Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<7891011>
ctibbmn Offline
#241 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 1:56:16 PM(UTC)
ctibbmn

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Even though it has warmed up here - its up to 30 today!! - I would love to go to Florida too!!

It just started snowing here too. I'm glad I have milk and groceries!! But since my husband plows, I am never lucky enough to get snowed in!! I would love to have a snowed-in scrappy day!! Guess I will just have to pretend!!

Happy Monday!! (and a special hello to my partner Lana!)
Heart2hand Offline
#242 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 5:11:17 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Was thanked: 545 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Hello to all...

Gail...went to M's after my DR APPT yesterday and found some things for you. I also found the cutest basket....so that is what all your goodies will be in....don't think a BAG will hold it safely...without ripping apart. Sorry. I may alter it a bit to give it a more of an Easter appeal. I still need to get one more thing and I'm done...woo hoooo...doing the IDEA today...then it should be ready for shipping.

Marjorie...sounds like a nice time at the race.

Wendy...lovely sneak peak....

Hope ....I hope everything is going well? How is DD doing with the braces?

Denice...I went to the store last night, and everyone was there it seemed. LIKE a BLIZZARD was coming or something....lol....nothing even happened!!! LOL....people get soo freaked out when it calls for alot of snow....REALLY?

Have a great day...

rhonda

DeniceB. Offline
#243 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 8:27:25 AM(UTC)
DeniceB.

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Good Morning!!!

The kiddos have a snow day today and all after school activities have been cancelled...which is a shame because tonight was my son's middle school choir concert. Hopefully it will be rescheduled, but they rent the high school auditorium for the concert and there are a lot of spring activities starting that rent the same auditorium.

Rhonda, I sent my hubby out last night to buy milk and a few other supplies...everyone must have had the same idea. It's the midwest...we're used to this stuff, what's the fuss?!! LOL.

Hohum...I think I've lost my mojo because I can not come up with an idea for a basket. I've got a couple of weeks and I'll keep looking through pinterest and a few other sites. Don't worry partner, I promise your goodies will be packaged in Easter colors, lol!

Have a great day girls, looks like I might go out and get some showeling in.
ctibbmn Offline
#244 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 9:15:05 AM(UTC)
ctibbmn

Happy snow day to everyone who has snow and to those who didn't get any!!

We've gotten 6-8" and expecting 2-4 more. Our schools didn't close, not even 2 hours late, but our school district rarely closes. I'm giving my kids an extra long break this morning because they ASKED to shovel!! Now, they are playing soccer on the deck. I suppose I should call them back in so they can read and write when they are adults!! teehee!! Gotta go.....
scrappinchic Offline
#245 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 12:01:13 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Howdy partnerSneaky ! I have a surprise for youFlapper ! I mailed your basket today! I had to make a PO run so I decided to take yours today so I wouldn't have to make another trip tomorrow. The basket I bought is busting at the seams! Its filled to the rim with all types of goodies for you to enjoy! I can't wait to see what you thinkWink ! The DC# is 9505 5103 1930 3064 4206 71. Its says the expected delivery date is thursdayWoot ! I forgot to take a picture of it all tucked pretty inside your basketThumbDown ! It might be a mess time they shake it around, toss it here and there. I hope notSad ! We shall seeScared !

Its supposed to be up close to 70 by the weekend here. I would rather have all the snowGlare !

Edited by user Tuesday, March 05, 2013 12:03:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Heart2hand Offline
#246 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 4:38:45 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Hello...

Yesterday it snowed, well it was a slushy snow...the kind that PACKS well and stays forever....ughhhh...we ended up with about 5-7" of this NASTY stuff. WHere is Spring????? I was sure she was on her way!!!!!! LOL.....then this weekend it is to warm up around the 50's....YAHHHHH. About time....

Jess.....you are on it....70's....I'll trade ya....I'd rather have the warm any day than the cold.

Denice....I think it is US Midwesterns....crazy aren't we....lol.

Gail.....How are you? I have some of the items packaged up....and lovin' how it looks inside that PRETTY basket....still undecided if I'm going to add to the basket...I think it's sooo pretty the way it is and you could use it for other than SPRING/EASTER...so I may leave it and you can enjoy it for anytime.

HUGS
rhonda
MarjorieLindley Offline
#247 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 5:03:38 AM(UTC)
MarjorieLindley

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 47 post(s)
bahahaha I cannot believe this new storm. It went completly around us. HOW LUCKY AM I. From MN down to IL (where my son lives and is use to this stuff and went outside for a walk in it cause he misses home LOL) silly boy. the below us and its suppose to work its way east. BUT we did wake up to freezing rain this morning and schools are on a 2 hour delay other than that its great here. Maybe we will get that early spring. MMMMMM flowers can't wait to see all my flowers poke their heads out of the ground.

Well off to work then to post office to mail my basket. OOOOOOH so nervous. No I am not I know Jess will luv it all. tee hee. even the xtra at least one of the special extras. YAY.

Talk to you all later. WHOO HOO
MarjorieLindley Offline
#248 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 9:01:47 AM(UTC)
MarjorieLindley

WAHOOO your package is postal as of 1/2 hour ago tracking is 13113210000021638929. I put insurance on it so let me know when ya gets it. Ha Ha. Enjoy it Jess. You are a super partner. Okay gotta get back to work.

If anyone is interested my son just finished a fun video of his trip back to the UP and some was videoed in chicago. ITs here. http://vimeo.com/61163932 he has other ones on that site too but this one is the new one. YAY. enjoy.

Talk to you all later.
HopeJones1 Offline
#249 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 2:03:14 PM(UTC)
HopeJones1

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 55 post(s)
BigGrin Hi Weagz! Hi everyone! My partner and I have been chatting over email...and I think we both will be ready to mail very soon!Woot Woot Now the hard thing is not to open the box when I get it! Because we have to wait until the 28th to open right, Jess?

Hello Rhonda!-DD is doing fantastic with the braces now-your are so sweet to think of her!Smile Right now life is busy with practices, church, choir, open houses at school, volleyball, etc. that is mom's life. :)

I am ready for spring like weather too! Last Monday(2/25) we got a total of 19 1/2" of snow...yep. The entire city closed down! Most of the snow is gone but there are few spots in the city where you can still find a pile or two.

Hope everyone has a warm and crafty day!Wink
weagz Offline
#250 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 4:00:57 PM(UTC)
weagz

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Evening ladies!

It is so good to see some packages have been sent in the mail! BigGrin BigGrin So excited to see what everyone has received!

I am planning on mailing out to my partner on Monday. Hope and I are mailing on the same day so we can (hopefully) receive on the same day! And, yes Hope, it will be hard not opening that package right when it arrives! But I will have willpower and wait until Easter Sunday!

That storm that gave some of you so much snow is headed here today and tomorrow. We are only getting strong wind and rain/snow mixture. No big snowfall for us. We had a couple blizzards already, so I am fine with slushy mix. We'll see if any activities or school gets interrupted tomorrow.

Have a good night everyone!
DeniceB. Offline
#251 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 5:20:09 PM(UTC)
DeniceB.

Hi girls, sounds like everyone is keeping busy!

Hey Scrappin_RN, hope you're doing well and getting ready for some R&R in FL! I'm a bit jealous, I'd love to be sitting in the sun by the ocean....ahhhhhhhhh! LOL! I'm almost ready to mail out your BAG, I'm just waiting on one last package to arrive. I decided to order "one more thing"...I sure hope you like it!

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day.

scrappinchic Offline
#252 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:49:58 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Oh, Hope! Why did you remind me about that little rule of waiting! Now will I have the will power or notScared !

Marjorie! Your basket is scheduled for delivery todayBigGrin ! I am nervous! Now if you open the box you will see some goodies! Just an FYI! I don't have a problem with it tough! Only so you see the basket and not tear into it! I really so wanna see the basketWink . I hope you like it all! You will notice something is missing! I just bought you crafty goodies insteadCool ! Ok, I better shut up before I give some stuff away!

Can't wait to see the baskets.
MarjorieLindley Offline
#253 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:58:22 AM(UTC)
MarjorieLindley

HUH!!! Oh yeah it does say to wait til EASTER! OMG I am going to have to hide the box or have joe hide it on me. BUT WAIT he can't hide it I have 4 pups. They like my stuff expecially my puppy seneca cause she is only 7 months old. and she really is a pup. The others are 8 (almost 9 Crying ) 5 going on 6 and 4 going on 5. MAN They grow up way to fast. Sure wish they lived past 12-16 years.

Well My box most likely wont be here til tomorrow. I am from a small town and it just left oak creek this morning and my mailman was already loaded down by 8 this morning so he wont have it til tomorrow. So we will get ours on the same day. WHOO HOO BUT

BUT if you open your BOX you willllll See everything. I didnt wrap it all up just in its see through thing and extras are thrown all around the box. BE CAREFUL. tee hee. I am not worried if you see. I am sure you are waiting for that something special. TEE HEE. Well keep my mouth shut too. HA HA. well I KNOW you will enjoy it all. YAY. can't wait for everyone to start posting pictures. YUP I am early saying that. LOL have a great day.

Jess just so you know if it says delivered that means its delivered to the post office. I get it the next day. Everything but fed ex goes to the post office and they take care of it all. OOPS except UPS too. HA HA.
DeniceB. Offline
#254 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 5:24:08 AM(UTC)
DeniceB.

Good Morning! I can't believe that boxes are being delivered already?! You girls are quick, just like bunnies!

I'm going to run errands today and it just so happens that the bookstore that I need to go is next to an Archivers...lucky me! Maybe "lucky" Scrappin_RN too!!

I hope everyone has a great day.
HopeJones1 Offline
#255 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 8:46:44 AM(UTC)
HopeJones1

Hello Weagz! and all my Easter peeps! BigGrin I just found some time this morning and boxed all the goodies up! But I will wait to mail out until Monday! Let me tell you that I had to put some duck tape on the sides because I was afraid it would bust open!Laugh Now Weagz if you open the box then will see most of your goodies but some are hidden(wrapped)....just a little friendly warning! Your basket/bag is useful....Sneaky what does that mean??? Hmmmm....Wink

I am so ready for tonight....we have NOTHING TO DO! This is 1st night since Wed 2/27 that we have nothing to do. I am ready. My kiddos are ready.Woot

I can't wait to see everyone's goodies..you know so I can add to my list....not like my wishlist needs to get any longer!Drool

Remember to "spring forward" your clocks this weekend!ThumpUp

Have a crafty day everyone!!Smile

Edited by user Friday, March 08, 2013 8:49:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MarjorieLindley Offline
#256 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 9:41:24 AM(UTC)
MarjorieLindley

Well My box should be in my front porch when I get home. GOtta run and hide it right away. I am busy this weekend so that should be good. I hope. LOL. ITs suppose to be in the 40s today then back in the 20s next week. EGADS. But it is a sign that spring is trying to break through. YAHOOO.

HOpe everyone has a wonderful weekend. I know I will be super busy.
 1 user thanked MarjorieLindley for this useful post.
scrappinchic on 3/8/2013(UTC)
scrappinchic Offline
#257 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 4:26:03 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Yay! Marjorie my box came! I haven't had a chance to peak but wanted you to know its here! Thanks again partnerThumpUp !

Have a great weekend!

1 user thanked scrappinchic for this useful post.
MarjorieLindley on 3/9/2013(UTC)
craftymomof2 Offline
#258 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 11:15:10 AM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
Happy Saturday, Ladies!!!

Cheryl, I have all your goodies. Just need to wrap everything and ship it to you. I have really enjoyed working on this for you. Hope you are having a great weekend! I am sending you a pm

Hugs, Lana
 1 user thanked craftymomof2 for this useful post.
ctibbmn on 3/10/2013(UTC)
Heart2hand Offline
#259 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 4:37:07 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Hello...

Gail....I'm about ready to ship...I need your addy, please. THANKS....Hope you are doing well.

HUGs
rhonda
DeniceB. Offline
#260 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 7:18:35 AM(UTC)
DeniceB.

JCI and hoping everyone has a great Sunday!

A big shout-out to Scrappin_RN!
ctibbmn Offline
#261 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 2:55:31 PM(UTC)
ctibbmn

Hi everyone!! Just digging out from another big snow - the heavy sticky kind that got stuck in my satellite dish- the worst part about having satellite Internet!! But its a week and a half til spring, right??

Lana, I will send you a PM with my addy - thanks!! Can't wait to see it and can't wait to send yours!!

Have a great week ladies!!
Heart2hand Offline
#262 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 4:43:45 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Hello Miss Gail....I hope your weekend was good? How is the weather there? It was BEAUTIFUL here over the weekend....yesterday was around 65*....SPRING is on the way....I'm ready for warmer..not HOT, and sunny days.

Send me your addy, almost done!

HUGS
rhonda
MarjorieLindley Offline
#263 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 6:05:39 AM(UTC)
MarjorieLindley

ctibbmn We were digging out too from about 6 inches of sticky heavy wet Snowman snow. Can't believe we were predicted 1 inch and we got 6. Woke up this morning and we got socked YET AGAIN. I think this is triton coming through now. Everything is closed here but the courthouse and us at MTU. Geesh. Roads are thick and slippery but other than that It isn't really that bad. At least for us. geesh. Oh well. TIme to get back to work. Darn it. I would rather be home crafting. LOL.
weagz Offline
#264 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 6:27:52 AM(UTC)
weagz

Hello everyone!

I have everything for my partner, Hope, all packaged up and in the mail! Hope, I will PM you the DC# !

I am so excited to see if you like everything. I had so much fun shopping for you!

Can't wait to see everyone's goodies!
 1 user thanked weagz for this useful post.
HopeJones1 on 3/11/2013(UTC)
ctibbmn Offline
#265 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 12:23:38 PM(UTC)
ctibbmn

Originally Posted by: MarjorieLindley Go to Quoted Post
ctibbmn We were digging out too from about 6 inches of sticky heavy wet Snowman snow. Can't believe we were predicted 1 inch and we got 6. Woke up this morning and we got socked YET AGAIN. I think this is triton coming through now. Everything is closed here but the courthouse and us at MTU. Geesh. Roads are thick and slippery but other than that It isn't really that bad. At least for us. geesh. Oh well. TIme to get back to work. Darn it. I would rather be home crafting. LOL.

We were predicted 2-4" and we got that in the morning and then it quit, so we thought we were done. Then it started snowing in the afternoon and snowed into the night and that is when we also got the sticky heavy 6". We didn't wake up to snow this morning though, but it is snowing again now. The kids are loving it, but the are playing king of the mountain and digging snow forts in my garden which is were we dump the mountain of extra snow. It will take forever for my garden to dry out this spring!! I am ready for fresh peas, broccoli, tomatoes, etc.!!

Sorry you didn't get a day off when everyone else does. That is so hard!! I'd rather be crafting too!!
HopeJones1 Offline
#266 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 2:03:55 PM(UTC)
HopeJones1

Hi Weagz!!ThumpUp I sent you a PM back with your DC #.....you should be getting your box soon....this week even!!Woot

Remember! If you open the box you will see some of your goodies but some are "hidden"..Sneaky
Also...your "bag" is something you can use over and over and over....Sneaky

All of you with snow -please stay safe and warm!!

Have a great crafty week!!Smile
 1 user thanked HopeJones1 for this useful post.
weagz on 3/12/2013(UTC)
Heart2hand Offline
#267 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:31:44 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Well, This is the FINAL swap and it's almost done....I'm waiting on an item from my partner in the other swap...and the one swap is now closed and I was ONCE again FLAKED on...what is with grown ladies that makes them think it's OK to FLAKE?????? I WILL NEVER understand this!!!!! IT is very upsetting and makes me see that LEAVING this group is really the BEST THING.

Gail....STILL needing your address....sent you a PM. THANKS

Rhonda
scrappinchic Offline
#268 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:29:36 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Sorry you were flaked on Rhonda.

Its going to be a busy day here. My pawpaw has open heart surgery today. Plus I have to go visit with my cousin. She got news yesterday that her cancer is back and has spread. Please keep them in your prayers!

Hello Marjorie! I see you got more snow. Be safe! I will email you later!

I hope y'all have a fantastic day!
weagz Offline
#269 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:35:36 AM(UTC)
weagz

Sorry that you got flaked on Rhonda. I understand the need for a break, but hope to see you back soon.

Jess - thoughts and prayers your way.

Sorry that I may have seemed like I was MIA a while. My FIL has just been diagnosed with lung cancer two weeks ago and is having a very hard time. He got released from the hospital yesterday. He has been very immobile and cannot get around. My MIL has also been having health issues as of late, with high blood pressure. She was just admitted INTO the hospital last night because it was so high. My poor DH is an only child and has been running himself ragged trying to take them places and be there with them to make sure their medicine is taken. He has been with them for the past few days and I just wish there was something I could do. I feel so bad for him. Sad

If prayers are your thing, please send them.

On to a happier note - Hope, I am excited to get my package of goodies! I promise not to open it too soon. Tongue I'll try to wait until Easter. If you open your package you will see your basket filled with unwrapped goodies, but there are a few things that did not fit in the basket so I wrapped them up separate and put them in the box. Do you think you can wait until Easter? Wink
DeniceB. Offline
#270 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:35:48 AM(UTC)
DeniceB.

Rhonda, sorry! That's one of the reasons I had to take a little break from the board and when I decided to come back, I only did one swap at a time. I don't do well with disappointment.

Jess, saying prayers for you and your family.

It's March...forget the snow and bring on the tulips and forsythias!

Hi Scrappin_RN! I'm just waiting for you to get back from vacation Cool so we can swap addresses, I've got a box sitting here...just wanting to be mailed!

I hope everyone has a great day!