Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

dfwebb1686fd17 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 3:55:00 PM(UTC)
dfwebb1686fd17

Groups: Registered

I'm new. Just getting my pink Expression out of the box and playing with some basic cuts. So far it works great from the machine, but when I try to use the Craft Room I have trouble. After almost every cut I have to reset the machine, the software or the computer to get another cut. I keep getting messages to load the mat when it is already loaded. Sometimes it doesn't recognize the machine and sometimes it just stares at me. I love that one. Anyone had these problems? Am I overlooking something simple getting used to my new toy?
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:40:45 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7869 time(s) in 3683 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dfwebb1686fd17 Go to Quoted Post
I'm new. Just getting my pink Expression out of the box and playing with some basic cuts. So far it works great from the machine, but when I try to use the Craft Room I have trouble. After almost every cut I have to reset the machine, the software or the computer to get another cut. I keep getting messages to load the mat when it is already loaded. Sometimes it doesn't recognize the machine and sometimes it just stares at me. I love that one. Anyone had these problems? Am I overlooking something simple getting used to my new toy?

Have you updated the firmware on it yet?
dfwebb1686fd17 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:54:40 PM(UTC)
dfwebb1686fd17

Yes, I've done that. Thanks for the tip though. I know I'm going to love the things I can do with the Cricut once if get going with it, but I feel like a baby learning to walk and I keep falling on my butt. LOL
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 6:22:48 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 116 post(s)
do you have a firewall and antivirus software running on your computer? If so you will need to call customer service and get their help with exceptions to allow the cricut software to run on your computer.I am going through the same thing right now. we got almost through it.... I had to uninstall my antivirus software to unlock my firewall (because my antivirus software controls my firewall) I use Mcafee antivirus software and customer service doesn't have any information on how to make the cricut work with it so I have to get my computer Guru to help me... So I have to wait until monday for that...but at least I can use my ccr with my cricut.....

good luck and Happy Creating
Dori