Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cinditrudeau2b98fa30 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 4:30:31 PM(UTC)
cinditrudeau2b98fa30

Groups: Registered

I am new to Cricut and just purchased an expression 2. I wanted to make a wood sign with the word Welcome in the center and then a last name that goes through the center of the Word Welcome in a different (Cursive) font. I have no clue how to do this. Do I cut out Welcome in the font I want and then the last name in the font I want and then just lay them on top of each other? Or is there a better way to cut it all at once? I was thinking of using a grey vinyl for the word welcome and a black vinyl for the last name. If I decide to use scrap book paper wood I use the same procedure that I would for vinyl?

Also I am looking for a cartridge of just fonts is there such a thing. I heard that you can no longer use a 3rd party software to download fonts from free font sites anymore (with the expression 2) is that true?

Thanks for your help BigGrin

Cindy

scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 4:39:57 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18987 time(s) in 8485 post(s)
The process for layering is the same whether you use paper or vinyl. The word you want to see the most of, goes on last. If it's going to be an indoor only sign, paper would be fine to use. Depending on the font, applying the adhesive could be tedious. With vinyl, it already has adhesive on it and you can move the whole word easily with transfer tape.

There are a few carts that are fonts only, but most of the carts are a mixture of images and fonts. Check Narelle's blog for her Cricut Font Guide:

http://myfaqcricutds.blo...ts-list-updated-for.html

The 3rd party software never worked with the E2 {or Imagine or Mini}. But the 3rd party software that works with the other Cricut models has not been available {legally} for sale for almost 2 years.