Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

♥Carol♥ Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:09:34 PM(UTC)
♥Carol♥

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2764 time(s) in 2201 post(s)
Provo Craft just uploaded a video. Here it is if you haven't see it yet ...

http://www.youtube.com/w...;feature=player_embedded
 10 users thanked ♥Carol♥ for this useful post.
MariaReyes1 on 1/30/2013(UTC), chellabella on 1/30/2013(UTC), garagesaler on 1/30/2013(UTC), burghbeth on 1/30/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 1/30/2013(UTC), GracefulGrammar on 1/30/2013(UTC), rhondah* on 1/30/2013(UTC), Godot's Girl on 1/30/2013(UTC), JustJudi on 2/2/2013(UTC), LizVellali on 2/4/2013(UTC)
LindainWA Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:30:18 PM(UTC)
LindainWA

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 942 time(s) in 552 post(s)
I saw and wonder what's up. Are they trying to repair their image or just trying to pull in more people who are just get into crafting. I was not impressed that's for sure.
 1 user thanked LindainWA for this useful post.
Annabella on 2/3/2013(UTC)
scrap.n.sista Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:56:12 PM(UTC)
scrap.n.sista

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I was happy to see this.... I want them to succeed, I have invested lots of $ with this company!! I started with the baby bug in 04. I love my bugs, Imagine, carts, and Gypsy!! I am rooting for Provocraft!!!!
 4 users thanked scrap.n.sista for this useful post.
burghbeth on 1/30/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 1/30/2013(UTC), deonnahotovec on 1/31/2013(UTC), joyfullycrafting on 2/5/2013(UTC)
BJR Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:56:12 PM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
1st - How can they be giving MS a run for her moner when she was attached to Cricut with her cake machine and her carts? they were real nice and I think some of the most useful.

2nd. With his quotes on sales thats on average each person that owns one machine- only owns 5 carts- boy do we put that out of the ballpark.

3rd- I tend to disagree with the lots of free onthe web with Cricut. Yes there is some but not that much.

So as you can tell - Bloomberg not that informed.
I was not all that impressed. Obviously not talking to crafters in my opinion but stock people. BJR.
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:40:44 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8072 time(s) in 4722 post(s)
That was the CEO being interviewed, was it not? I couldn't actually hear the conversation between the two parties; but I also fail to see why MS was even mentioned.

I want PC to succeed, too. They have a lot of 'splainin' to do, though. Where have they been for months and months and months? Why haven't they fixed all the problems users have had over the past three years?

I don't really know what to think anymore.

I would like to see them come back; but, as I've said the past year or so......it hasn't happened thus far and the longer it goes, the more worried I get.

Char
ScrappinNanaK Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:49:33 PM(UTC)
ScrappinNanaK

Was thanked: 412 time(s) in 201 post(s)
Mad I dont get it the CEO said there are alot of free patterns on the web. PC's machines wont cut SVG's now that they filed a suit against the companies that created the software that would allow cricut users to cut SVG's. The newer machines like the E2 cannot even be used with third party software. Don't get me wrong I have an E2 and love it but I also like to create my own cut outs.
Scrapperdee Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:38:27 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4167 time(s) in 2391 post(s)
What is that thin-looking machine at the 1:40 mark with the grey end-caps? I must be out of the loop, I don't recognize that machine.

Sounds like this is just a way to get more people to hear/realize you can get downloaded content...maybe because not a lot of people are doing it. Ashish mentioned that 75% of people don't know what the cricut is ...so its probably easier to increase their market share than to fix the problems that we are having...since we are part of the 25% that know what a cricut is.

He said..."Lots of free content" ... that is a bit misleading.

HA HA...the ticker said "The cricut crafting machine incorporates social networking aspects" - huh?

Edited by user Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:38:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked Scrapperdee for this useful post.
Annabella on 2/3/2013(UTC), BJR on 2/3/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:17:01 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8072 time(s) in 4722 post(s)
I thought it interesting the interviewer (was that Bloomburg?) asked if you could "draw or design your own image or any craft & upload it"?

We would all love to do that; of course, PC Cricuts can only use their images.

While the answer sounded correct, it didn't really answer the interviewers REAL question.

No, we can't draw or design our own images and upload what we would like to upload....but, we all know that going in, too. So, we are okay with it, but we would LOVE to be able to do what the interviewer was asking....with our CRICUTS.

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:18:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rhondah* Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:11:07 PM(UTC)
rhondah*

United States

Was thanked: 14715 time(s) in 8865 post(s)
TFSSmile
Godot's Girl Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:02:01 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2865 time(s) in 1716 post(s)
I, too, am rooting for ProvoCraft, as I love my AE E2, all my carts, and my embossing folders. However, I felt Ashish dodged Bloomberg's question about designing your own content, and it looked and sounded like a dodge to anyone paying attention. He should have said "No, you cannot. The Cricut is a cartridge based system, and you can only manipulate the images on cartridges you own." That is the truth. Ashish's answer made it seem like what Bloomberg was asking was possible, and it is not to any new purchasers not grandfathered into the SCAL and MTC situation. However, he did say it was something ProvoCraft was hoping to be moving toward......as we all have been HOPING for quite some time. As mentioned in a previous post, this was not an interview geared towards crafters, but investors. It still could be misleading though to any new person who comes upon it. Very concerning that the President would not give a straight answerGlare . I am still in ProvoCraft's corner though.....I am an eternal optimistLOL LOL LOL ! GG
 4 users thanked Godot's Girl for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 1/31/2013(UTC), deonnahotovec on 1/31/2013(UTC), GracefulGrammar on 1/31/2013(UTC), joyfullycrafting on 2/5/2013(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:04:50 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1845 time(s) in 874 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Godot's Girl Go to Quoted Post
I, too, am rooting for ProvoCraft, as I love my AE E2, all my carts, and my embossing folders. However, I felt Ashish dodged Bloomberg's question about designing your own content, and it looked and sounded like a dodge to anyone paying attention. He should have said "No, you cannot. The Cricut is a cartridge based system, and you can only manipulate the images on cartridges you own." That is the truth. Ashish's answer made it seem like what Bloomberg was asking was possible, and it is not to any new purchasers not grandfathered into the SCAL and MTC situation. However, he did say it was something ProvoCraft was hoping to be moving toward......as we all have been HOPING for quite some time. As mentioned in a previous post, this was not an interview geared towards crafters, but investors. It still could be misleading though to any new person who comes upon it. Very concerning that the President would not give a straight answerGlare . I am still in ProvoCraft's corner though.....I am an eternal optimistLOL LOL LOL ! GG

A company's corporate attitude and customer service starts at the very top, in my opinion........ I feel his answer was not direct; and, I feel his answer was evasive! I can't see how "dodging the question" can help a situation......... I agree with you, a direct answer would have been a much better response...... As a consumer, It seemed to me that the company leader doesn't have much confidence in his cutting system if he can't give the straightforward answer you have suggested!

Edited by user Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:23:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 1/31/2013(UTC), *NanaDonna* on 2/3/2013(UTC)
KarenT Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:17:46 AM(UTC)
KarenT

Was thanked: 297 time(s) in 284 post(s)

TFS BigGrin
deleted Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:31:50 AM(UTC)
deleted

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 54 post(s)
"The Cricut from Provo Craft, like Martha, does it all" - Pimm Fox

LOL LOL

I thought it was a very strange comparison, Provo Craft/Martha Stewart. I do think it was Bloombergs comparison, not PC though.

I really think PC should start saying "You can purchase and download content from the web" to clear things up. They gloss over the part about having to buy everything. I know that the buyer needs to do the research, but I have had so many people say they did not know what it all entailed. You can buy the basic machine for $100 - but you will have to invest more if you want to do much.

There is a machine out there for each crafter - it might be PC or it might be another companies. But PC needs to be more forthcoming on the details.

I was able to do some double sided print & cut with my own photo from the "other machine that shall not be mentioned" and my own printer - now that felt like it did it all - lol

"Can you actually draw or design your own image for any kind of craft and then somehow upload it to the computer or do it in the computer itself and then move that to the Cricut machine?" -Pimm Fox

"Uh, we allow you to do a lot of welding, manipulation of images, and express your own creativity. You know the whole process of actually designing or actually creating an image is a little bit more involved and when we to get to that point we want to make sure we provide a really great experience." - Ashish Arora

Gee - the software to allow you to use your own designs has been available for years! PC will have a goldmine if they open up their machine. People will still love their cartridge & PC content.

He also said "We have only launched in the United States" - ouch - that stings for those who have bought overseas!

1 user thanked deleted for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 1/31/2013(UTC)
SouthernVintage Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:51:06 AM(UTC)
SouthernVintage

United States

Was thanked: 801 time(s) in 713 post(s)
Interesting!BigGrin
GracefulGrammar Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 6:28:04 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: snapishbumblebeeb8886413 Go to Quoted Post
"The Cricut from Provo Craft, like Martha, does it all" - Pimm Fox

LOL LOL

I thought it was a very strange comparison, Provo Craft/Martha Stewart. I do think it was Bloombergs comparison, not PC though.

I really think PC should start saying "You can purchase and download content from the web" to clear things up. They gloss over the part about having to buy everything. I know that the buyer needs to do the research, but I have had so many people say they did not know what it all entailed. You can buy the basic machine for $100 - but you will have to invest more if you want to do much.

There is a machine out there for each crafter - it might be PC or it might be another companies. But PC needs to be more forthcoming on the details.

I was able to do some double sided print & cut with my own photo from the "other machine that shall not be mentioned" and my own printer - now that felt like it did it all - lol

"Can you actually draw or design your own image for any kind of craft and then somehow upload it to the computer or do it in the computer itself and then move that to the Cricut machine?" -Pimm Fox

"Uh, we allow you to do a lot of welding, manipulation of images, and express your own creativity. You know the whole process of actually designing or actually creating an image is a little bit more involved and when we to get to that point we want to make sure we provide a really great experience." - Ashish Arora

Gee - the software to allow you to use your own designs has been available for years! PC will have a goldmine if they open up their machine. People will still love their cartridge & PC content.

He also said "We have only launched in the United States" - ouch - that stings for those who have bought overseas!

Martha Stewart is a very prominent and respected craft product name..... perhaps that is the reason for the comparison??

6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9 Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 3:36:02 AM(UTC)
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 87 post(s)
I think the CEO needs to be updated by some of his staff or cricut purchessers as to what there machine will do and were it has launched . no wander a lot of cricut owners are going for different machines . that will do what people want them to do . Dont get me wrong i do like my 2 cricut machines but why cant they be truthfull .
sewnmachine Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 6:48:05 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
I watched the video. Here are my thoughts:

1. If that video was intended to entice investors I think it fell flat.

2. If that video was intended to entice new crafters, I think it was misleading.

3. If that video was intended to inspire current users, it didn't.

4. In fact, by the end of the video I wasn't even sure what his message was.

**** Do I want PC to succeed? Yes. Of course. But by now I also consider it a dead system. It is
based on such old technology, and PC has fallen so far behind the curve, I don't think they
have the ability to catch up without a complete re-do.

Updates kill machines.
CCR won't work with Windows 8 (must run in windows 7 compatibility mode)
Android OS is not even recognized.
Gypsy linking/unlinking = not possible (but coming soon)
Some machines (Create) must be back dated, instead of updated to work

I suppose if I were the CEO trying to navigate the current nightmare I would just say "F" it.
But here we all are, still hoping.....
So, I'll keep hoping too, but that video did not make me feel anymore optimistic.

GracefulGrammar Offline
#18 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 8:41:10 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: sewnmachine Go to Quoted Post
I watched the video. Here are my thoughts:

1. If that video was intended to entice investors I think it fell flat.

2. If that video was intended to entice new crafters, I think it was misleading.

3. If that video was intended to inspire current users, it didn't.

4. In fact, by the end of the video I wasn't even sure what his message was.

**** Do I want PC to succeed? Yes. Of course. But by now I also consider it a dead system. It is
based on such old technology, and PC has fallen so far behind the curve, I don't think they
have the ability to catch up without a complete re-do.

Updates kill machines.
CCR won't work with Windows 8 (must run in windows 7 compatibility mode)
Android OS is not even recognized.
Gypsy linking/unlinking = not possible (but coming soon)
Some machines (Create) must be back dated, instead of updated to work

I suppose if I were the CEO trying to navigate the current nightmare I would just say "F" it.
But here we all are, still hoping.....
So, I'll keep hoping too, but that video did not make me feel anymore optimistic.

If after ONE YEAR with the company, that's the best the new leader can deliver on his 1st anniversary, I am not optimistic either! It seemed to me that he was not comfortable with being straightforward about his company's own closed system, why it's closed, the benefits of a closed system and why his company has chosen to go the closed system route!

BJR Offline
#19 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 3:26:21 PM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapperdee Go to Quoted Post

HA HA...the ticker said "[color=green]The cricut crafting machine incorporates social networking aspects
" - huh?

I thik it must be that we "talk" to our bugs! BigGrin BJR.
Cricutgirlg Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 11:27:27 AM(UTC)
Cricutgirlg

Was thanked: 425 time(s) in 302 post(s)
I was shocked that the CEO knows so little about his brand and product, he should have stated right away that it does not cut images from the web or ones that you create outside of the cartridge family. He should have known and stated it. I'm surprised Provo Craft would hire a CEO who doesn't know anything about its product and hasn't learned enough about it. This does not bode well for Cricut's future. I was so hopeful until I watched the video. I've been buying carts recently and playing with my Cricut. I guess I go back to my other machine. At least they have their act together. He should have known and mentioned that Cricut is affiliated with Martha Stewart
AnnaC Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 12:44:47 PM(UTC)
AnnaC

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Pretty non informative. Except for the sale of 15 million cartridges!

I guess the only reasons I would care whether PC succeeds or not, would be the people who have invested lots of money who wouldn't get support (do they now???) and the good people who would lose jobs if the company fails.

I just don't believe anything I heart from this company any more.