble deciding on what do do for a couple of them - have been watching a TON of YouTube videos to try and learn something new to send to my SS. Fingers crossed!

Enjoy the weekend!

lauraa Offline
#142 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:31:34 AM(UTC)
lauraa

Have fun with your Washi Tapes! I need to look for projects on you tube.
My experiences...

The Tim Holtz washi tape looks cool but doesn't hardly stick at all. It's very easy to use. The patterns are a little overwhelming to projects for me.

Martha Stewart sticks better, but has a wax paper look to it. A little shiny. I made a very pretty bow with it from a duct tape tutorial.

Make your own washi tape- But it's kind of a pain. Stamp tissue paper-I used green with a tiny bird stamp-cut a strip-then just glue it down a little bit at a time with elmers glue and your finger. Just like the tissue paper projects when we were kids. Works best on a box or chipboard. I like this best for a TH tattered/altered look because it's imperfect.

It's experimental painting day for me, wish me luck.

Enjoy your LSU sports today STW!~
Laura
PennyDiGioia Offline
#143 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:51:25 AM(UTC)
PennyDiGioia

Lori-thanks for enabling. I had no idea what washi tape was until your post. I looked it up and now I want some. I looks like it could be just the right thing for so many projects.

Well I have figured out all the directives and have three left to go. Hoping my SS will like everything. Kind of hard not knowing the person very well.
OHscrappylady01855145 Offline
#144 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:06:18 AM(UTC)
OHscrappylady01855145

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I'm also having problems with figuring out what to make, I want to do something unique..........wish me luck
ScrappinGwen Offline
#145 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 11:19:54 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Oh just look at this swap as a starting point for you to try out some projects you've seen made and thought you would like to make yourself.

I would think that as you all are considering yourself newbies to swapping, then it makes sense to me that you will enjoy receiving most anything! Chances are you haven't received it before.

Of course you want to try and find some ideas that might match up to your partner's personality but like I've said...with you all being newer here...you don't have too much to go on or to investigate and learn.

So concentrate on doing your best on each project, quality-wise. Concentrate on making sure your partner will smile with delight as she opens up her box of goodies!

Or share something with her that you really enjoy making and are best at. Find your comfort level.

Swapping is all about learning and improving over time as you gain experience. If you continue to swap and do partner type swaps, you'll eventually get matched up with all levels of craftmanship and you will pick up so many tips or ideas. It's fun, over time.

1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
lauraa on 2/18/2013(UTC)
planlady19 Offline
#146 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 12:27:48 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 284 time(s) in 266 post(s)
ok trying to get the picture to post.. grrrr

for some of you if you are trying to think of something to do here is something I did for another swap..and they are really a lot of fun and easy. Alter a spool. just ink it paint it paper and add embellies and away you go.

Edited by user Saturday, February 16, 2013 1:05:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked planlady19 for this useful post.
lauraa on 2/18/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#147 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 1:27:46 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Thanks Terri....

I need to find time again to browse thru pictures to post other ideas.
Kazalah Offline
#148 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 6:03:11 PM(UTC)
Kazalah

United States

Penny,

I'm happy I could enable you LOL I love the idea of Washi tape and think it could be used on many things. I've seen some things on Pintrest that I like/ would like to try. A lot of inspiration there. So I've finished 3 whole directives... now just have to figure out which ones on the rest I'd like to do/try .

Gwen,

Thank you for posting pictures to help us get the hang of this. it's really helpful BigGrin

Terri,

I wondered what an altered spool was... I think this gives me an idea * lightbulb lights up above head*

Lori
lauraa Offline
#149 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 7:24:33 AM(UTC)
lauraa

Happy Monday!

Thank you for continuing to post pictures it is very helpful!
Laura
Kazalah Offline
#150 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:09:28 AM(UTC)
Kazalah

United States

Happy Tuesday!

Ok I ordered some new carts... 2 of which are supposed to arrive today (ART PHILOSOPHY & ARTISTE). I can't wait till they get here BigGrin I also ordered Creative Cards. Since this has happened before I know I'm going to get all these carts and have no idea where to start lol

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Lori