Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MrsT Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 11:20:23 PM(UTC)
MrsT

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi, We're coming to Orlando in a couple of weeks (I live in Spain) and I've spent ages on line looking at various sites such as Micheals,Hobby Lobby, Joannes and Walmart. The problem is that some of them,especially Walmart, seem to have several outlets in the area. We're only there for 6 days, pre cruise, so I want to hit the best first!! I have a long list of carts as well as blades,mats . cropodile, ATG gun etc etc I want to get and have signed up for the coupons for various places.
Can any of you wonderful enablers tell me the best stores to go? Is there a Walmart with lots of carts? or somewhere else you could recommend?
I've got my Christams money to spend as well!!!
EmEsPy Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 5:48:51 AM(UTC)
EmEsPy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Michael's and Joanns usually have the carts on sale, but, not all the time. Walmart just has the Lites, since they have done away with almost all their craft supplies. We have many in the area and they just opened up Hobby Lobby!
 1 user thanked EmEsPy for this useful post.
MrsT on 9/28/2010(UTC)
TSHREVE Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:49:37 AM(UTC)
TSHREVE

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 232 post(s)
I am in Ft Myers so I can't help you with the local stores in Orlando. But in case you didn't know.....JoAnnes, Michael's and Ac Moore all take each others coupons. (I am sure HL does too!) So go online and print way more than you need for the week you are going to be here.
Michael's will take ANY competitors coupon for crafts.....and mine gives an extra ten percent off. I had one for 60% off a couple of months ago and they actually honored the new policy and gave me 70% off one regular priced item.

Oh and some of the stores only let you use one coupon per person per day like ACMOORE....so take hubby with you. Michael's will let me use as many coupons as I want as long as each item is rung up seperately.

None of the stores will take a coupon on anything Cricut though. So check the ads for that week and see who has the lowest prices on the Carts. Seems every week one or the other of the stores has been running sales on the full content carts for $39.99.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:52:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TSHREVE for this useful post.
MrsT on 9/28/2010(UTC)
alex&tysmama Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:30:27 PM(UTC)
alex&tysmama

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
In my opinion, you get the best "craft store tour" going to the stores on Colonial Drive. It's a busy road, but you can find Sam Flax, Hobby Lobby, Joann's and Michael's all within about 5-6 miles (max).

Starting from Interstate 4 you will find the following stores (in order of where they are on the street)

Sam Flax (on the left coming from I4 across from a Publix grocery store) is a local craft/art store that has Copic markers, ATG tape and a small scrapbook section. They also have really nice albums. I haven't been in there in a few months so I'm not sure if their selection has changed, but they definitely have the Copic markers and I use them to buy my ATG tape (a bit more expensive than online, but I like to support local stores)

The new Hobby Lobby is past Sam Flax (heading away from Interstate 4 and on the right hand side in a shopping plaza with a Total Wine and Spirits). They just opened and I can honestly say I haven't been there yet. They aren't open on Sunday (just for your planning purposes).

Joann's is past the Hobby Lobby (on the right in the shopping plaza with HH Gregg and behind Red Lobster) and I tend to like that Joann's better than the one by my house. It's an older store, but they aren't as picked over as the ones in the larger areas.

Michael's is the last store on the route (on the right, a few lights past Joann's.) They have the ATG and a pretty good stocked section. I just bought my ATG at that store, they are in the same aisle as the cartridges. Refill tapes are $5.99 for 2 rolls, non-acid free (without a coupon)

My favorite Michael's in Orlando is the one on Turkey Lake road. They are a newer store layout with the entire center section of all scrapbook/stamp stuff.

Good luck, happy shopping!!!!
 1 user thanked alex&tysmama for this useful post.
MrsT on 9/29/2010(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 8:48:10 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 547 post(s)
MrsT wrote:
Hi, We're coming to Orlando in a couple of weeks (I live in Spain) and I've spent ages on line looking at various sites such as Micheals,Hobby Lobby, Joannes and Walmart. The problem is that some of them,especially Walmart, seem to have several outlets in the area. We're only there for 6 days, pre cruise, so I want to hit the best first!! I have a long list of carts as well as blades,mats . cropodile, ATG gun etc etc I want to get and have signed up for the coupons for various places.
Can any of you wonderful enablers tell me the best stores to go? Is there a Walmart with lots of carts? or somewhere else you could recommend?
I've got my Christams money to spend as well!!!

My favorite store right now is Hobby Lobby...but keep this in mind....they aren't open on Sundays and they don't take other store's coupons. What I like about them is that they have such a wide variety of craft supplies. They are also the only place locally that I've found Nestibilities. They often have great sales on paper packs and single sheets of paper. They don't always run a 40% off coupon so I hope they have one the week you are going.

I only have a small Joanns near my house and it works good for the basic stuff. They will take other store's coupons and are open everyday. The bigger stores and especially the Super Joanns carry a bigger selection of suppies.

Michaels offers some different brands that I don't see at Joanns, and I usually get any Martha Stewart supplies there. What cartridges I buy depends on what the store has on sale and they have both had some good ones recently.

Our WalMart isn't worth going to, but I will check the craft department if I am there. What I don't like is not being able to use a coupon there. You get used to tha...t so why buy basic supplies there when I can use a coupon at the other stores. The craft department at WM used to be bigger and also carried a lot of Martha Stewart paper and supplies, but no more.

The trip sounds great. Good luck and enjoy your shopping.

Dee

1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
MrsT on 9/29/2010(UTC)
MrsT Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 10:59:48 AM(UTC)
MrsT

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Thank you all for your help! I've spent today printing out various maps and now I'm waiting to print coupons nearer the time.