Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cobrightf062fb2b Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:34:56 AM(UTC)
cobrightf062fb2b

Groups: Registered

Seriously. Does the box have a warning anywhere stating that you cannot cut your own designs?

Because I looked before I bought and what I found was a lot of talk about how this machine will unleash my creativity and give me countless avenues of expression. The machine is called 'Expression 2' for goodness sake. Now I find out that I can only "express" myself by cutting out their designs. The worst part is that it has been 4 months since I bought it and I have recycled the box already. Now I'm stuck.

Okay, I'm sorry for the rant. So ... does Cricut offer any way for me to upload a logo and have it converted to a craft room file?

They give me two different ways to connect to my computer (a USB Printer cable and a WiFi adapter)and neither will let me send it original artwork? Common sense revolts at this idea.

And did they really sell me a $60 wifi adapter that's only purpose is to get firmware updates? I have never felt so utterly derelict of mind.

The employee at HobbyLobby was reading off an info sheet with Cricut and Provo Craft letterhead and she told me the WiFi and USB cable let me send files to the cutter from my PC. Now this is technically true, but she read me this to answer the question, "Can I send my own artwork to this machine?". I have a hard time believing that whoever put that vendor info sheet together would not foresee this exact question. I feel like I have been intentionally misled.

At this point I would be thrilled to pay someone at ProvoCraft to digitize my logo into a form that my Cricut can use. This seems so counter-intuitive though, like someone had to go out of their way to prevent me from doing this myself.

If there is any way to actually use this machine for the purpose I bought it for I would consider it a boon if someone would enlighten me.
deleted Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:51:08 AM(UTC)
deleted

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Nope - you are SOL. :(
JeanP Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:10:06 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 804 post(s)
All you can do is "design" something in Cricut Craftroom(CCR) using PC cartridges and then cut it out with the E2.

Your original artwork will not workSad

Edited by user Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:11:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SadieB Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:45:05 PM(UTC)
SadieB

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I was told on a post I put on that you can export your Design Studio files to your desktop and then import them into Craft Room....so far I cannot even find an export option in Design Studio and you can't click on import in Craft Room directly to where my DS files are...pants!
JeanP Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:58:38 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: SadieB Go to Quoted Post
I was told on a post I put on that you can export your Design Studio files to your desktop and then import them into Craft Room....so far I cannot even find an export option in Design Studio and you can't click on import in Craft Room directly to where my DS files are...pants!

Last I heard and I may be all wrong, is that you have to change your Design Studio files into to Gypsy files and then you can use them with CCR.

Olivia'sNana Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:08:21 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 933 time(s) in 461 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
Last I heard and I may be all wrong, is that you have to change your Design Studio files into to Gypsy files and then you can use them with CCR.

I think you are correct but I don't know how to do it. I think Narelle has answered this question and explained steps to do it somewhere
JeanP Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:46:43 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: Olivia'sNana Go to Quoted Post
I think you are correct but I don't know how to do it. I think Narelle has answered this question and explained steps to do it somewhere

I seem to remember thatSmile I don't think I bothered though because I didn't have a gypsy. I sold mine because the screen was way too small for me. I LOVE Design Studio and would like CCR if I could get my laptop to talk to my E2!!!!
Still working on thatBlushing