Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JeanP Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 2:21:14 PM(UTC)
JeanP

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 804 post(s)
I forgot all about the 1/13 post before I went on vacationBlushing Blushing

Here are 2 single sketches and 1 double for you. I finished the 2 singles before we went and made them into a double layout.

Here are the sketches.

Edited by user Sunday, February 03, 2013 7:50:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP attached the following image(s):
LID Jan 13 Single.jpg
LID Jan13 Single 2.jpg
Lid Jan 13 Double.jpg
 2 users thanked JeanP for this useful post.
ctibbmn on 1/20/2013(UTC), DarleneDuncan on 6/2/2014(UTC)
JeanP Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 2:27:15 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Here are the 2 singles made into a double layout.
I wanted to keep them "natural" and thought the string and beads went well with the patterned paper which I thought looked southwestern.
IMG_8601.JPG
IMG_8600.JPG
ctibbmn Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 3:08:28 PM(UTC)
ctibbmn

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Thanks for posting some new ones - I've been checking!! I was hoping you were okay and would be back!!

Your pages are really nice. They do really look Southwestern with the strings and beads!! I really like how you made made the mats - the skinny one and then the wider one that shows more of the background paper - very pretty!!
 1 user thanked ctibbmn for this useful post.
JeanP on 1/20/2013(UTC)
ctibbmn Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 1:24:18 PM(UTC)
ctibbmn

I used the double layout. I take so many pictures of each event, I hate to leave out even one picture (I know, I need to get over that!!) I don't take all that many portrait oriented pictures, so I turned the sketch on its side and I could use lots of almost full-size pics. This layout was perfect for me and actually turned out to be a pretty simple page!! :-)

(Sorry you have to click on it to see, still haven't figured out how to make them show up - I thought with a different computer that would help, but it didn't change anything.)

I didn't post a close-up of page 2 because it blurred (and its pretty boring anyway!!) And these pics weren't taken on Jan 2, I meant to put part 2, group 2, something like that!! Just started it yesterday.....

Edited by user Wednesday, January 23, 2013 1:29:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: forgot the pics!!

File Attachment(s):
January 2 2013 006.JPG (1,505kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
January 2 2013 007.JPG (1,309kb) downloaded 16 time(s).
 1 user thanked ctibbmn for this useful post.
GayleWheaton1 on 1/28/2013(UTC)
sportykidsbug Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 1:39:14 PM(UTC)
sportykidsbug

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ctibbmn Go to Quoted Post

(Sorry you have to click on it to see, still haven't figured out how to make them show up - I thought with a different computer that would help, but it didn't change anything.)

I had problems with getting my photos to show on this site as well; I didn't realize the size of my photos was too large. A couple of very helpful members here told me about two different websites which give you the ability to resize your photos (for free). One is gimp.org and the other is shrinkpictures.com. I personally used the shrinkpictures and it was incredibly easy. It worked for my photos - and if I remember correctly, I think for best results here you need to keep pictures at 600 pixels or less. If you're not sure about these sites, you could always use Photoshop or another photo editing software to resize your images. (My Microsoft anti-virus said both Gimp and Shrinkpictures were safe sites for what its worth). Good luck and hope you can get your photos to post!
JeanP Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:05:40 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

I used the double layout. I take so many pictures of each event, I hate to leave out even one picture (I know, I need to get over that!!) I don't take all that many portrait oriented pictures, so I turned the sketch on its side and I could use lots of almost full-size pics. This layout was perfect for me and actually turned out to be a pretty simple page!! :-)

I didn't post a close-up of page 2 because it blurred (and its pretty boring anyway!!) And these pics weren't taken on Jan 2, I meant to put part 2, group 2, something like that!! Just started it yesterday.....

VERY nice layout!!!!!!

I find that if I change the settings on my camera before I take pictures to post here, it works out fine. I think maybe 640X480 or something similar to that setting.

I have also used shrinkpictures and like that also.

JeanP Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:07:41 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

I did this layout to honor my nephew who passed away in Oct. My DH and DD decorated a tree in his honor at Christmas time. It turned out to be a Charlie Brown tree(his favorite character) and we used red, white and blue lights.
I had mixed feelings while putting the layout together but Sheila(GrammaP)says anything honoring him was nothing to be sad about.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:11:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

IMG_8596.JPG
JeanP Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 7:50:03 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Any layout pictures to see?????BigGrin
LisaW. Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:54:02 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
got my pictures ready to go for the double layout...now just to find some time. I am shooting for Wednesday, lol. Wish I had a room I could lock myself in:)
ctibbmn Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 12:10:02 PM(UTC)
ctibbmn

Thanks ladies for the advice on posting pictures. I tried a "shrinking" site last year and I could shrink the pictures, but I couldn't get them from that site to Cricut.com, but I will either try that again or change the settings on my camera. Its so much more fun to see them in the post!!

JeanP - I am sure a bittersweet page, but looks very nice!! I am really liking using that many pictures on a page!! I am going to try the layout with with 3 pics sometime this week. I don't do very many one pic pages, but I may just step out of my comfort zone someday and try that too!!

LisaW - Me too!! I wish I had a room to lock myself into. Sometimes, I mop myself into my scrap room (porch) so I can't get out at least til it dries!!

ctibbmn Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 6:58:55 PM(UTC)
ctibbmn

Here is my take on the second sketch. I had a lot of fun with this one!! These are pictures taken a few minutes after arriving home with our adopted children - four years ago on 1-25-09....

Edited by user Monday, January 28, 2013 7:03:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
January part 3 2012 023.JPG (1,355kb) downloaded 15 time(s).
LisaW. Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:05:33 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Finally got my double layout done...realized I really messed up on a couple spots. They are going into the booksLOL

Ohana means family...will put that in my journal section...was going to try to write it across the Ohana but forgot. Should have put my pluto and mickey lettering closer together. Only had 2 sheets of the red paper and of course couldn't match the color anywhere...must have been really old paper, lol, so wasn't able to mat my pictures on the family side. I think they still look okay.

Now to figure out the next layouts...
LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0124.JPG
ctibbmn Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 2:25:23 PM(UTC)
ctibbmn

LisaW - I didn't notice any of the things you mentioned - letters too close together, pictures not being matted.... its so cute.... love your colors and especially your flowers!! Its fun to see how different the pages look even using the same "map"!!
JeanP Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 2:39:40 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

LisaW - I didn't notice any of the things you mentioned - letters too close together, pictures not being matted.... its so cute.... love your colors and especially your flowers!! Its fun to see how different the pages look even using the same "map"!!

I agree!!!! Layouts look gret to me.

ctibbm, yours also came out very nice. What cute kids!!!!

I can't beleive it's time for another couple sketches come Sunday.
I have a couple projects going so I'm not sure when I will get to use these myself but I will post them anyway.
Who knows, they may go together quickBigGrin

JeanP Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 7:58:00 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States